PDA

View Full Version : Allen Iverson, Julius Erving, Charles Barkley, Moses Malone, Wilt Chamberlain

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2015, 10:41 PM
Do they beat Shaq's proposed all-time Lakers team?

Just like LA, Philly would have a pretty legit bench too.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Not enough spacing or shooting tbh.

The Laker team I would put out there: Magic/West/Kobe or Cooper/Shaq/Kareem

I'd like my chances every time.

RRR3
07-27-2015, 10:44 PM
Christ what awful spacing.

CavaliersFTW
07-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Options like Hal Greer, Billy Cunningham, Bobby Jones off the bench.

chocolatethunder
07-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Do they beat Shaq's proposed all-time Lakers team?

Just like LA, Philly would have a pretty legit bench too.
How can you possibly have an all time Sixer team without Andrew Toney? He'd give you plenty of spacing.

kennethgriffin
07-27-2015, 10:58 PM
Allen Iverson = top 35 to 40
Julius Erving = top 15-17
Charles Barkley = top 18-20
Moses Malone = top 13-14
Wilt Chamberlain = top 6-8

vs

Magic Johnson = top 4-5
Kobe Bryant = top 4-5
Elgin Baylor = top 13-14
Kareem Abdul Jabbar = top 1-2
Shaquille Oneal = top 7-9

lakers take it

kennethgriffin
07-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Options like Hal Greer, Billy Cunningham, Bobby Jones off the bench.

lakers bench squad could stand a chance against the sixers starters

PG - Jerry West
SG - Gail Goodrich
SF - James Worthy
PF - George Mikan
C - Wilt Chamberlain

Round Mound
07-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Ill Go With the Sixers

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
07-27-2015, 11:37 PM
I'd rather have the 1998 bulls team than either of those 2 teams to be honest.

Gotterdammerung
07-27-2015, 11:40 PM
A better line up with more cohesive chemistry based on defined roles rather than brutal talent will beat a stacked all-star team every time.

Either Toney or Greer needs to start if Iverson is at the point to better space the floor. Iverson needs shooters and rebounders so when he's in there, and collapsing the defenses, so keep a sharpshooter on the floor.

Moses will have to back up Chamberlain cuz they are duplicate players on offense. You can move Barkley to the power forward spot and leave Dr. J on the wing. Jones off the bench to guard tough scoring forwards, and Mo Cheeks run the half court offense with The Stilt or Moses.

AI09
07-28-2015, 11:09 AM
Dolph shayes and George McGinnis

SHAQisGOAT
07-28-2015, 12:32 PM
I've always maintained that after the Lakers and the Celtics, the 76ers and the Bulls are the best all-time squads, regarding overall talent.

Going with:

Cheeks / Iverson
Greer / Toney
Erving / Cunningham
Barkley / Bobby Jones
Wilt / Moses

And you have two absolutely killer lineups...

I wouldn't put Iverson on the starting 5 so he wouldn't stagnate the ball movement, to have more balanced scoring and even for better spacing on both lineups.
One could've went with Moses at PF but, imo, it's better this way, bench is also terrific.

4 Inches
07-28-2015, 12:35 PM
So many statpadders on one team.
Would be glorious to watch. :bowdown:

Dr.J4ever
07-28-2015, 12:44 PM
I've always maintained that after the Lakers and the Celtics, the 76ers and the Bulls are the best all-time squads, regarding overall talent.

Going with:

Cheeks / Iverson
Greer / Toney
Erving / Cunningham
Barkley / Bobby Jones
Wilt / Moses

I wouldn't put Iverson on the starting 5 so he wouldn't stagnate the ball movement, to have more balanced scoring and even for better spacing on both lineups.
One could've went with Moses at PF but, imo, it's better this way, bench is also terrific.

Good lineup:applause:

Never saw Greer, but Toney is so underrated historically. Most posters here don't even know that Toney is one of the most explosive players in NBA history. He was the total package offensively.

Toney was a deadly shooter off the pass, off the dribble, had a killer 1st step, and he had enough athleticism and strength to finish at the rim. He was not a bad passer and he was a not a minus defender. More importantly, he may be the most feared opposing player in Celtic history--THE BOSTON STRANGLER--they called him.

Had he played for a mediocre team, he easily could have been top scorer with high PPG averages and 7-8 apg well in hand.

Alas, the ridiculous 76ers FO treated very poorly an injured Toney in his final years that ultimately cut his career short, and to this day his number has not been retired, nor will he speak to the 76ers. :(

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-28-2015, 12:57 PM

Going with:

Cheeks / Iverson
Greer / Toney
Erving / Cunningham
Barkley / Bobby Jones
Wilt / Moses

Spurs and Warriors give em a run

Parker/avery
Gervin/Manu
Kawhi/Elliot/bowen
Timmy/LMA
DRob

Curry/Bdiddy
Iggy/Jrich/klay
Barry.mullin
Thurmond/dray
Wilt/parish/boguy

SHAQisGOAT
07-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Good lineup:applause:

Never saw Greer, but Toney is so underrated historically. Most posters here don't even know that Toney is one of the most explosive players in NBA history. He was the total package offensively.

Toney was a deadly shooter off the pass, off the dribble, had a killer 1st step, and he had enough athleticism and strength to finish at the rim. He was not a bad passer and he was a not a minus defender. More importantly, he may be the most feared opposing player in Celtic history--THE BOSTON STRANGLER--they called him.

Had he played for a mediocre team, he easily could have been top scorer with high PPG averages and 7-8 apg well in hand.

Alas, the ridiculous 76ers FO treated very poorly an injured Toney in his final years that ultimate cut his career short, and to this day his number has not been retired, nor will he speak to the 76ers. :(

On point...

You just described his game very well.

On his "own" team, doing most of the work, Toney wouldn't be winning as much ofc but he could've put up like 25+/6+ on some very good %'s...
In his final healthy season, he even got to shoot 37% from 3pt-land on 1.5 attempts, without growing up with the 3pt-line, and playing for a team/coach that didn't emphasize it much at all, not even the league for that matter.

Dude had very close to everything you could ask about scoring for a SG, while being a good passer and not a bad defender... And when his shot was REALLY on? Game-over, no way to play him.

Yea, very sad how that all ended up with his injury and the way they treated him. Plus, just shameful that they didn't retire his number.

Dr.J4ever
07-28-2015, 01:02 PM

Parker/avery
Gervin/Manu
Kawhi/Elliot/bowen
Timmy/LMA
DRob

Curry/Bdiddy
Iggy/Jrich/klay
Barry.mullin
Thurmond/dray
Wilt/parish/boguy

Maybe the Spurs, but LMA hasn't proven that he will be a good player for the Spurs. You never know how the pieces will fit and chemistry is important. Gervin was a minus defender, but yeah, Spurs could give them a run.

The Warriors? Forgot about the old Philly Warriors. Any team Wilt is on becomes a historical powerhouse, of course.

SHAQisGOAT
07-28-2015, 01:03 PM

Parker/avery
Gervin/Manu
Kawhi/Elliot/bowen
Timmy/LMA
DRob

Curry/Bdiddy
Iggy/Jrich/klay
Barry.mullin
Thurmond/dray
Wilt/parish/boguy

Fo sure, those are terrific squads but I still think it goes... Lakers, Celtics then 76ers and Bulls.