PDA

View Full Version : OCD trigger thread. Anyone have OCD here?

CavaliersFTW
07-22-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't think I have it as this type of thing doesn't really bother me, in fact I love random, or imperfect examples of things it feels more like the natural state of things. Do things like this actually bother anyone?

http://madonnakash.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1901685_10201403598233375_343607707_n.jpg

http://content.randomenthusiasm.com/b6oGN9oCJ.png

http://buzzlamp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ocd-1.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fc/21/8e/fc218ed8a857605bbac4d5ad430fc98c.jpg

http://cdn4.greatbeyond.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/uneven-photos-001.jpg

outbreak
07-22-2015, 09:30 PM
I hate when people talk about OCD because usually they just sound ignorant and belittle a serious condition. I had a family member who suffered from medical diagnosed OCD and it's not a condition to joke about. She washed her hands so much they were a bleeding mess and would turn lights on and off a bunch of times.

CavaliersFTW
07-22-2015, 09:34 PM
I hate when people talk about OCD because usually they just sound ignorant and belittle a serious condition. I had a family member who suffered from medical diagnosed OCD and it's not a condition to joke about. She washed her hands so much they were a bleeding mess and would turn lights on and off a bunch of times.
I was only speaking of it like how I've heard it used by people in casual conversation. Most people say it in passing that things like what I posted above drives them nuts due to "OCD". If that's offensive or disrespectful, it was unintentional.

KendrickPerkins
07-22-2015, 09:36 PM
I actually had this to a lesser degree when I was 10 or so.

Frequently washed my hands and smelled them repeatedly. They would become red and scabbed.

I did the same thing with lights. On/off, on/off, on/off, on/off (designated amount of times) for me, everything revolved around the number 4. (my basketball number)

So i'd smell my hands in a set of 4. Turn the lights on and off for a cycle of 4, etc.

But I had general control over it. I only did that shit in the comfort of my own home. Everywhere else I was normal.

You mean to say I survived a serious condition with little to no struggles? :banana:

Alpha.

RRR3
07-22-2015, 09:44 PM
OCD involves so much more than the types that have become most associated with it in popular culture (hand washing, checking things repeatedly).

Source: myself since I have dealt with OCD most of my life.

Chief Keef
07-22-2015, 09:46 PM
I too am a victim of OCD

KendrickPerkins
07-22-2015, 09:47 PM
OCD involves so much more than the types that have become most associated with it in popular culture (hand washing, checking things repeatedly).

Source: myself since I have dealt with OCD most of my life.
So what is real OCD like?

RRR3
07-22-2015, 09:49 PM
Honestly I don't want to talk in depth about my OCD on ISH.

OCD can often involve the things I mentioned, but I think the thoughts patterns and the self-hatred and questioning of whether or not one is insane and/or evil are far more insidious.

OCD is different for each individual. Obviously there will be similarities and OCD sufferers can, in my experience usually empathize with one another, but it's hard to really say exactly what OCD is as a whole. For me at least. I can say what it's like for me.

Cactus-Sack
07-22-2015, 09:51 PM

Pretty much this.

KendrickPerkins
07-22-2015, 09:52 PM

OCD can often involve the things I mentioned, but I think the thoughts patterns and the self-hatred and questioning of whether or not one is insane and/or evil are far more insidious.
:biggums:

Dang man, that's unfortunate.

Hope you're doing better with time.

SugarHill
07-22-2015, 09:53 PM

OCD is different for each individual. Obviously there will be similarities and OCD sufferers can, in my experience usually empathize with one another, but it's hard to really say exactly what OCD is as a whole. For me at least. I can say what it's like for me.
sounds like skizzo

RRR3
07-22-2015, 09:55 PM
sounds like skizzo
Ignorance like this is why I am choosing not to go into detail about OCD. :rolleyes:

T_L_P
07-22-2015, 09:56 PM
I used to have it pretty bad - not like RRR3 though (sorry to hear that).

Whenever I'd see a sharp right angle (tables, shelves, sometimes even a bent elbow), I'd got into a frantic state and it felt like my eyes were hurting. Headaches too.

Thankfully it went away when I hit puberty. It was awful.

RRR3
07-22-2015, 09:57 PM
:biggums:

Dang man, that's unfortunate.

Hope you're doing better with time.
Thanks man I am doing much better than in the past but i still have a lot of shit to do. returning to college should be fun hopefully

Millslapped
07-22-2015, 09:59 PM
sounds like skizzo
What's this shitpost?

SugarHill
07-22-2015, 10:01 PM
Ignorance like this is why I am choosing not to go into detail about OCD. :rolleyes:
are you sure you don't have ODB?

ArbitraryWater
07-22-2015, 10:02 PM
It used to be alot worse than now... but Im not sure it could be classified OCD.

But some stuff was very annoying... I felt I had to say like 3 lines before going to bed every day, they had to be in a specific order for them to make sense...

but none of the stuff in the OP bothers me :confusedshrug: and by now its really just small shit, I think I said this to Milbuck once... like, for instance, the NBA playoff threads, I'd love for everyone of those threads to be done in the same manner, a pattern... like conference first, then round, then teams, etc. and the "vs" needs to be "v.s." so its grammatically correct and what not.. but again, if this isn't the case, I won't kill myself for it... but I do put emphasis on it. In all my files/documents.

But this is small shit... it used to be crazy. I had one word, but there were other words with the same meaning so I HAD to mention them too with the "/"... and the text just looked silly.

KendrickPerkins
07-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Thanks man I am doing much better than in the past but i still have a lot of shit to do. returning to college should be fun hopefully
Nice mang!

There's still plenty of time left for you, don't worry about that.

moe didn't start school till mid 20's... not because of OCD, but because of another disease called laziness.

I'll respect a guy a lot more who struggled a bit in life because of an illness than someone who struggled because he didn't want to get off the couch.

Bro, school is going to be fantastic for you. You're a good looking guy. Very cute features.

Promise me though you don't turn out like moe94 posting on here all day instead of socializing with girls from class. Please promise me that?

Millslapped
07-22-2015, 10:04 PM
reddit.com/r/shittymoeposts

Cactus-Sack
07-22-2015, 10:13 PM
Fvcking moe... smh

RRR3
07-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Nice mang!

There's still plenty of time left for you, don't worry about that.

moe didn't start school till mid 20's... not because of OCD, but because of another disease called laziness.

I'll respect a guy a lot more who struggled a bit in life because of an illness than someone who struggled because he didn't want to get off the couch.

Bro, school is going to be fantastic for you. You're a good looking guy. Very cute features.

Promise me though you don't turn out like moe94 posting on here all day instead of socializing with girls from class. Please promise me that?
Lol thanks dude. I plan to talk to girls until I meet a cool one who will put up with my shit :lol
First time on college I didn't ask out a few girls (one of whom is still my friend) out because I was hung up on some dumb whore. It'll be nice to have fun again but I do plan to still hang out on here and talk about zero votes curry :D (apologies to orabus and inferno)

RRR3
07-22-2015, 10:18 PM
It used to be alot worse than now... but Im not sure it could be classified OCD.

But some stuff was very annoying... I felt I had to say like 3 lines before going to bed every day, they had to be in a specific order for them to make sense...

but none of the stuff in the OP bothers me :confusedshrug: and by now its really just small shit, I think I said this to Milbuck once... like, for instance, the NBA playoff threads, I'd love for everyone of those threads to be done in the same manner, a pattern... like conference first, then round, then teams, etc. and the "vs" needs to be "v.s." so its grammatically correct and what not.. but again, if this isn't the case, I won't kill myself for it... but I do put emphasis on it. In all my files/documents.

But this is small shit... it used to be crazy. I had one word, but there were other words with the same meaning so I HAD to mention them too with the "/"... and the text just looked silly.
That sounds like OCD. You may or may not get diagnosed as having it but you certainly have had symptoms at some point. If it starts takin over your life, then you need to talk about it with people you trust.

RRR3
07-22-2015, 10:19 PM
No but I like ODB a lot. He is unique to say the least.

outbreak
07-22-2015, 10:24 PM

It's more about having an obsessions where a lot of the time the people know they have an obsession but can't avoid doing it. It's not just "I like to be neat". The person I knew's house was a mess, clothes on the floors, would leave food and rubbish out but would compulsively was her hands/turn on off lights and some other things. Didn't want to but mind tells them to do it.

It just kind of bothers me how the media and tv and everything is fine belittling and spread bs about a condition that can be quite debilitating. Guess it comes and goes like how it used to be ok for shows to make fun of mentally handicapped people or transexuals where as you couldn't do that today.

ArbitraryWater
07-22-2015, 10:30 PM
It's more about having an obsessions where a lot of the time the people know they have an obsession but can't avoid doing it. It's not just "I like to be neat". The person I knew's house was a mess, clothes on the floors, would leave food and rubbish out but would compulsively was her hands/turn on off lights and some other things. Didn't want to but mind tells them to do it.

It just kind of bothers me how the media and tv and everything is fine belittling and spread bs about a condition that can be quite debilitating. Guess it comes and goes like how it used to be ok for shows to make fun of mentally handicapped people or transexuals where as you couldn't do that today.

first paragraph very on point.. dont know enough about the second.

outbreak
07-22-2015, 10:39 PM
first paragraph very on point.. dont know enough about the second.
You see it all the time though where a character is OCD because they like to clean and it's a joke