PDA

View Full Version : SI Article assumes lakers and Sixers will be Bottom 5 team in 2015-2016

MJ(Mean John)
07-19-2015, 05:11 AM
Isn't that a little premature and unprofessional ?? At least with respect to the Lakers' 2015-2016 Season.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/18/philadelphia-76ers-scottie-wilbekin-four-year-contract

On July 7, the team signed No. 3 overall draft pick Jahlil Okafor. Philadelphia led all teams with six draft picks at the 2015 NBA draft and own two top-five lottery picks in the 2016 draft.

First of all, The Lakers' Pick is top 3 protected. Second of all, I don't see the lakers finishing worse than bottom 5.

Teams worse than the Lakers for Sure:

Sixers
Knicks
Magic
Nuggets
Wolves
Hornets
Kings
Suns(?Maybe)
Pacers(?Maybe)

This would leave the lakers at the 8th-10th worst record and thus wouldn't be Top 5. In addition, if they win the Lottery, it would go to the Lakers, as the aforementioned protection.

Let's boycott SI?

WHO's With Me?!

(Why I made the Thread? Because you Fa.ggots get off on sh1t like this)

outbreak
07-19-2015, 05:13 AM
Isn't that a little premature and unprofessional ?? At least with respect to the Lakers' 2015-2016 Season.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/18/philadelphia-76ers-scottie-wilbekin-four-year-contract

First of all, The Lakers' Pick is top 3 protected. Second of all, I don't see the lakers finishing worse than bottom 5.

Sixers
Knicks
Magic
Nuggets
Wolves
Hornets
Kings
Suns
Pacers

This would leave the lakers at the 8th-10th worst record and thus wouldn't be Top 5. In addition, if they win the Lottery, it would go to the Lakers, as the aforementioned protection.

Let's boycott SI?

WHO's With Me?!

The bolded will have better records than the lakers

MJ(Mean John)
07-19-2015, 05:17 AM

So Lakers are getting another top 2 pick?

Cmon bra

pastis
07-19-2015, 05:22 AM

Sixers
Knicks
Magic
Nuggets
Wolves
Hornets
Kings
Suns(?Maybe)
Pacers(?Maybe)

:yaohappy:

sixer are on a 7 years plan. they are hurting their franchise, their fanbase, sponsors whatever. maybe it will work, maybe not. acutally looking at this sixers lineup....ECSF at least baby

BlackWhiteGreen
07-19-2015, 05:54 AM
You're underrating some of those teams imo but the I don't see how the Lakers can be bottom 3 again unless Kobe misses the whole year. Wouldn't expect them any higher than ~22nd though either - just too many good teams in the West. Like, I don't even have Dallas making the playoffs atm.

buddha
07-19-2015, 06:04 AM
i'd love it if the Lakers somehow got a top 3 pick.

D'Angelo Russell
Jordan Clarkson
--
Julius Randle
Skal Labbisiere

would be an awesome core, just add a quality max FA and that's an easy 8th seed with the potential to be dominant in a few years.

ImKobe
07-19-2015, 06:32 AM
It's a safe pick to say the Lakers will be at the bottom once again for these reasons:

- most of the roster has no chemistry with one another with all the young guys and Hibbert trade + Mo Will & Bass signing

- Kobe has yet to prove that he could make it past January at this point in his career, will he be able to produce and play consistently without having another season-ending injury? If Kobe's healthy all year, that adds about 8-10 wins alone with his leadership and his ability to get hot and put games out of reach for the opponents.

- Byron Scott is the coach, he isn't a GREAT coach, he had some decent seasons with peak Kidd & CP3 but outside of that, he hasn't done shit. only 5 out of 14 seasons with an above .500 record.

Nastradamus
07-19-2015, 12:16 PM

Sixers
Knicks
Magic
Nuggets
Wolves
Hornets
Kings
Suns(?Maybe)
Pacers(?Maybe)

Let's boycott SI?

WHO's With Me?!

(Why I made the Thread? Because you Fa.ggots get off on sh1t like this)

Most of those teams have a strong chance to be better than the Lakers.
Especially the Kings,Pacers,Nuggets,Suns,Wolves and Hornets. Unless Kobe comes back like his prime or something

IncarceratedBob
07-19-2015, 12:34 PM
People who hate Byron Scott are stat head geeks who are mad that Scott doesn't care about analytics. When's the last time that kind of coach won a title? Yeah, never. BScott is a tough minded SOB, who will run you into the ground to get you into the best possible shape. he's a leader of men and a great teacher. Honestly give him a couple of rings and we're talking about him up there with Pop as the best coach in the NBA.

Millslapped
07-19-2015, 12:46 PM
literally everyone of those teams short of maybe the hornets and sixers and nugs will be better than LA

Brokenbeat
07-19-2015, 12:49 PM

Pretty much :confusedshrug:

ShawkFactory
07-19-2015, 12:52 PM
People who hate Byron Scott are stat head geeks who are mad that Scott doesn't care about analytics. When's the last time that kind of coach won a title? Yeah, never. BScott is a tough minded SOB, who will run you into the ground to get you into the best possible shape. he's a leader of men and a great teacher. Honestly give him a couple of rings and we're talking about him up there with Pop as the best coach in the NBA.
Yea but he'd have to be a better coach to get a couple rings...

You're argument is fundamentally flawed.

STATUTORY
07-19-2015, 12:55 PM
Kobe, D'Angelo and Randle gonna surprise a lot of people this year

looking like Stringer, Barksdale, and Weybay out there

wouldn't be surprised if we get that 6th seed to 8th seed

Millslapped
07-19-2015, 12:58 PM

6-8?
in the west?
lol

Nick Young
07-19-2015, 01:07 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:
:rockon:

Legends66NBA7
07-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Why is it premature and unprofessional to give an opinion ? Unless it's extremely distasteful, they are giving a prediction and that's it.

You get premature statements on this board all the time.

ShawkFactory
07-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Preseason predictions are unprofessional?

MJ(Mean John)
07-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Why is it premature and unprofessional to give an opinion ? Unless it's extremely distasteful, they are giving a prediction and that's it.

You get premature statements on this board all the time.

It was more stated as fact. I would understand if the article stated "they own two first rounders that will likely be a lottery top 5 pick"

But they said it as fact.