PDA

View Full Version : describe your last encounter with a stranger

RidonKs
07-20-2015, 09:03 PM
last week i smoked a joint with garrett, an ex-meth head from london trying to put his life back together, and eliza, a somewhat bipolar hooker i met on a beer patio. fabulous times, we wandered around, laughed, eliza got mad at me briefly for generally having more money than her, but she cooled off. then i went home.

what was your last friendly meeting with a stranger?

sidenote: one night stands and sexual pursuits do not count, unless they veered into a more strictly platonic dimension

also, can i make a suggestion? if it was over six months ago, gtfo there and make it happen again mfer

RidonKs
07-20-2015, 09:11 PM
a few weeks ago i met a 60 y/o greek man named george in the east end of toronto. i was wandering back from the bar and we were waiting for the same 24 hour streetcar which never came. we got to talking, my being inebriated and his being polite and curious. a few others joined the conversation along the way. he was incredibly generous, giving change to three separate bums who came along. i don't give change to bums but i do give them cigarettes.

anyway we wound up sharing a cab home together. the conversation veered into topics like god and meaning and family and shared experience and reward and all that incredible stuff. he was so ****ing down to earth it practically scared me. just a superb person in every sense. i will never see him again but i'm glad i got the one chance to witness just a snippet of his total humanity.

JEFFERSON MONEY
07-20-2015, 10:11 PM
Met a woman from Bosnia, in her mid 30's @ the hospital while monitoring a child. Escaped the war in the 90s, living frugally to make ends meet. Initially seemed stressed out about current affairs but after a warm, innocent conversation her mood was visibly lifted. Shot the sh!t on feeling alone in this world, being away from her family, disconnected, Muslim culture, how strong the kids in the hospital were. She had to bounce but greeted me later enthusiastically. Shouldn't it be her nurses co-workers job to do that? Yaknow be a friend.

Guy at the gym asked me to help bench. Dude was a twig but pushing 185 for sets of 10 cleanly. Ends up he was just let out of prison. Asked him what he plans to do now. Can't say he wasn't shifting his head nervously when replying. Forgot what he said.

Met a transvestite and a woman in her 50's. The transvestite I had seen on multiple occasions prior to Jenner's big statement. Said this is waht he hate to endure through his life

- Moved out at 14
- Underwent 5 to 7 car crashes in the duration of his life
- Was briefly in the military
- Had some ...stenosis on his cervical vertebrate
- Tried to get it fixed, DR's failed MULTIPLE TIMES
- Was well off, financially, but was devoting a great amount of time to help his sick, aging mother who accepted his dressing ways.
- Guy sees my little brother later on says, "Tough times, but the children are all grown up, I've been alive way longer than I should have, now I'm waiting to see where God takes me,"

The woman in her 50s was pissed the fukk off at a new town meeting allocating millions of dollars to build a home for recovering alcoholics. Very active publicly. Talked about how life was back then and how life is right now, and the Millenial Generation being weak and weird yadda-yadda. Very very pleasant disposition. Transvestite guy came in. The woman had some very, very rare disease in her ear as well as the rarest form of diabetes. Unmarried, no children. Had a remarkably energetic vibe to her; arguably moreso than a club promoter. She compliments the trans guy on how beautiful his hair is and how wonderful they look and they get into a lengthy conversation about all the sh!t they went through in their life. They touch base on diseases and the stupidity of the world around them as well. The guy slowly asks her if he can do something to heal her, puts his hand gently on her head and blesses her in a very focused, Catholic way.

She left off asking me multiple times ,"Am I not involved locally?" Leaves off with a very bubbly cheerful smile. They were interesting characters, I'm leaving something out.

As you can tell from the story, your boy needs to listen much, much better.

RidonKs
07-20-2015, 10:26 PM
remembering ain't listening, boss

Yoda
07-20-2015, 10:43 PM
Stormtrooper he was. Controlled his mind I did.

CavaliersFTW
07-20-2015, 11:18 PM
Gave an old man 3 dollars so he could pay his bus fare to get home

Raymone
07-21-2015, 03:41 AM
What's a beer patio?

RidonKs
07-21-2015, 08:59 AM
What's a beer patio?
like the patio of a place that serves beer sometimes (really its more of a cafe but its licensed and at 4 it turns to happy hour)

RidonKs
07-22-2015, 10:35 AM
bump

this thread deserves your attention

encountering strangers is one of the few universal pleasures we all happen to share

so share

knickballer
07-22-2015, 02:59 PM
finger banging op's mom last night ;)

RidonKs
07-22-2015, 03:56 PM
was drinking last night with a 35 year old bald dude in a suit who maintained the entire night that he was jim henson's son which i bought hook line and sinker, dude was throwing money around like nothin, telling stories about skateboarding in new york with avril lavine and getting trashed in montreal with celine dion... very strange but quite a bit of fun

RidonKs
07-22-2015, 04:06 PM
http://www.cns.iisc.ernet.in/~harishk/hobbessketch2.jpg

http://www.rossjreid.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/candh_treasure.gif

highwhey
07-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Was in Tucson (2hrs south of Phoenix). Middle of the day I walked into a Subway and sat down to eat my sandwich. Old guy sits next to me and giggles. Says to me: "you're wearing a suit in the Southwest" i reply back that I'm from Phoenix so I'm used to the heat. Afterwards he apologized for the slight mockery and proceeds to tell me where he's from (Texas) and we have a nice conversation. I thought to myself that if I had gotten mad, the nice conversation would have never taken place.

RidonKs
07-22-2015, 09:10 PM
Was in Tucson (2hrs south of Phoenix). Middle of the day I walked into a Subway and sat down to eat my sandwich. Old guy sits next to me and giggles. Says to me: "you're wearing a suit in the Southwest" i reply back that I'm from Phoenix so I'm used to the heat. Afterwards he apologized for the slight mockery and proceeds to tell me where he's from (Texas) and we have a nice conversation. I thought to myself that if I had gotten mad, the nice conversation would have never taken place.
:cheers:

outbreak
07-22-2015, 09:13 PM
was drinking last night with a 35 year old bald dude in a suit who maintained the entire night that he was jim henson's son which i bought hook line and sinker, dude was throwing money around like nothin, telling stories about skateboarding in new york with avril lavine and getting trashed in montreal with celine dion... very strange but quite a bit of fun

and that didn't tell you he was full of it? When they handed her a skateboard for her film clip she had no idea what it was.

RidonKs
07-23-2015, 05:06 AM
and that didn't tell you he was full of it? When they handed her a skateboard for her film clip she had no idea what it was.
lol

i'm gullible as fk bro, especially when i'm drunk, goes hand in hand with charitable listening skills

senelcoolidge
07-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Late one night I was at a bar and there was a chick giving me the eye, but I was not really interested. I observed her throughout the night and could see that she was drinking kind of heavily. She was in her 20's...maybe around 24-26 years old. Well she finally left and just out of curiosity I thought I'd follow her. On the way out I introduced myself and we talked a little. I told her that I was concerned and I would walk her home or get her a taxi. I don't know but my charm was strong. I think she had a liking to me because she smiled and even blushed. She told me she didn't live far. This is near a University so there are apartments but also some dark wooded areas. I fibbed and told her that I worked at the University and whatever we carried a conversation as we walked to her place. She was not feeling all that well and was a little tipsy at that. Strange but I don't remember what happened after that. It's like my memory, my sight became diluted. Like water following down on a window when it's raining hard outside. The next thing I remember was standing in a dark area, trees surrounded me. I looked down and saw the stranger/girl I had been talking to. Her eyes were wide open, bloodshot. I was confused and scared. My pants felt loose and saw that my belt was amiss. I looked at the girl and saw my belt very tightly strapped around her neck. So tightly that it looked like it crushed her neck. She had a unhealthy pallor. She was motionless. I freaked out and ran. That was my last encounter with a stranger.

dannywpt
07-23-2015, 12:29 PM
Late one night I was at a bar and there was a chick giving me the eye, but I was not really interested. I observed her throughout the night and could see that she was drinking kind of heavily. She was in her 20's...maybe around 24-26 years old. Well she finally left and just out of curiosity I thought I'd follow her. On the way out I introduced myself and we talked a little. I told her that I was concerned and I would walk her home or get her a taxi. I don't know but my charm was strong. I think she had a liking to me because she smiled and even blushed. She told me she didn't live far. This is near a University so there are apartments but also some dark wooded areas. I fibbed and told her that I worked at the University and whatever we carried a conversation as we walked to her place. She was not feeling all that well and was a little tipsy at that. Strange but I don't remember what happened after that. It's like my memory, my sight became diluted. Like water following down on a window when it's raining hard outside. The next thing I remember was standing in a dark area, trees surrounded me. I looked down and saw the stranger/girl I had been talking to. Her eyes were wide open, bloodshot. I was confused and scared. My pants felt loose and saw that my belt was amiss. I looked at the girl and saw my belt very tightly strapped around her neck. So tightly that it looked like it crushed her neck. She had a unhealthy pallor. She was motionless. I freaked out and ran. That was my last encounter with a stranger.

:lebronamazed:

RidonKs
07-23-2015, 12:53 PM
:biggums:

Stempel, HERB
07-24-2015, 04:19 PM
Met a woman from Bosnia, in her mid 30's @ the hospital while monitoring a child. Escaped the war in the 90s, living frugally to make ends meet. Initially seemed stressed out about current affairs but after a warm, innocent conversation her mood was visibly lifted. Shot the sh!t on feeling alone in this world, being away from her family, disconnected, Muslim culture, how strong the kids in the hospital were. She had to bounce but greeted me later enthusiastically. Shouldn't it be her nurses co-workers job to do that? Yaknow be a friend.

Guy at the gym asked me to help bench. Dude was a twig but pushing 185 for sets of 10 cleanly. Ends up he was just let out of prison. Asked him what he plans to do now. Can't say he wasn't shifting his head nervously when replying. Forgot what he said.

Met a transvestite and a woman in her 50's. The transvestite I had seen on multiple occasions prior to Jenner's big statement. Said this is waht he hate to endure through his life

- Moved out at 14
- Underwent 5 to 7 car crashes in the duration of his life
- Was briefly in the military
- Had some ...stenosis on his cervical vertebrate
- Tried to get it fixed, DR's failed MULTIPLE TIMES
- Was well off, financially, but was devoting a great amount of time to help his sick, aging mother who accepted his dressing ways.
- Guy sees my little brother later on says, "Tough times, but the children are all grown up, I've been alive way longer than I should have, now I'm waiting to see where God takes me,"

The woman in her 50s was pissed the fukk off at a new town meeting allocating millions of dollars to build a home for recovering alcoholics. Very active publicly. Talked about how life was back then and how life is right now, and the Millenial Generation being weak and weird yadda-yadda. Very very pleasant disposition. Transvestite guy came in. The woman had some very, very rare disease in her ear as well as the rarest form of diabetes. Unmarried, no children. Had a remarkably energetic vibe to her; arguably moreso than a club promoter. She compliments the trans guy on how beautiful his hair is and how wonderful they look and they get into a lengthy conversation about all the sh!t they went through in their life. They touch base on diseases and the stupidity of the world around them as well. The guy slowly asks her if he can do something to heal her, puts his hand gently on her head and blesses her in a very focused, Catholic way.

She left off asking me multiple times ,"Am I not involved locally?" Leaves off with a very bubbly cheerful smile. They were interesting characters, I'm leaving something out.

As you can tell from the story, your boy needs to listen much, much better.

A wrinkly old hag and a Bible-thumping Caitlyn Jenner wannabe

Sounds like you've met your match you ****ing creep.

NBAplayoffs2001
07-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Something along the lines of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuBkOm8QG6c

MrC1991
07-24-2015, 04:26 PM

:coleman: