PDA

View Full Version : Kobe Has More Power Than Kupchak

FireDavidKahn
07-24-2015, 03:12 PM
SiriusXM NBA Radio
‏@SiriusXMNBA
.@Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak said that the young players and rookies will have to show @kobebryant in training camp that they belong.

:oldlol: Kup confirmed for beta

GmBe

kennethgriffin
07-24-2015, 03:21 PM
its too bad they didnt bring phil jackson into training camp back in 2013

bigkingsfan
07-24-2015, 03:24 PM
So they won't be making the roster.

triangleoffense
07-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Alpha level ownage confirmed

FireDavidKahn
07-24-2015, 03:30 PM
So they won't be making the roster.
It was a nice run for Russell in LA:bowdown:

Cocaine80s
07-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Inb4 Russell gets cut

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-24-2015, 04:52 PM
Mitch i got shooters http://i.imgur.com/Bzh0ypc.png u best make sure these yung pussea nikkas seein me in the playoff i got ya wife and kid work schedules http://i.imgur.com/Bzh0ypc.png

monkeypox
07-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately that's not true. Since Jerry Buss died the players have been relegated to employee status.

Bandito
07-24-2015, 05:36 PM
I hope he gets fired and replace by his sister. With him at the helm I see a cloud of darkness in the Lakers future.

superteamtheory
07-24-2015, 10:22 PM
Kupchak is a mediocre GM...

- trained under Jerry West, Jerry Buss etc. ... so obviously he's going to be an alright GM with that sort of training ... but it takes more than training as we will see...
- does not add any significant depth during his first 3 years as GM
- when it's too late (Lakers already blew one of their best chances in 2003), he finally signs too old Payton & K. Malone ... I'll give him a pass here but everybody was on crack from the start to think this would guarantee the championship or bring significant depth
- trades Shaq ... Shaq. ... for Lamar Odom and basically useless spare parts ... so, arguably all spare parts... a top 10 GOAT with something left in the tank... for a 6th man (if I remember correctly it was this that made Kobe want him gone)
- because the Lakers finished with a low record, they get Bynum ... good draft choice tho, albeit with the 10th pick you should get something, but still, good work there
- but then does nothing to add significant depth to roster from 2006-2008
- with one exception / another good trade, getting Trevor Ariza -- it was a little bit of extra / somewhat unexpected depth that helped them to two Finals
- finally swings a big/fortunate deal... for Pau Gasol... but has to sacrifice the future -- Marc Gasol -- for the present... worth it but it's not like Lakers gave up nothing
- his best move imo: signing Ron Artest aka. MWP ... but let's remember there were a lot of teams that wouldn't touch this guy around that time and this wasn't even Sacramento Kings Metta they were getting, nevermind the 2004 DPOY ... I do think this move helped them win a ring tho
- gets overconfident / comfortable again, thinks 2011 is in the bag, it wasn't
- doesn't add any depth in the wake of that, thinks Andrew Bynum development will cover all bases
- replaces Phil Jackson with Mike Brown -- huge drop off coming with that decision even tho Bynum has developed into an all-star that year and Lakers should be better than the year before
- in a panic, manages to snag Dwight Howard and Steve Nash but do you spot a pattern here? history repeating alert: once again with the washed up signings, Nash is too old, Howard too banged up (for that year anyway) ... and once again he adds no other significant depth... oh wait, my bad, a "seasoned" Antawn Jamison (whose stats were oh-kay for a bench player just 1 year before, but adds basically nothing that season) ... he also got a bit lucky that Jodie Meeks wasn't worse and that Kobe had one of his best seasons at that age
- game plan for 2014? pretty much nothing. / he's still shell shocked from last year... game plan for 2015? add marginal depth, no real starters.. so, tank. game plan for 2016? lottery picks have potential, we'll bring another washed up player again, an overrated 6th man,
Kobe should hold up for another 2000 years... that's about their vision going forward...
- all throughout doesn't bring in any top 5 type free agents (unless you count Payton, Nash, Malone, again all too old), we see what happened with Aldridge, the talk went well but "he didn't see what the Lakers' plan was" is basically the word on the street

so, is he a great GM because he acquired Ariza & Artest ?? because that's sort of what you'd have to argue ... :confusedshrug:

kennethgriffin
07-24-2015, 10:30 PM
kupchak isnt to blame... he has no final say in anything

its been jerry buss and jim buss running the show for a long time

even when jerry west was GM he consulted with jerry

anything and everything that goes right or wrong should be 100% attributed to the buss family.. period

the lakers won multiple titles after jerry west left the lakers ... he was never that important. jerry buss was the man making things go

his death is the reason for the downfall..

Haymaker
07-24-2015, 11:18 PM
Jerry Buss carried Kupchak.

Clyde
07-24-2015, 11:24 PM
Uhhhh...this is the nba...a stars league.

This isnt news, its the norm.

KingLeBronJames
07-24-2015, 11:52 PM
Isn't that what rookies and young players are suppose to do?

iamgine
07-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Kupchak is a mediocre GM...

- trained under Jerry West, Jerry Buss etc. ... so obviously he's going to be an alright GM with that sort of training ... but it takes more than training as we will see...
- does not add any significant depth during his first 3 years as GM
- when it's too late (Lakers already blew one of their best chances in 2003), he finally signs too old Payton & K. Malone ... I'll give him a pass here but everybody was on crack from the start to think this would guarantee the championship or bring significant depth
- trades Shaq ... Shaq. ... for Lamar Odom and basically useless spare parts ... so, arguably all spare parts... a top 10 GOAT with something left in the tank... for a 6th man (if I remember correctly it was this that made Kobe want him gone)
- because the Lakers finished with a low record, they get Bynum ... good draft choice tho, albeit with the 10th pick you should get something, but still, good work there
- but then does nothing to add significant depth to roster from 2006-2008
- with one exception / another good trade, getting Trevor Ariza -- it was a little bit of extra / somewhat unexpected depth that helped them to two Finals
- finally swings a big/fortunate deal... for Pau Gasol... but has to sacrifice the future -- Marc Gasol -- for the present... worth it but it's not like Lakers gave up nothing
- his best move imo: signing Ron Artest aka. MWP ... but let's remember there were a lot of teams that wouldn't touch this guy around that time and this wasn't even Sacramento Kings Metta they were getting, nevermind the 2004 DPOY ... I do think this move helped them win a ring tho
- gets overconfident / comfortable again, thinks 2011 is in the bag, it wasn't
- doesn't add any depth in the wake of that, thinks Andrew Bynum development will cover all bases
- replaces Phil Jackson with Mike Brown -- huge drop off coming with that decision even tho Bynum has developed into an all-star that year and Lakers should be better than the year before
- in a panic, manages to snag Dwight Howard and Steve Nash but do you spot a pattern here? history repeating alert: once again with the washed up signings, Nash is too old, Howard too banged up (for that year anyway) ... and once again he adds no other significant depth... oh wait, my bad, a "seasoned" Antawn Jamison (whose stats were oh-kay for a bench player just 1 year before, but adds basically nothing that season) ... he also got a bit lucky that Jodie Meeks wasn't worse and that Kobe had one of his best seasons at that age
- game plan for 2014? pretty much nothing. / he's still shell shocked from last year... game plan for 2015? add marginal depth, no real starters.. so, tank. game plan for 2016? lottery picks have potential, we'll bring another washed up player again, an overrated 6th man,
Kobe should hold up for another 2000 years... that's about their vision going forward...
- all throughout doesn't bring in any top 5 type free agents (unless you count Payton, Nash, Malone, again all too old), we see what happened with Aldridge, the talk went well but "he didn't see what the Lakers' plan was" is basically the word on the street

so, is he a great GM because he acquired Ariza & Artest ?? because that's sort of what you'd have to argue ... :confusedshrug:
A lot of what you wrote is hindsight. You can't use hindsight blindly to evaluate GM's performance.

For example, if Atlanta GM was able to acquire Portland's #1 Greg Oden for Atlanta's #3 Al Horford on draft night, that would be an amazing move, regardless if it looks terrible now.

MP.Trey
07-25-2015, 07:23 AM
LeGM tho...