PDA

View Full Version : Oscar, Moncrief, Allen, Cummings, Jabbar

Marchesk
07-28-2015, 12:46 AM
vs. all time Laker team. Let's say Kareem is only allowed to be on one team, so Lakers can have Shaq or Wilt.

Moncrief was an excellent defender, Ray provides spacing and great outside shooting, Cummings was an all-star in his prime. Throw in Oscar and Kareem and that's a pretty good team.

SugarHill
07-28-2015, 01:20 AM
pretty good team that would get raped by the Lakers

Marchesk
07-28-2015, 01:23 AM

The Lakers can put more all-time great talent on the court than anyone, but does that make for a better team? Don't other factors matter also?

Magic, Kobe, Baylor are your perimeter players. Okay, nobody can top that but do the three of them work well together? Is Shaq going to be pissed at not getting the ball enough?

I mean yeah, if it's just an all-star game for fun but let's say a lot of money and prestige are on the table. Then what? Let's make a high stakes best of 7 series.

Milbuck
07-28-2015, 01:25 AM
you're fat

Marchesk
07-28-2015, 01:27 AM
The thing about this Bucks team is that Moncrief, Cummings and Allen could play their roles while letting Oscar and Kareem be 1 & 2. Who is the team leader between Kobe and Magic?

TripleA
07-28-2015, 01:30 AM
What people don't realize their is only one ball. So I think when it comes to all time teams it comes to defense and chemistry.

TheBigVeto
07-28-2015, 01:40 AM
The team with Jabbar wins.

WillC
07-28-2015, 05:07 AM
Other Bucks players who would help their cause:

- Alvin Robertson: Would give the Bucks an All-Robertson backcourt and gives Milwaukee another superb defender (arguably the greatest ball thief of all-time)

- Glenn Robinson: This is becoming a commentators nightmare (and I haven't even mentioned Flynn Robinson yet). The Big Dog can light it up and gives them more size at small forward.

- Jack Sikma: Underrated big man with an outstanding mid-range game for someone his size, perfect for those concerned about spacing.

- Vin Baker: During his prime, he was a regular All-Star and could hit the boards. I'm a big Terry Cummings fan, but Baker would be a better fit defensively.

- Marques Johnson: One of the most underrated players today, he was a superb all-around player who'd fit right in at small forward.

- Bob Dandridge: Yet another talented wing player, solid athlete, and two-way player with proven winning credentials.

- Michael Redd: For when Ray Allen gets tired.

- Sam Cassell: The perfect back-up point guard.

- Bob Lanier: Offers size and fouls off the bench, plus an effective post-up game.

I think the all-time Bucks team would have a great mix of talent with complementary players.

WillC
07-28-2015, 05:08 AM
What people don't realize their is only one ball. So I think when it comes to all time teams it comes to defense and chemistry.

Exactly. And this Bucks team would have just that.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-28-2015, 05:25 AM
It's just a matter of roles being redefined. There was only one ball on the Dream Team, yet the ball still moved and they raped. Same goes for almost every other Team USA roster that followed. In the end, give the me talent (assuming they are willing to cooperate).

aj1987
07-28-2015, 05:55 AM
Magic
West
Rodman (yes, he played for the Lakers)
Grant
Shaq

Marchesk
07-28-2015, 06:35 AM
Magic
West
Rodman (yes, he played for the Lakers)
Grant
Shaq

I think it's cheating to be able to use guys like Rodman, Malone and Payton. There should be a minimum number of seasons. Those guys aren't known for being Lakers.

aj1987
07-28-2015, 06:40 AM
I think it's cheating to be able to use guys like Rodman, Malone and Payton. There should be a minimum number of seasons. Those guys aren't known for being Lakers.
Magic/Goodrich
Kobe/West
Baylor/Worthy
Pau/AC
Shaq/Wilt

Included the bench this time.

WillC
07-28-2015, 08:02 AM

Not to mention those players were a shell of their former selves by the time they played for the Lakers. So sure, go ahead, let them use a washed up Worm in their team.

HurricaneKid
07-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Not to mention those players were a shell of their former selves by the time they played for the Lakers. So sure, go ahead, let them use a washed up Worm in their team.

And Big O was well on his way to circling the drain by the time he got to Milw.

I am one of two Bucks fans here and I wouldn't dare suggest the Bucks all time squad could even compete with the Lakers greats. Moncrief fits a perfect role on a team like this. And young Lew was dominant. But TC was a 3 and now you are asking him to play the 4 against an all time great squad. And even then you have Oscar at the point, RayRay at the 2, and the combo guard Moncrief... playing 3? Moncrief was a slight 6'3". Ray is a bad defender and could never guard 3s. This... just doesn't work.

chocolatethunder
07-28-2015, 11:04 AM
I like this team a lot. Moncrief and Cummings were monsters for the Bucks. I loved those dudes when I was a kid.

jayfan
07-28-2015, 11:15 AM

I agree. Or, you get the player at the level he was at while with that particular team. So for instance, if you pick Karl Malone for the Lakers, then you get the old, broken down Malone who played for the Lakers. Not the Jazz-version Malone.

SHAQisGOAT
07-28-2015, 12:40 PM
And Big O was well on his way to circling the drain by the time he got to Milw.

I am one of two Bucks fans here and I wouldn't dare suggest the Bucks all time squad could even compete with the Lakers greats. Moncrief fits a perfect role on a team like this. And young Lew was dominant. But TC was a 3 and now you are asking him to play the 4 against an all time great squad. And even then you have Oscar at the point, RayRay at the 2, and the combo guard Moncrief... playing 3? Moncrief was a slight 6'3". Ray is a bad defender and could never guard 3s. This... just doesn't work.

Oscar was still VERY good/valuable by the time he got to Milwaukee though, let's not underrate his impact even at that point.

Terry Cummings a 3? He could and would play some but power-forward was his natural position and he spent most of his career (and his prime/peak) playing it... Don't get it twisted.

Moncrief reached 6'4 w/o shoes on (someone like Dumars was 6'3) and Ray was not a bad defender... Sid used to do a great job at guarding some SF's and that would be "amplified" nowadays even, because 3's that really gave him hell were them big SF's who could kill you in the post, sorta like Bird, Dantley, Worthy, Wilkins...

They also have a great, very versatile/all-around bench that could've worked extremely well, with:

Dandridge
Marques Johnson
Bridgeman
Brian Winters
McGlocklin
Pressey
Redd
Lanier
Glenn Robinson
Sikma
Bogut
Ellis

I think the Lakers CLEARLY win (at least on paper) but the Bucks would've most likely had better chemistry with players knowing/playing their role more accordingly, while they're also filled with talent.
And I don't even think that Kareem's peak was with the Bucks - rather around 1977 with LA - but he was a beast there regardless.

iamgine
07-28-2015, 01:05 PM
The Lakers can put more all-time great talent on the court than anyone, but does that make for a better team? Don't other factors matter also?

Magic, Kobe, Baylor are your perimeter players. Okay, nobody can top that but do the three of them work well together? Is Shaq going to be pissed at not getting the ball enough?

I mean yeah, if it's just an all-star game for fun but let's say a lot of money and prestige are on the table. Then what? Let's make a high stakes best of 7 series.
Yes other factors matters...such as bench players and coaches...too bad Lakers also pretty much dominate in those factors too.