PDA

View Full Version : Spurs second unit could make playoffs in East!

westsideozzie
07-26-2015, 03:52 PM
I think people are severely underrating the addition of Boban Marjanovic. He is a highly skilled big who can nail the 17 footer, shoots FT's in the high 80's and he can finish at the rim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHS-oTeAkM

You now have any combination of Patty Mills, Manu Ginobli, David West, Kyle Anderson and John Simmons and they could probably win 40 games in the east on a pro rated per 48 formula. Thats sick depth and the reason we are going to see historic basketball next year!

Only teams in the East better than this second unit is the Bucks, Cavs, Bulls, and maybe the Wiz and a revamped Knicks. 68 wins is a given!

Fire Colangelo
07-26-2015, 04:56 PM
That's what they said about the Clippers bench couple seasons ago.

Depth will get you far in the regular season.

Heavincent
07-26-2015, 05:32 PM

And in the playoffs too, as the Warriors and Spurs have both proved.

MellowYellow
07-26-2015, 05:36 PM
patty mills
manu
kyle anderson
david west
Boban

meh, old and slow, they wouldnt even make it in the east. 30 wins at best.

rmt
07-26-2015, 05:36 PM
I think people are severely underrating the addition of Boban Marjanovic. He is a highly skilled big who can nail the 17 footer, shoots FT's in the high 80's and he can finish at the rim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyHS-oTeAkM

You now have any combination of Patty Mills, Manu Ginobli, David West, Kyle Anderson and John Simmons and they could probably win 40 games in the east on a pro rated per 48 formula. Thats sick depth and the reason we are going to see historic basketball next year!

Only teams in the East better than this second unit is the Bucks, Cavs, Bulls, and maybe the Wiz and a revamped Knicks. 68 wins is a given!

Anderson and Simmons are unproven and Manu can't play many minutes.

ralph_i_el
07-26-2015, 06:10 PM
That's what they said about the Clippers bench couple seasons ago.

The last two seasons the deepest teams won. Last year the Clippers shitty bench killed them.

westsideozzie
07-27-2015, 06:04 AM
The last two seasons the deepest teams won. Last year the Clippers shitty bench killed them.

But this second unit will have maybe the 3rd best offensive center in the league. Boban will have that kind of impact.

Prime_Shaq
07-27-2015, 06:08 AM
But this second unit will have maybe the 3rd best offensive center in the league. Boban will have that kind of impact.
:wtf:

ronnymac
07-27-2015, 06:29 AM
Houstons bench will probably be

Ty Lawson
Marcus Thornton/Jason Terry
Corey Brewer
Terrence Jones
Clint Capella

now that is a team that could be a playoff team in the east.
Clippers bench is no joke

Crawford
Stephenson
Wes Johnson
Smith
Cole Aldric

another deep team

Theen you have the Warriors deep ass bench.

iamgine
07-27-2015, 06:31 AM
Maybe against East second unit.

aj1987
07-27-2015, 07:52 AM
Are you idiots for real? They'd be a lottery team.

Nash
07-27-2015, 08:13 AM
how about this team

Mo Williams
JR Smith
Jefferson
Tristan
Varejao

keep-itreal
07-27-2015, 08:19 AM
how about this team

Mo Williams
JR Smith
Jefferson
Tristan
Varejao

fcking stacked :oldlol:

god damn lebron, how much help do you need

Bigsmoke
07-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Manu and David west are both old and the other guys are just Quality bench players

GreggPopazit
07-27-2015, 09:56 AM
how about this team

Mo Williams
JR Smith
Jefferson
Tristan
Varejao

Jesus. LeBron may not have had much help in the Finals, but he certainly has a stacked team when healthy.

imnew09
07-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Lakers bruh

Name me our 5 bench. Thats right. All. Board

PejaNowitzki
07-27-2015, 02:04 PM

Yeah....how about no. Simmons was a decent player in the D-League, hasn't proven jack outside of that and the Summer League. Mills is a solid backup, Ginobili is way over the hill, West is a good player but up there in years and Anderson still has a ways to go as a player, currently a poor man's Diaw.

Even in the East that is a very mediocre lineup.

TimmyDuncan
07-27-2015, 02:12 PM
And Boris Diaw

Fire Colangelo
07-27-2015, 02:59 PM
And in the playoffs too, as the Warriors and Spurs have both proved.

I'll give you the Spurs, but the Warriors were running a 7-8 man rotation in the playoffs.

Maybe I didn't get my point across correctly, but 7-8 deep is exactly what you need to succeed. You don't need to go 10-11 deep like the Clippers were doing a couple years ago with Grant Hill, Odom, etc. You just need 2-3 solid role players coming off the bench to lead the 2nd unit without getting blown out.

Fire Colangelo
07-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Not to mention OP is brain dead for thinking that starting line up would sniff 20 wins let alone 40. West and Manu are old as ****, Mills is the only decent player and the rest haven't played decent NBA minutes yet .

westsideozzie
07-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Not to mention OP is brain dead for thinking that starting line up would sniff 20 wins let alone 40. West and Manu are old as ****, Mills is the only decent player and the rest haven't played decent NBA minutes yet .

I guess you did not read my post, where I used the per 48 equation to place empahsis on these cats playing half the game.. Cant wait til the Spurs put 68 wins on the league next year.

bdreason
07-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Livingston
Barbosa
Iggy
Speights
Ezili

Fire Colangelo
07-28-2015, 12:38 AM
I guess you did not read my post, where I used the per 48 equation to place empahsis on these cats playing half the game.. Cant wait til the Spurs put 68 wins on the league next year.

You could use any formula you like and they won't reach 40 wins.

I'll bet you the Spurs won't win 68 games either.

Sarcastic
07-28-2015, 01:17 AM

The average WS/48 of this team, not including Boban is 0.0875. The league average is 0.100.

The starters alone would be 13% below average, and that's before even factoring in the bench, and the coaching.

I think this team getting to 15 wins would be an challenge, when you consider that Manu and West are a year older.