PDA

View Full Version : Luis Montero: From obscure community college prospect to Portland Trail Blazers

Fowl
07-22-2015, 02:50 PM
http://imgick.oregonlive.com/home/olive-media/width620/img/blazers_impact/photo/18307989-mmmain.jpg

The 6-foot-7, 185-pound guard emerged from obscurity to earn a contract with an NBA team. His unconventional path took him from teenager in the Dominican Republic through community college to undrafted free agent closing in on an NBA roster spot.

Montero was born in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and was one of the top prospects in the country as a teenager. In 2011, at the age of 19, Montero moved from his home country to Wilbraham & Monson Academy, a prep school and basketball powerhouse located about 90 minutes outside of Boston.

"My coach from back home he had a connect with the head coach of South Florida University," Montero said. "So he bring me here to America to play high school and see what happens."

6'7, 7'1 Wing Span, Can play PG/SG/SF, has a fluid shot, above average athletic ability.

Maybe the Trail Blazers found a diamond in the rough?

BigNBAfan
07-22-2015, 03:08 PM
in b4 injury

wang4three
07-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Reminds me of Qyntel Woods. Hopefully he doesn't have a weed and animal abuse problem.