PDA

View Full Version : With what PJ was handed to him, does ISH really think he's failing ATM?

poido123
07-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Got rid of JR, bargs, shumpert, dalembert and other trash.

Drafted porzingus and grant, signed Lopez and afflalo at reasonable market value before the cap jump, got Williams on a low contract and no longer has any players under bad contracts...

Oh and the O'quinn signing was underrated.

Take a bow Phil, you might be able to save the Knicks after all :applause:

Millslapped
07-27-2015, 12:15 PM
you don't even know who kyle o'quinn is

ekosky
07-27-2015, 12:15 PM
Meh, still going to be a bottom feeder with Calderon as their starting PG.

poido123
07-27-2015, 12:16 PM
you don't even know who kyle o'quinn is

Too young for this thread.

Move along

poido123
07-27-2015, 12:19 PM
Meh, still going to be a bottom feeder with Calderon as their starting PG.

You can't completely change everything all at once :oldlol:

Calderon is still a valuable asset on a reasonable contract. His game will age well and I'm sure Phil will look to fix other holes in time.

Millslapped
07-27-2015, 12:20 PM
Too young for this thread.

Move along
too homeless for this thread

move along

Legends66NBA7
07-27-2015, 12:23 PM
The Knicks are the favourite to win their division this upcoming season, followed closely by Boston.

Pending healthy Carmelo, it should be no problem. The team cost itself last season for beating Atlanta, but other that Phil can do no wrong with the franchise.

ekosky
07-27-2015, 12:23 PM
He's put together a few shit-average players and he thinks they'll stick.

With running such a big market and a lot of cap flexibility going into the summer, I actually expected much more.

Not that impressed, pedo.

stalkerforlife
07-27-2015, 12:26 PM
He's had a great summer.

poido123
07-27-2015, 12:28 PM
The Knicks are the favourite to win their division this upcoming season, followed closely by Boston.

Pending healthy Carmelo, it should be no problem. The team cost itself last season for beating Atlanta, but other that Phil can do no wrong with the franchise.

So many interesting teams to watch this season. I think even the raps could be really good with added depth in the front court, which was their glaring weakness the last few years.

The east definitely looks much stronger, I think we will see both Miami and bucks even better too so what was once a walkin spot in the east suddenly has teams legit competing for spots this year. Biyombo scola and Carroll were very solid pickups indeed.

I like what Detroit is building over there too.

HylianNightmare
07-27-2015, 12:36 PM
I think he's done very ell considering. If this team gels they could finish as high as the 6 seed

JohnMax
07-27-2015, 12:46 PM
NBA Player Rankings: Top-10 Small Forwards In The NBA

6. Carmelo Anthony (http://sircharlesincharge.com/2015/07/22/nba-top-10-small-forwards/6/), New York Knicks

Numbers to know:
10.43 – average shot distance in Melo’s first 3 seasons
14.63 – average shot distance in Melo’s last 3 seasons

Basketball Reference’s similarity scores have Melo’s career (through 12 seasons) akin to Rasheed Wallace, A.C. Green, and Dennis Rodman. All three have won championships as third wheels, not leaders.

imdaman99
07-27-2015, 12:47 PM

Are the Knicks really the favorites? You really have very little confidence in your Raptors :oldlol:

I did think the Knicks sucked at tanking at the end, but I am very excited with the Porzingis pick + trade for Grant. The one bad move Phil made was trading for Calderon, who he thought would be a good piece for the triangle. He still could be, but he is horrible on defense and I am counting the days till he retires/leaves/gets traded.

Yoda
07-27-2015, 12:47 PM
Fallen, the mighty has.

Legends66NBA7
07-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Are the Knicks really the favorites? You really have very little confidence in your Raptors :oldlol:

I did think the Knicks sucked at tanking at the end, but I am very excited with the Porzingis pick + trade for Grant. The one bad move Phil made was trading for Calderon, who he thought would be a good piece for the triangle. He still could be, but he is horrible on defense and I am counting the days till he retires/leaves/gets traded.

For me, it's more how value the teams that have the best player or coaches.

Knicks have an okay roster, but a top 5-10 player at his position and top 10 overall in the league. Healthy Melo should be more than enough now that he has rim protectors and decent enough wing defense.

Same thing with the Nets, okay roster but a Top 10 player at his position in Brook Lopez (healthy). Lionel Hollins you can argue is a Top 10 coach too.

Celtics have a huge collection of players and while they don't have a Top 10 player at their position, but hey do have Brad Stevens as a Top 10 coach and they were so much better when they traded Rondo.

Raptors don't have any of that. They don't have a Top 10 player at their postion, they probably have low end stars hovering just inside the Top 15 and might decline further . They arguably have the worst coach in the game, bottom 5 no question. They made trades and moves that would probably predict trading some of their starters for more future assets if they start off on the wrong foot. It has a very similar feel to the 08/09 season. The only reason I can see them compete is if the other teams were injured.

Knicks are in a good position if Proz can develop nicely. They'll have cap room in the future on top of it.

WorldWarriors
07-27-2015, 01:15 PM
How do Knicks fans feel about D-Fish's coaching. I see a lot of commentary on Phil but nothing about Fish. Is he the right fit as coach for this team?

Legends66NBA7
07-27-2015, 01:24 PM
How do Knicks fans feel about D-Fish's coaching. I see a lot of commentary on Phil but nothing about Fish. Is he the right fit as coach for this team?

He's also key on whether this team will be good or not. If he learns from his sophomore season, Knicks should get the division easily. He does have the best individual talent in the same division.

imdaman99
07-27-2015, 01:37 PM
He's also key on whether this team will be good or not. If he learns from his sophomore season, Knicks should get the division easily. He does have the best individual talent in the same division.
Fish is an incomplete. There were certain moments (early obviously) where I watched and wondered why he had Amare in at the end of the game when the Knicks needed a stop at the end of the game. So he did not impress anyone, but then again we know the talent was not there. I thought he was a good on court coach in his career so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. He better not be inept this year though.

WorldWarriors
07-27-2015, 02:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was just curious don't hear much about his coaching.

MellowYellow
07-27-2015, 10:56 PM
He was pretty terrible, lots of winnable games early in the season lost due to his coaching decisions. I hope he has learned a bit though, and that with more to work with he can become better.

RRR3
07-27-2015, 11:09 PM
For me, it's more how value the teams that have the best player or coaches.

Knicks have an okay roster, but a top 5-10 player at his position and top 10 overall in the league. Healthy Melo should be more than enough now that he has rim protectors and decent enough wing defense.

Same thing with the Nets, okay roster but a Top 10 player at his position in Brook Lopez (healthy). Lionel Hollins you can argue is a Top 10 coach too.

Celtics have a huge collection of players and while they don't have a Top 10 player at their position, but hey do have Brad Stevens as a Top 10 coach and they were so much better when they traded Rondo.

Raptors don't have any of that. They don't have a Top 10 player at their postion, they probably have low end stars hovering just inside the Top 15 and might decline further . They arguably have the worst coach in the game, bottom 5 no question. They made trades and moves that would probably predict trading some of their starters for more future assets if they start off on the wrong foot. It has a very similar feel to the 08/09 season. The only reason I can see them compete is if the other teams were injured.

Knicks are in a good position if Proz can develop nicely. They'll have cap room in the future on top of it.
Lowry and DeRozan could easily be argued for top 10 at their positions. Maybe Carroll as well if he keeps improving

L.A. Jazz
07-28-2015, 01:45 AM
Its like Stephen A Smith said: its not about what his doing, it is about what he is saying. he said one Thing and did the other. thats classic PJ, he was doing that all his Coaching career. but as GM you shouldnt do that. because unlike a Coach you cant back it up by winning the next day. it takes time.

all in all his direction may be right, but he cleared ship the easy way by trading the Players for nothing, because he couldnt think someone would pay a Cent for them. thats not how the NBA works. almost everyone is worth something and if you work hard you get something in return.

longtime lurker
07-28-2015, 01:57 AM

:yaohappy: I don't know how you can say this with a straight face. The Knicks were the 3rd worst team in the NBA last season. Who did the Raps lose? Vasquez and Amir Johnson? Knicks are Carmelo surrounded by a bunch of role players. Other than trading Tim Hardaway for Jerian Grant all of Phil Jackson's moves have ranged from meh to yawn.

Legends66NBA7
07-28-2015, 02:50 PM
Lowry and DeRozan could be top 10 if they revert back to their 14 forms. They need to be on the same page, though. I'm not sure about Carroll yet. What holds them and the rest of the team back is a bottom 5 coach in the league.

Knicks have Melo surrounded by rim protectors and enough talent to compete for the division title. It's a weak division at that, so the best talent in the same division who is the supposed "best scorer" in the game should take this team to the title no problem.

smoovegittar
07-28-2015, 04:46 PM
I've trusted in Jax all along... although I always take what he "allows" out to the media with a grain of salt. Loves messing with people's heads. Loyal to Red, and knows if he even brings this franchise to respectability, he's done what he was hired for.

He was handed a hot shit mess. I think he's done very well getting rid of most of the trash. Not too thrilled with the Caldy signing, but they'll find another home for him I believe.

I think Zinger and Grant was a home run, and he got defense-first guys to give Melo that good feeling back. We have some size now as well, which is gonna be a plus. As far as coach Fish, this is the year he has to show some ability. I've still got his back. Last year was a fiasco; a write-off.

NY makes the post season; I'll be very happy to see the new guys get some burn. I'm pretty excited for the season to begin - whatever happens, it will be fun to watch.

WorldWarriors
07-28-2015, 05:10 PM
He was pretty terrible, lots of winnable games early in the season lost due to his coaching decisions. I hope he has learned a bit though, and that with more to work with he can become better.

I'm gonna try to watch more NY games this season.