07-26-2015, 09:11 PM
Per Woj. More to follow.

lilteapot
07-26-2015, 09:11 PM
In exchange for 2 second round picks

wonder what deal CLE is trying to go for

TheMarkMadsen
07-26-2015, 09:14 PM
Lillard to CLE possibly?? Would be great for CLE's depth, would still need some more size and a couple more shooters but not bad..

lilteapot
07-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Lillard to CLE possibly?? Would be great for CLE's depth, would still need some more size and a couple more shooters but not bad..
:lol

DukeDelonte13
07-26-2015, 09:19 PM
trade exception and 2 second rounders.

Thunderfan86
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Fallen Angel
Nobody wanted Haywood or Miller so they had to settle with two 2nds.

The two seconds from Portland would probably have nearly the same value of two first from Cleveland because of how bad the Blazers will be and how good the Cavaliers will be.

Millslapped
07-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Weird move for Portland. The 2nd rounders must have protections.

Uncle Drew
07-26-2015, 09:21 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 25s26 seconds ago
Cleveland gains a $13.35M trade exception in the deal. The Cavs will have one year to use it.

jbryan1984
07-26-2015, 09:22 PM
Instead of getting a player back, they just want to do a salary dump.

Millslapped
07-26-2015, 09:24 PM
Oh okay Portland is the one getting the 2nds

RedBlackAttack
07-26-2015, 09:30 PM
This has been in the works for a while. The Cavs now have a pretty nice looking TPE. Hopefully they can spend the first half of the season assessing which holes need to be filled and then they can use it to plug them similar to how they did last year just before the deadline.

Rose'sACL
07-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Cleveland gains a $13.35M trade exception in the deal. The Cavs will have one year to use it.

RedBlackAttack
07-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Actually, the Cavs gained a $10.5 million exception and a $2.85 million exception. They must be used separately. Weird wrinkle, but important to keep in mind.

4 Inches
07-26-2015, 09:39 PM
Damn Lebron did Mike Miller dirty.

Cocaine80s
07-26-2015, 10:01 PM
Hopefully we can trade for Beal at the deadline next year

mistergreens
07-26-2015, 10:38 PM
Didn't Lebron leave Miami partially because Arison was cheap amnestied his boy Miller? Or was that just some BS narrative? If true, Lebron did Magic Mike dirty.

Myth
07-26-2015, 10:58 PM
I like this for Portland. I would not like this if the picks were going from Portland to Cavs.

HylianNightmare
07-26-2015, 11:12 PM
LeGm dealing Miller again, wonder who the cavs pickup next

ihatetimthomas
07-26-2015, 11:27 PM
Goes to show you expiring deals or deals that save you $$ are not valuable in the NBA like they once were. Cavs had to give the Blazers 2 second round picks for trade exceptions.

People were hoping for a solid player in return for Haywoods deal. These type of contracts are just not coveted very much. Even though teams could waive him for a significant cut, teams are just not giving quality assets away for that.

This essentially extends Haywoods cap saving contract for another year. Its actually not a bad choice. They have 2 trade exceptions. They can use it if a opportunity comes up or just let it expire. Given the market for him, they at least got something that will benefit the team. The trade exception could turn into something and that would make this deal even more successful.

DMAVS41
07-26-2015, 11:34 PM

The two seconds from Portland would probably have nearly the same value of two first from Cleveland because of how bad the Blazers will be and how good the Cavaliers will be.

Unless I'm missing something...I thought it was Portland getting the 2nd rounders....

Which makes a lot more sense. Why the hell would the Blazers give up something for this? That wouldn't make any sense at all.

As for the other stuff.

The Haywood contract was only good for players on high salaries that teams were looking to shed. You weren't going to get back a great asset on a good contract or something. It was for the the Joe Johnson type player...etc.

I like this move by the Cavs. They didn't like anything now, but mid season (assuming they use it this season) there will be more candidates and teams will look to unload more players they can absorb into that trade exception they created.

Also, like someone said, they can see what the team needs.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-26-2015, 11:37 PM
This has been in the works for a while. The Cavs now have a pretty nice looking TPE. Hopefully they can spend the first half of the season assessing which holes need to be filled and then they can use it to plug them similar to how they did last year just before the deadline.

TPE is not as good as it looks. Lakers had to attach 2 1st + 2 2nd to get S&T nash.

point is they need to add picks to get anything of value

TheMarkMadsen
07-26-2015, 11:48 PM
Hopefully we can trade for Beal at the deadline next year

Beal should be the last resort

if we can't get bigger down low then yes, Beal would be a nice complimentary player to have off the bench

we should really try to go after Bosh, a 20/10 PF would look way better than that 16/8 scrub Kevin Love..

realistically I don't see Bosh going anywhere but if we could somehow end up with Gobert & Derozen I would almost be ready to call us championship or bust

still would need some more shooters though

Funktion
07-26-2015, 11:49 PM
GM Bran keepin them funds

GreggPopazit
07-27-2015, 12:01 AM
Unless I'm missing something...I thought it was Portland getting the 2nd rounders....

The only thing you are missing is timing. The original reports had it backwards and it got corrected.

Cocaine80s
07-27-2015, 12:12 AM
Beal should be the last resort

if we can't get bigger down low then yes, Beal would be a nice complimentary player to have off the bench

we should really try to go after Bosh, a 20/10 PF would look way better than that 16/8 scrub Kevin Love..

realistically I don't see Bosh going anywhere but if we could somehow end up with Gobert & Derozen I would almost be ready to call us championship or bust

still would need some more shooters though
PF is fine, we can start TT if Love cant defend well

Beal also would start over Shumpert imo. We also need a solid backup pg, maybe Clarkson if Lakers are willing

TylerOO
07-27-2015, 01:22 AM
What the fvck is a trade exception.

bdreason
07-27-2015, 03:01 AM
Goes to show you expiring deals or deals that save you $$ are not valuable in the NBA like they once were. Cavs had to give the Blazers 2 second round picks for trade exceptions.

People were hoping for a solid player in return for Haywoods deal. These type of contracts are just not coveted very much. Even though teams could waive him for a significant cut, teams are just not giving quality assets away for that.

This essentially extends Haywoods cap saving contract for another year. Its actually not a bad choice. They have 2 trade exceptions. They can use it if a opportunity comes up or just let it expire. Given the market for him, they at least got something that will benefit the team. The trade exception could turn into something and that would make this deal even more successful.

With the salary cap exploding the next two seasons, nobody really needs expirers. I thought we would get more for Lee as well. He's a really good player and a huge expirer. :confusedshrug:

bdreason
07-27-2015, 03:09 AM
What the fvck is a trade exception.

A trade exception gives a team the ability to take back more salary in a trade then it sends out, regardless of their salary cap situation.

BigTicket
07-27-2015, 03:57 AM
Makes sense for the Cavs. They save a ton of money, and preserve trade flexibility for another year.

Miller and Haywood weren't going to get any playing time anyway, and you can buy a 2nd round pick for a few million, while this deal will save the Cavs tens of millions in luxury taxes.

MJ(Mean John)
07-27-2015, 04:44 AM

Dirrrty.

Mike Miller follows Brahn back to CLE after linking up in MIA, then he traded his a$$. Lol. Hilarious. UnLoyalBron James

BigTicket
07-27-2015, 04:49 AM
Miller getting traded has nothing to do with Lebron. He got traded because he sucked last year, and that's all there is to it.

32%FG, 4.6 PER ...

Why would the Cavs pay $2.9M per year for that ? Especially when they also need to pay ~$10M in luxury tax on top.

MJ(Mean John)
07-27-2015, 04:58 AM
Cavs Were Interestd in Nick Young to Relpace JR Smith since JR wants 10Mil ala shump. Cavs Offered a 1st rounder for Nick.

Young put in some work this offseason. Cavs Save 5 Mil and Get the same player back.

1 First Rounder (remember this will be late 20's Pick; not great) + Trade Exception

For:

Nick Young ($5 Mil)+ Ryan Kelly ($1 Mil).

ihatetimthomas
07-27-2015, 05:34 AM
Cavs Were Interestd in Nick Young to Relpace JR Smith since JR wants 10Mil ala shump. Cavs Offered a 1st rounder for Nick.

Young put in some work this offseason. Cavs Save 5 Mil and Get the same player back.

1 First Rounder (remember this will be late 20's Pick; not great) + Trade Exception

For:

Nick Young ($5 Mil)+ Ryan Kelly ($1 Mil).

I don't think Nick Young has that good of value around the league to get a 1st rounder. Lakers dump his salary and get a 1st round pick? I don't see it happening.

QuebecBaller
07-27-2015, 07:25 AM
If Miller gets bought out, he'll probably go back to Memphis for a last run

fragokota
07-27-2015, 07:31 AM
I don't think Cavs can afford another $10+ mil contract on their roster. They'll probably let it expire.

Kingwillball
07-27-2015, 09:07 AM
I don't think Cavs can afford another $10+ mil contract on their roster. They'll probably let it expire.

They can if they want to or if Gilbert wants too pay more in luxury tax..