Iowa - cyclones

Prussia - Russia
Duetsches - hitler
France - surrender

Such a misunderstood opinion.

24-Inch_Chrome
07-22-2015, 08:18 PM
Such a misunderstood opinion.

Yup. I can remember reading somewhere that France actually has the highest winning percentage when it comes to major combat (I have ~65% in my head as the winning percentage but I'm not sure).

I still like making fun of France though.

outbreak
07-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Yup. I can remember reading somewhere that France actually has the highest winning percentage when it comes to major combat (I have ~65% in my head as the winning percentage but I'm not sure).

Yeah I like making fun of them, massive generalisation but they are one of those nations were the french people I've met and known all fit the stereotypes lol. They were known for warfare for a long time, the reason they couldn't hold in WW2 had more to do with how they did so much and lost so much in WW1 and hadn't recovered. Both of those wars should be looked at more as a single event instead of two separate wars as they are so interrelated which is happening with a lot of historians these days.

KingBeasley08
07-22-2015, 08:25 PM
Wyoming- who cares
Nebraska- Cornhuskers
Iowa- elections

Prussia- Bismark
DEUTSCHES REICH- Hitler
France- fries

These were the first things that came to mind when I read these

ISHGoat
07-22-2015, 08:33 PM

I actually saw a graphic a long time ago that documented French military results all the way to like the 1700s and let's just say their record would make jerry west look like MJ in the finals

Someone please feel free to correct/educate me.

knickballer
07-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Wyoming- Mountains and Cattle
Nebraska- Corn
Iowa- More Corn

Prussia- 18th Century Nation State
DEUTSCHES REICH- Ubermensch
France- Arrogant wine drinking mother****ers who think they are sophisticated but have a pretty cool culture

pastis
07-23-2015, 06:08 AM
Yeah I like making fun of them, massive generalisation but they are one of those nations were the french people I've met and known all fit the stereotypes lol. They were known for warfare for a long time, the reason they couldn't hold in WW2 had more to do with how they did so much and lost so much in WW1 and hadn't recovered. Both of those wars should be looked at more as a single event instead of two separate wars as they are so interrelated which is happening with a lot of historians these days.

what about the prussian-franco war 1870/71?

acutally the important french military victories are dating back to the 17th century, where france was a powefull kingodm, while germany didnt exist and was geographically divided into more than 1000 principalities, kingodms etc. same goes for what is today italy. so the only real enemies at that time were spain and England.
tough its true that the holy roman empire was sort of a coalition of german principalities against enemies form outside the frontier of the HRE, France lost nearly every war against them. Furthermore this coalition called the HRE was only loosy interconnected and full of betrayal amon thoise little principalities
the only time they won was the so called "BRandschatzung der Pfalz" as France occupied west territories of the HRE while the HRE was completly doomed by the 30 year war between the protestant and catholic principalities in germany. so france sneaked their victoriy.

regarding the napoleonic wars. Prussia struggled heavily at the time due to interior economical and political problems. no real army at the time to defend.
tough the victories against the austrians and russians were very impressive.
but after the napoleonic-time came the downfall of the french army at its finest.

lost the franco prussian war 1870/71

nearly lost WW1 while Germany fought on all fronts at the same time against France, ENgland, USA, RUssia (while beating RUssia in 1917/1918)

lost in 1940, occupied for over 4 years while germany fought on al front at the same time against usa,england, russia

Hawker
07-23-2015, 06:11 AM
Wyoming-**** all...weirdos
Nebraska-cornhuskers
Iowa-corn

Prussia-hot women
DEUTSCHES REICH-dirk
France-*******