PDA

View Full Version : 90s vs 00s all time great. Who wins?!

imnew09
07-27-2015, 09:40 PM
90s

MJ
StockTon
Malone
The Dream
Charles B

00s

Kobe
Kidd
Shaq
KG
Timmy

Or propose a better lineup. No trolls.
Id take 00s!

RRR3
07-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Do you know what a small forward is?

SouBeachTalents
07-27-2015, 09:44 PM
90's
PG: Stockton
SG: Jordan
SF: Pippen
PF: Malone
C: Hakeem

00's
PG: Kidd
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron
PF: Duncan
C: Shaq

Kobe_6/8
07-27-2015, 09:46 PM
90s

MJ
StockTon
Malone
The Dream
Charles B

00s

Kobe
Kidd
Shaq
KG
Timmy

Or propose a better lineup. No trolls.
Id take 00s!

90s
Stockton
Jordan
Pippen
Barkley
Shaq

Edit: Shaq had his greatest success in the 2000's, so he is probably considered a 2000's player. I replace him with Hakeem.

imnew09
07-27-2015, 09:48 PM
Do you know what a small forward is?

Reported for trolling

Is Shaq considered 90s? Or 00s? He was drafted in the 90s but so is Kobe. I rather have them in 00s when they peaked

RRR3
07-27-2015, 09:49 PM
I think Nash might be better for the 2000s. Spacing.

kennethgriffin
07-27-2015, 09:49 PM
top 10 players all time by the time lebrons retired

- Jordan ( 1990's )
- kareem ( 1970's )
- russell ( 1960's )
- magic ( 1980's )
- kobe ( 2000's )
- Duncan ( 2000's )
- Bird ( 1980's )
- Shaq ( 2000's )
- Wilt ( 1960's )
- Lebron ( 2000's )

RRR3
07-27-2015, 09:50 PM
Reported for trolling

Is Shaq considered 90s? Or 00s? He was drafted in the 90s but so is Kobe. I rather have them in 00s when they peaked
How am I trolling? You're an idiot if you think those are optimal starting lineups.

RRR3
07-27-2015, 09:51 PM
top 10 players all time by the time lebrons retired

- Jordan ( 1990's )
- kareem ( 1970's )
- russell ( 1960's )
- magic ( 1980's )
- kobe ( 2000's )
- Duncan ( 2000's )
- Bird ( 1980's )
- Shaq ( 2000's )
- Wilt ( 1960's )
- Lebron ( 2000's )
Kobe was number two on your list the other day. Lol at him fluctuating depending on how much of a troll you feel like being.

Also I like how you can predict LeBrons career.

imnew09
07-27-2015, 09:59 PM
Kobe was number two on your list the other day. Lol at him fluctuating depending on how much of a troll you feel like being.

No one likes you dude al you do is come in and bash on kobe. Gtfo .you deserve nothing but a ban

kennethgriffin
07-27-2015, 10:00 PM

where does it say "#1-#10 or 1. to 10."

heres a list of pizza ingredients

pepperoni
sausage
green peppers
olives
onions
bacon
tomato sauce
dough

is this now a ranking for the best ingredients ... or just a list

:confusedshrug:

RRR3
07-27-2015, 10:01 PM
No one likes you dude al you do is come in and bash on kobe. Gtfo .you deserve nothing but a ban
Haven't bashed Kobe much lately dumbass. I am far more fair to Kobe than you are to Bran.

RRR3
07-27-2015, 10:02 PM

pepperoni
sausage
green peppers
olives
onions
bacon
tomato sauce
dough

All right what's your order?

Legends66NBA7
07-27-2015, 10:06 PM
Shaq and Duncan would be too redundant in the post. It work better wwith Duncan/Dirk or Shaq/KG or Duncan/KG etc...

Might get hate for this, but I would rather Chauncey Billups out there for spacing over any other PG's. He would fit better if guys like Kobe or LeBron dominate the ball in the hypothetical lineups. Doesn't mean I'm saying he's better, but it works better.

As for the 90's, Stockton/Malone works better. Other than that, I wouldn't change much.

RRR3
07-27-2015, 10:54 PM
Shaq and Duncan would be too redundant in the post. It work better wwith Duncan/Dirk or Shaq/KG or Duncan/KG etc...

Might get hate for this, but I would rather Chauncey Billups out there for spacing over any other PG's. He would fit better if guys like Kobe or LeBron dominate the ball in the hypothetical lineups. Doesn't mean I'm saying he's better, but it works better.

As for the 90's, Stockton/Malone works better. Other than that, I wouldn't change much.
Nash is the best for spacing. Why not him?

Legends66NBA7
07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Nash is the best for spacing. Why not him?

He's a good choice too, but I like Chauncey for defense too in this case. His size would probably bother smaller PG's when he posts up on offense.

Real14
07-27-2015, 10:59 PM
00s

Iverson
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq

90s

Isiah
Jordan
Pippen
Malone
Hakeem

90S will win.

SouBeachTalents
07-27-2015, 11:02 PM
00s

Iverson
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq

90s

Isiah
Jordan
Pippen
Malone
Hakeem

90S will win.

:biggums:

RRR3
07-27-2015, 11:04 PM
Smoke weed everyday

kennethgriffin
07-27-2015, 11:05 PM
00s

Kidd >>>> iverson
Kobe
LeBron
Duncan
Shaq

90s

Stockton zeke was an 80's baller. he blew his achilles in like 92 and retired lol
Jordan
Pippen
Malone
Hakeem

90S would not win.

fixed

Real14
07-27-2015, 11:17 PM
yes, star of 1990 back 2 back champs pistons :coleman:

Real14
07-27-2015, 11:18 PM
fixed

kidd is not better than iverson:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
07-27-2015, 11:21 PM
yes, star of 1990 back 2 back champs pistons :coleman:

Brah, Isiah had like one legit good season in the 90's, might as well put Magic as a '90's PG too

Real14
07-27-2015, 11:23 PM
fixed
Isiah still had 90 and 91. Stockton was not better than Isiah when Isiah was healthy.:no:

Real14
07-27-2015, 11:25 PM
Brah, Isiah had like one legit good season in the 90's, might as well put Magic as a '90's PG too

Stockton had a lot of help from Malone plus Magic won no ring in the 90s:no: I just don't want to put Stockton up there. I would put Stockton on the bench.

Legends66NBA7
07-27-2015, 11:28 PM
Pretty sure nobody at the any point in time would have taken Isiah over Magic. In 91, people were heavily debating Magic vs Jordan for who was the best player in the league.

CakeorDeath
07-28-2015, 12:50 AM
Stockton had a lot of help from Malone plus Magic won no ring in the 90s:no: I just don't want to put Stockton up there. I would put Stockton on the bench.

Even if you think Thomas is a better individual player than Stockton, you must agree that Stockton + Malone is better than Thomas + Malone. By taking Stockton out of that lineup, you are making Malone worse.

The Stockton and Malone partnership was the best duo of the 90s (if not all time). Thomas might be a better individual player than Stockton (debatable, especially if you are just talking about the 90s), but he is a worse fit for that starting 5.

90s

Stockton
MJ
Pippen
Malone
Hakeem/D-Rob (depending on what you want from your C; I actually probably take Robinson here, even though I think Hakeem was a better overall player)

Bench: Thomas, Drexler, Reggie, Barkley, Hakeem, Ewing, Payton, Kemp

00s

Nash (better fit than Kidd for this starting group)
Kobe
LeBron
Timmy
Shaq

Bench: Kidd, Paul, Wade, T-Mac, Pierce, KG, Dirk, Yao

Tough call. As much as I am a 90s homer, I think 00s probably take it. I like their bench better.

ShawkFactory
07-28-2015, 12:56 AM
kidd is not better than iverson:oldlol:
On a team with 4 other super stars? Yea sure as hell would rather have kidd.

Angel Face
07-28-2015, 01:01 AM
90s All Star

PG - Stockton
SG - Jordan
SF - Pippen
PF - Malone
C - Olajuwon

imnew09
07-28-2015, 01:03 AM

Kinda agree but id rather put Kidd in. Hes a legit passer pg with great vision and could defend. He matched up against Lebron pretty well in the 2011 final, now imagine prime kidd:bowdown:

Kobe_6/8
07-28-2015, 01:10 AM
Kinda agree but id rather put Kidd in. Hes a legit passer pg with great vision and could defend. He matched up against Lebron pretty well in the 2011 final, now imagine prime kidd:bowdown:

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/LeBron+James+Miami+Heat+v+Dallas+Mavericks+bEloC37 nLxcl.jpg

Kidd has a below average career Defensive Rating.

LeBron exited that finals once it was clear Wade was the FMVP...

Prime_Shaq
07-28-2015, 02:18 AM
The team with Shaq

bballnoob1192
07-28-2015, 03:22 AM
The Stockton and Malone partnership was the best duo of the 90s (if not all time).
:roll: :biggums: :coleman:

they lost to the other 90's duo. you know MJ and Pippen. And even if you consider bigman littleman then Kobe Shaq is better than them too.

Round Mound
07-28-2015, 03:47 AM
I would use this line up for the 90s

PG: Pippen
SG: MJ
SF: Barkley

pastis
07-28-2015, 05:00 AM
00s:

SG: kobe bench: Wade
PG: Kidd bench: CP3
SF: Lebron bench: KD
PF: Dirk bench: KG
C: Duncan bench: shaq

would eliminate thise 90s squad. even a 80s/90s mix would lose to that 00s squad in a 7 games series

sekachu
07-28-2015, 06:07 AM
00s:

would eliminate thise 90s squad. even a 80s/90s mix would lose to that 00s squad in a 7 games series

Seriously?

MJ>>kobe all consensus
Payton>>kidd Payton glove defense will not be easy for kidd to penetrate.
Pippen<Lebron but we all know lebron would be struggle against great defensive player like pippen
Grant hill>>dirk Prime Grant hill would out run him everytimes
Hakeem vs shaq tie neither can stop each other

Bench player
Penny hardaway
Clyde drexler
Patrick ewing
Charles Barkley
John stockon

pastis
07-28-2015, 06:19 AM
Seriously?

MJ>>kobe all consensus
Payton>>kidd Payton glove defense will not be easy for kidd to penetrate.
Pippen<Lebron but we all know lebron would be struggle against great defensive player like pippen
Grant hill>>dirk Prime Grant hill would out run him everytimes
Hakeem vs shaq tie neither can stop each other

Bench player
Penny hardaway
Clyde drexler
Patrick ewing
Charles Barkley
John stockon

thats one of the worst comments ive ever seen here on ish.
what even means out run him? do you watched dirk 04-07? 7footer crossover, 7footer dribbling, playing PG before he nails you the three in that grant hill 16ppg career

Brunch@Five
07-28-2015, 07:25 AM
12-man line-ups, going by most All-NBA team selections:

89/90-98/99
Malone (10)
Stockton (9)
Hakeem (8)
DRob (8)
Jordan (7)
Barkley (7)
Pippen (7)
-----Shaq (6)
Payton (6)
Ewing (5)
Timmy Hardaway (5)
Mitch Richmond (5)
Hill (4)
Kevin Johnson (4)
Clyde Drexler (4)

99/00 - 08/09

Kobe (10)
Duncan (10)
Dirk (9)
KG (8)
Shaq (8)
TMac (7)
Nash (6)
AI (6)
Kidd (5)
Bron (5)
Yao (5)
Ben Wallace (4)
Paul Pierce (4)
Wade (4)

so we'd have

Hakeem - DRob - Ewing
Malone - Barkley
Pippen - Hill
Jordan - Richmond
Stockton - Payton - T-Hardaway

vs

Shaq - Yao - Big Ben
Duncan - Dirk
KG - Bron - Pierce
Kobe - TMac - AI - Wade
Nash - Kidd

Team 90s has no shooter except The Rock, but would actually be a bit more athletic than Team 00. Also, they have great balance and only little conflict on offense with Stockton and Pippen as glue guys, Jordan and Hakeem as unstoppable forces inside out and Malone/Barkley as hustle guys and bangers. Switch Payton with Stockton and you have possibly the 4 best defenders at their position ever-
Team 00s seems to have large potential for conflict. Duncan/Shaq don't work too well IMO, Kobe/Bron/Nash/TMac/AI are all ball-hogs.

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Pretty sure nobody at the any point in time would have taken Isiah over Magic. In 91, people were heavily debating Magic vs Jordan for who was the best player in the league.

I thought MJ was pretty clearly considered the best at that point, but that Magic was arguably #2? It's interesting considering the narrative around these parts that Jordan feasted on a washed up Magic in the 91 finals, yet Magic was a season from his last MVP award, the 91 runnerup and his seasonal averages were all par with his career. Obviously the 91 Lakers were a far cry from the 87 team, but Magic was still quite clearly tier 1, and that was with guys like Barkley/Malone/Robinson/Ewing/ Hakeem/Nique/ Stockton in their primes.

Prime_Shaq
07-28-2015, 07:57 AM
00s:

Benching Shaq?

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 07:58 AM
12-man line-ups, going by most All-NBA team selections:

89/90-98/99
Malone (10)
Stockton (9)
Hakeem (8)
DRob (8)
Jordan (7)
Barkley (7)
Pippen (7)
-----Shaq (6)
Payton (6)
Ewing (5)
Timmy Hardaway (5)
Mitch Richmond (5)
Hill (4)
Kevin Johnson (4)
Clyde Drexler (4)

99/00 - 08/09

Kobe (10)
Duncan (10)
Dirk (9)
KG (8)
Shaq (8)
TMac (7)
Nash (6)
AI (6)
Kidd (5)
Bron (5)
Yao (5)
Ben Wallace (4)
Paul Pierce (4)
Wade (4)

so we'd have

Hakeem - DRob - Ewing
Malone - Barkley
Pippen - Hill
Jordan - Richmond
Stockton - Payton - T-Hardaway

vs

Shaq - Yao - Big Ben
Duncan - Dirk
KG - Bron - Pierce
Kobe - TMac - AI - Wade
Nash - Kidd

Team 90s has no shooter except The Rock, but would actually be a bit more athletic than Team 00. Also, they have great balance and only little conflict on offense with Stockton and Pippen as glue guys, Jordan and Hakeem as unstoppable forces inside out and Malone/Barkley as hustle guys and bangers. Switch Payton with Stockton and you have possibly the 4 best defenders at their position ever-
Team 00s seems to have large potential for conflict. Duncan/Shaq don't work too well IMO, Kobe/Bron/Nash/TMac/AI are all ball-hogs.

You've gone by all-NBA teams( a fair criteria) but both Miller and Drexler should be available on the 90's if the 00's get 4 shooting guards. I would personally take Hardaway off the team in favor of at least one of those guys. With that said, Kobe, Tmac, AI and Wade is overall more offensive firepower in the backcourt, even with MJ on team 90's.

The frontcourt matchup is interesting, especially the power forward matchups. Duncan/Garnett's length is going to bother Malone/Barkley, but the former two have to keep up with the latter two's transition abilities. Dirk is going to be a huge matchup issue defensively as well, Pip may be the best one to put on him though Dirk can shoot over the top. To be honest, I think Dirk next to Shaq is a better fit than Duncan due to spacing.

Brunch@Five
07-28-2015, 08:36 AM
You've gone by all-NBA teams( a fair criteria) but both Miller and Drexler should be available on the 90's if the 00's get 4 shooting guards. I would personally take Hardaway off the team in favor of at least one of those guys. With that said, Kobe, Tmac, AI and Wade is overall more offensive firepower in the backcourt, even with MJ on team 90's.

The frontcourt matchup is interesting, especially the power forward matchups. Duncan/Garnett's length is going to bother Malone/Barkley, but the former two have to keep up with the latter two's transition abilities. Dirk is going to be a huge matchup issue defensively as well, Pip may be the best one to put on him though Dirk can shoot over the top. To be honest, I think Dirk next to Shaq is a better fit than Duncan due to spacing.

I forgot to remove two players from the 00s squad. The most redundant are Wade and Big Ben IMO.

The 2-spot for the 90s is a bit tricky going by All-NBA teams because there was no one really consistent for more than a couple of years. Miller made only 3 appearances, Clyde was fading out in the early 90s already, Glenn Rice, Chris Mullin, Penny, Joe Dumars, Drazen Petrovic were only great for 2 or 3 years. In any case I don't think Reggie Miller was even as good as Mitch Richmond. Payton, Pippen and Hill would all spend time at the 2.

I'm a huge Dirk fan, but if the game were played with 90s rules, he would have serious problems with the physicality of Malone and Barkley, would get outhustled at the boards. Shaq Duncan and KG would get the most time. It would be epic to see them go up against prime DRob, Hakeem, Barkley and Malone.

If team 90s wins the battle at the boards and goes out running with Barkley, MJ, Hill, Payton and Pippen, they are unstoppable. Add to that the half-court prowess of Hakeem, MJ and Stockton, it's game over. TMac, Kobe, AI, Nash, Dirk and Shaq (00s) are all no dedicated two-way players in the sense that they have proven they will give it all on both ends for a season.

Imagine this lineup:
DRob
Hakeem
Pippen
Jordan
Payton

this would suffocate any team on defense and has two of the best offensive players ever to boot.

jstern
07-28-2015, 08:49 AM
I've always associate Shaq with the 90s. I mean, if Shaq is not a 90s player, then Lebron is not a 2000's player, since Shaq played more seasons. I mean, for 8 years you have this absolute beast of a player. Only years you've know of him in the NBA, and then suddenly he's not a 90s player?

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 08:53 AM
I forgot to remove two players from the 00s squad. The most redundant are Wade and Big Ben IMO.

The 2-spot for the 90s is a bit tricky going by All-NBA teams because there was no one really consistent for more than a couple of years. Miller made only 3 appearances, Clyde was fading out in the early 90s already, Glenn Rice, Chris Mullin, Penny, Joe Dumars, Drazen Petrovic were only great for 2 or 3 years. In any case I don't think Reggie Miller was even as good as Mitch Richmond. Payton, Pippen and Hill would all spend time at the 2.

If it comes down to redundancy, as hard as this is, I would take Wade in favor of TMac. Tmac's skillset seems more redundant when you have Kobe on the team, Wade gives you a different look with his elite slashing skills( though Tmac was obviously no slouch there).

I agree that the 90's overall didn't have consistent 2-guards over the course of a decade. Richmond was a better overall player than Reggie, but I would take Reggie in this situation. He was a better big-time performer and maybe even a harder cover due to how mobile he was running through screens. He didn't have the scoring skillset of the 00's shooting guards but the constant movement wore you out over time, especially in terms of the opposing player's own offense.

I like your lineup defensively, but I would rather have D-Rob anchor the second unit, put Hakeem in there at center and Barkley/Malone at the PF spot.

305Baller
07-28-2015, 08:57 AM
90's

00's

90's win this on perimeter shooting alone.

Brunch@Five
07-28-2015, 09:10 AM
If it comes down to redundancy, as hard as this is, I would take Wade in favor of TMac. Tmac's skillset seems more redundant when you have Kobe on the team, Wade gives you a different look with his elite slashing skills( though Tmac was obviously no slouch there).

TMac has 7 All-NBA selections to Wade's 4, so removing him is no option going by my criteria. It's between Pierce, Wallace and Wade (4 each). Wade also is clearly an inferior player compared to prime TMac.

I agree that the 90's overall didn't have consistent 2-guards over the course of a decade. Richmond was a better overall player than Reggie, but I would take Reggie in this situation. He was a better big-time performer and maybe even a harder cover due to how mobile he was running through screens. He didn't have the scoring skillset of the 00's shooting guards but the constant movement wore you out over time, especially in terms of the opposing player's own offense.

Reggie would certainly bother Kobe, forcing him to run around all game. But he would also be a far bigger liability on defense against Kobe/Tmac/AI. Richmond shot .428 from three on 6 shots in his best season and was a decent defender. Even if Reg was on par with All-NBA selection, I wouldn't give him the nod over the Rock.

I like your lineup defensively, but I would rather have D-Rob anchor the second unit, put Hakeem in there at center and Barkley/Malone at the PF spot.

Depends on what style you wanna play. If you want to play high-pressure defense, force TOs und run fast-breaks, I would clearly go with Malone or Barkley (two of the best fast-breaking PFs ever). If the game is slow, Hakeem/DRob twin-towers would be my choice.

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 09:26 AM
TMac has 7 All-NBA selections to Wade's 4, so removing him is no option going by my criteria. It's between Pierce, Wallace and Wade (4 each). Wade also is clearly an inferior player compared to prime TMac.

Your criteria excludes players that deservedly should be on the squad, if we go by peak play. Clyde, for example, should be on that 90's squad. He spent a number of years in the 80's but his peak came in the early 90's. He was also still very good as a second banana during the Rockets title run. I'd also disagree with you on Tmac, he has one season that ranked with Wade's best, that being in 2003. Wade didn't come into the league till 2003/2004, so having less all-NBA nods is a given( plus being injured between 2007 and 2008). Peakwise, Tmac was never better across the board than 2009 Wade. The only edge I give him is a more diverse offensive skillset, but Wade obviously was no slouch and posted multiple years of 26/27 + ppg on high percentages, topping out at 30 ppg to go with 7.5 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and a block.

If we want to go by your criteria of All-NBA selections, it's a black and white way to create teams without resorting to more subjective 'who was better' debate. But I'm not sure that gives you the best overall squads.

superteamtheory
07-28-2015, 09:32 AM
...some may disagree with my Pippen & Barkley starting jobs, as is their right...

PG Gary Payton (reserve: John Stockton) vs. Jason Kidd (reserve: Steve Nash)
advantage: wash

SG Michael Jordan (reserve: Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller) vs Kobe Bryant (reserve: Allen Iverson, Dwayne Wade)
advantage: slight nod to Nineties

SF Scottie Pippen (reserve: Dominique Wilkins) vs LeBron James (reserve: Paul Pierce)
advantage: slight nod to Noughties

PF Charles Barkley (reserve: Karl Malone) vs Tim Duncan (reserve: Dirk Nowitzki, Kevin Garnett)
advantage: Noughties

C Hakeem Olajuwon (reserve: Patrick Ewing, David Robinson) vs C Shaquille O'Neal (reserve: Dwight Howard)
advantage: Nineties

:bowdown:
it would, needless to say, be the single greatest basketball game (or hopefully a series) ever played...

but I kinda think Team Noughties (4 top 10 players) would narrowly defeat (2 top 10 players) Team Nineties.. but no hard feelings Nineties, it's looking like you'd definitely beat Team Tens...

Brunch@Five
07-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Your criteria excludes players that deservedly should be on the squad, if we go by peak play. Clyde, for example, should be on that 90's squad. He spent a number of years in the 80's but his peak came in the early 90's. He was also still very good as a second banana during the Rockets title run. I'd also disagree with you on Tmac, he has one season that ranked with Wade's best, that being in 2003. Wade didn't come into the league till 2003/2004, so having less all-NBA nods is a given( plus being injured between 2007 and 2008). Peakwise, Tmac was never better across the board than 2009 Wade. The only edge I give him is a more diverse offensive skillset, but Wade obviously was no slouch and posted multiple years of 26/27 + ppg on high percentages, topping out at 30 ppg to go with 7.5 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals and a block.

If we want to go by your criteria of All-NBA selections, it's a black and white way to create teams without resorting to more subjective 'who was better' debate. But I'm not sure that gives you the best overall squads.

It's one way of many, but IMO the most objective way of assembling an All-Decade team. Careers that don't span the whole decade are disadvantaged, I give you that. We could go by a players prime, which would clearly put Clyde in the discussion instead of Mitch Richmond, but also move LeBron to the 00s.

Also, TMac was one of the most talented swingmen ever and in 2003 was as good as anyone not named MJ at the 2/3 spot. His offensive dominance was on par with that of Kobe in later years IMO. In the early 2000s the consensus top 5 were Kobe, TMac, KG, Duncan and Shaq.

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 09:51 AM
It's one way of many, but IMO the most objective way of assembling an All-Decade team. Careers that don't span the whole decade are disadvantaged, I give you that. We could go by a players prime, which would clearly put Clyde in the discussion instead of Mitch Richmond, but also move LeBron to the 00s.

Also, TMac was one of the most talented swingmen ever and in 2003 was as good as anyone not named MJ at the 2/3 spot. His offensive dominance was on par with that of Kobe in later years IMO. In the early 2000s the consensus top 5 were Kobe, TMac, KG, Duncan and Shaq.

Really, the same could be said of 2009 Wade though. 2003 Tmac was dynamic, no doubt, but at his best Wade was elite on both sides of the ball. Tmac wasn't a slouch defensively, but he wasn't the defender Wade was, and while Tmac had more scoring 'ability' in terms of skillset, there wasn't any dramatic difference in production. Tmac only has one season that eclipsed anything Wade did on offense, and that was strictly on sheer volume but on less efficiency. But really, the best move team-wise would be to have both, but that would mean relaxing on your 'number of all-NBA teams' criteria.

kshutts1
07-28-2015, 10:24 AM
As with all of these exercises, I question if we are doing team made up of the best players, or best team made up of great players.

I always prefer the second. Taking fit in to account.

Stockton//Payton
Jordan//Reggie
Pippen//Rice//Barkley
Malone//Rodman
Shaq//DRob//Hakeem

Coach -- Jackson

vs

Billups//Nash
Kobe//Wade//Bowen
Lebron//TMac
Dirk//KG//Webber
Duncan//Howard

Coach -- Pop

I think the 90s big man rotation wins out. 00s are more versatile, and a better shooting team, but I"m not sure they can overcome that post dominance.

KOBE143
07-28-2015, 10:48 AM
LeChoke doesnt belong to 00s just like Shaq, who doesnt belong in the 90s.. Le2/6 was drafted in 03 at age 18 while Shaq was drafted in 92 at age 20.. Shaq first 2 years in the nba was far better than LeBrick 1st 2yrs in the NBA.. 90s Shaq >>> 00s LeShortcut and Shaq was not even consider a 90s player.. I think 90s Shaq was the Better version of Shaq far better than 00s Shaq.. Shaq just have Kobe in 00s thats why he looks more dominant but in reality 90s Shaq was better.. Kobe just made him looks dominant..

00s Team
pg - JKidd - Nash
Sg - Kobe - Carter
Sf - Dirk - TMac
Pf - KG - Duncan
C - Shaq - Ben Wallace

90s Team
pg - Stockton - Payton
sg - Jordan - Drexler
sf - Pippen - Mullin
pf - Malone - Barkley
C - Hakeem - Robinson

I think this is a very close match up and if they play in a 7 game series, I think 00s would win in 4 and its not even close..

ShackEelOKneel
07-28-2015, 11:19 AM
90's

00's

Those teams look much more accurate. I think 90s is overall better and more balanced, but it is close. LeBron would struggle against Pippen outside of the break.

branslowski
07-28-2015, 12:06 PM

pepperoni
sausage
green peppers
olives
onions
bacon
tomato sauce
dough

I see you on dat branslowski analogy wave bruh:applause:

Brunch@Five
07-28-2015, 04:59 PM
Really, the same could be said of 2009 Wade though. 2003 Tmac was dynamic, no doubt, but at his best Wade was elite on both sides of the ball. Tmac wasn't a slouch defensively, but he wasn't the defender Wade was, and while Tmac had more scoring 'ability' in terms of skillset, there wasn't any dramatic difference in production. Tmac only has one season that eclipsed anything Wade did on offense, and that was strictly on sheer volume but on less efficiency. But really, the best move team-wise would be to have both, but that would mean relaxing on your 'number of all-NBA teams' criteria.

TMac had the kind of out-of-this-world games and moments that Wade just didn't have. Also, pre-Orlando he was considered an elite defensive player. I don't mean to say that he had a better career than Wade, but in terms of talent, potential and even actual performance in that one season he was clearly ahead of Wade.

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 05:12 PM
TMac had the kind of out-of-this-world games and moments that Wade just didn't have. Also, pre-Orlando he was considered an elite defensive player. I don't mean to say that he had a better career than Wade, but in terms of talent, potential and even actual performance in that one season he was clearly ahead of Wade.

Defense took a backseat once he hit Orlando, which isnt something you can really say about peak Wade and why I feel that puts Wade over him. Prime Wade was elite both offensively and defensively. Just because Tmac had a few 'OMG' moments doesnt equate to him being a better player. 2006,2007,2009, 2010 and 2011 Wade eclipses everything Tmac did, 2003 being the only season Tmac had which is on par with Wade's best seasons.

Talentwise, sure hes more naturally talented. One can make an argument that hes more naturally gifted than Kobe. Doesn't mean he was better at the end of the day. Close, but give me Wade's ability to impact both sides of the ball.

sekachu
07-29-2015, 12:30 AM
thats one of the worst comments ive ever seen here on ish.
what even means out run him? do you watched dirk 04-07? 7footer crossover, 7footer dribbling, playing PG before he nails you the three in that grant hill 16ppg career

Prime Grant hill is much more agile and quick than Dirk. Do you really think dirk could guard him? Grant hill defensive can't be overlooked. He would give a lot of pressure on dirk due to his quickness and size. Grant hill>>dirk

steelpulse
07-29-2015, 02:47 AM
This 90s lineup will beat 2000s

PG Pippen
SG Jordan
SF Grant Hill
PF Hakeem
C Admiral

Bball IQ 90s > 00s
Athleticism 90s > 00s
3pt shooting 00s > 90s
All around game 90s > 00s