07-18-2015, 07:07 PM
More then just a shooter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPmg6snijo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31TTz9-J24Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Alasu8wYA

That crossover 3 at the 50 sec mark on the third video though

Lakers Fan
07-18-2015, 07:21 PM
I don't remember Ray Ray as a great or even good defender.

Akrazotile
07-18-2015, 07:24 PM
You pair Allen with a prime Shaq or Gasol and you get MULTIPLE consecutive titles. FACT.

superteamtheory
07-18-2015, 07:25 PM

They picked him for the Olympics team over Vince Carter and A.I. because of his defence.

And even at an older age, his defensive competence meant he wasn't a weak link on those Celtics' lines known for being great defensively..

ISHGoat
07-18-2015, 07:26 PM
You pair Allen with a prime Shaq or Gasol and you get MULTIPLE consecutive titles. FACT.

If the hornets drafted and traded ray to the lakers and kobe was drafted by the bucks, would ray be a top 15 player of all time?

IGOTGAME
07-18-2015, 07:26 PM
They picked him for the Olympics team over Vince Carter and A.I. because of his defence.

And even at an older age, his defensive competence meant he wasn't a weak link on those Celtics' lines known for being great defensively..

they picked him because he is a deadeye shooter.

Akrazotile
07-18-2015, 07:31 PM
If the hornets drafted and traded ray to the lakers and kobe was drafted by the bucks, would ray be a top 15 player of all time?

It's hard to say. He would have been seen as Shaq's Pippen just like Kobe was, but Ray would have never stooped to alienating his team by gunning for ppg crowns and finals mvp's over a superior teammate. So he might not have achieved the individual acclaim to make the average persons top 15, but the Lakers would have definitely had even more success during the Shaq era. There's no question.

Lakers Fan
07-18-2015, 07:33 PM

Gee he was a better defender than AI or VC? What an endorsement. Allen was never considered a great defender.

Bandito
07-18-2015, 07:37 PM
It's hard to say. He would have been seen as Shaq's Pippen just like Kobe was, but Ray would have never stooped to alienating his team by gunning for ppg crowns and finals mvp's over a superior teammate. So he might not have achieved the individual acclaim to make the average persons top 15, but the Lakers would have definitely had even more success during the Shaq era. There's no question.
You think they win in 04? Because they wouldnt have won in 03 for sure.

But in 04 the main problem was that Payton didnt fit with Kobe there but with Allen opening the halfcourt Payton couldve flourished there. But there is also the problem Payton drop a lot too.

Uncle Drew
07-18-2015, 07:43 PM
He was one game away from taking that Bucks team to the finals in 01. Which he would have, if it wasn't for corrupt referees and the NBA wanting AI vs. Shaq.

Akrazotile
07-18-2015, 07:43 PM
You think they win in 04? Because they wouldnt have won in 03 for sure.

But in 04 the main problem was that Payton didnt fit with Kobe there but with Allen opening the halfcourt Payton couldve flourished there. But there is also the problem Payton drop a lot too.

I mean I dont really know for sure, I'm just havin some fun with the kobe stans but I do feel Allen could have won as many titles with Shaq as Kobe did and possibly more. His game complements Diesel perfectly and his ability to check his ego would have ensured they stayed teammates longer.

Plus

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--6_FtBPfk--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/18j5gh0fbbfvtjpg.jpg

blablabla
07-18-2015, 08:30 PM
I mean I dont really know for sure, I'm just havin some fun with the kobe stans but I do feel Allen could have won as many titles with Shaq as Kobe did and possibly more. His game complements Diesel perfectly and his ability to check his ego would have ensured they stayed teammates longer.

Plus

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--6_FtBPfk--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/18j5gh0fbbfvtjpg.jpg
How so? What exactly does he do better than Kobe expect 3 point shooting. He isn't even close to Kobe in terms of scoring, defense and most importantly playmaking. There might have not been any tension between Ray and Shaq but until 04 that barely affected the Lakers play on court. And as we have seen in Shaqs Miami years without someone like Wade, who again was miles better than Ray, Shaq would have never won a ring.

MP.Trey
07-18-2015, 08:35 PM
Defended Kobe pretty well in the 08 Finals.

Josh
07-18-2015, 08:40 PM
Ray Allen was a very underrated "above the rim" guy when he was younger. Dude can (could) lift, no doubt. He had the ability to get straight nasty on dudes when given the chance.

Bandito
07-18-2015, 08:43 PM

Plus

:lol

Megabox!
07-18-2015, 08:43 PM
You guys think that 01' Bucks team would have been a better matchup against the Lakers in the finals over the 76ers? I feel Ray kinda got screwed over in the ECF

houston
07-18-2015, 08:52 PM
You guys think that 01' Bucks team would have been a better matchup against the Lakers in the finals over the 76ers? I feel Ray kinda got screwed over in the ECF

no Sixers was the better team A.I. went off in game 7.

gyu
07-18-2015, 09:15 PM
Gee he was a better defender than AI or VC? What an endorsement. Allen was never considered a great defender.
Ray is no slouch on d. He played excellent d in kobe in the finals, while on the other end kobe didn't even guard ray... They got d fish to do it.

KendrickPerkins
07-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Your post perfectly describes why Kobe is a cancer to a team and franchise. Dude is so caught up in his own individual greatness and legacy... but plays a team sport.

Dudes should be foaming at the mouth to go to LA...

Instead they're not even considering it anymore. All because of Kobe.

Just blows my mind.