PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld fans help me out

TheMarkMadsen
07-26-2015, 09:25 PM
Huge Seinfeld fan and have been going through the show lately and there's something that's always bothered me and I'm not sure if I'm just missing something or not paying close enough attention..

in the episodes "The Van Buren Boys" Jerry is dating a girl who is a "loser"

He can't understand why she people see her this way, and then when his parents like her he decides there must really be something wrong with her..

but does the episode ever explain what is supposed to be wrong with her.. or even hint at anything substantial :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

The actress playing the role is Christine Taylor (Ben Stiller)

navy
07-26-2015, 09:42 PM
If you were as big a Seinfeld fan as you say you are you'd know that was the point. There is nothing wrong with her. All the conflicts in Seinfeld are literally aimed to be about "nothing."

outbreak
07-26-2015, 09:46 PM
If you were as big a Seinfeld fan as you say you are you'd know that was the point. There is nothing wrong with her. All the conflicts in Seinfeld are literally aimed to be about "nothing."

This. Great show.

TheMarkMadsen
07-26-2015, 09:49 PM

Jerry always has some reason for leaving a girl, no matter how small and minuscule is may be and his friends are constantly riding him for it..

in this episode it's his friends and not him that see a problem with the girl..

what did everybody else see about her that Jerry could not see..

and this is from season 8 when the show began to change imo

DeuceWallaces
07-26-2015, 09:59 PM
There's nothing wrong with her. That's the point. Everyone perceives her as being a loser for no reason except him and his parents.

And show began to change Season 3 and again Season 7.

Patrick Chewing
07-26-2015, 10:11 PM
She was socially awkward. Who picks a first date on her birthday??

Reef
07-26-2015, 10:40 PM
She was socially awkward. Who picks a first date on her birthday??

Plus nobody would call her. Even her friends pitied her.

outbreak
07-26-2015, 10:49 PM
The show changed when Larry David wasn't working on it, the seasons without him have some out there story lines and sometimes don't work too well.

DeuceWallaces
07-26-2015, 11:05 PM
The show changed when Larry David wasn't working on it, the seasons without him have some out there story lines and sometimes don't work too well.

It changed the most while he was working on it.

Patrick Chewing
07-26-2015, 11:15 PM
Plus nobody would call her. Even her friends pitied her.

My favorite part is how George and Kramer confront him about her. Locking the door was the best part :oldlol: .

SugarHill
07-27-2015, 01:42 AM
jerry is underrated as a character. in fact, he's hated

Funktion
07-27-2015, 02:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQnaRtNMGMI