PDA

View Full Version : James Harden named MVP at Players Awards

SaltyMeatballs
07-21-2015, 10:49 PM
Player vote >>> media vote

Players actually know the feeling of going up against the other players. The media, on the other hand, has a bunch of biased, retarded fools.

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/37/64/42/8341677/5/960x540.jpg

SouBeachTalents
07-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Player vote >>> media vote

Players actually know the feeling of going up against the other players. The media, on the other hand, has a bunch of biased, retarded fools.

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/37/64/42/8341677/5/960x540.jpg

I'm sure there aren't any biased, retarded players

SugarHill
07-21-2015, 10:56 PM
How many votes did Curry get this time?

Milbuck
07-21-2015, 11:00 PM
I wonder how shitty he feels knowing that this past season was his one real shot at winning MVP and he f*cked up. Durant hurt, Lebron on a down year, Davis a year or two away....and STILL doesn't get it :yaohappy:

Smook A.
07-21-2015, 11:06 PM
I wonder how shitty he feels knowing that this past season was his one real shot at winning MVP and he f*cked up. Durant hurt, Lebron on a down year, Davis a year or two away....and STILL doesn't get it :yaohappy:
James did all he could. In the end, it all came down to wins. The Warriors won 11 more games than the Rockets and that was a huge reason why Curry won it over Harden. The Warriors had the better overall team. You know damn straight that the 2014-15 Rockets wouldn't have won 60+ with all the injuries to Dwight, Jones, and Beverley :lol

LoneyROY7
07-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Yo Steph...

TAKE THIS L. B*TCH.

SugarHill
07-21-2015, 11:26 PM
The fact that he was ever a strong candidate for an MVP should make him incredibly happy and proud. No one saw that coming. How many players can claim that? It's not like he was some super hyped player where it was a forgone conclusion and he was playing 3rd man to a strong team not too long ago. Now look at him. Best SG in the league, first team all-NBA. :applause:

WorldWarriors
07-21-2015, 11:27 PM
How many votes did Curry get this time? Apparently it came down to one vote.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-07-21/2015-nba-basketball-players-awards-live-blog-lebron-james-stephen-curry

FreezingTsmoove
07-21-2015, 11:31 PM
:lol

The funniest part is BM Curry is actually at the award show with Iggy Barnes and Festus :lol

WorldWarriors
07-21-2015, 11:36 PM
:lol

The funniest part is BM Curry is actually at the award show with Iggy Barnes and Festus :lol
Why wouldn't he be there? He was nominated for several. I think Andre may have been nominated as well.

Bandito
07-21-2015, 11:38 PM
Apparently it came down to one vote.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-07-21/2015-nba-basketball-players-awards-live-blog-lebron-james-stephen-curry
The just diss AI saying he dress like it 1997:lol

WorldWarriors
07-21-2015, 11:40 PM
The just diss AI saying he dress like it 1997:lol LOL The show was pretty funny.

FreezingTsmoove
07-21-2015, 11:43 PM
Why wouldn't he be there? He was nominated for several. I think Andre may have been nominated as well.

I just believe its funny he was there seeing another guy win the mvp, never questioned why he wouldnt be at a legit award show

WorldWarriors
07-21-2015, 11:48 PM
I just believe its funny he was there seeing another guy win the mvp, never questioned why he wouldnt be at a legit award show

All good.

Milbuck
07-21-2015, 11:52 PM
The fact that he was ever a strong candidate for an MVP should make him incredibly happy and proud. No one saw that coming. How many players can claim that? It's not like he was some super hyped player where it was a forgone conclusion and he was playing 3rd man to a strong team not too long ago. Now look at him. Best SG in the league, first team all-NBA. :applause:
Dude got the superstar equivalent of a participation award, let's be honest :yaohappy:

Anyways he was the 3rd pick, it's not like he was some late 1st rounder or 2nd round pick like Jimmy Butler. Dude was projected to be a Ginobili type player or even better, he's really just matching the expectations at his draft spot.

Prime_Shaq
07-21-2015, 11:58 PM
Couldn't go wrong with either Curry or Harden

SugarHill
07-22-2015, 12:33 AM
Dude got the superstar equivalent of a participation award, let's be honest :yaohappy:

Anyways he was the 3rd pick, it's not like he was some late 1st rounder or 2nd round pick like Jimmy Butler. Dude was projected to be a Ginobili type player or even better, he's really just matching the expectations at his draft spot.
expectations that are rarely met. How many 3rd picks in the last 20 years have been first team selections and second in MVP voting? Either way, he's special.

Also, let's not act like you or anyone expected him to do this.

WorldWarriors
07-22-2015, 12:35 AM
The just diss AI saying he dress like it 1997:lol That AI tribute was 100.

bobopenguin
07-22-2015, 01:10 AM
even trophy is black..

bdreason
07-22-2015, 03:24 AM
I'm a Warriors fan, and I thought Harden deserved MVP. The Rockets getting the 2 seed, in the Western Conference, with all the injuries they suffered throughout the season? Honestly, I wouldn't have cared if McHale won coach of the year. The Rockets accomplishments last season aren't given the respect they deserve because people don't like Harden or Dwight.

DJ Leon Smith
07-22-2015, 04:11 AM
DeAndre Jordan was also named Best Defender at the same awards. Doesn't do much for the whole "players are smarter than the media" argument.

NumberSix
07-22-2015, 04:18 AM
Keep it real. If he would have won the actual MVP, then they would have voted Steph for the players award.

SyRyanYang
07-22-2015, 05:15 AM
It came down to one vote and Curry won "Hardest to Guard" and "Clutch Performer" too.
Light skinned nigg@ keeps winning:rockon:

Akrazotile
07-22-2015, 05:54 AM
I have a feeling if Larry Bird and Dirk melded their DNA into a kid who came into the L and broke Wilt single season scoring record, the kid would have zero shot at winning the BET Players Association MVP Award :lol

Fudge
07-22-2015, 06:38 PM
What a fraud ****ing season for GSW* :yaohappy:

Curry gets a bogus MVP

GSW gets a bogus ring

****ing terrible season for the NBA.

noob cake
07-22-2015, 06:53 PM
What a fraud ****ing season for GSW* :yaohappy:

Curry gets a bogus MVP

GSW gets a bogus ring

****ing terrible season for the NBA.

Curry didn't even get FMVP.

He didn't lose to a hall of famer. He didn't lose to perhaps the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the league.

He lost it to Iguodala.

TheMarkMadsen
07-22-2015, 06:55 PM
TAKE THIS L. B*TCH.

why you gotta always bring up Cp3rd round virgin??

Fudge
07-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Curry didn't even get FMVP.

He didn't lose to a hall of famer. He didn't lose to perhaps the 2nd or 3rd best SG in the league.

He lost it to Iguodala.
:yaohappy: :yaohappy: :yaohappy:

TheCorporation
07-23-2015, 01:35 AM

I'm with you on the fake MVP, I mean, yeah it's nice to win something and all, but does it really "count." The truth of the matter is wins, and Golden State won 11 more games than Houston. Otherwise, if we didn't take wins into account then LBJ and Westbrook also have a case.

As for Harden and being a third pick and matching expectations, he has certainly exceeded expectations. Not by a long shot, but he has gone above what you'd expect from a #3 drafted player who was looking to camp out in OKC as a 6th man (if he wanted less money and more hardware).

And1AllDay
07-23-2015, 01:49 AM
Harden before and after winning MVP @ Players Award

Harden after winning----------Harden before winning

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/qdizzle32/james%20soften_zpsk92ttuch.jpg

ronnymac
07-23-2015, 02:36 AM
To think we got this beast only for Kevin Martin, Lamb and the 9th pick which turned out to be Adams will go down as one of the greatest lobsided trades in the last few decades.