PDA

View Full Version : The "lazy stoner" stereotype is a myth and legalization would put an end to it

Lensanity
07-27-2015, 11:37 PM
"Pot makes you lazy!"

We've all heard it. We've heard it from our parents, we've heard it on TV, we've heard it from Government-designed health class curriculum in middle school.

But what if I told you that arguably the most commonly spouted "side effect" of Cannabis is nothing but a pile of ****ing shit?

Weed is judged based on the black market product. What your parents, TV, and teachers haven't told you is that not all Cannabis is the same.

There are indica strains which make you tired, relaxed, mellow, sleepy, etc. Great for night time use. Then there are sativa strains which make you energetic, productive, uplifted, etc. Great for day time use. Finally, there are hybrid strains which are combinations of the 2.

If you smoke an indica strain all day long then you will definitely fall right under the "lazy stoner" stereotype for obvious reasons. However, if you smoke sativa during the day time then you will be less lazy than you were before you lit up.
So what's my point? Well, easily over 95% of the black market is filled with INDICA STRAINS. Why? Because indica plants grow faster and yield more than a sativa plant does. Therefore, it makes no financial sense for a black market grower and dealer to sell sativa strains.

With legalization, anybody can walk into a dispensary and buy whatever strain they want and know what they are getting. NOBODY would buy an indica instead of a sativa to smoke in the morning if given the choice. Therefore, the legalization of Cannabis would completely destroy the "lazy stoner" stereotype and nobody would smoke indica strains during daytime WHICH PROHIBITION ENCOURAGES.

Discuss.

Nanners
07-27-2015, 11:40 PM
http://www.troyinteractivemetrics.com/fp_dev1/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/stoned.jpg

KNOW1EDGE
07-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Relax pot head.

Move to a state in which its legal if it's that important to you

Lensanity
07-27-2015, 11:46 PM
If people are ok with Bruce Jenner claiming hoe but not ok with marijuana there is something seriously wrong.

Marijuana is a racist word used to make Cannabis, the real official term, look bad. The word was made to make it sound like a Mexican drug that all the of them were smoking. It sounds very Mexican and scary in order to scare people away.

Pot is also similar. It isn't racist, but it is used to put a negative connotation to it. Pot sounds like it could be an unnatural drug with dangerous effects. It also makes no sense. Pot? Because you can grow it in a pot? Really? Weed, bud, trees, grass, purp, green, etc all make sense and don't have interview tonal negative connotations directly associated with them.

Lensanity
07-27-2015, 11:47 PM
Relax pot head.

Move to a state in which its legal if it's that important to you

I'm in one.

That's not good enoguys though. It should be more legal and more socially accepted than alcohol and tobacco. Once that happens, I'll shut up.

Patrick Chewing
07-28-2015, 12:30 AM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa219/plcarmstrong/HighKitty.jpg

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 01:27 AM
Soooo... The strain that dominates the black market does make you lazy?

Do you know what "myth" means?

Stop smoking pot...

Yoda
07-28-2015, 01:27 AM
http://www.dallasdancemusic.com/photos/data/500/2899yoda-doobie.jpg

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 01:28 AM
http://sbt.blob.core.windows.net/storyboards/benclarke/anti-weed-campaign-part-1.png

Some deep shit right there.......
:facepalm

Cannabis makes you live longer and can not kill you. A lady lived to be 125 (official records say 120) while smoking a joint every single day. Of course, that didn't make mainstream news but it would have if she drank tea or some shit every day.

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 01:31 AM
Soooo... The strain that dominates the black market does make you lazy?

Do you know what "myth" means?

Stop smoking pot...
You exposed yourself for knowing NOTHING about Cannabis. There are like hundreds of thousands of strains. They just fall under 3 categories: Indica, sativa, and hybrid.

You are an idiot and I would consider Earth a better place if you were underground.

imnew09
07-28-2015, 01:32 AM
From experience, when im high af i munch and munch and munch. I honestly dont wanna do sh** except to blast music or watch a movie

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 01:34 AM
From experience, when im high af i munch and munch and munch. I honestly dont wanna do sh** except to blast music or watch a movie
:biggums:

Did you even read the original post?

Im fortunate enough to be able to get what ever strain I want from legal dispensaries. I have specific strains for working out, sleeping, relaxing, and focusing.

CavaliersFTW
07-28-2015, 01:49 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZk7ZkWCMAAGYyo.jpg

Styles p
07-28-2015, 02:05 AM
my one cousin is 100% stoner and designs things for boeing and travels all over the world makes well over 100k a year and is always high.

CavaliersFTW
07-28-2015, 02:16 AM
my one cousin is 100% stoner and designs things for boeing and travels all over the world makes well over 100k a year and is always high.
Damn, just think what he could accomplish if he wasn't such a stoner.

http://i.imgur.com/c460gty.png

Lebowsky
07-28-2015, 02:22 AM
http://www.troyinteractivemetrics.com/fp_dev1/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/stoned.jpg
:oldlol:

iTare
07-28-2015, 02:30 AM
pretty sure the shit aint too bad

Levity
07-28-2015, 12:44 PM
regarding indica's dominating the market, OP is pretty spot on. Go to any clinic and you'll undoubtedly realize that indica's outweigh sativa strains almost 5 to 1. Ive been to clinics that sometimes only have 1 or 2 sativas, and often times they only have mids (which is pretty much a wasted trip for me)

and if you do smoke, you'll realize that OP is right when he talks about indica's making you more relaxed and arguably "lazy". its a body high that makes you want to sink into your couch. Sativa's on the other hand are a head high that kind of blast you into a fun alertness.

christian1923
07-28-2015, 12:55 PM
I love smoking kush as much as the next time but why do you feel the need to get stoned for every activity you do?

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 12:56 PM
i can testify from personal experience that the op is right about everything except the title because the lazy stoner is most certainly not a myth.

Sativa's on the other hand are a head high that kind of blast you into a fun alertness.
a few weeks ago a friend gave me an eighth of medical grade sour diesel at 30% thc and it was incredible. i assume it was a sativa based on your description.

CavaliersFTW
07-28-2015, 01:02 PM
I love smoking kush as much as the next time but why do you feel the need to get stoned for every activity you do?
OP sounds like an addict even though he'd be the first to get furious and deny becoming addicted is even possible :lol

Charlie Sheen
07-28-2015, 01:09 PM

Did you even read the original post?

Im fortunate enough to be able to get what ever strain I want from legal dispensaries. I have specific strains for working out, sleeping, relaxing, and focusing.

:applause:

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Smoking before every activity has to seriously drain the wallet...Is it really that difficult to get through those things in the sober state of mind you were born with?

Wouldn't you rather have a new car or something instead?

I mean I agree 100% that pot should be legal, it isn't completely harmless but for the most part it is. But smoking up before everything you do? Not good to let it dominate your life like that.

"time to go outside to get the mail, where is my 'go to the mailbox' strain"?

Droid101
07-28-2015, 01:39 PM
"Angry drunk" is a stereotype that didn't go away with legalization. "Lazy stoner" similarly will never go away, even with legalization.

UK2K
07-28-2015, 01:51 PM

I (used to) know many people who smoke on a daily basis and work professional jobs. I knew cops, a lawyer I've been friends with since middle school. I know officers in the military. Old ladies (a buddies grandmother and her old lady friends are always smoking).

Some people can handle it. Others cant. Just like everything else in life.

UK2K
07-28-2015, 01:52 PM
i can testify from personal experience that the op is right about everything except the title because the lazy stoner is most certainly not a myth.

a few weeks ago a friend gave me an eighth of medical grade sour diesel at 30% thc and it was incredible. i assume it was a sativa based on your description.

I get suuupper lazy.

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 02:01 PM
Smoking before every activity has to seriously drain the wallet...Is it really that difficult to get through those things in the sober state of mind you were born with?
not at all bro, smoking is cheap. like a buck or two a joint, max. it costs very little compared to other bad habits out there.

and no i definitely wouldn't prefer a new car. new golf clubs might be nice though.

UK2K
07-28-2015, 02:02 PM
not at all bro, smoking is cheap. like a buck or two a joint, max. it costs very little compared to other bad habits out there.

and no i definitely wouldn't prefer a new car. new golf clubs might be nice though.

Smoking marijuana is way cheaper than drinking, even for a heavy user.

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 02:06 PM
Smoking marijuana is way cheaper than drinking, even for a heavy user.
i guess because its easier to grow weeds than distill vegetables lol

UK2K
07-28-2015, 02:28 PM
i guess because its easier to grow weeds than distill vegetables lol

The last time I was at a bar was at Dave and Buster's in Cincinnati at the beginning of July. I ran up a $192 bar tab for three people. Plus a tip, whatever that was.

You know how much bud you can get for that? And not have a hangover.

Even casually drinking two or three times a week, which I don't do a lot of, a few bottles of wine/whiskey adds up.

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 02:29 PM
The last time I was at a bar was at Dave and Buster's in Cincinnati at the beginning of July. I ran up a $192 bar tab for three people. Plus a tip, whatever that was.

You know how much bud you can get for that? And not have a hangover.
plus unlike at the bar or the liquor store, the more you buy the less you pay

UK2K
07-28-2015, 02:35 PM
No doubt.

I don't know why anyone drinks :oldlol:

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 02:54 PM
I get suuupper lazy.
Because you buy from the black market

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 02:56 PM
"Angry drunk" is a stereotype that didn't go away with legalization. "Lazy stoner" similarly will never go away, even with legalization.
Why? Nobody is a lazy stoner on a sativa strain and with legalization nobody would smoke indica strains during the day.

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 02:59 PM
drinking is definitely hella expensive...that shit will fckin break you

When I was a smoker though I felt it was an expensive habit, even smoking cheap schwag. A $30 sack would last a week or so. I have lots of "I got $5 on it" memories where everyone would just thrown in $5 on the sack that would be used up that night. And that is schwag...good stuff was very pricey.

Maybe the scene has changed IDK, that was over a decade ago for me...

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 03:01 PM
At a beer or liquor store you do pay less the more you buy though...

it's definitely a super expensive habit regardless though...

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 03:05 PM
In 10 years do you guys have any idea how cheap Weed will be? It will be legal nationwide and states won't be taxing the shit out of it because they will want to eliminate the black market. It will also be mass produced making it much cheaper.

There is a medical dispensary in Portland, Oregon that sells a strain for $4 a gram. Imagine what the future will look like. 10 bucks a gram will be the new 20.

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 03:07 PM
http://theweedbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/complete-price-list3-1024x548.png

looks pretty pricey to me...how many grams do you smoke a day Len?

Nanners
07-28-2015, 03:10 PM
At the dispensary near my house in Portland, they sell pretty much all of their top buds for around $10 per gram.

you can even browse their menu online :oldlol:

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/rko/menu

looks like blue dream is on sale, $100 an ounce

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 03:11 PM
At a beer or liquor store you do pay less the more you buy though...

it's definitely a super expensive habit regardless though...
lol that is true, not sure what i was thinking

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 03:11 PM
http://theweedbusiness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/complete-price-list3-1024x548.png

looks pretty pricey to me...how many grams do you smoke a day Len?
It is definitely pricey, I'm not saying it isn't. Money is hands down the worst thing about weed other than being caught with it. Sometimes I get ounces for $140. The one I just got for sleep was $200. I'm OK with it because i can afford it and I know I won't be paying these prices for my entire life.

I probably smoke 1.5-2 grams a day but it can fluctuate.

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 03:22 PM
Len sounds like your habit is roughly $100 a week....$400 a month

http://pictures.dealer.com/ddc/resize/666x/quality/90/upscale/0/ddc/b/berglundluxuryauto/1283/33e39567efee90eccf89b17d2084e63ax.jpg

you might not give the slightest fck about cars but just trying to put things into perspective for you...

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Len sounds like your habit is roughly $100 a week....$400 a month

http://pictures.dealer.com/ddc/resize/666x/quality/90/upscale/0/ddc/b/berglundluxuryauto/1283/33e39567efee90eccf89b17d2084e63ax.jpg

you might not give the slightest fck about cars but just trying to put things into perspective for you...
I have a very nice 2014 that I plan on keeping for a while. Financially I'm fine. Plus, it isn't quite 400 a month. It's been 200-250 a month usually.

I was also wrong about 1.5-2 a day. It's really more like .75-2 a day. I have plenty of days where I only smoke for sleep. I can't sleep without Cannabis.

Dr Seuss
07-28-2015, 03:36 PM
and lets not forget, with all these clinics opening up, they are in direct competition with eachother. so you'll see plenty of DOGO deal (donate 1, get 1), thus, saving more money than envisioned.

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 03:37 PM
and lets not forget, with all these clinics opening up, they are in direct competition with eachother. so you'll see plenty of DOGO deal (donate 1, get 1), thus, saving more money than envisioned.
Yup

I can't wait for the future :banana: :pimp:

nba_55
07-28-2015, 03:56 PM
What's the main reason why it's banned?

Nanners
07-28-2015, 03:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FZgErvNTE

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 03:59 PM
So pharmaceutical companies, alcohol companies, Tobacco companies, private prisons and the logging industry can all make more profit.

nba_55
07-28-2015, 04:02 PM
So pharmaceutical companies, alcohol companies, Tobacco companies, private prisons and the logging industry can all make more profit.

As far as your argument in OP is concerned, don't you think that if they legalised it, since the strain that makes you lazy is much easier to grow than the one that doesn't make you lazy, that strain would be much cheaper. Therefore, more people would buy it?

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Why don't you send me 3 grand through paypal? You're going to get as much out of that as your year's supply of weed.
because you'll send him a year's supply of weed?

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Why don't you send me 3 grand through paypal? You're going to get as much out of that as your year's supply of weed.
I can't sleep without it. It is by far the least harmful and most effective sleep medication I've ever used.

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 04:23 PM
As far as your argument in OP is concerned, don't you think that if they legalised it, since the strain that makes you lazy is much easier to grow than the one that doesn't make you lazy, that strain would be much cheaper. Therefore, more people would buy it?

Nope. Every dispensary I've ever been to prices sativa and indicas pretty much the same. I don't know ehy, but my guess is that they know a lot of people want sativa and don't want them going elsewhere. Maybe there's a different reason though, I don't own a dispensary.

Good question though.

UK2K
07-28-2015, 04:36 PM
I have a very nice 2014 that I plan on keeping for a while. Financially I'm fine. Plus, it isn't quite 400 a month. It's been 200-250 a month usually.

I was also wrong about 1.5-2 a day. It's really more like .75-2 a day. I have plenty of days where I only smoke for sleep. I can't sleep without Cannabis.

I'm probably closer to $100 every three weeks.

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 05:05 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/07/30/inside-colorados-flourishing-segregated-black-market-for-pot/

Legalizing marijuana in Colorado was supposed to help undermine the black market. Instead, it's had almost the opposite effect.

the black market for pot in Colorado is bigger than ever, for several reasons

-the black market is is about 1/2 the price, because the legal stuff is taxed

-it is much easier for the black market dealers to sell now that it is legal, they don't have to stay hidden

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 05:24 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/storyline/wp/2014/07/30/inside-colorados-flourishing-segregated-black-market-for-pot/

the black market for pot in Colorado is bigger than ever, for several reasons

-the black market is is about 1/2 the price, because the legal stuff is taxed

-it is much easier for the black market dealers to sell now that it is legal, they don't have to stay hidden

Yet another reason why we shouldn't be taxing a ****ing plant that grows from the Earth. Dumbest shit ever. What's next? Are we going to tax fruit too? Plus Cannabis even has medicinal benefits for ****s sake.

Instead of taxing Cannabis why not just get rid of the black market and start taxing sugary sodas and foods instead. **** the fatties.

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 05:27 PM
do you think it should be regulated lensanity? like compared to say the regulation of booze

Smoke117
07-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Well...indicas make you lazy because they make you tired especially with the potency we have now. I try to never smoke indicas in the day because once the high wears off you don't want to do shit. The thing is...indicas are what's really popular in the states in general. That doesn't really matter to me since I live in california and can get whatever I want, but in other areas where all they have is indicas you are probably going to find a lot of "lazy stoners".

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 05:37 PM
leafly is such a sick ****ing website

for sour diesel

https://leafly.s3.amazonaws.com/strains/testing/vpiBi0qpSqeL3y2c9nL2_sour-diesel.png
http://i59.tinypic.com/2n8bon9.jpg

Nanners
07-28-2015, 05:42 PM
leafly is indeed amazing.

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 05:48 PM
What strains have the least amount of paranoia? that was what ultimately killed my pot habit, I started getting paranoid when I smoked.

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 05:49 PM
What strains have the least amount of paranoia? that was what ultimately killed my pot habit, I started getting paranoid when I smoked.
as you can see in the graphic i posted above, sour diesel which is a sativa leads to very few 'anxious' thoughts. and i can testify to that fact. though my friend would tell you the complete opposite. a lot of effects remain dependent on the inducing mind.

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 05:52 PM
as you can see in the graphic i posted above, sour diesel which is a sativa leads to very few 'anxious' thoughts. and i can testify to that fact. though my friend would tell you the complete opposite. a lot of effects remain dependent on the inducing mind.
yeah but the paranoia scale is like 1/4th full

any strains where the paranoia and anxiety sliders are nonexistent?

Nanners
07-28-2015, 05:53 PM

https://www.leafly.com/explore

if you want to browse

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 05:54 PM
do you think it should be regulated lensanity? like compared to say the regulation of booze

Well first of all, a lot more research needs to be done. There is still no proof one way or the other on what exactly the effects of Cannabis on a developing brain are. About a month ago the US finally dropped their ridiculous protocol surround Cannabis research so now some legitimate studies can finally be done.

Everyone assumes that weed damages the young brain and it is practically considered a fact. There is ZERO proof. None. If I had to guess I would say that it doesn't damage a young brain because it is simply activating the Cannabinoid receptors that you are born with. However, that is just an educated guess and it doesn't mean shit until we can get some unbiased studies done.

I don't really have an opinion on what age you should be able to buy it until we get that info. Howevet, I think it should be 18 in the meantime. If you are legally an adult you should be allowed to do something safer than alcohol and tobacco. I would not he surprised if research proves no relationship between Cannabis and young brains being damaged, and at that point I think it should be legal to anyone.

But QUIT TAXING A NATURAL PLANT THAT GROWS FROM THE ****ING EARTH!

Nanners
07-28-2015, 05:55 PM

https://www.leafly.com/sativa/maui-waui this one has very low paranoia

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 05:56 PM
Leafy truly is an amazing tool. So helpful to me to help find the perfect strains for certain activities, especially sleep and working out.

~primetime~
07-28-2015, 05:59 PM
https://www.leafly.com/sativa/maui-waui this one has very low paranoia
damn, that must be the stuff for me right there

I've been to Colorado many times for skiing and I will go again...might have a maui-waui blunt in my mouth going down the slopes next time :lol

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 06:02 PM
If you guys ever come across a strain called Galactic Jack I would HIGHLY recommend it for working out. I'm smoking some 20.6% THC Galactic Jack and whenever I play pickup basketball games I DESTROY everyone. It just feels so fun and it makes me play loose but in an energetic way. Great for the weight room too.

Shoutout to the good folks over at Leafly

Levity
07-28-2015, 06:15 PM
If you guys ever come across a strain called Galactic Jack I would HIGHLY recommend it for working out. I'm smoking some 20.6% THC Galactic Jack and whenever I play pickup basketball games I DESTROY everyone. It just feels so fun and it makes me play loose but in an energetic way. Great for the weight room too.

Shoutout to the good folks over at Leafly

I love all jack sativas. Jack herer is my go-to, but pretty much all and every jack is great.

Bosnian Sajo
07-28-2015, 06:43 PM
https://www.leafly.com/explore

if you want to browse

I'm so jealous of you, I could cry...dude you pay 8 dollars a gram from top notch shit, and 100 for an ounce of blue dream?? Unreal. Btw, something must be fcked up cause I know blue dream is pretty potent and that site says only 11% thc. Nonetheless, 28 grams for 100...:cry:

So when you go in there, do you have to have a card or if I came on vacation could I buy some too?

Smoke117
07-28-2015, 07:02 PM

In general sativas are going to lead to paranoia more than indicas because the high is more of a head high. Indicas affect the body and relax you more, so if you are prone to getting paranoid you should probably avoid sativas and stick with indicas and hybrids. That doesn't mean all sativas will make you paranoid of course...but it's a good guideline to go by when you aren't familiar with strains.

Nanners
07-28-2015, 07:17 PM
I'm so jealous of you, I could cry...dude you pay 8 dollars a gram from top notch shit, and 100 for an ounce of blue dream?? Unreal. Btw, something must be fcked up cause I know blue dream is pretty potent and that site says only 11% thc. Nonetheless, 28 grams for 100...:cry:

So when you go in there, do you have to have a card or if I came on vacation could I buy some too?

that blue dream is def potent, 11% will get you plenty high.

you need a card to get into portland dispensaries right now, but on october 1st the new laws come into effect and they will become open for anybody over the age of 21.

so yeah, if you come here on vacation after october 1st you can buy whatever you want :pimp:

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 07:20 PM
that blue dream is def potent, 11% will get you plenty high.

you need a card to get into portland dispensaries right now, but on october 1st the new laws come into effect and they will become open for anybody over the age of 21.

so yeah, if you come here on vacation after october 1st you can buy whatever you want :pimp:
i got a trip planned for bc maybe this winter #jussayin

Nanners
07-28-2015, 07:23 PM
i got a trip planned for bc maybe this winter #jussayin

:cheers:

Graviton
07-28-2015, 08:44 PM
The "lazy stoner" stereotype is outdated, nowadays it's all about the "depressed pill junkie". At least here in Cali it's a huge issue, doctors just give out those prescriptions like candy, I know so many people in LA and Bay area that got addicted.

How is it in other states?

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 09:54 PM
The "lazy stoner" stereotype is outdated, nowadays it's all about the "depressed pill junkie". At least here in Cali it's a huge issue, doctors just give out those prescriptions like candy, I know so many people in LA and Bay area that got addicted.

How is it in other states?
Painkiller deaths are higher in states without medical marijuana.

Dresta
07-28-2015, 10:36 PM
Most of the stoners i know back home are bums tbh, and after living in Amsterdam, it quickly became pretty clear to me that the majority of people who frequent coffee shops (at least in non-tourist areas) are rather unhealthy and unsavoury looking characters; i doubt this is a coincidence.

OP is clearly trolling though; that, or he's an imbecile of the highest rank.

DonDadda59
07-28-2015, 10:51 PM

I knew a girl freshman year of college who smoked all day everyday and claimed she couldn't concentrate or do homework unless she was high. She was an honor student and now has a very successful real estate business in Colorado of all places. :oldlol:

But on the flip side I know another guy in his 40s who sleeps on the floor of his mother's apartment, doing nothing but smoking all day everyday. He had a scholarship to UCLA film school back in the day and f*cked it all up (but he was into heavier stuff back then too like coke, acid, etc).

Guess it depends on the person. :confusedshrug:

Draz
07-28-2015, 11:11 PM
Bout to burn and read browse ish

Straight lulz

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 11:14 PM
Most of the stoners i know back home are bums tbh, and after living in Amsterdam, it quickly became pretty clear to me that the majority of people who frequent coffee shops (at least in non-tourist areas) are rather unhealthy and unsavoury looking characters; i doubt this is a coincidence.

OP is clearly trolling though; that, or he's an imbecile of the highest rank.

You are very simple minded.

First of all, a stupid person that smokes weed is a stupid person and a smart person that smokes weed is a smart person. Stupid people are far more likely to be weed smokers because it is an illegal drug with a (completely false) reputation of making you stupid, lazy, and just ruining your life. Your typical motivated 4.0 student is not going to experiment with something like that. However, the stupid bums who are going nowhere don't care if it's illegal and will ruin their life (it wont) so they do it anyway.

I fall in the smallest populated category which is educated people who know that Cannabis is safe and healthy. I am a very motivated presin who has a good GPA at a good college and I have a very active lifestyle. The stereotypes surrounding Cannabis are all bullshit.

And how am I a troll? If you actually read the original post in the thread you would see a well detailed explanation of how the lazy stoner stereotype isn't real and why legalization gets rid of lazy stoners.

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 11:23 PM
You are very simple minded.

First of all, a stupid person that smokes weed is a stupid person and a smart person that smokes weed is a smart person. Stupid people are far more likely to be weed smokers because it is an illegal drug with a (completely false) reputation of making you stupid, lazy, and just ruining your life. Your typical motivated 4.0 student is not going to experiment with something like that. However, the stupid bums who are going nowhere don't care if it's illegal and will ruin their life (it wont) so they do it anyway.

I fall in the smallest populated category which is educated people who know that Cannabis is safe and healthy. I am a very motivated presin who has a good GPA at a good college and I have a very active lifestyle. The stereotypes surrounding Cannabis are all bullshit.

And how am I a troll? If you actually read the original post in the thread you would see a well detailed explanation of how the lazy stoner stereotype isn't real and why legalization gets rid of lazy stoners.
he didn't say anything about smart or stupid. and he's right, in the netherlands heavy users are a smaller minority and more likely to be completely unproductive. this is what i've heard anyway. who knows why.

Lensanity
07-28-2015, 11:37 PM
he didn't say anything about smart or stupid. and he's right, in the netherlands heavy users are a smaller minority and more likely to be completely unproductive. this is what i've heard anyway. who knows why.

Because it's an illegal drug (it's technically illegal even in Amsterdam ) with a (completely false) reputation of basically ruining your life. What type of people do you think this will attract?

RidonKs
07-28-2015, 11:45 PM
Because it's an illegal drug (it's technically illegal even in Amsterdam ) with a (completely false) reputation of basically ruining your life. What type of people do you think this will attract?
that's the marketing of it. the scare tactics, the psa's, the gateway stuff, etc. nobody in their right mind agrees with that nonsense. but it can have a ruining effect in that it can make you complacent and scratch an itch you might otherwise use to better your life. maybe that's the lesser evil compared to not using and being neurotic or anxious as f*ck i don't know, but it is in fact the case. which is why a lot of bummy deadend people smoke weed. and that's nothing necessarily against them since ambitious driven successful people are just as f*cked up deep down.

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 12:11 AM
that's the marketing of it. the scare tactics, the psa's, the gateway stuff, etc. nobody in their right mind agrees with that nonsense. but it can have a ruining effect in that it can make you complacent and scratch an itch you might otherwise use to better your life. maybe that's the lesser evil compared to not using and being neurotic or anxious as f*ck i don't know, but it is in fact the case. which is why a lot of bummy deadend people smoke weed. and that's nothing necessarily against them since ambitious driven successful people are just as f*cked up deep down.

And everybody is society thinks they are experts on "pot" because they have seen some losers in high school smoking it and heard what their local news station says about it. They swear they are completely right even though they haven't even done a single Google search worth of research on the topic.

RidonKs
07-29-2015, 12:15 AM
And everybody is society thinks they are experts on "pot" because they have seen some losers in high school smoking it and heard what their local news station says about it. They swear they are completely right even though they haven't even done a single Google search worth of research on the topic.
yep a lot of idiots out there no question about it

Dresta
07-29-2015, 12:24 AM
You said smoking weed helps you work out and play basketball: you are a troll, or a complete idiot. Oh yeah, most stoners are bums because of stigmatisation, and not because non-bums like to be lucid for a reasonable portion of their lives.

:roll:

I knew a girl freshman year of college who smoked all day everyday and claimed she couldn't concentrate or do homework unless she was high. She was an honor student and now has a very successful real estate business in Colorado of all places. :oldlol:

But on the flip side I know another guy in his 40s who sleeps on the floor of his mother's apartment, doing nothing but smoking all day everyday. He had a scholarship to UCLA film school back in the day and f*cked it all up (but he was into heavier stuff back then too like coke, acid, etc).

Guess it depends on the person. :confusedshrug:
It does depend on the person, but if you can't concentrate without getting high, then you have a problem. The reason she couldn't concentrate was that she was dependent, which is what happens when you get addicted to any substance. I've had it myself, with cannabis, and opiates, the latter of which is great for getting you through work you really don't have any motivation to do (far more effective, but also more destructive in the long run), but prolonged use of either destroys your ability to concentrate without them - the definition of dependence. Over time they wear you down, and when you take them again, after a long period of abstinence, it becomes clear that you don't concentrate better stoned (though it can help in other respects). Not to mention that concentration is something that is learnt. I personally don't like the feeling of having to take something just to feel normal, but i guess that's just me.

And stopping cannabis after heavy chronic use sucks also, especially for someone who has trouble sleeping. Portraying it as being harmless like many like do to these days is self-indulgent folly.

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 12:30 AM
You said smoking weed helps you work out and play basketball: you are a troll, or a complete idiot..

Clearly you have never smoked a strain like Galactic Jack, which I use for working out. You have no idea what you are talking about, which is OK, but you think you are a ****ing genius when you haven't even tried a strong sativa or studied it.

Dresta
07-29-2015, 12:40 AM

Clearly you have never smoked a strain like Galactic Jack, which I use for working out. You have no idea what you are talking about, which is OK, but you think you are a ****ing genius when you haven't even tried a strong sativa or studied it.
:yaohappy:

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 01:06 AM
:yaohappy:
Please explain why a strain which makes you energetic would not help while playing basketball.

http://s2.postimg.org/92gp7u4ll/Screenshot_2015_07_28_22_03_44.png

Dresta
07-29-2015, 01:19 AM
You're far better off going for a stimulant if you want something to help you with basketball, not something that distorts visual perception (albeit mildly) :lol

Anyway, i'm tired of you now: your schtick is lame, so bye.

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 01:29 AM
You're far better off going for a stimulant if you want something to help you with basketball, not something that distorts visual perception (albeit mildly) :lol

Anyway, i'm tired of you now: your schtick is lame, so bye.
:biggums: :wtf: :facepalm

You think Cannabis distorts visual perception? Holy ****ing shit you are actually retarded. Clearly you've never been high.

It's not just a stimulant. I am a legitimately better player when high. It puts my mind in the perfect state of mind to just ball Instead of having anxiety and fear over turning it over, missing a shot, etc. I'm very skilled but sometimes I "tense up" in games and become uncomfortable causing me to not play to my capabilities. It's a mental thing.

When I'm high I don't worry about all that. I feel free and loose and most of all very confident with the ball in my hand. I am a significantly better in game ball handler because of this. Plus, my particular strain makes Mr energetic and happy which makes me want to run around and play and I am much happier doing so than when sober, which also makes me play better.

It's not like playing drunk. Nothing is distorted and a stimulant won't make me better mentally like weed does. My shooting is the same, handles significantly better, energy significantly better, and I just enjoy playing more.

Norcaliblunt
07-29-2015, 02:58 AM
Weed is so boring and played out, smoke some DMT. Lol

Bosnian Sajo
07-29-2015, 03:15 AM
Weed is so boring and played out, smoke some DMT. Lol

Honestly weed has gotten boring af, but atm there is not much else to do. I need to get myself a girlfriend, then I'd probably stop smoking :oldlol:

It sucks when burning is apart of your lifestyle...it might seem nice while you are smoking, but looking back it's always full of smh's. I'd be so much further right now in everything if I didn't smoke, yall say what you want but weed definitely makes me lazy af.

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 03:36 AM
Honestly weed has gotten boring af, but atm there is not much else to do. I need to get myself a girlfriend, then I'd probably stop smoking :oldlol:

It sucks when burning is apart of your lifestyle...it might seem nice while you are smoking, but looking back it's always full of smh's. I'd be so much further right now in everything if I didn't smoke, yall say what you want but weed definitely makes me lazy af.

Your opinion based on your experience not even knowing what strains you were smoking is irrelevant.

UK2K
07-29-2015, 11:56 AM
Please explain why a strain which makes you energetic would not help while playing basketball.

http://s2.postimg.org/92gp7u4ll/Screenshot_2015_07_28_22_03_44.png

I played ball in high school stoned.

It was like playing in slow motion. Same thing with video games. You see things before they happen.

CavaliersFTW
07-29-2015, 12:04 PM
I feel sorry for you OP, you've clearly become addicted to what is normally considered a non addictive drug :lol

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 12:26 PM
I feel sorry for you OP, you've clearly become addicted to what is normally considered a non addictive drug :lol

I can stop whenever i want. I've done it before without problems. I just wouldn't be able to sleep for shit.

UK2K
07-29-2015, 12:30 PM
I can stop whenever i want. I've done it before without problems. I just wouldn't be able to sleep for shit.
And shitty food wouldn't taste nearly as good.

Levity
07-29-2015, 12:30 PM

a little off topic, but regarding quitting. one of my buddies was a daily stoner for about 10 years, and the past year, before he tried to quit, became a daily dabber. so when he eventually went cold turkey, he told me when laying in his room at night, he'd hear the CRAZIEST shit. No joke, he said he'd hear deep dark voices mumbling words he couldnt make out, and children laughing in his closet. His dreams were terrifying as well. Needless to say, i dont think ill ever stop smoking now :lol

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 01:30 PM
a little off topic, but regarding quitting. one of my buddies was a daily stoner for about 10 years, and the past year, before he tried to quit, became a daily dabber. so when he eventually went cold turkey, he told me when laying in his room at night, he'd hear the CRAZIEST shit. No joke, he said he'd hear deep dark voices mumbling words he couldnt make out, and children laughing in his closet. His dreams were terrifying as well. Needless to say, i dont think ill ever stop smoking now :lol
I went cold turkey for 2 months and nothing like this happened. I think your buddy has some issues.

UK2K
07-29-2015, 01:57 PM
Then don't eat shitty food, you jabroni.

You don't know its shitty though, thats the beauty of it.

Everything is amazingly delicious.

Bosnian Sajo
07-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Your opinion based on your experience not even knowing what strains you were smoking is irrelevant.

It's definitely not irrelevant, but you're right most of the time I don't even know what strain I'm smoking...but shit wtf you gonna do when you don't got dispensaries. We still do it gangsta over here, either buy from one of your homies, take a stroll to the Mexican projects, or go down to the hood on betty lane or mlk and find nigqas looking to make money. They might say "yoooo this shit mango kush; jack herer on deck!" etc, but you never REALLY know (unless you got a plug who gets his shit shipped, then you know). I've had dealers ask me what name they should give the current weed they selling...like really bro? :lol

Although shits still super dank. Beautiful hairy nugs, smelly af to the point where it is hard to hide and when you leave it in your car for only 15 minutes you come back to that bish smelling STRONG. Sometimes the strains a bit weaker, but that's just how it goes when pullin from the plug. Oh and purps actually purple, always a plus. Too many people try to sell green nugs saying it's purple, I don't fkc with that.

Nanners
07-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Then don't eat shitty food, you jabroni.

jabroni.... cool word

Dresta
07-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Tis addictive, though it takes persistent abuse to become dependent. DSM-V has even included 'cannabis withdrawal syndrome' recently. Generally, you can't sleep, can't eat properly, can't regulate body-temperature (hot and cold flushes, night sweats), and are difficult to be around (irritable or kinda depressed, or both).

I don't know why people are still bothering to argue with this stoner troll :lol

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 06:56 PM
Tis addictive, though it takes persistent abuse to become dependent. DSM-V has even included 'cannabis withdrawal syndrome' recently. Generally, you can't sleep, can't eat properly, can't regulate body-temperature (hot and cold flushes, night sweats), and are difficult to be around (irritable or kinda depressed, or both).

I don't know why people are still bothering to argue with this stoner troll :lol

If it wasn't for Cannabis I would get 3 hours of sleep a night. I've tried several sleeping pills but they don't work as well, I wake up feeling like shit, and some of them caused muscle pain especially in my legs.

It's medicine first, fun second. Natural medicine is 1 million times better than all the man made pharmaceutical crap.

~primetime~
07-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Have you tried melatonin?

completely natural

Lensanity
07-29-2015, 07:18 PM
Have you tried melatonin?

completely natural
Yes, of course. Even in high doses it barely did anything for me. I think my insomnia is mostly a non melatonin issue. Something else is off.

~primetime~
07-29-2015, 07:24 PM
your main talking point is that "lazy stoner" is a myth, yet it is the only thing that makes you fall asleep lol

lettuce b reality...the sleep thing is just an excuse to get high, you just like getting high. Just say it like it is, there are plenty of legit reasons that pot should be legal, you don't have to pretend you need the shit to live

LBJMVP
07-29-2015, 07:28 PM
recently had to quit smoking because i dont want to do anything but watch movies or play video games or get on my computer when i do it...

yeah i read your original post. 95% of weed that people without of prescription is what is sold to the public so it's not a myth that it makes you easy.

also it makes me overthink everything and i always judge myself when i do it. my mind is much clearer without it.

drinking on the other hadn :cheers:

way more fun.

CavaliersFTW
07-29-2015, 07:31 PM
If it wasn't for Cannabis I would get 3 hours of sleep a night. I've tried several sleeping pills but they don't work as well, I wake up feeling like shit, and some of them caused muscle pain especially in my legs.

It's medicine first, fun second. Natural medicine is 1 million times better than all the man made pharmaceutical crap.
So you think the lazy stoner thing is a myth... yet you claim you're completely dependent on weed in order to sleep longer.

I think this thread has run its course.

Mods.