PDA

View Full Version : Black Lives Matter Protesters - Martin O'Malley Crashes Politically Netroots nation

mehyaM24
07-21-2015, 05:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbixEGV_N6g

why the fvck did these idiots boo? what did he say wrong? all lives DO matter :biggums:

BigNBAfan
07-21-2015, 05:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbixEGV_N6g

why the fvck did these idiots boo? what did he say wrong? all lives DO matter :biggums:

:biggums:

Noob Saibot
07-21-2015, 05:49 PM
would've gained respect for malley if he didn't apologize for his stance. but he's a sucka.

NumberSix
07-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Black lives matter is just another fake social justice warrior movement. It never had anything to do with wanting equal rights under the law for all citizens. It's sole purpose is exploitation to use as a political tool.

SCdac
07-21-2015, 07:41 PM
I'm fine with the "black lives matter" movement in it of itself, because I think we still have a ways to go (without going into detail), but when statements like white lives matter and all lives matter become non-PC and even controversial... we live in very weird times, where soundbites can kill a candidate (binders full of women, anyone?) and politically correct semantics and language are argued over for weeks ... About a month ago Hilary Clinton caught some flack for saying "all lives matter" in the aftermath of that church shooting. It's warped criticism for a relatively benign statement, but was perceived by the crowd as deflection from the real issue I gather... Basically, in this internet-social media-driven era we live in - political/protest movements are incredibly competitive in their demand for attention, and every group tries to paint themselves as the most victimized. Every national event is politicized to the Nth degree nowadays and political parties (and Americans, I'd say) seem as far apart as ever

Akrazotile
07-21-2015, 08:19 PM
I'm fine with the "black lives matter" movement in it of itself, because I think we still have a ways to go (without going into detail), but when statements like white lives matter and all lives matter become non-PC and even controversial... we live in very weird times, where soundbites can kill a candidate (binders full of women, anyone?) and politically correct semantics and language are argued over for weeks ... About a month ago Hilary Clinton caught some flack for saying "all lives matter" in the aftermath of that church shooting. It's warped criticism for a relatively benign statement, but was perceived by the crowd as deflection from the real issue I gather... Basically, in this internet-social media-driven era we live in - political/protest movements are incredibly competitive in their demand for attention, and every group tries to paint themselves as the most victimized. Every national event is politicized to the Nth degree nowadays and political parties (and Americans, I'd say) seem as far apart as ever

To what?

A ways to go until what, exactly?

Until every individual person has an exactly equal amount of innate xenophobia, that being presumably null?

Or are you talking about something realistic?

I just dont understand what people mean by "a ways to go."

Everyone has equal protection under law now. Historically disadvantaged groups are not only being quota'd in to every institution in society, but with openly lowered standards just for those groups.

How much farther does it have to go?

knickballer
07-21-2015, 09:32 PM

Great point right there and I especially agree with the victimization angle you mentioned. It seems like every group of people are playing the victim card and at that point it becomes obsolete as you'll are victims to what?

Another thing that is becoming more common is the idea that certain groups of people have privilege compared to others. I think in some cases it's true especially when it comes to wealth but alot of times it's just cringe worthy. Male privilege, white privilege, straight privilege, thin privilege, christian(or any religious group) privilege, education privilege, etc, etc. It seems like people nowadays are trying to find whatever victim angle they can find to excuse themselves or find some entitlement.

Shit like this is just dividing people and creating more animosity among people. It's like this is being done on purpose to control people more.

Stempel, HERB
07-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Stopped reading at "Black Lives Matter"

Nikkas, how are we gonna know if our Garnier Fructis are tear-free if you don't volunteer yourself for our labs' cages?