PDA

View Full Version : what are Towns, Okafor, Mudiay doing this summer?

STATUTORY
07-20-2015, 09:53 AM
cause Russell is already in the gym, getting stronger

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKUR6UdUMAAdv_j.jpg

:applause: :applause:

loving this pick, D'angelo has the same heart as Kobe

West-Side
07-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Dude, my 57 year old mom picks up those dumbbells, they look like they're 10 pounds.

D'Angelo definitely needs to build up those muscles; he looks really weak.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Apparently the other 3 are playing basketball.

STATUTORY
07-20-2015, 09:59 AM
Dude, my 57 year old mom picks up those dumbbells, they look like they're 10 pounds.

D"angelo gonna be posting up smaller guards and feasting in the post all day in his prime

i can already see it

FireDavidKahn
07-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Pretty light weights.:facepalm

Gotta start with baby weight I guess.:confusedshrug:

RightToCensor
07-20-2015, 10:07 AM
I do know that Stanley Johnson is playing in the Drew League.

Towns will probably head to Minnesota and prep for the season.
Okafor will do whatever he wants.
Mudiay might join the Drew League, he fits their play style.

inclinerator
07-20-2015, 10:10 AM

the squats look like 40-50 lbs
ab work out looks like a 20

FireDavidKahn
07-20-2015, 10:26 AM
Darren Wolfson ‏@DWolfsonKSTP 8m8 minutes ago
Probably some rest and individual work with his trainer. He'll mix in time w/ the Wolves' staff too, I'm sure.
0 retweets 0 favorites
Reply Retweet Favorite
More:cheers:

West-Side
07-20-2015, 10:46 AM
the squats look like 40-50 lbs
ab work out looks like a 20

I don't know, just seems like the weights some beginners at the gym would use.
Not an athlete playing for the NBA.

I mean Steph Curry and Tony Parker never looked overly strong so I'm hoping Russell has similar success; but those guys are very rare talents.

So we shall see, he does look pretty weak though in the pictures.

kshutts1
07-20-2015, 10:58 AM

How many jacked PGs does the league have? I can't think of any highly successful ones. It's all about explosive power, muscle endurance, etc. The way to build that is through lower weights and higher reps.

Personally, I think the best "lifting" that guards/wings could do would be to wear weight vests and ankle weights during practices/shoot arounds, but that is probably more likely to damage/hurt them.

Plus, these guys are being shown what to do by someone that likely have a master's or Doctorate in Kinesiology or lifting or something like that. I'm pretty sure that person knows more about weight lifting than everyone on this forum, and most of us put together.

West-Side
07-20-2015, 11:04 AM
How many jacked PGs does the league have? I can't think of any highly successful ones. It's all about explosive power, muscle endurance, etc. The way to build that is through lower weights and higher reps.

Personally, I think the best "lifting" that guards/wings could do would be to wear weight vests and ankle weights during practices/shoot arounds, but that is probably more likely to damage/hurt them.

Plus, these guys are being shown what to do by someone that likely have a master's or Doctorate in Kinesiology or lifting or something like that. I'm pretty sure that person knows more about weight lifting than everyone on this forum, and most of us put together.

Fair enough, good points.

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-20-2015, 11:07 AM
D"angelo gonna be posting up smaller guards and feasting in the post all day in his prime

i can already see it
One step closer to Andre Miller 2.0:applause:

NugzFan
07-20-2015, 11:12 AM
russell lifts weights like all NBA players do?

Yes. This is thread worthy.

artificial
07-20-2015, 11:24 AM
If anyone ever wonders why some people don't like Lakers fans, please show them this thread.

senelcoolidge
07-20-2015, 11:28 AM
The lakers used their #2 pick on a point guard project. Russell has a long ways to go. But the lakers have 3-4 years to waste to wait for him to be serviceable. They can suck for another 3-4 years.

NugzFan
07-20-2015, 11:47 AM
If anyone ever wonders why some people don't like Lakers fans, please show them this thread.

This. Laker fans bring this on themselves.

Legends66NBA7
07-20-2015, 12:06 PM

The OP's a Knicks fan. Funny enough, he posts a lot about the Lakers, so I take it he's both.

AirTupac
07-20-2015, 12:18 PM
russell lifts weights like all NBA players do?

Yes. This is thread worthy.

You follow Laker threads like a poor little whore. Like mother, like son.

BigTicket
07-20-2015, 12:20 PM
Will those weights help him avoid turnovers ? Will they improve his shooting ?

STATUTORY
07-20-2015, 12:21 PM
Will those weights help him avoid turnovers ? Will they improve his shooting ?

he's already an elite shooter and his turnovers are because he's trying to pass to open players who don't even know they are open. Once his teammats learn the playbook those turnovers will turn into assists

most astute nba fans haven't been this excited about a pg prospect since dare i say Magic Johnson

SugarHill
07-20-2015, 12:27 PM
he's already an elite shooter and his turnovers are because he's trying to pass to open players who don't even know they are open. Once his teammats learn the playbook those turnovers will turn into assists

most astute nba fans haven't been this excited about a pg prospect since dare i say Magic Johnson
http://media.giphy.com/media/xTiTnJp3FfCaOm7rG0/giphy.gif

Is he even a top 10 PG prospect since 2000?

STATUTORY
07-20-2015, 12:41 PM
Is he even a top 10 PG prospect since 2000?

depending on what you are looking for in a pg, i haven't seen a pg with a combination of his vision, passing skill, size, and shooting this decade

mind you he's 6ft5 barefoot and will likely grow another inch or 2. So we are looking at a 6ft7 pg with elite passing and shooting and post game once he fills out

pretty damn special

FKAri
07-20-2015, 01:26 PM
depending on what you are looking for in a pg, i haven't seen a pg with a combination of his vision, passing skill, size, and shooting this decade

mind you he's 6ft5 barefoot and will likely grow another inch or 2. So we are looking at a 6ft7 pg with elite passing and shooting and post game once he fills out

pretty damn special

Shaun Livingston

kshutts1
07-20-2015, 02:15 PM
Shaun Livingston
Was not a shooter.

I don't pay attention to prospects. I really only care once they're actually playing. And for Russell, I literally had not heard a thing about him until the draft was close. It was Okafor as the top pick all year, undisputed best player. Then KAT and WCS were in the conversation. Then just KAT. Then after individual meetings or something Russell started gaining momentum. Hardly a trend of "the best prospect since Magic".

But other high-profile PGs lately...

Paul
Rose
Irving
Telfair

Can't really think of more, but then again, I don't follow college or the pre-draft process.

BigNBAfan
07-20-2015, 02:17 PM
some people here have never lifted before....

he prob does a lot of reps per set for endurance

TemporaMutantur
07-20-2015, 02:24 PM

Word, a lot of basketball workouts are lower-weight/higher rep.

inclinerator
07-20-2015, 02:35 PM

only 15 reps

dazzer87
07-20-2015, 02:42 PM
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/19/fullj.05ade299dfed8c864dcadfbd04493afd/05ade299dfed8c864dcadfbd04493afd-getty-141466537.jpg

FKAri
07-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Was not a shooter.

I don't pay attention to prospects. I really only care once they're actually playing. And for Russell, I literally had not heard a thing about him until the draft was close. It was Okafor as the top pick all year, undisputed best player. Then KAT and WCS were in the conversation. Then just KAT. Then after individual meetings or something Russell started gaining momentum. Hardly a trend of "the best prospect since Magic".

But other high-profile PGs lately...

Paul
Rose
Irving
Telfair

Can't really think of more, but then again, I don't follow college or the pre-draft process.

Also Rubio, Wall, OJ Mayo, Lillard, Exum, Mudiay

kshutts1
07-20-2015, 03:46 PM
Bolded were definitely less heralded than Russ. Mudiay was basically considered a nobody in this draft, which was mind-boggling to me. His hype in HS was legit though.

Good call on Wall and Rubio.

Lakers Fan
07-20-2015, 05:16 PM

But of those 10 guys mentioned, only Paul is a shooter, which is why it will be exciting to see if he can do damage in the NBA like he did in college.

mentallooser
07-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Any word on at what point in the workout these pictures are....or whether these are drop sets? Lol at people judging the weights the guy is using while obviously following some middle school football team weight room workout program.

avonbarksdale
07-20-2015, 07:46 PM
doing dumbbell squats lol

NugzFan
07-20-2015, 08:12 PM
You follow Laker threads like a poor little whore. Like mother, like son.

My posts follow shitty laker threads. Don't blame me. Blame the source.

Too bad laker fans can't stop making them.

NugzFan
07-20-2015, 08:13 PM
Bolded were definitely less heralded than Russ. Mudiay was basically considered a nobody in this draft.

Was he? I didn't get that vibe when watching on TV. Maybe he was though.

AirTupac
07-20-2015, 08:43 PM
My posts follow shitty laker threads. Don't blame me. Blame the source.

Too bad laker fans can't stop making them.

It doesn't excuse the fact that I see you more in these Laker threads than anyone else. Don't you have things to do ? Hobbies? Work? School?

kshutts1
07-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Was he? I didn't get that vibe when watching on TV. Maybe he was though.
Maybe saying a "nobody" is too harsh, but it was very much all about KAT and Okafor, then Russell entered the picture later, then Porzingis entered. All of them leap-frogged Mudiay, who was the best or second best prospect coming out of HS.

I think Denver got a steal.. he'll likely be the ROY, and a future all-star, whereas I don't see that from Porzingis in particular. Not sure how I feel about Towns or Russell yet, either. Russell strikes me as a Kendall Marshall or Jameer Nelson kinda player, only bigger.

Millslapped
07-21-2015, 11:03 AM

pretty damn special
he's 6'3 barefoot you jackass