PDA

View Full Version : More likely to win championship(s): 1991-95 Knicks with servicable sg, or....

mehyaM24
07-25-2015, 10:16 PM
the suns with kj healthy (undiagnosed hernia probem that caused him to miss ~110 games with barkley).

healthy kj vs magic h2h: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK_tKG9u1_c

i get that some will say phx because of their offense, but to me the knicks were always the closest to winning a championship. i still can't believe one of the GOAT defenses went as far as they did with john starks, a former cba/grocery bagger. you get ewing paired up with sprewell earlier, or a mitch ricmond and that knicks team looks pretty unbeatable IMO.

fpliii
07-25-2015, 10:19 PM
Haven't been on here too much, good to see you bud.

Interesting hypothetical, looking forward to the discussion.

mehyaM24
07-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Haven't been on here too much, good to see you bud.

Interesting hypothetical, looking forward to the discussion.

welcome back fpliii.. :rockon: you're welcome to post your thoughts

i've been a bit more active myself, so when i get the free time, i post whatever semi-interesting basketball thought here lol.

fpliii
07-25-2015, 10:32 PM
welcome back fpliii.. :rockon: you're welcome to post your thoughts

i've been a bit more active myself, so when i get the free time, i post whatever semi-interesting basketball thought here lol.
:cheers:

This is the Suns with Hornacek or Chuck btw? I'm high on Richmond either way though so it'd be close.

EDIT: Actually just re-read, this isn't 1 year, it's over a 5 year span I think.

MJistheGOAT
07-25-2015, 10:37 PM
Nice thread

For me, the Knicks, they were literally a good SG away of winning rings and probably deny the GOAT one of them.

Ewing wasn

mehyaM24
07-25-2015, 10:38 PM
:cheers:

This is the Suns with Hornacek or Chuck btw? I'm high on Richmond either way though so it'd be close.

EDIT: Actually just re-read, this isn't 1 year, it's over a 5 year span I think.

yup. '92-'93 through '95-'96 - pretty much as long as kj and chuck were teammates.
if kj is hitting peak form during their collapse against houston, i don't think hakeem would be as revered as he is today. i'll leave it at that.

mehyaM24
07-25-2015, 11:29 PM
i think another big thing about phx people forget, is that they dealt ceballos to la and got manning in return. manning would've been huge for them and a MUCH better fit, but he tore his acl just before the playoffs in 1995 (2 or 3 months before iirc). luckily phx was able to use the 1st round pick they got in that trade (drafting michael finley) but it was already a wrap.