PDA

View Full Version : Will Steph Curry break the most made 3s in a game record next season?

PistonsFan#21
07-26-2015, 11:11 PM
The record is 12 (Kobe and Donyell Marshall). Curry's career high was back in 2013 when he made 11-13 from 3 against the New York Knicks (also finished with his career high 54pts).

I can see him having a crazy shooting night and going something like 15-21 from 3

Heavincent
07-26-2015, 11:13 PM
I'm surprised he hasn't broken it yet. He's bound to do it sooner or later.

TemporaMutantur
07-26-2015, 11:22 PM
It seems like a stubborn record to break.

I remember when Chandler Parsons hit 10 3s in a half, and I thought, oh cool, finally someone's about to break it, and he still managed to not break it.

It becomes difficult because the defender will also make it a personal challenge to prevent you from doing so, because you do not want to be the guy that that is done against. Also, defensive schemes change in light of such a hot hand.

Edit: Faulty memory, I thought it was in the first half, but it was in the second half of a game.

PistonsFan#21
07-26-2015, 11:25 PM
It seems like a stubborn record to break.

I remember when Chandler Parsons hit 10 3s in the first half of a game, and I thought, oh cool, finally someone's about to break it, and he still managed to not break it.

It becomes difficult because the defender will also make it a personal challenge to prevent you from doing so, because you do not want to be the guy that that is done against. Also, defensive schemes change in light of such a hot hand.

Klay made 9 3s in his record breaking 37pt 3rd quarter but still failed to break the most 3s in a game

stalkerforlife
07-26-2015, 11:27 PM
I have no doubt a healthy Curry will break the record one day. He makes ridiculous shots and he doesn't even need to be open.

TemporaMutantur
07-26-2015, 11:30 PM
Klay made 9 3s in his record breaking 37pt 3rd quarter but still failed to break the most 3s in a game

Yeah, I was just about to bring that up. However, that insane run gave them over a 20+ lead. I don't believe he even played much in the 4th quarter.

I'm sure a lot of guys could do it if they just chucked like assholes and went into JR smith mode.

But it's much more rewarding breaking it with some merit.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-26-2015, 11:33 PM
6 different players have hit 11 in a game or more. 5 of them are still active.

15 of the 23 10+ games have happened since 2009. 8 of them in the last two seasons. Names like Deron, Ariza, Ross, Parsons, Miles, Joe, Chalmers, Lawson, are there... Along with the somewhat expected Steph, JR, Klay, Kyrie...

Wouldn't surprise me to see any player top 12 3pters in a game very soon. Rather it be Steph or JR, or some scrub like Corey Brewer or Lin randomly get hot. It's been too close recently for it not to happen.

TheMarkMadsen
07-26-2015, 11:35 PM
before that game Kobe had never made more than 5 in a game.. then randomly goes 12 for 18 from 3..

btw does he still hold the record for most threes made in a row with nine? or has Curry/Klay broken that yet?

JimmyMcAdocious
07-26-2015, 11:40 PM
before that game Kobe had never made more than 5 in a game.. then randomly goes 12 for 18 from 3..

btw does he still hold the record for most threes made in a row with nine? or has Curry/Klay broken that yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rankc8FgUVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZdoevq3E4

Lawson's is funny because he was literally 10-10 (with the 10th coming with just 30-something seconds left) and then launched a halfcourt shot at the end of the quarter because no one told him he had the record. Didn't take another shot after that. Could have been the only player to ever finish 10-10 if he didn't take the buzzer beater. Parsons missed his first 4 and then hit 10 straight (10-14 for the game).

TemporaMutantur
07-26-2015, 11:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rankc8FgUVk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwZdoevq3E4

Lawson's is funny because he was literally 10-10 and then launched a halfcourt shot at the end of the quarter because no one told him he had the record. Didn't take another shot after that. Could have been the only player to ever finish 10-10 if he didn't take the buzzer beater. Parsons missed his first 3 and then finished 10-11 (10-14 for the game).

Baha, oh man, the guy at 1:36 in the Lawson video was such a doucheeeeee. I almost didn't notice because there was a relatively cute girl next to him.

Yeah, spoiled his shooting performance with that last shot, but at the same time, when you're 10-10, you pretty much just expect to drain the shot.

inclinerator
07-26-2015, 11:52 PM
durant will before him

RRR3
07-26-2015, 11:53 PM
6 different players have hit 11 in a game or more. 5 of them are still active.

15 of the 23 10+ games have happened since 2009. 8 of them in the last two seasons. Names like Deron, Ariza, Ross, Parsons, Miles, Joe, Chalmers, Lawson, are there... Along with the somewhat expected Steph, JR, Klay, Kyrie...

Wouldn't surprise me to see any player top 12 3pters in a game very soon. Rather it be Steph or JR, or some scrub like Corey Brewer or Lin randomly get hot. It's been too close recently for it not to happen.
GOATmers :applause:

bigkingsfan
07-26-2015, 11:58 PM
Lebron will break it.

WorldWarriors
07-27-2015, 12:33 AM
I don't know. Maybe if MJ was still coach. Kerr wants him to focus on running the offense.

Genaro
07-27-2015, 12:49 AM
I think that this record is one that will be broken soon, either be Curry or someone else. Every season people get close but fail to make it.

StusOneGoodEye
07-27-2015, 01:02 AM
kobe is a poor shooter. even if curry breaks it he would be unaware. its not even a sharpshooters record. its a stupid record to consciously go after.

blacknapalm
07-27-2015, 04:43 AM
can he? sure. curry already has games of 10 and 11 3 pointers.

will he get the opportunity? he only averaged 32.7 mpg last season. i can definitely see kerr doing a 'pop' and pulling guys early. i mean, he already started last year.

so that limits his opportunities there. all he needs is to catch fire though and if he's against a bad defense, it will only improve his chances...

bdreason
07-27-2015, 05:00 AM
Problem is, if Curry has hit 10 three's in a game, we're probably up 20, and he's probably on the bench. If it's actually a close game still, the other team is probably doubling Curry as soon as he crosses half-court.

Kblaze8855
07-27-2015, 09:26 AM
You have to assume he will....but it does seem like the kinda thing you get close to and people dont wanna look like they are gunning for it. But Steph wouldnt care realy...because taking wild off the dribble threes is his normal game. Id be surprised if he didnt make like 14 one day.

As for the most in a row/without a miss...I remember Ben Gordon tied Sprewells record of nine one game vs the Bobcats. And I think he did it off the bench. I have to assume Lawsons 10 is the record and will be for some time.

Someone going 11 for 11 seems kinda unlikely. Well you know its gonna happen...it just doesnt seem like something you will see often. Feel like one of those records that changes twice in your life.

Foster5k
07-27-2015, 09:38 AM
Kyrie will break it.

Chief Keef
07-27-2015, 09:43 AM
Lebron will break it.

Lebron will brick it.