PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about how the entire 2011 draft class got a max contract

TheMarkMadsen
07-21-2015, 12:07 AM
or near max

Irving
Kawhi
Butler
Klay
Vucci mayne
TT
Parsons
Kemba
Faried
Thomas
Reggie Jackson
Tobias
Dude from the raptors
Brandon Knight
Mirotic

other players from that draft.. Cory Joseph, Singler, Norris Cole, Motiejunes..

Vucci will get the max, Jonas too, Kemba maybe, Mirotic still could break out, Motiejunes

:biggums: :biggums:

BasedTom
07-21-2015, 12:08 AM
kyrie is the clear weakest link

TheMarkMadsen
07-21-2015, 12:11 AM
most of these guys weren't supposed to be this good

Kawhi & Klay already play huge roles on championship teams

Heavincent
07-21-2015, 12:14 AM
I could be remembering wrong, but weren't a lot of people saying there weren't any bonafide superstars in this class, but it was very deep? I think that turned out to be a somewhat accurate assessment.

The_Pharcyde
07-21-2015, 12:15 AM
a mixture of this draft class overachieving on the court and the economic climate of the nba business being in an unprecedented position, allowing these guys to get maxed out under contracts of the old cba

since 2000 ill take 2003, 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2009 over 2011.. the verdict is still out from 2012 on

nzahir
07-21-2015, 12:15 AM
kyrie is the clear weakest link
So lebron has no help?

Millslapped
07-21-2015, 12:16 AM
or near max

Irving
Kawhi
Butler
Klay
Vucci mayne
TT
Parsons
Kemba
Faried
Thomas
Reggie Jackson
Tobias
Dude from the raptors
Brandon Knight
Mirotic

other players from that draft.. Cory Joseph, Singler, Norris Cole, Motiejunes..

Vucci will get the max, Jonas too, Kemba maybe, Mirotic still could break out, Motiejunes

:biggums: :biggums:
Vucevic signed for $11m/yr at the beginning of last season. He would have been maxed if he was on the market but Orlando got a steal.

Akrazotile
07-21-2015, 12:17 AM
most of these guys weren't supposed to be this good

Kawhi & Klay already play huge roles on championship teams

Theyre still just very good role players on good all-around teams.

They wouldnt be able to significantly alter the course of a mediocre roster.

Theyre a little bit overpaid relative to their value but if you dont give them that money someone else will, so you have little choice.

Heavincent
07-21-2015, 12:22 AM
Theyre still just very good role players on good all-around teams.

They wouldnt be able to significantly alter the course of a mediocre roster.

Theyre a little bit overpaid relative to their value but if you dont give them that money someone else will, so you have little choice.

Klay was the second best player on a 67 win team for a good portion of the season. Kawhi has arguably been the Spurs best player for the past 2 years, although the Spurs are so balanced it doesn't really matter who the best player is.

Danny Green and Shaun Livingston are very good role players. Thompson and Leonard are all star caliber.

TheMarkMadsen
07-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Klay was the second best player on a 67 win team for a good portion of the season. Kawhi has arguably been the Spurs best player for the past 2 years, although the Spurs are so balanced it doesn't really matter who the best player is.

Danny Green and Shaun Livingston are very good role players. Thompson and Leonard are all star caliber.

:applause: :applause:

daily
07-21-2015, 12:29 AM
Most of these contracts won't be considered max next summer

Akrazotile
07-21-2015, 12:31 AM

I dont distinguish between role player and mere allstars. A lot of allstars are one dimensional role players whose role happens to be volume shooting, which mAkes the simple fans drool and clap and vote them in.

Either youre a franchise player who significantly elevates a team by yourself - Duncan, Bron, Durant, prime Howard or CP3, or youre a role player.

Guys like Klay and Leonard still have to play within themselves and not try to do too much. For franchise players theres basically no such thing. The more they do the better.

Heavincent
07-21-2015, 12:39 AM
I dont distinguish between role player and mere allstars. A lot of allstars are one dimensional role players whose role happens to be volume shooting, which mAkes the simple fans drool and clap and vote them in.

Neither Thompson or Leonard fit that description at all, so I don't see your point.

Either youre a franchise player who significantly elevates a team by yourself - Duncan, Bron, Durant, prime Howard or CP3, or youre a role player.

Really? Only 2 tiers of players, with no gray area? That doesn't really make sense. As I mentioned, there's a clear distinction between Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard. That's just one example.

Legends66NBA7
07-21-2015, 01:13 AM
Was it hard to spell dude from raptors name ?

TheMarkMadsen
07-21-2015, 01:14 AM
Was it hard to spell dude from raptors name ?

yeah

Legends66NBA7
07-21-2015, 01:20 AM
Just do what I do.... JV.

RightToCensor
07-21-2015, 01:21 AM
So instead of just typing Jonas (which you clearly did type later on) you type dude from the raptors

:face****ingpalm:

Spurs m8
07-21-2015, 01:50 AM

Guys like Klay and Leonard still have to play within themselves and not try to do too much. For franchise players theres basically no such thing. The more they do the better.

You sound like one of those shit eating know it alls who omits vital information when making your shit eating view of something.

learn to basketball

imnew09
07-21-2015, 01:59 AM
Mirotic seems to have alot of potential.

But yea, that cap increase doee