PDA

View Full Version : Norman Powell = Steal of the Draft/Poormans Westbrook

dab0yech0
07-25-2015, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTwgb1A4_fM

He's 6'4" 215 a combo guard. Definitely a poorman's Russell Westbrook. Has the speed, athleticism, fearlessness. Stuck in a guard heavy system at UCLA just like Westbrook was, hes gonna shine in the NBA. I know its just summer league but you definitely have to like what you see from him

PacerRaptor
07-25-2015, 05:59 PM

He's 6'4" 215 a combo guard. Definitely a poorman's Russell Westbrook. Has the speed, athleticism, fearlessness. Stuck in a guard heavy system at UCLA just like Westbrook was, hes gonna shine in the NBA. I know its just summer league but you definitely have to like what you see from him
I think people will be surprised with Myles Turner and Joe Young (both on Indiana)

dab0yech0
07-25-2015, 06:00 PM
I think people will be surprised with Myles Turner and Joe Young (both on Indiana)

I like both those guys as well. Myles Turner will be in the league for a long time, his turn around and faceup game is so nice

SugarHill
07-25-2015, 06:57 PM
toronto stays with the great dunkers

Done_And_Done
07-25-2015, 09:03 PM
I don't wanna jump the gun with over excitement because I realize it's just the SL but my goodness did he ever look comfortable out there. Hope he continues to build off this momentum and gets a little burn next year.

SaltyMeatballs
07-25-2015, 09:18 PM

Sooo... Austin Rivers is a poor man's Russell Westbrook?

el gringos
07-26-2015, 12:51 AM
I had him anywhere between 14-20 top prospects in this class.

theaussieguy
07-26-2015, 02:48 AM
poor mans Russel Westbrook? LMAO, this dude has a legit 40 inch vertical compared to Westbrook's POVERTY 36.5. More like Ballin outta control version of Westbrook.

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2015, 03:06 AM
Norman getting some ridiculous comparisons since his summer league stint. Been compared to Wade, Westbrook, and some are already saying he's better than DeMar.

I'm expecting Michael Jordan comparisons next.

el gringos
07-26-2015, 03:44 AM
Norman getting some ridiculous comparisons since his summer league stint. Been compared to Wade, Westbrook, and some are already saying he's better than DeMar.

I'm expecting Michael Jordan comparisons next.
Don't get self conscious about it or worried everyone is going to over rate him. 90 whatever % still don't know who he is. Just shoot some facts (because I don't know).

Is he playing 1 or 2? Can he be an nba pg?

As a currently "Knicks fan" I was hoping Phil would find a way to get another pick and get a big triangle pg. Powell was my hope. I love the jerian grant move/pick and am giving the benefit of the doubt to Phil on the pick, it's just that I'm a ucla fan and have been on this guy for years and wonder if he can be an nba pg? IMO the key to this guys ceiling is if he plays pg. I think he can because he can defend that spot- I loved (even though they didn't have the depth and def under achieved) the team w Kyle Anderson playing point offensively and Powell playing point defensively

uber
07-26-2015, 03:57 AM
According to this board every player that has been picked outside of the top 20 is a steal and a poor mans "Insert Star Player Name here"

el gringos
07-26-2015, 04:14 AM
According to this board every player that has been picked outside of the top 20 is a steal and a poor mans "Insert Star Player Name here"
Yeah but jerian grant might be special right?

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2015, 04:53 AM
@ el gringos

Norman is definitely a 2. He's got tunnel vision on his drives (makes the PG comparisons absurd) and the Raptors already have 3 PG's ahead of him. One of them being Delon Wright, who I will say Norman has outplayed from what I've seen. Both don't have good jumpers yet, but get to the rim very well and play defense. Delon always will defer and look to pass, while Norman will look to be aggressive with the ball and look for his.

My best comparison for Norman Powell is probably a pre-knee injury Tony Allen. It's yet to see if he can live up to defensive force Allen is, but I'm rooting for his defensive potential. If he's going to be just a chucker, I've seen comparison to ex-Raptors Alan Anderson and Fred Jones.

macmac
07-26-2015, 04:55 AM

I requested a ride fkin 45 minutes ago, and i find you here arguing about an obscure nba hopeful on an online message board?

One starred...

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2015, 04:58 AM
I requested a ride fkin 45 minutes ago, and i find you here arguing about an obscure nba hopeful on an online message board?

One starred...

:roll: :applause:

Done_And_Done
07-26-2015, 04:59 AM

One starred...

Nice :lol

uber
07-26-2015, 07:51 AM

One starred...

haha took me a second :lol

SugarHill
07-26-2015, 09:02 AM

One starred...
:cheers:

clipps
07-26-2015, 11:32 AM
Poorman's Russell Westbrook isn't necessarily good. Eric Bledsoe is a poorman's Westbrook

avonbarksdale
07-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Poorman's Russell Westbrook isn't necessarily good. Eric Bledsoe is a poorman's Westbrook

i would be happy getting eric bledsoe in the 2nd round

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2015, 12:14 PM
He won't be a Bledsoe player either. Just isn't going to be a PG, certainly not on this team.

Again, he'll be more along the lines of Tony Allen.

Lebron23
07-26-2015, 01:29 PM
Interesting prospect

tamaraw08
07-26-2015, 05:27 PM
@ el gringos

Norman is definitely a 2. He's got tunnel vision on his drives (makes the PG comparisons absurd) and the Raptors already have 3 PG's ahead of him. One of them being Delon Wright, who I will say Norman has outplayed from what I've seen. Both don't have good jumpers yet, but get to the rim very well and play defense. Delon always will defer and look to pass, while Norman will look to be aggressive with the ball and look for his.

My best comparison for Norman Powell is probably a pre-knee injury Tony Allen. It's yet to see if he can live up to defensive force Allen is, but I'm rooting for his defensive potential. If he's going to be just a chucker, I've seen comparison to ex-Raptors Alan Anderson and Fred Jones.

I was going to say the same things. Good athlete and strength but a very inconsistent shooter for 4 years.:( But hey, I didn't see DeRozan developing a good shot.