PDA

View Full Version : How many eastern conference teams would make the playoffs if there was only 1 confere

JohnnySic
07-24-2015, 08:15 AM
Only Cleveland? Miami maybe? :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

BlakFrankWhite
07-24-2015, 08:16 AM
Cleveland
Miami
Bulls (maybe)

That's it

superteamtheory
07-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Cleveland
Miami
Bulls (maybe)

That's it

Atlanta might sneak in... and then the #1 seeded Spurs would destroy them / their old assistant coach who stole their winning formula but that doesn't work nearly the same when you don't have talent... b/c talent > strategies most the time...

noob cake
07-24-2015, 09:22 AM
With a more difficult schedule for Eastern conference schedule (and a easier schedule for Western conference teams), only Cleveland and one of Heat/Bulls/Hawks would make the playoffs in the West.

Portland is dropping out. NOH will likely drop out. OKC will get in the playoffs + two Eastern Conference teams.

BigTicket
07-24-2015, 10:08 AM
2-3 teams would make it.

Cle, GS, SA, OKC, LAC and Hou would be locks to make the top 8 (if healthy)

That would leave Mia, Mem, Chi and Atl to fight for the last 2 spots.

kshutts1
07-24-2015, 10:25 AM
Still looking at a 16 team playoff?

Anyone saying less than 5 is stupid. There are only 15 teams in the Western Conference, so a MINIMUM of 1 EC team has to make it.

Then an EC team just has to be better than...
Lakers
Portland
Denver
... those are easily done. So now we have 4 total EC teams.

Then Phoenix, Dallas, Pels, Wolves, Jazz, Kings are all up-and-coming teams, but not necessarily teams that would be all that hard to be better than.

So again, assuming 16 team format, obvious "ins" (barring injury) from the West are...
OKC, Spurs, Houston, GSW, Grizz, Clips.

From the East, I'd say...
Cavs, Heat, Bulls, Wiz, Hawks

...that's only 11 teams. We still have 5 more to add.
Pels, Suns, Bucks, Pacers, Mavs.

So I count 7 EC and 9 WC?

hawksdogsbraves
07-24-2015, 10:55 AM
We went 22-8 against the almighty west last season, I think we could sneak into the playoffs :coleman: