PDA

View Full Version : ESPN ranks young cores

Millslapped
07-24-2015, 02:32 PM
...and simultaneously show how terrible they are.

1. Milwaukee Bucks
Key young players: John Henson, Greg Monroe, Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Carter-Williams, Jabari Parker

2. New Orleans Pelicans
Key young players: Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday

3. Utah Jazz
Key young players: Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, Trey Burke, Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Dante Exum, Trey Lyles

4. Boston Celtics
Key young players: Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, R.J. Hunter, Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder, Terry Rozier

5. Philadelphia 76ers
Key young players: Robert Covington, Nerlens Noel, Richaun Holmes, Isaiah Canaan, Tony Wroten, Jahlil Okafor

6. Portland Trail Blazers
Key young players: Damian Lillard, Al-Farouq Aminu, Meyers Leonard, Noah Vonleh, Maurice Harkless, C.J. McCollum

7. Charlotte Hornets
Key young players: Kemba Walker, Frank Kaminsky, Jeremy Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Troy Daniels, Cody Zeller

8. Toronto Raptors
Key young players: Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, Bismack Biyombo, Cory Joseph, Terrence Ross, Bruno Caboclo

9. Orlando Magic (70.1)
Key young players: Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Elfrid Payton, Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Evan Fournier

10. Detroit Pistons (58.7)
Key young players: Andre Drummond, Stanley Johnson, Spencer Dinwiddie, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Darrun Hilliard II, Reggie Bullock

Orlando 9th behind Toronto, Boston, Charlotte, Portland, and Philly :biggums:
Minnesota not in the top 10? (ranked 15th) :biggums: :biggums:
Toronto and Charlotte in the top 10 at all? :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

JohnnySic
07-24-2015, 02:34 PM
I'm surprised Celtics were as high as #4. :rockon:

Milbuck
07-24-2015, 02:36 PM
It's a retarded article. It's based on 3-year projected WARP or some shit. ESPN constantly finds ways to misuse advanced metrics. They actually used that dumbass stat to make this list, saw Minnesota at #15, and still decided the article was worthy of publishing. It's a joke.

I can't believe people actually pay for this shit.

Locked_Up_Tonight
07-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Throw out the Anthony Davis on the Pelicans and they really don't have a young core. But they are probably the best team for next year out of all the young teams because of Davis.

But the "young" team that I think is the best is Utah. I would not have said that had they not found Gobert. But Gobert for that team going forward is the missing puzzle piece. A center that is active defensively and can improve offensively.

hawksdogsbraves
07-24-2015, 02:40 PM
Boston is way too high, Orlando way too low.

Millslapped
07-24-2015, 02:43 PM
It's a retarded article. It's based on 3-year projected WARP or some shit. ESPN constantly finds ways to misuse advanced metrics. They actually used that dumbass stat to make this list, saw Minnesota at #15, and still decided the article was worthy of publishing. It's a joke.

I can't believe people actually pay for this shit.
Toronto being top 10 is ridiculous. They're best young piece is Jonas, a poor man's Vucevic.

Millslapped
07-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Throw out the Anthony Davis on the Pelicans and they really don't have a young core. But they are probably the best team for next year out of all the young teams because of Davis.

But the "young" team that I think is the best is Utah. I would not have said that had they not found Gobert. But Gobert for that team going forward is the missing puzzle piece. A center that is active defensively and can improve offensively.
The top 3 is actually decent. Bucks are the best team going forward, but AD is the best player by far. From there though it gets dumb.

Heavincent
07-24-2015, 02:50 PM
lol what the ****? Terrible list.

kennethgriffin
07-24-2015, 03:14 PM
i notice they left out joel embiid

:roll: :roll: :roll:

kennethgriffin
07-24-2015, 03:18 PM
btw wheres the lakers?

D'angelo russell/jordan clarkson/julius randle/larry nance jr/ robert upshaw/
taryk black/ anthony brown/ jabari brown/ ryan kelly/ robert sacre

Millslapped
07-24-2015, 03:19 PM
btw wheres the lakers?

Only two players on that list are worth a damn. Rest of them are ****ing ass.

kennethgriffin
07-24-2015, 03:20 PM
Only two players on that list are worth a damn. Rest of them are ****ing ass.

inb4 kobe takes them to the playoffs

Millslapped
07-24-2015, 03:24 PM
No their headed straight to the lottery for at least the next 2 years. They are basically going to have to wait and see if the Clarkson/Randle/Russel core works out because they won't have their pick this year most likely.

Legends66NBA7
07-24-2015, 03:30 PM
Raps have a nice defensive young core.

Myth
07-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Take Lillard off the Blazers and they drop hard. And agreed at the :biggums: @ Minny.

StephHamann
07-24-2015, 03:44 PM
Orlando is so underrated.

Vucevic will be a top 3 center this year, kid has all the moves.

ralph_i_el
07-24-2015, 03:49 PM
John Wall is still 24....
Of all those guys in the top-10, the only guy I take over him is AD

what gives?

Blazers? Wut:biggums:

Wall, Beal, Porter (broke out in the playoffs)

NugzFan
07-24-2015, 03:52 PM
btw wheres the lakers?

Most of them are scrubs.

UK2K
07-24-2015, 03:54 PM
So the team with the ROTY doesn't have one of the 10 best young cores? Along with the #1 pick?

IncarceratedBob
07-24-2015, 03:55 PM
lakers are easily top 5. dumb list 3 top 5 picks from the last 2 years and plenty of late draft diamonds.

HOoopCityJones
07-24-2015, 03:59 PM
ESPN stay hatin on The Lakers. Yet they the first to suck the nut when we're winning championships.

WorldWarriors
07-24-2015, 04:01 PM
I can understand no Lakers but no Timberwolves?

outbreak
07-24-2015, 04:12 PM
Last offseason they had orlando at 1 and bucks at 2.

Millslapped
07-24-2015, 04:16 PM
John Wall is still 24....
Of all those guys in the top-10, the only guy I take over him is AD

what gives?

Blazers? Wut:biggums:

Wall, Beal, Porter (broke out in the playoffs)
Good call. Spurs should be higher too (Kawhi, Anderson)

Legends66NBA7
07-24-2015, 04:35 PM
So whats ISH's young core ranks ?

MJ(Mean John)
07-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Where did they rank the LAL

outbreak
07-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Orlando is so underrated.

Vucevic will be a top 3 center this year, kid has all the moves.
Problem is his defence at the rim. If someone like Aaron Gordon can become a shot blocker then Vucevic will be thought of more favourably as he isn't a terrible defender but it's a glaring weakness when he has a guy like Frye next to him.

Relinquish
07-24-2015, 05:22 PM
Wizards not even listed :facepalm

ImmortalNemesis
07-24-2015, 05:23 PM
#4 wow :applause:

33teeth
07-24-2015, 07:41 PM
What kind of crack are they selling in LA these days. I can't believe that even blatant homer Laker fans feel OK about the prospects of their "young core." That team is a dumpster fire.

noob cake
07-24-2015, 08:09 PM
What is this garbage. James Harden is younger than Lillard.

Harden/Motiejunas/Terrance Jones/Dekker/Harrell/McDaniels/Capela are all under 25.

Beastmode88
07-24-2015, 08:35 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Chuckbe ain't even going to make the 10th seed.

outbreak
07-24-2015, 08:40 PM
What kind of crack are they selling in LA these days. I can't believe that even blatant homer Laker fans feel OK about the prospects of their "young core." That team is a dumpster fire.
I've been told by some of the greatest minds ISH has at various times this off season that Kobe, Clarkson, Randle and Russell will all be all stars this year. Seems legit imo....

NugzFan
07-24-2015, 08:43 PM

Harden/Motiejunas/Terrance Jones/Dekker/Harrell/McDaniels/Capela are all under 25.

It's not which team has the most young players. The question is which teams have the best young cores.

CelticBaller
07-24-2015, 08:53 PM
lmao celtics that high, nobody there is a star, closest thing is marcus and he fist needs to find an offense

noob cake
07-24-2015, 09:05 PM
It's not which team has the most young players. The question is which teams have the best young cores.

Harden >>>>> Lillard

Motiejunas >>>> any one on that roster. Same with Jones

NugzFan
07-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Harden >>>>> Lillard

Motiejunas >>>> any one on that roster. Same with Jones

We all know the list is garbage. But does Houston really belong top 10?

IncarceratedBob
07-24-2015, 09:25 PM
You're...joking, right?

If NBA teams were allowed to re-draft last years draft both Clarkson and Randle would be top 5 picks.

This year they drafted the player with the highest ceiling in Russell. AND added a legit 3/D guy in Anthony Brown, a guy with an NBA pedigree and an unstoppable motor in Nance Jr and lastly they signed a 7 footer with defensive instincts rarely seen in today's game aka Upshaw. That's a very nice young core.

sd3035
07-24-2015, 09:38 PM
BSPN is a joke

Minnesota not in the top 10 is ridiculous

Millslapped
07-24-2015, 09:41 PM
We all know the list is garbage. But does Houston really belong top 10?
They have a good case actually.
So does San Antonio.

RRR3
07-24-2015, 09:43 PM
I've been told by some of the greatest minds ISH has at various times this off season that Kobe, Clarkson, Randle and Russell will all be all stars this year. Seems legit imo....
Kobe will be an all star though. He was an all star for playing 6 games for Petes dragon.

NugzFan
07-24-2015, 10:06 PM
They have a good case actually.
So does San Antonio.

They have decent young cores but not top 10

NugzFan
07-24-2015, 10:06 PM
You're...joking, right?

If NBA teams were allowed to re-draft last years draft both Clarkson and Randle would be top 5 picks.

This year they drafted the player with the highest ceiling in Russell. AND added a legit 3/D guy in Anthony Brown, a guy with an NBA pedigree and an unstoppable motor in Nance Jr and lastly they signed a 7 footer with defensive instincts rarely seen in today's game aka Upshaw. That's a very nice young core.

Again, mostly scrubs.

Millslapped
07-24-2015, 10:12 PM
They have decent young cores but not top 10
You wouldn't put them top 10 compared to the ones up there? What?

ekosky
07-24-2015, 10:24 PM
The Denver Nigglets nowhere to be found. Not a playoff caliber team nor do they even have a good enough core to contend for the future.

Mediocrity, people. :applause:

NugzFan
07-24-2015, 10:31 PM
You wouldn't put them top 10 compared to the ones up there? What?

No that list is awful. I'm pretty much ignoring it.

NugzFan
07-24-2015, 10:32 PM
The Denver Nigglets nowhere to be found. Not a playoff caliber team nor do they even have a good enough core to contend for the future.

Mediocrity, people. :applause:

:sleeping keep trying. Your trolling is just so lazy recently.

ekosky
07-24-2015, 10:38 PM
:sleeping keep trying. Your trolling is just so lazy recently.
Except i'm not trolling, dude.

Was I wrong or nah?

NugzFan
07-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Except i'm not trolling, dude.

Was I wrong or nah?

How many alts do you have? :oldlol:

And we are building for the future. Most teams are winning a title this year so the rest are (and should be) thinking about 3-5 years from now. Nothing wrong with that.

Springsteen
07-24-2015, 10:59 PM

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1957833/kobefail.gif

ekosky
07-24-2015, 11:30 PM
How many alts do you have? :oldlol:

And we are building for the future. Most teams are winning a title this year so the rest are (and should be) thinking about 3-5 years from now. Nothing wrong with that.
Only 3.

kNicKz
07-25-2015, 12:01 AM
sleeping on Minnesota's young talent

Sportal
07-25-2015, 12:53 AM
Wait, what? When did Milbuck get Monroe?

kennethgriffin
07-25-2015, 12:55 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1957833/kobefail.gif

kobe sure does suck. i mean look at that gif from a week into his return from achilles surgery

it proves this notion

cue kobe blocking bran gif

CakeorDeath
07-25-2015, 01:14 AM

James Harden is neither younger than Lillard nor under 25.

Lillard just turned 25 this month. Harden turns 26 next month.

outbreak
07-25-2015, 01:16 AM
kobe sure does suck. i mean look at that gif from a week into his return from achilles surgery

it proves this notion

cue kobe blocking bran gif
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/1089667/kobe-gets-blocked-by-lebron-o.gif

KG215
07-25-2015, 01:31 AM
So what are they using for the cut-off age?

Where's OKC ranked?

boldarblood
07-25-2015, 01:47 AM

Sad little troll. While by no means are they stars, or even world beaters by any stretch of imagination - to call that young core dumpster fire speaks more about your sad little troll attempt than anything else. Makes you sound like a mid 20's fat little internet troll. IF that doesn't describe you, then you really are failing as that is the impression you give.

Learn to troll better, the point isn't to sound a fool when trolling. Amateurish.

Lakers have some young pieces that show promise. Depending on their growth and future moves once the albatross of Kobe's contract comes off, the Lakers could have a good future. At least the LA Lakers know how to build championship rosters.

kshutts1
07-25-2015, 09:15 AM
...and simultaneously show how terrible they are.

1. Milwaukee Bucks
Key young players: John Henson, Greg Monroe, Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Michael Carter-Williams, Jabari Parker

2. New Orleans Pelicans
Key young players: Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday

3. Utah Jazz
Key young players: Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors, Trey Burke, Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Dante Exum, Trey Lyles

4. Boston Celtics
Key young players: Jared Sullinger, Kelly Olynyk, R.J. Hunter, Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder, Terry Rozier

5. Philadelphia 76ers
Key young players: Robert Covington, Nerlens Noel, Richaun Holmes, Isaiah Canaan, Tony Wroten, Jahlil Okafor

6. Portland Trail Blazers
Key young players: Damian Lillard, Al-Farouq Aminu, Meyers Leonard, Noah Vonleh, Maurice Harkless, C.J. McCollum

7. Charlotte Hornets
Key young players: Kemba Walker, Frank Kaminsky, Jeremy Lamb, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Troy Daniels, Cody Zeller

8. Toronto Raptors
Key young players: Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, Bismack Biyombo, Cory Joseph, Terrence Ross, Bruno Caboclo

9. Orlando Magic (70.1)
Key young players: Nikola Vucevic, Tobias Harris, Elfrid Payton, Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, Mario Hezonja, Evan Fournier

10. Detroit Pistons (58.7)
Key young players: Andre Drummond, Stanley Johnson, Spencer Dinwiddie, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Darrun Hilliard II, Reggie Bullock

Orlando 9th behind Toronto, Boston, Charlotte, Portland, and Philly :biggums:
Minnesota not in the top 10? (ranked 15th) :biggums: :biggums:
Toronto and Charlotte in the top 10 at all? :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
Really different definition of "key young players" than I have, that's for sure.

Nash
07-25-2015, 09:49 AM
link to article?

Millslapped
07-25-2015, 10:02 AM
Really different definition of "key young players" than I have, that's for sure.
What?