PDA

View Full Version : Starting a franchise: Steph Curry or Blake Griffin?

ekosky
07-24-2015, 12:57 PM
http://i2.wp.com/www.tubpodcast.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/griffin-blake-curry-stephen.jpg

Curry: 27 years old
Griffin: 26 years old

Best Seasons:

Curry - 2015: 24 ppg, 8 apg, 4 rpg / 49% FG -44% 3PT - 91% FT
Griffin - 2014: 24 ppg, 10 rpg, 4 apg / 53% FG - 72% FT

Race:

Curry: White/Black
Griffin: White/Black

Height/Weight:

Curry: 6'3", 185 lbs
Griffin: 6'10", 251 lbs

Who do you losers got?

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Curry, no question.

LoneyROY7
07-24-2015, 12:58 PM
Give me the high-jumping red-head.

Achilleas
07-24-2015, 12:59 PM
i prefer curry, griffin is soft for a big guy

sundizz
07-24-2015, 01:01 PM
Curry's best season was last year:

RS:
23.8 ppg, 7.7 apg, 4.3 rpg, 2.0 spg on 49%, 44%, 91%

Playoffs:
28.3 ppg, 6.4 apg, 5.0 rpg, 1.9 spg on 46%, 42%, 84%

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Curry's playoff run this year was definitely better than anything Blake has ever done in the postseason.

Also, how many ****ing alts does the OP have? Jesus.

Fire Colangelo
07-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Give me Griffin. Someone that's an all star that puts asses in seats from day one? Ain't gonna pass on that.

Dbrog
07-24-2015, 01:08 PM
Curry's playoff run this year was definitely better than anything Blake has ever done in the postseason.

Would we say that? Blakes playoff run this year was insane as shit. Trip dubs everywhere. Much better than Curry IMO.

Also Curry more injury-prone, although Blake isn't great himself. I feel like Curry affects the game more though with the tempo he creates.

ekosky
07-24-2015, 01:09 PM

Griffin in this years playoffs >>>>>>

And just 3. All banned for no specific reason. ISH system is wack.

Legends66NBA7
07-24-2015, 01:17 PM
Would we say that? Blakes playoff run this year was insane as shit. Trip dubs everywhere. Much better than Curry IMO.

Also Curry more injury-prone, although Blake isn't great himself. I feel like Curry affects the game more though with the tempo he creates.

Are we counting Blake missing the whole 09/10 season with his leg injury ? I wouldn't say Curry is more injury prone if that's the case.

Along with Harden, Curry and Griffin are on the same tier as players but I would just pick Curry now because of the more success he's had. There would be no way Harden or Curry going first in 09 because Griffin was already a much star and he's been perinnel All-Star/All-NBA player for 4 years now, but I can see Curry having the longer Curry because nothis off ball game and doesn't rely on athleticism as much as Blake does.

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 01:21 PM

Not really. Curry has been very durable outside of the lockout season.

26 (lockout year)

Dbrog
07-24-2015, 01:24 PM
Are we counting Blake missing the whole 09/10 season with his leg injury ? I wouldn't say Curry is more injury prone if that's the case.

Along with Harden, Curry and Griffin are on the same tier as players but I would just pick Curry now because of the more success he's had. There would be no way Harden or Curry going first in 09 because Griffin was already a much star and he's been perinnel All-Star/All-NBA player for 4 years now, but I can see Curry having the longer Curry because nothis off ball game and doesn't rely on athleticism as much as Blake does.

Hmmm...i suppose if you did include that season i would agree about griff. Also keep in mind that Curry may not miss games, but many times he's been hobbled by his ankle. Completely agree on the tier list you put though. I feel like all of them have decision-making issues too which keeps them from being elite. Curry does dumb ass layups or flashy passes which result in misses or TOs. Blake makes some really stupid decisions on offense in terms of getting caught between passing and shooting or not being as aggressive as he could be. Harden looks for contact TOO MUCH. When he plays within himself he's much better.

ArbitraryWater
07-24-2015, 01:29 PM
'race' :lol

close call, tbh.

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 01:30 PM
So Blake Griffin is as good, if not better than Curry, but Chris Paul STILL can't make it past the second round?

I guess that settles the Paul vs Curry debate.

ekosky
07-24-2015, 01:31 PM
Chris Paul > Blake Griffin > Steph Curry

Just my opinion, doe. I ain't shit.

RRR3
07-24-2015, 01:50 PM
So Blake Griffin is as good, if not better than Curry, but Chris Paul STILL can't make it past the second round?

I guess that settles the Paul vs Curry debate.
This is such a simple minded argument. :lol

CP MUST have a "stacked team" because he plays with another superstar. Let's ignore the fact that his team had a horrible bench and plays like shit when he sits down. Zero votes curry doeeeee :rolleyes:

mehyaM24
07-24-2015, 01:53 PM

CP MUST have a "stacked team" because he plays with another superstar. Let's ignore the fact that his team had a horrible bench and plays like shit when he sits down. Zero votes curry doeeeee :rolleyes:

curry had the best rpm (total and adjusted impact) in all of the league last season.

blake griffin and cp3 literally have ZERO case ahead of him. especially after their epic collapse against a worse rockets team.

RRR3
07-24-2015, 01:55 PM
curry had the best rpm (total and adjusted impact) in all of the league last season.

blake griffin and cp3 literally have ZERO case ahead of him. especially after their epic collapse against a worse rockets team.
Curry>LeBron too amirite?

mehyaM24
07-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Curry>LeBron too amirite?
after the finals, i wouldn't make that claim, but i wouldn't be mad if somebody argued it.

curry is really, really, REALLY ****ing good - and is already one of the greatest offensive players ever.

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 01:56 PM

What about the year before when he had Darren Collison (starting caliber PG) backing him up? Still out in the second round.

Curry is an MVP and a champion...Paul has a pretty assist/TO ratio and...well that's pretty much it.

I don't think the zero votes curry thing is catching on btw.

Levity
07-24-2015, 02:00 PM
i'd take curry every day of the week, and i hate indian food!

RRR3
07-24-2015, 02:00 PM
after the finals, i wouldn't make that claim, but i wouldn't be mad if somebody argued it.

curry is really, really, REALLY ****ing good - and is already one of the greatest offensive players ever.
Why does LeBron get a pass from you but not CP3?

RRR3
07-24-2015, 02:01 PM
What about the year before when he had Darren Collison (starting caliber PG) backing him up? Still out in the second round.

Curry is an MVP and a champion...Paul has a pretty assist/TO ratio and...well that's pretty much it.

Who'd he beat in the first round? :lol

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 02:03 PM
Who'd he beat in the first round? :lol

Who'd he beat in the second round? Nobody, as always.

I don't think that first round loss means a whole lot to a Curry now that he's a champion. I'm sure Chris Paul cherishes it though, so good for him.

mehyaM24
07-24-2015, 02:06 PM
Why does LeBron get a pass from you but not CP3?

why is that relevant?

his team made the finals, and lebron averaged nearly a 40 point triple-double while his TWO best teammates were DNP - the cavs still took the warriors to 6 games.

chris paul and blake griffin choked a home game after being up 20, against a worse rockets team who were without james harden. he shouldn't and doesn't get a pass.

Dbrog
07-24-2015, 02:07 PM
with this CP and Curry debate, to me it's kinda come down to Jason Kidd (cp) vs Isiah Thomas (curry). Similar teams too in these comparisons. I probably take Curry...CP just way too passive in his scoring. He could be spectacular but chooses to get others shots instead (which is fine to a point...he doesn't understand that point).

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 02:08 PM
why is that relevant?

his team made the finals, and lebron averaged nearly a 40 point triple-double while his TWO best teammates were DNP - the cavs still took the warriors to 6 games.

chris paul and blake griffin choked a home game after being up 20....against a worse rockets team who were without james harden.

Come on dude, look how stacked this lineup is:

Terry
Brewer
Ariza
Smith
Howard

You can't expect Paul to hold on to a 20 point lead against a super team like that. Seriously. Paul fanboys are always imploring everyone to lower their standards.

mehyaM24
07-24-2015, 02:11 PM
Come on dude, look how stacked this lineup is:

Terry
Brewer
Ariza
Smith
Howard

You can't expect Paul to hold on to a 20 point lead against a super team like that. Seriously. Paul fanboys are always imploring everyone to lower their standards.
:facepalm

:oldlol:

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 02:14 PM
And you know, I don't blame Chris Paul for getting blown out by 58 points at home in the playoffs. Dude had 4 points, so he certainly did his job.

RRR3
07-24-2015, 02:14 PM
why is that relevant?

chris paul and blake griffin choked a home game after being up 20, against a worse rockets team who were without james harden. he shouldn't and doesn't get a pass.
Maybe if LeBron could hit a jumper like CP3 he would have won.

mehyaM24
07-24-2015, 02:18 PM

lol

cp2 has never been out of the 2nd round. comparing him to lebron is like comparing a honda civic to a lambo - with lebron being the latter.

RRR3
07-24-2015, 02:22 PM
lol

cp2 has never been out of the 2nd round. comparing him to lebron is like comparing a honda civic to a lambo - with lebron being the latter.
CP3 has never played in the east either. I think he has faced a 50+ in team in EVERY PLAYOFF SERIES OF HIS CAREER.

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 02:24 PM
CP2 :oldlol:

mehyaM24
07-24-2015, 02:25 PM
CP3 has never played in the east either. I think he has faced a 50+ in team in EVERY PLAYOFF SERIES OF HIS CAREER.

no. he's just choked back to back years and lost to teams without their best players.

lebron has beaten the 2 best west teams for 2 championships. what is your argument exactly?

Milbuck
07-24-2015, 02:25 PM
cp2
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GreggPopazit
07-24-2015, 02:26 PM
Curry, no question.

This. I can't believe this thread was even made.

nzahir
07-24-2015, 02:28 PM
Where is chris pauls 4 mvps, 2 fmvps and 2 rings again??? :oldlol: :oldlol: :banana:

dazzer87
07-24-2015, 02:29 PM
curry and its not even close........

RRR3
07-24-2015, 02:29 PM
I hope you guys realize LeBron is my favorite active player :oldlol:

Inconsistencies are worth pointing out though

mehyaM24
07-24-2015, 02:32 PM
I hope you guys realize LeBron is my favorite active player :oldlol:

Inconsistencies are worth pointing out though

you're being an idiot though.

cp3 had his chances. and still will. why ignore the last 2 chokes where his teams were in the drivers seat to advance?

nobody is saying lebron is perfect, and he's certainly had his share of chokes, but he made up for them to the tune of 6 finals appearances. let miss paul make a finals first before we start even comparing the two.

nzahir
07-24-2015, 02:39 PM
you're being an idiot though.

cp3 had his chances. and still will. why ignore the last 2 chokes where his teams were in the drivers seat to advance?

nobody is saying lebron is perfect, and he's certainly had his share of chokes, but he made up for them to the tune of 6 finals appearances. let miss paul make a finals first before we start even comparing the two.
Hes had 1 time where he underperfomed...
Most clutch shots in the playoffs all time and tied for actual buzzer beaters with MJ.
Let me know who else got 4 or more mvps besides kareem and mj

tpols
07-24-2015, 02:41 PM
with this CP and Curry debate, to me it's kinda come down to Jason Kidd (cp) vs Isiah Thomas (curry). Similar teams too in these comparisons. I probably take Curry...CP just way too passive in his scoring. He could be spectacular but chooses to get others shots instead (which is fine to a point...he doesn't understand that point).

it's an insult to compare paul to kidd like that.. kidd does everything better by a good margin but shoot/score, yet at least he always tried despite not being the best at it. Paul has all the ability but just mails it in goes passive stat mode for no reason.

sundizz
07-24-2015, 02:41 PM
Chris Paul > Blake Griffin > Steph Curry

Just my opinion, doe. I ain't shit.

Agreed.

BlakFrankWhite
07-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Westbrook > Paul > Griffin > Curry

CTbasketball92
07-24-2015, 04:28 PM

I love Curry, but let's be honest ...

You put CP3, Harden, Westbrook or Kyrie on the Warriors and they still win the 2015 NBA finals. The warriors actually built their leads while Curry was on the bench.

Not trying to discredit Curry, but he has to do a good deal less than Harden, westbrook and CP3 had to. This warriors team was historically great. The clippers relied on the erratic Jamal Crawford, JJ redick and austin rivers. Give me a break.

As for the thread ,,, Um... give me blake griffin I think Blake might be able to take a team further by himself than Curry can. I've never seen a point guard (besides iverson) lead a team to a bunch of victories by himself, though curry might be similar to harden in that case because he's not a "traditional" pg and he can score like crazy. I think you need someone that can get you 40 points and 20 rebounds and 8 assists some games. For players like that, I'm not taking anyone before LeBron, Westbrook and Griffin ... and maybe Harden too.

mehyaM24
07-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Big men win championships.. I'm going with Blake. Hell, I'd take DeAndre over Curry as well.
no they don't. not in today's game.

the warriors didn't need a big man to win their title, and neither did miami
i hope you're trolling about deandre as well. SMH

Levity
07-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Big men win championships.. I'm going with Blake. Hell, I'd take DeAndre over Curry as well.

Bogut should have been finals MVP :rockon:

PejaNowitzki
07-24-2015, 05:19 PM
curry and its not even close........

This.

daily
07-24-2015, 11:36 PM
I'm taking Steph Curry without looking back.

miles berg
07-25-2015, 12:19 AM
Curry is on another level. Griffin is a nice robin but it isn't even close.

Prime_Shaq
07-25-2015, 01:05 AM
I love Curry but questions like this, I always pick the big man.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-25-2015, 01:42 AM
Got to go with Curry... His skill set combined with his leadership is a rarity these days... He's a proven winner. There's no debate... Why would you pick a SOFT big man over this?! lol

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-25-2015, 01:45 AM

Also, how many ****ing alts does the OP have? Jesus.LOL is the OP Fudge? :facepalm

Nashty
07-25-2015, 02:31 AM
Curry and it's not even close :facepalm

Curry > Paul > Griffin

ekosky
07-25-2015, 04:57 AM
I love Curry but questions like this, I always pick the big man.
You smart.

Gotta pick Blake.

Jacks3
07-25-2015, 05:06 AM
How is this even close? People saying you take Blake because he's a big...you take the bigs because of the defense and rebounding they can provide. The guards are always going to have the inherent advantages offensively. Blake's primary impact is going to come from his offense, and Curry is easily better there. Hell he's the best offensive player in the world.

ralph_i_el
07-25-2015, 10:58 AM
Give me both. Light-skinned-squadron

The Quadroon Squadroon lol

TheMarkMadsen
07-25-2015, 01:22 PM
Curry without any hesitation

DMAVS41
07-25-2015, 01:27 PM

Two things:

1. Game is changing

2. Curry is not a traditional pg at all. His shooting and off ball impact seem to be tremendously under-rated here. You can't put Curry in the standard "box" we always like to do with players. There are unique forces that can't be traditionally explained as you will lose there true value.

Curry is one of these players. He's kind of like the pg version of Dirk. You can't define them in traditional ways.

And WTF at DeAndre over Curry...:facepalm

ClipperRevival
07-25-2015, 01:40 PM
I have never seen a guy quite like Curry with his ability to get off a shot in a split second while on the move and creating space from himself. Maybe Ray Allen at his peak but even he didn't have Curry's insane handles to be able to break down set defenders and create space. Allen was more of a jab step and explode to create space type player and he didn't have Curry's release. It was fast but not as fast as Curry's. So that makes Curry more dangerous anywhere within 25 feet. And Curry's efficiency is also higher from 3.

But Blake is also entering his prime and has flashed brilliance at times (stretch two years ago when CP3 missed 2 months and last year against Spurs). He seems to be getting more impactful as an all around player and that makes him more dangerous the way he can play point/power forward.

If you put a gun to my head, I would pick Curry given how the game is today and how it favors the perimeter players.

Darius
07-25-2015, 03:32 PM
I'd pick Curry right this second but he is tapped out potential-wise while I think Blake still has another Lebron-esq gear that he can hit.

The first 10 games of the playoffs (before he hit an exhaustion wall from no bench) he was a top 3 player in the league, putting up huge triple doubles no problem.

I think, next season, we are going to see Blake surpass Curry... but he hasn't done it yet.

ImmortalNemesis
07-25-2015, 03:40 PM
The guy who just won a ring.

houston
07-25-2015, 04:38 PM
curry

senelcoolidge
07-25-2015, 05:11 PM
Griffin. A dynamic big man. One of the better offensive players in the league. A good rebounder. Can defend when he puts effort into it. A great passing big. You can run an offense through him. Pure hustle, he makes things happen. You can surround him with shooters.

TheMarkMadsen
07-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Griffin. A dynamic big man. One of the better offensive players in the league. A good rebounder. Can defend when he puts effort into it. A great passing big. You can run an offense through him. Pure hustle, he makes things happen. You can surround him with shooters.

all of that is true but that doesn't make him better than Curry

senelcoolidge
07-25-2015, 05:18 PM
all of that is true but that doesn't make him better than Curry

Ok Curry is a better 3pt shooter and guard. I'll give Curry that. They play different positions.

TheMarkMadsen
07-25-2015, 05:30 PM
Ok Curry is a better 3pt shooter and guard. I'll give Curry that. They play different positions.

Curry impacts the game more offensively than Griffin, draws more attention..

a constant threat from anywhere on the court, defenders are glued to this guy at 30ft away from the basket..

he's not just a "better shooter"the best 3pt shooter of all time.. but he isn't just a shooter because he has some of the goat handles also and create a shot for himself at an all time great level.

He just led his team to a championship playing a style that most people said wouldn't get it done in the playoffs, averaged 28/6/6 on the way to a title..

Griffin is great but he has holes in his game offensively at the moment, defense can sag off of him and dare him to shoot, he's top 5 player in the league tho