PDA

View Full Version : Team USA Minicamp

UK2K
07-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin will participate in next month's USA Basketball minicamp in Las Vegas and hopes to play in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, a league source told ESPN.

A source told ESPN's Calvin Watkins that Houston Rockets shooting guard James Harden will also attend the minicamp with the hopes of securing a spot on next summer's Olympic team.

Sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein, meanwhile, that the newly crowned champion Golden State Warriors expect to have four representatives at the minicamp: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Harrison Barnes.

Sources told Stein that Memphis Grizzlies guard Mike Conley has also accepted his recent invitation to attend the camp, with Washington's Bradley Beal, Utah's Gordon Hayward and Portland's Mason Plumlee (who played on the World Cup team last summer) also planning to attend.

The San Antonio Express-News, meanwhile, reported Sunday that newly re-signed star swingman Kawhi Leonard will make himself available for the camp after Leonard bypassed national team invites the past two summers.

The New York Post reported earlier this week that Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony, to that end, plans to attend the minicamp even though he's unlikely to participate in any basketball activities so soon after knee surgery. Anthony would be attending purely to state his availability for the 2016 squad.

Other top players who, like Anthony, are still recovering from injuries but could be camp attendees include Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant, Indiana's Paul George and Cleveland's Kevin Love.

Good news all around, but more importantly, how sick will next year's 2016 Team USA be? It seems like more and more guys WANT to play for the team. I love it.

Let's just run this lineup:

Harden
George
Durant
Leonard
Love

:oldlol:

If Lebron didn't play (don't see why he wouldn't).

AboutBuckets
07-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Need more bigs than Love, Griffin, and Plumlee. Gimme Demarcus out there or something

ISHGoat
07-26-2015, 06:08 PM
:wtf:
Need more bigs than Love, Griffin, and Plumlee. Gimme Demarcus out there or something

how much help does curry need?

outbreak
07-26-2015, 06:17 PM
I thought Tobias Harris and Victor Oladipo were invited to this? Or are they on the scrimmage team again? I swear another site said they had been invited to the camp to try out for the actual team though because it was a surprise.

Hey Yo
07-26-2015, 06:49 PM
Don't expect Lillard to be there.

"The Trail Blazers’ guard was the final cuts from Team USA last year before the FIBA World Cup, Kyrie Irving got that spot, and he seems a little bitter about this. He was on the Jody Mac show on CBSSports Radio Saturday and had this exchange:

Jody Mac: Are you headed to Vegas next month?
Lillard: Probably not.
Jody Mac: Why Not?
Lillard: I did it the last few summers and last summer I didn’t make it. I don’t know why I would go. After I got cut last summer, I don’t think I’m a part of it.

ESPN’s Marc Stein reported that Lillard was expected to be there, although it doesn’t sound like it from this interview.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/26/damian-lillard-says-he-likely-will-not-take-part-in-usa-minicamp-i-dont-know-why-i-would-go/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

JimmyMcAdocious
07-26-2015, 06:51 PM
Between that and the allstar snub comments, Dame is kind of a bitch.

noob cake
07-26-2015, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Hey Yo]Don't expect Lillard to be there.

"The Trail Blazers

UK2K
07-26-2015, 06:55 PM

Dont need a big in weird world basketball.

Legends66NBA7
07-26-2015, 07:09 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Chandler Parsons and DeMar DeRozan also going to join the camp.

Cocaine80s
07-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Curry
Harden
Lebron
Durant
Davis

:party:

Heavincent
07-26-2015, 07:20 PM
What about Davis?

If Davis and Lebron don't play for whatever reason, it's actually a pretty meh roster in comparison to 2008 and 2012.

Heavincent
07-26-2015, 07:26 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine

Chandler Parsons and DeMar DeRozan also going to join the camp.

I think they would be better off with Iguodala than either of those guys, although he's getting older so he probably wants to rest during the offseason.

UK2K
07-26-2015, 08:02 PM
What about Davis?

If Davis and Lebron don't play for whatever reason, it's actually a pretty meh roster in comparison to 2008 and 2012.
It's not the full list, just those that have confirmed.

I have zero.doubt Davis will play.

JohnnySic
07-26-2015, 08:34 PM
Good news all around, but more importantly, how sick will next year's 2016 Team USA be? It seems like more and more guys WANT to play for the team. I love it.

Yeah that's nice to see. It used to be that the big stars generally did not want to.

Hey Yo
07-26-2015, 08:42 PM
"USA Basketball managing director Jerry Colangelo has mandated that any player that wants to compete for a spot in next summer's Olympics must attend the minicamp, even if they can't participate due to injury.

Love is still recovering from a shoulder injury and will not be ready to play in next month's minicamp, while USA Today reports Durant will attend despite not being able to compete due to a foot injury.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/07/26/usa-basketball-august-minicamp?xid=si_social

Chief Keef
07-27-2015, 06:44 AM
Curry
Harden
Lebron
Durant
Davis

:party:

That's overkill.

BurningHammer
07-27-2015, 12:05 PM
As long as USA entering Olympic basketball, they have to overkill.

rmt
07-27-2015, 12:40 PM
With Lebron, Durant and George, will there be space for Leonard?