PDA

View Full Version : Lakers introduce free agent signings

bluechox2
07-22-2015, 07:48 PM
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/2015/07/lakers-respond-with-silence-when-asked-about-kobe-bryant/

:biggums:

KendrickPerkins
07-22-2015, 07:50 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cocaine80s
:roll: :roll: :roll:

oh the horror
Already off to a good start :oldlol:

outbreak
I don't know why Kobe doesn't just retire. He'd go down as one of the great players but continuing his career at this point on bad Lakers teams just tarnishes his career and puts him in the category of players who held on too long. He isn't the kind of guy who takes a back seat and mentor role, maybe that attitude and mind set is what made him so good but at the same time it hurts him now.

brownmamba00
07-22-2015, 07:51 PM

Droid101
07-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Kobe ain't got time for this shit. Alpha.

nba_55
07-22-2015, 07:55 PM
LOL

Nash
07-22-2015, 07:57 PM
I don't know why Kobe doesn't just retire. He'd go down as one of the great players but continuing his career at this point on bad Lakers teams just tarnishes his career and puts him in the category of players who held on too long. He isn't the kind of guy who takes a back seat and mentor role, maybe that attitude and mind set is what made him so good but at the same time it hurts him now.
he needs to build on that missed FG record of his.

DavisWarriorsFan
07-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Why would it do that? I didn't tarnish Jordan's career when he came back at age 39. Karl Malone's career didn't tarnish when he played until 40 when his Jazz team sucked.

outbreak
07-22-2015, 08:19 PM
Why would it do that? I didn't tarnish Jordan's career when he came back at age 39. Karl Malone's career didn't tarnish when he played until 40 when his Jazz team sucked.
those guys didn't have the media constantly talking about how no one wants to play with them and how much of an ass they are. May be all made up but the media is pushing that agenda hard these days

TheMarkMadsen
07-22-2015, 08:21 PM
he needs to build on that missed FG record of his.

Why.. Lebron already broke it in the finals..

Smoke117
07-22-2015, 08:25 PM

...Uh...the Jazz never "sucked" while Malone was there. They were winning 50+ games till the last two years he was there and they won 44 and 47 games and made the playoffs those last two years...so yeah.

DavisWarriorsFan
07-22-2015, 08:27 PM
those guys didn't have the media constantly talking about how no one wants to play with them and how much of an ass they are. May be all made up but the media is pushing that agenda hard these days
Jordan is a asshole. Nobody wanted to play with him. Karl Malone is a dirty player. Nobody wanted to play with him.

outbreak
07-22-2015, 08:29 PM
Jordan is a asshole. Nobody wanted to play with him. Karl Malone is a dirty player. Nobody wanted to play with him.

Maybe so but the media didn't go after them and it was a different era with how the media spread.

Lone Laker
07-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Maybe Kobe thinks he isn't a part of L.A.'s youth movement, and thinks there might be a trade, Hard to get chummy with strangers you'll never really get to know.

TheMarkMadsen
07-22-2015, 08:32 PM

the media for whatever reason is determined to throw as much dirt on Kobe as humanely possible at this point and time..

Kobe gets shit for the Lakers not being able to sign whoever rejects them..

meanwhile Dwight Howard's best friend just left him to go join a conference rival, the media could easily push that as another player not getting along with Dwight and combine that with the drama he had with SVG in Orlando to label him as a "team cancer" yet they haven't

the double standard is crazy

DavisWarriorsFan
07-22-2015, 08:33 PM
...Uh...the Jazz never "sucked" while Malone was there. They were winning 50+ games till the last two years he was there and they won 44 and 47 games and made the playoffs those last two years...so yeah.
Making the playoffs with under 50 wins don't matter. They still sucked. Just like Kobe's teams in '06, '07, '13.

MP.Trey
07-22-2015, 08:34 PM
Why.. Lebron already broke it in the finals..
LeBron's 2015 Finals - 40% FG

Kobe's average in 7 Finals - 41% FG

Fudge
07-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Shittiest ****ing teammate for a "star" EVER.

Dude has problems. Why's he so anti-social? No wonder he doesn't have any friends.

FlashDwyaneWade3
07-22-2015, 08:37 PM

Dude has problems. Why's he so anti-social? No wonder he doesn't have any friends.
I don't know about shittiest teammate ever when there's Jordan's teammates wanted to break his legs. That's saying something.

TheMarkMadsen
07-22-2015, 08:38 PM

Dirk 2011 = 41%

FG% without context means nothing

most missed field goals in NBA finals series history = 2015 Lebron james

:applause: :applause:

Smook A.
07-22-2015, 08:38 PM
oh my god :roll:

T_L_P
07-22-2015, 08:40 PM
Kobe is done.

MP.Trey
07-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Dirk 2011 = 41%

Bricks for one series or bricks for an entire career, which one would you rather?

We could go all day with this game.

TMacYaoRockets
07-22-2015, 08:41 PM

Kobe's friends are T-Mac, Michael Jordan, Kevin Garnett, Carmelo, Dwyane Wade.

TMacYaoRockets
07-22-2015, 08:42 PM
Bricks for one series or bricks for an entire career, which one would you rather?

None of Kobe's teammates can shoot like LeBron's teammates can that's for sure. Except for a couple teammates. That's why Kobe take shoots the ball.

TheMarkMadsen
07-22-2015, 08:45 PM

it's about winning... I know that is a foreign concept in Cleveland but just try to stay with me here..

lebron had some pretty FG% in the 2014 finals, but nobody watching both series would dare say it was better than his 2015 finals..

watch the games, not the box score

at the end of the day lebron has lost b2b FMVP's to the guy guarding him.. how many other ATG can make that embarrassing claim??

Fudge
07-22-2015, 08:45 PM
Nobody wants to play with the weird, anti-social rapist. :lol

TMacYaoRockets
07-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Nobody wants to play with weird, anti-social rapist. :lol
Kobe is anti-social and doesn't go to parties.

http://thekevinburkeproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/londonpic1.jpg

Smoke117
07-22-2015, 08:51 PM
Making the playoffs with under 50 wins don't matter. They still sucked. Just like Kobe's teams in '06, '07, '13.

Do you even know what you are saying? You are saying Malone didn't phase his legacy doing what have you while at the end of his career...and comparing it to a Kobe in his prime in 06, 07? LOL. I never realized that Kobe's situations in 06, 07 were the same as 38yr+ Karl Malone...thanks for setting me straight. :lol

MP.Trey
07-22-2015, 08:52 PM
it's about winning... I know that is a foreign concept in Cleveland but just try to stay with me here..

lebron had some pretty FG% in the 2014 finals, but nobody watching both series would dare say it was better than his 2015 finals..

watch the games, not the box score

at the end of the day lebron has lost b2b FMVP's to the guy guarding him.. how many other ATG can make that embarrassing claim??
Shits on LeBron for missing shots in 2015 Finals.

Says FG% doesn't matter.

Keep backpedaling though. Let's see how many times you can twist your own opinions to fit your agenda. Kobe > LeBron at this point but at least be rational.

TheMarkMadsen
07-22-2015, 09:05 PM
Shits on LeBron for missing shots in 2015 Finals.

Says FG% doesn't matter.

Keep backpedaling though. Let's see how many times you can twist your own opinions to fit your agenda. Kobe > LeBron at this point but at least be rational.

now you're just lying..

you brought up FG% not me

All I said was FG% needs context or it means nothing.. because if you just go off FG% with no context then Tyson/DJ>>>>

and I used Dirk's 2011 FG% (which would normally be considered bad) as an example of when you can't just look at the stat sheet..

Brokenbeat
07-22-2015, 09:15 PM
Holy shiiiiiit, that was awkward. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rose'sACL
07-22-2015, 09:19 PM
now you're just lying..

you brought up FG% not me

All I said was FG% needs context or it means nothing.. because if you just go off FG% with no context then Tyson/DJ>>>>

and I used Dirk's 2011 FG% (which would normally be considered bad) as an example of when you can't just look at the stat sheet..
lebron had way better stats in 2015 finals than kobe in 2010 finals.

HOoopCityJones
07-22-2015, 09:26 PM
You have to earn Kobe's respect and friendship, he's not gonna just suck your dick because you're his Teammate now.

He's probably never interacted with any of these guys off the court anyway.

FlashDwyaneWade3
07-22-2015, 09:32 PM
LeBron doesn't call new teammates.

Hey Yo
07-22-2015, 09:51 PM

LeBron, in his 5th straight Finals (12th season) with below avg. teammates..... shoots 40% with nearly a trip-dub in the series.

Kobe (7 career Finals) averages 41% against the so-called "Least"

:coleman:

atljonesbro
07-22-2015, 09:59 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

WorldWarriors
07-22-2015, 10:05 PM
LOL why would that reporter assume Kobe has talked to these guys? That was so awkward for all involved.

RRR3
07-22-2015, 10:08 PM
Dirk 2011 = 41%

Why do you feel the need to bring up LeBron whenever you feel Kobe is being slighted?

Kvnzhangyay
07-22-2015, 10:16 PM
the media for whatever reason is determined to throw as much dirt on Kobe as humanely possible at this point and time..

Kobe gets shit for the Lakers not being able to sign whoever rejects them..

meanwhile Dwight Howard's best friend just left him to go join a conference rival, the media could easily push that as another player not getting along with Dwight and combine that with the drama he had with SVG in Orlando to label him as a "team cancer" yet they haven't

the double standard is crazy

This. Somehow the media has not like Kobe AT ALL, recently. However, Jordan was coddled by the media and propped up by it, especially when he started winning

KG215
07-22-2015, 10:22 PM
Dirk 2011 = 41%

Not that either means jack shit, but how is that better (or worse?) than "most missed career field goals in NBA history"?

Cocaine80s
07-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Not that either means jack shit, but how is this better than "most missed career field goals in NBA history"?
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2906986/kg-2000-dunk-contest-reaction-o.gif

J Shuttlesworth
07-22-2015, 10:41 PM
Lol typical ISH. That's a hilarious reaction and peeps trying to turn it into a lebron v kobe thread

raprap
07-22-2015, 11:01 PM
:lol awkward

Beastmode88
07-22-2015, 11:04 PM
LMAO Kobe still thinks he's on top of the food chain. :lol :lol :lol

boldarblood
07-22-2015, 11:04 PM
People today are much more sensitive little b!tches than ever before. Today people are so entitled to everything, and it reflects attitude and behavior

The modern day athlete is a prima donna. If Kobe had played in a different era he would not be nearly as polarized. Also with today's era of social media and worthless news and sports reporting you just build on this prima donna entitled people (both athletes, everyday people, etc.)

At this point, Kobe should retire. He has nothing left to prove, he has literally done it all. I love Kobe, I am a hard core Lakers fan for last 35 years (Clippers being my 2nd team, as I grew up in San Diego). Kobe needs to think of his future, no sense in being a long term cripple. These injuries can add up over time.

But Kobe has an insatiable competitive spirit and drive. I understand why he is trying. It's not about the money. It's about proving it to himself.

longtime lurker
07-22-2015, 11:21 PM

You ever think that all this crap that nobody wants to play with Kobe is just media generated bullsh!t to drive clicks? 20 years from now nobody is going to give a shit about whether or not Kobe called his new teammates. I'm sure there are tons of similar occurrences with players throughout the league.

HylianNightmare
07-22-2015, 11:31 PM
:lol

Harison
07-22-2015, 11:54 PM
Hilarious players response :roll: :roll:

KingLeBronJames
07-23-2015, 01:08 AM
He is.

Springsteen
07-23-2015, 01:10 AM
I understand why he is trying. It's not about the money. It's about proving it to himself.

That fat contract sure proved it's not about the money.

KembaWalker
07-23-2015, 01:28 AM

He's on top of most ISH member's minds that's for sure

Kobe 2 busy in the gym for these busters, get em KOBE! :pimp:

outbreak
07-23-2015, 01:34 AM
He's on top of most ISH member's minds that's for sure

Kobe 2 busy in the gym for these busters, get em KOBE! :pimp:

Isn't he in europe watching football or something? wasn't there a story about him spending time watching soccer during his break

KembaWalker
07-23-2015, 01:36 AM
Isn't he in europe watching football or something? wasn't there a story about him spending time watching soccer during his break

lmfao yeah I think so, Kobe gonna blame it on phone service or something

rmt
07-23-2015, 01:44 AM
LOL why would that reporter assume Kobe has talked to these guys? That was so awkward for all involved.

Don't you think a franchise player would at least welcome new members to the team? Like, "Welcome to the Lakers - nice to have you on board" or something? Anything? That's a perfectly legit question for a reporter to ask. The (non) answer was hilarious! :roll:

In this era of texting, tweeting, social media - no contact is rude.

Mr Feeny
07-23-2015, 01:44 AM
The team cancer strikes again:oldlol:

R.I.P.
07-23-2015, 07:12 AM
Kobe is half way around the globe promoting his brand and enjoying a nice vacation. You really think he needs to give Lou ****ing Williams a call. :oldlol:

Dirk interrupted his family vacation for free agency and now he

StephHamann
07-23-2015, 07:22 AM
http://uproxx.com/dimemag/2015/07/lakers-respond-with-silence-when-asked-about-kobe-bryant/

http://www.punchdrunksports.com/n4s-content/uploads/2014/12/Kobe-Bryant.jpg

unknowns8
07-23-2015, 08:38 AM

theres too much money to be made by the league, the franchise and the Bryant estate whilst he is playing NBA basketball so the answer to your question is money. Lots and lots of money. Like millions of the stuff.

Bernkastel
07-23-2015, 10:05 AM
The highlight to the Laker season. That shit was gold. :roll:

West-Side
07-23-2015, 11:05 AM
The Team Cancer, after they stopped playing with this cancer:

- Where's Waldo? I Mean Walton?
- Odom turned into a crack head
- Bynum?
- Smush playing in Europe now?
- Pau? 0-16 before Kobe.
- Vladimir, Kwame - haven't heard much from them.

It's funny how the man was able to make it to 3 NBA finals. Yet when Lamar was initially traded, he got heavily depressed and felt like LA turned their back on him. Yet, why wasn't he happy that he left LA? That means he left Kobe as a teammate, right?

Why does Pau have so much admiration for Kobe? He's an all-star big.
One of the dumbest things I have ever heard is anyone calling Kobe a "cancer".

Every one of those players had their best years playing alongside Kobe; that is an irrefutable fact, go do some research.

oh the horror
07-23-2015, 11:55 AM
One thing I will say is...why is it important if Kobe reached out? This seems like the media doing their usual antics of trying to produce drama for a story. It's high school questions like that which make for "news".

G0ATbe
07-23-2015, 11:57 AM
NoNewFriendsbe:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Mr Feeny
07-23-2015, 02:36 PM
One thing I will say is...why is it important if Kobe reached out? This seems like the media doing their usual antics of trying to produce drama for a story. It's high school questions like that which make for "news".

Team chemistry? Is this a good start, in your opinion? They all ALREADY seem to dislike him.

This cancer has already pushed Shaq, Phil, Malone, Pau and Dwight out and alienated most of his teammates from his playing days. Cowherd nailed it this week. He's the most egotistical self absorbed cancer in basketball. He WAS a great player. Now he's the over the hill washed up actor who is still spilling coffee on others and yelling at them. Nobody is willing to take that garbage from him now that he's no longer the same player.

You wonder how many brains this guy has at time with the dumb stuff he does and says. My best friend is a life-long Lakers fan who moved here from Los Angeles in 89. He literally cannot watch the Lakers anymore because of Kobe's presence. We're watching a player comoletely TURN OFF perinial fans at this point. It's insane.

MEB2kDeez
07-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Team chemistry? Is this a good start, in your opinion? They all ALREADY seem to dislike him.
They have time before the season starts to get acquainted.

It's only July

Levity
07-23-2015, 02:45 PM

thats what training camp is for. did mr feeny call all his students during the summer to tell them what a great year they have to look forward to?

Doranku
07-23-2015, 03:06 PM

Yeah just like Jordan tarnished his career with the Wizards, Shaq with the Suns/Cavs/Celtics, Hakeem with the Raptors, Malone with the Lakers, etc. :hammerhead:

Nobody gives a shit what all-time greats do in the twilights of their career when they're broken down. A guy like Kobe has spent over half of his entire LIFE in the NBA. His life is basketball. I'm sure it's incredibly hard to walk away from the game when you've dedicated your entire life to it.

ArbitraryWater
07-23-2015, 03:09 PM
The cancer is becoming more evident.. the diagnose is in.

TheMarkMadsen
07-23-2015, 03:35 PM

Bass did say of joining the Lakers that it gave him "a fresh start. I just thought it was a great opportunity to play with one of the greatest to ever play the game [Kobe Bryant]."

[QUOTE]

WorldWarriors
07-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Don't you think a franchise player would at least welcome new members to the team? Like, "Welcome to the Lakers - nice to have you on board" or something? Anything? That's a perfectly legit question for a reporter to ask. The (non) answer was hilarious! :roll:

In this era of texting, tweeting, social media - no contact is rude. Um I don't know. We're talking about Kobe here. It's a well known fact that he doesn't exhibit those social skills. My problem is the first question "what did he say?" I mean it would seem to me that the first question would be have you talked to him? LOL but then again it wouldn't have resulted in this hilarious video.

tpols
07-23-2015, 03:57 PM
They look like they just got asked about the big bad wolf.. amazing the OG clout kobe carries, having guys legitimately scared to talk about him on cam3ra.. like the boogeyman

rmt
07-23-2015, 04:05 PM
They look like they just got asked about the big bad wolf.. amazing the OG clout kobe carries, having guys legitimately scared to talk about him on cam3ra.. like the boogeyman

What would you prefer them to do? Answer truthfully and say, "No, Kobe hasn't reached out to me." That's worse than the silence and doesn't get them off on the wrong foot. What they did is the PC thing to do - they didn't DELIBERATELY put Kobe in a bad light and didn't get on his bad side (don't think he can blame them for not saying anything).

What's OG?

Mr Feeny
07-23-2015, 04:05 PM
The cancer is becoming more evident.. the diagnose is in.

Pretty much. How many more players can this guy alienate now? He's a joke. End of. The biggest cancer in league history.

Mr Feeny
07-23-2015, 04:08 PM
They have time before the season starts to get acquainted.

It's only JulyFair enough.

ImKobe
07-23-2015, 04:25 PM
They are just exhibiting their role on offense while Kobe's out there going 1 v 5 :kobe:

Levity
07-23-2015, 06:13 PM
What would you prefer them to do? Answer truthfully and say, "No, Kobe hasn't reached out to me." That's worse than the silence and doesn't get them off on the wrong foot. What they did is the PC thing to do - they didn't DELIBERATELY put Kobe in a bad light and didn't get on his bad side (don't think he can blame them for not saying anything).

What's OG?

haha that wasnt the PC thing to do. It was an odd and unexpected question, and their reactions proved they were all caught off guard.

outbreak
07-23-2015, 06:17 PM

What's OG?

One of them could have just said "Nah we've been busy and I haven't had a chance to catch up with him yet"

tpols
07-23-2015, 06:19 PM

What's OG?

Eh, the pc thing to do is just say we haven't been in contact yet, I'm sure kobes been busy being the offseason and all.. play it off.. not look around scared and in awkwardness like the dude might pop out from behind the curtain while they're mid answer:roll:

ArbitraryWater
07-23-2015, 06:21 PM
I interpreted that as 'yes, we talked and he's an asshole' :oldlol:

Hey Yo
07-23-2015, 06:25 PM
Maybe none of them heard of Kobe before? Don't know who he is?

r0drig0lac
07-23-2015, 06:50 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kobe-youre-welcome.gif

Mr Feeny
07-24-2015, 01:22 AM
Maybe none of them heard of Kobe before? Don't know who he is?

:oldlol:

9erempiree
07-24-2015, 01:50 AM
Hibbert is a bum anyways. To be honest these guys don't deserve to be Lakers.

GimmeThat
07-24-2015, 02:15 AM
all I can say,

is that I can hit a golf ball close to the average distance without a taylor made golf club.

but I am also terrible at golf

CarlosBoozer
07-24-2015, 09:01 AM
You guys are f*cking retards
1) Why would Kobe talk to a f*cking trash can?
2) Lou is a dumb name
3) Brandon bass? More like Brandumb ass

*end rant*

HOoopCityJones
07-24-2015, 11:57 AM
rmt you're so full of shit , you talking all this nonsense about chemistry, yet it's well known Tim Duncan didn't talk to Parker for like an entire year when he first join the Spurs. Yet, he's the paradigm of what being a Teammate should look like. Hold this L.

sammichoffate
07-24-2015, 02:18 PM
rmt you're so full of shit , you talking all this nonsense about chemistry, yet it's well known Tim Duncan didn't talk to Parker for like an entire year when he first join the Spurs. Yet, he's the paradigm of what being a Teammate should look like. Hold this L.https://animetree.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/lakers.gif