PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Randolph's First Days in Krasnodar Loko Basket

Braincells
07-28-2015, 11:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxiURdPzks

Good to see he's found some level of international success after his subnormal stint in the NBA.

ClipperRevival
07-28-2015, 11:19 AM
Another one of those head scratchers. The guy had close to elite NBA athleticism but just seemed like he lacked the drive to work on his game. What I would've given to be blessed with his body/athleticism. I wouldn't have wasted it.

Braincells
07-28-2015, 11:49 AM
Another one of those head scratchers. The guy had close to elite NBA athleticism but just seemed like he lacked the drive to work on his game. What I would've given to be blessed with his body/athleticism. I wouldn't have wasted it.

Looked like the summer league GOAT back in 09 when he dropped 42. Game reminded me a lot of Shawn Marion.

Rooster
07-28-2015, 12:18 PM

The very first time I saw him was when he was with the Warriors and he came in and immediately putting work on Odom and Gasol and I was quite impressed. Not only he has that athleticism but he had that raw skills and light on his feet with good footwork. I thought he will have those breakout year when he finally get consistent playing time. Instead he got bounced around and now out of sight. I dunno maybe he will have the same path like Gerald Green who I also thought very talented but had to go overseas to learn how put his individual talent on a system oriented team plays.

ClipperRevival
07-28-2015, 12:32 PM
The guy has near freakish NBA level athleticism. So the reason he's not succeeding is in between the ears and that's a shame. My God, if I had his body, I would be in the gym night and day perfecting my craft. I would leave no stone unturned. But you can't teach drive and motivation. You either have it or you don't. Just ask M. Beasley. Or J. McGee. Or D. Williams. :oldlol:

4 Inches
07-28-2015, 12:36 PM
Time to become the 'Magic' Randolph he was projected to be

chocolatethunder
07-28-2015, 12:37 PM
The guy has near freakish NBA level athleticism. So the reason he's not succeeding is in between the ears and that's a shame. My God, if I had his body, I would be in the gym night and day perfecting my craft. I would leave no stone unturned. But you can't teach drive and motivation. You either have it or you don't. Just ask M. Beasley. Or J. McGee. Or D. Williams. :oldlol:
You need talent and a brain a lot more than you need athleticism. Not that you don't need to be athletic but DI is littered with athletic guys who aren't good basketball players. Just because you're athletic doesn't mean that you'll be able to shoot a jumper even if you work on it. In the end it just means you're athletic. You can survive being super athletic and moderately talented and vice versa. You usually can't survive just being athletic. Even if you have a great work ethic it doesn't mean you'll become an NBA player. James White is a hard worker and the most freakish of the freakish and he is not an NBA player. You can work harder than anyone else in the world but if the talent isn't there, it's just not there.

ClipperRevival
07-28-2015, 12:43 PM
You need talent and a brain a lot more than you need athleticism. Not that you don't need to be athletic but DI is littered with athletic guys who aren't good basketball players. Just because you're athletic doesn't mean that you'll be able to shoot a jumper even if you work on it. In the end it just means you're athletic. You can survive being super athletic and moderately talented and vice versa. You usually can't survive just being athletic. Even if you have a great work ethic it doesn't mean you'll become an NBA player. James White is a hard worker and the most freakish of the freakish and he is not an NBA player. You can work harder than anyone else in the world but if the talent isn't there, it's just not there.

I start with athleticism as the most important factor for success in the NBA, followed by skills. You can always learn skills but you can't teach athleticism. For some of the ultra athletic guys who seem too lack skill, I question how dedicated they are to the game because you only get out of bball what you put into it.

WorldWarriors
07-28-2015, 12:54 PM
I start with athleticism as the most important factor for success in the NBA, followed by skills. You can always learn skills but you can't teach athleticism. For some of the ultra athletic guys who seem too lack skill, I question how dedicated they are to the game because you only get out of bball what you put into it.

Anthony Randolph is athletic but his issues are in his head. He is not coachable imo. Warriors drafted him and he did not want to listen to the coaches. If he got penalized then he got an attitude. He wanted to do it his way and so he has.:lol

chocolatethunder
07-29-2015, 12:26 AM
Athleticism isn't the most important factor, it's a factor. There are people like Russell and MCW who are actually athletic with 39" and 41" verts who don't even use them. There are lots of NBA players who aren't freak athletes and there are plenty who are.

There are limitations to everything. Just like you can't teach a guy to have a 41" vert, you can't teach a guy to have the capacity to be a great shooter in the NBA. He will always be limited by his talent regardless of how hard he works. You can teach someone to improve their jumpshot or handles or passing or rebounding or whatever but they will be limited by their talent no matter what. Just like you can take a guy with a 28" vert and get him to maybe 34" but you're not gong to get him to 44".

There are a lot of players who work hard but don't have the capacity to be any better than what they end up being. If you don't think James White worked hard then you're kidding yourself.

warriorfan
07-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Anthony Randolph was on the verge of bursting into tears whenever he was on the court

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/392435/Anthony-Randolph-mad.JPG

He was extremely gifted. 6'11'' long and athletic with huge hops. He had handles, could drive to the hoop, had a 18-20 foot jumper at times. He looked like he could be a poor mans Anthony Davis but that never panned out.

Randolph was mentally weak and stubborn, he would want more playing time but wouldn't deserve it and then clash with coaches. Randolph's PARENTS actually complained to Don Nelson about how Randolph is being used. Of course Don Nelson didn't have much nice to return to that cringeworthy bullshit.

In games he could have flashes of greatness but then have as many total bonehead plays. The game looked like it was going so fast for him. Most of the time it starts to slow down for the young players after a few years of them in the league, this process never seemed to happen with Randolph.

ClipperRevival
07-29-2015, 09:07 AM
Athleticism isn't the most important factor, it's a factor. There are people like Russell and MCW who are actually athletic with 39" and 41" verts who don't even use them. There are lots of NBA players who aren't freak athletes and there are plenty who are.

There are limitations to everything. Just like you can't teach a guy to have a 41" vert, you can't teach a guy to have the capacity to be a great shooter in the NBA. He will always be limited by his talent regardless of how hard he works. You can teach someone to improve their jumpshot or handles or passing or rebounding or whatever but they will be limited by their talent no matter what. Just like you can take a guy with a 28" vert and get him to maybe 34" but you're not gong to get him to 44".

There are a lot of players who work hard but don't have the capacity to be any better than what they end up being. If you don't think James White worked hard then you're kidding yourself.

Max vertical is a terrible way to measure athleticism. Most 2's and 3's can jump around 35", regardless of how explosive they look on the court. For instance, Kendall Marshall jumped like 35" and he is one of the least athletic PGs in the game.

I think you are underestimating how athletic the NBA is in general. The guys who appear non-athletic are actually very athletic in any other league. How many scrub NBA players who couldn't make it go overseas and win MVPs and dominate? It's just at the NBA level, they look slower because everyone else is fluid and athletic.

I kind of agree that not all players have the capacity to perfect a certain skill. It's just not in them. But I also think that if you have the proper coordination along with the raw tools, you should be able to polish most bball skills.

ClipperRevival
07-29-2015, 09:08 AM
Anthony Randolph was on the verge of bursting into tears whenever he was on the court

He was extremely gifted. 6'11'' long and athletic with huge hops. He had handles, could drive to the hoop, had a 18-20 foot jumper at times. He looked like he could be a poor mans Anthony Davis but that never panned out.

Randolph was mentally weak and stubborn, he would want more playing time but wouldn't deserve it and then clash with coaches. Randolph's PARENTS actually complained to Don Nelson about how Randolph is being used. Of course Don Nelson didn't have much nice to return to that cringeworthy bullshit.

In games he could have flashes of greatness but then have as many total bonehead plays. The game looked like it was going so fast for him. Most of the time it starts to slow down for the young players after a few years of them in the league, this process never seemed to happen with Randolph.

Yup. All between the ears. That is really the only way to explain how a guy this blessed can screw it up. I always remember the special athletes and wonder why they never made it. He is one of them.

chocolatethunder
07-29-2015, 10:40 AM
Max vertical is a terrible way to measure athleticism. Most 2's and 3's can jump around 35", regardless of how explosive they look on the court. For instance, Kendall Marshall jumped like 35" and he is one of the least athletic PGs in the game.

I think you are underestimating how athletic the NBA is in general. The guys who appear non-athletic are actually very athletic in any other league. How many scrub NBA players who couldn't make it go overseas and win MVPs and dominate? It's just at the NBA level, they look slower because everyone else is fluid and athletic.

I kind of agree that not all players have the capacity to perfect a certain skill. It's just not in them. But I also think that if you have the proper coordination along with the raw tools, you should be able to polish most bball skills.
I used max very because it's a measurable that is quantifiable. Im not underestimating anything about athleticism, I've played with and against lots of NBA players and countless overseas players. Plenty of the guys who play overseas are just as athletic they are just less skilled (a league guys not the b and c guys but some of them were crazy athletic too). Athleticism inla just one component just as dribbling and shooting and other things are. They can all be developed to a certain degree but each person will have their limits. The fact is that just because you are a great athlete it doesn't mean that you can become a great ball handler or jump shooter. Jump shots can be improved but you can't make Ricky Rubio into Ray Allen. Just the same you can't make Kyle Anderson into Vince Carter. You also can't teach someone to be a smart player. Some guys are just stupid as dirt. You need to be good at more than one thing. Some guys can just shoot but can't get their shot off. Some guys are athletic but can dribble or shoot. Some guys have awesome handles but are morons and can't pass or play to safe their lives. It's a combination of things not just one thing.

ClipperRevival
07-29-2015, 10:58 AM
I used max very because it's a measurable that is quantifiable. Im not underestimating anything about athleticism, I've played with and against lots of NBA players and countless overseas players. Plenty of the guys who play overseas are just as athletic they are just less skilled (a league guys not the b and c guys but some of them were crazy athletic too). Athleticism inla just one component just as dribbling and shooting and other things are. They can all be developed to a certain degree but each person will have their limits. The fact is that just because you are a great athlete it doesn't mean that you can become a great ball handler or jump shooter. Jump shots can be improved but you can't make Ricky Rubio into Ray Allen. Just the same you can't make Kyle Anderson into Vince Carter. You also can't teach someone to be a smart player. Some guys are just stupid as dirt. You need to be good at more than one thing. Some guys can just shoot but can't get their shot off. Some guys are athletic but can dribble or shoot. Some guys have awesome handles but are morons and can't pass or play to safe their lives. It's a combination of things not just one thing.

I see what you're saying. Personally, I look for rare athleticism first and foremost. If I were running a team, that would be my draft approach. You can always teach skills (to some extent as you explained) but you can't teach athleticism. I want length/athleticism.

chocolatethunder
07-29-2015, 11:07 AM
I see what you're saying. Personally, I look for rare athleticism first and foremost. If I were running a team, that would be my draft approach. You can always teach skills (to some extent as you explained) but you can't teach athleticism. I want length/athleticism.
In my experience ( from playing with and against NBA/overseas players) is that you can teach all of it to some extent and none is really more important than the other.

Thorpesaurous
07-29-2015, 11:57 AM
Randolph looked really good in the PanAm games.

There's a solid chance that his problem is somewhere between mental ability and just maturity. But there is another option that I point out all the time. Some guys just aren't suited to not being The Man on their team. He was given that chance to a degree in the NBA, but he just isn't good enough to be The Man, and doesn't seem to understand the smaller parts of the game that would allow him to excel as a third option on a good team, which probably is where he belongs. Usually guys like this I like as 6th men, where they can run in stretches as the best player. But his game is almost too weird for that. He's not a traditional scorer, or post player, or ball handling or shooting type. He's more of a weird mismatch type of guy, and that's hard to push into a sixth man role, because in limited minutes it's hard to develop that mismatch into something meaningful.

From what I saw though he looked really good in the Pan Am games. And he basically was running as the primary focus on offense. If I were a really bad team, I'd seriously consider signing him just to see what happens. At 26 he's still plenty young enough to be a factor moving forward, but possibly old enough to have matured into something a good coach can work with. And if given the chance to have the ball and do things, you could possibly work him into a trade chip. We've seen much worse players put up numbers and make themselves look valuable enough to become trade targets for contenders on lesser teams.

ClipperRevival
07-29-2015, 12:00 PM
In my experience ( from playing with and against NBA/overseas players) is that you can teach all of it to some extent and none is really more important than the other.

What's the highest level of ball you played and what position?

WorldWarriors
07-29-2015, 12:02 PM

Yes. And a lot of fans blamed Nellie for his attitude. I always thought this guy was in his own world when he played for the Warriors.

I wish him well though. Hate to see such talent wasted.

Braincells
07-29-2015, 12:06 PM
Randolph looked really good in the PanAm games.

There's a solid chance that his problem is somewhere between mental ability and just maturity. But there is another option that I point out all the time. Some guys just aren't suited to not being The Man on their team. He was given that chance to a degree in the NBA, but he just isn't good enough to be The Man, and doesn't seem to understand the smaller parts of the game that would allow him to excel as a third option on a good team, which probably is where he belongs. Usually guys like this I like as 6th men, where they can run in stretches as the best player. But his game is almost too weird for that. He's not a traditional scorer, or post player, or ball handling or shooting type. He's more of a weird mismatch type of guy, and that's hard to push into a sixth man role, because in limited minutes it's hard to develop that mismatch into something meaningful.

From what I saw though he looked really good in the Pan Am games. And he basically was running as the primary focus on offense. If I were a really bad team, I'd seriously consider signing him just to see what happens. At 26 he's still plenty young enough to be a factor moving forward, but possibly old enough to have matured into something a good coach can work with. And if given the chance to have the ball and do things, you could possibly work him into a trade chip. We've seen much worse players put up numbers and make themselves look valuable enough to become trade targets for contenders on lesser teams.

I hope he gets a chance to redeem himself and show that he's capable of playing team ball in the NBA. DeMarre Carroll is an example of a player who peaked really late at 28. Randolph still has a great opportunity to develop into a 15/8 guy.

chocolatethunder
07-29-2015, 02:19 PM
What's the highest level of ball you played and what position?
Just summer league. I didn't start playing basketball until I was out of high school. I was a shooting guard in our leagues. I played with and against guys who were decent NBA players and some who sucked (in the NBA) and some guys who were very good DI players and very good overseas players. I cannot jump even a lick but I could move enough to get a shot off and can shoot well enough. I'm 43 and haven't been able to play basketball since I was about 34 or 35. I randomly started playing basketball after high school and just ended up tattooing a bunch of basketball players and just started playing in leagues with them and then having my own team. There is no way in hell I could have ever been a DI player even if I played from birth. DIII or a shitty DII school sure. In a bizarre twist of events I became a runner after basketball and did earn a running scholarship to a DII school at age 38. I didn't take the scholarship because it just didn't work for me.

ClipperRevival
07-29-2015, 03:45 PM
Just summer league. I didn't start playing basketball until I was out of high school. I was a shooting guard in our leagues. I played with and against guys who were decent NBA players and some who sucked (in the NBA) and some guys who were very good DI players and very good overseas players. I cannot jump even a lick but I could move enough to get a shot off and can shoot well enough. I'm 43 and haven't been able to play basketball since I was about 34 or 35. I randomly started playing basketball after high school and just ended up tattooing a bunch of basketball players and just started playing in leagues with them and then having my own team. There is no way in hell I could have ever been a DI player even if I played from birth. DIII or a shitty DII school sure. In a bizarre twist of events I became a runner after basketball and did earn a running scholarship to a DII school at age 38. I didn't take the scholarship because it just didn't work for me.

What do you mean by "summer league"? Not the ones they have for Las Vegas for the NBA in the summer do you? How tall are you? That's pretty crazy that you were able to play at a high level given the fact that you started playing after high school and that you weren't that athletic.

I've been playing full time since I was 15 and I'm 38 now, so that's 23 straight years of balling. I can beat most people in this world due to my advanced skills but at only 5'8", the highest level I could get to was high school basketball.

chocolatethunder
07-29-2015, 10:15 PM
What do you mean by "summer league"? Not the ones they have for Las Vegas for the NBA in the summer do you? How tall are you? That's pretty crazy that you were able to play at a high level given the fact that you started playing after high school and that you weren't that athletic.

I've been playing full time since I was 15 and I'm 38 now, so that's 23 straight years of balling. I can beat most people in this world due to my advanced skills but at only 5'8", the highest level I could get to was high school basketball.
Oh Jesus nah man just local summer leagues. Haha NBA summer league not in a million years. Im the same height as Nelson, 5'11.5" barefoot. My handle was never good enough to play PG but I can pass fairly well. In pickup games when there was no tight D I would play PG but in a real game id get stripped with the quickness.

Euroleague
07-29-2015, 10:43 PM

James White's athleticism is super overrated. He's nothing but a long jumper.

In Europe he absolutely can't guard anyone and he's slow as living hell. He's barely even at the level of a mediocre player for the standard of leagues like Eurocup (2nd tier European league) or VTB league (main league for Russian clubs).

Randolph is not even in the same category as White. His athleticism is much more versatile. And on top of that, he actually has some skills and can actually play basketball - neither of which applies to James White in any way.

Euroleague
07-29-2015, 10:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAxiURdPzks

Good to see he's found some level of international success after his subnormal stint in the NBA.

The correct name of the club is Lokomotiv Kuban.

Euroleague
07-29-2015, 10:46 PM

Almost NONE.

It's only in the minds of the delusional trolls in this forum that any such thing happens.

Cali Syndicate
07-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Yes. And a lot of fans blamed Nellie for his attitude. I always thought this guy was in his own world when he played for the Warriors.

I wish him well though. Hate to see such talent wasted.

Yup, nelson was notoriously known limit playing time for rookie and sophomore players. As a relatively top prospect, Im sure randolph felt he deserved more playing time than what nelson gave him, which was why whenever he got minutes he would be in his own world. Basically he was trying to prove he belongs in the court by playing in grain to his talent rather than to the system. Obviously he had talent but it wasnt some generational type talent where coaches would allow the learning curves. I think under a different coach, randolph would have fared better but in hindsight, randolph showed he never had that motivation to make the most of himself. At 6'10" imo he really needed to build his body up more...even to this day hes still pretty skinny, i doubt he weighs more than d wade. To be a pf in the nba, you need to be strong unless you have a solid shooting touch, which he doesnt.

Euroleague
07-29-2015, 10:52 PM

Division I isn't that high level. I don't know why so many people think it is. It's nothing special at all. Trust me.

chocolatethunder
07-29-2015, 11:35 PM
Division I isn't that high level. I don't know why so many people think it is. It's nothing special at all. Trust me.
Well an overwhelming majority of All Stars and NBA players in general played at DI colleges as did many Americans and even some Euros playing overseas. That doesn't mean that a DI school would beat an NBA team or a top Euroleauge team but there's plenty of talent in DI. It's where the majority of the NBA talent comes from.

outbreak
07-29-2015, 11:44 PM
James White's athleticism is super overrated. He's nothing but a long jumper.

In Europe he absolutely can't guard anyone and he's slow as living hell. He's barely even at the level of a mediocre player for the standard of leagues like Eurocup (2nd tier European league) or VTB league (main league for Russian clubs).

Randolph is not even in the same category as White. His athleticism is much more versatile. And on top of that, he actually has some skills and can actually play basketball - neither of which applies to James White in any way.

White averages 15PPG,2APG,4RBPG,1STL in europe and is barely at the mediocre level? He was his teams second best scorer last season and shot 59%. He's not a great but come on he's a solid player over there :facepalm

outbreak
07-29-2015, 11:54 PM
Almost NONE.

It's only in the minds of the delusional trolls in this forum that any such thing happens.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2005-06

Who's that winning an MVP award there? But wait you say the euroleague didn't give out any MVP awards that year? Strange it's on their official site isn't it?

chocolatethunder
07-29-2015, 11:54 PM
White averages 15PPG,2APG,4RBPG,1STL in europe and is barely at the mediocre level? He was his teams second best scorer last season and shot 59%. He's not a great but come on he's a solid player over there :facepalm
He's on a Eurocup team not Euroleauge. He's a B league player in Europe. Not a bad player but he's not gonna be doing that for Bar

outbreak
07-29-2015, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=chocolatethunder]He's on a Eurocup team not Euroleauge. He's a B league player in Europe. Not a bad player but he's not gonna be doing that for Bar

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:02 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2005-06

Who's that winning an MVP award there? But wait you say the euroleague didn't give out any MVP awards that year? Strange it's on their official site isn't it?

WTF are you talking about? You need to seek help with your lying addiction.

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:04 PM
Well an overwhelming majority of All Stars and NBA players in general played at DI colleges as did many Americans and even some Euros playing overseas. That doesn't mean that a DI school would beat an NBA team or a top Euroleauge team but there's plenty of talent in DI. It's where the majority of the NBA talent comes from.

Go find a guard or a big that is a good athlete with a good motor that also can ball it up at your local park and he can make the roster of just about any DI school in the country.

Trust me on this.

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:08 PM

He's nowhere near solid. He has been playing in Europe for YEARS and never even been close to a good team. He's been trying for years to get Euroleague contracts and can't.

The couple times he did (with years in between) he absolutely sucked big time.

There are hundreds upon hundreds of players in Europe that are better than he is.

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:11 PM
James White played in both with Unics Kazan last season and Euroleague said he was barely a mediocre player in the eurocup.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/euro/players/james-white-1.html

When he was with Fenerbahce he also put up decent stats in the euroleague.

Not great but Euroleague once again tries to act like a decent player is a scrub over there when it's a flat out lie.

You are an absolute freaking idiot.

He's a borderline scrub material at Euroleague level. He's basically like serving the role as the guy teams sign after every single available free agent on the continent was already signed and they have no one left to sign, and there are no domestic players capable of filling their roster need available.

Nothing remotely close to being "solid". chocolatethunder said he would not do whatever on Barca - he would not even make a team like Barca, let alone much better teams like Real, Olympiacos, CSKA. Hell, he would not even make it in the 6-8 level Euroleague teams like Panathinaikos or Efes. He would not even pass a tryout.

The best player on UNICS is Kostas Kaimakoglou and when he was with Panathinaikos he was like their 7th or 8th best player. Panathinaikos has been like 5-8 best team in Euroleague in last few years. But there is a huge difference to a team like UNICS, where a player like Kaimakoglou would clearly be the team's best player.

After that still on that UNICS team last year in addition to Kaimakoglou, Keith Langford is better than White, Curtis Jerrells, Sergey Bykov, D'or Fischer, Valery Likhodey - all players on that team last year that are better than James White.

Plus, they had Nikos Zisis up until the last 1/3 of the season. And he's WAYYYYYYY better than James White and for the first 2/3's of the season of course would be the best player on the team.

So yeah, wow, like the 8th best player on UNICS, which was just a decent Eurocup team and nothing more. Get a grip Outbreak.

Randolph is a good player. I'm not sure how good he would be in an actual big Euroleague team (he played last year in a good Eurocup club, and this year he will be in a mid level Euroleague team). But White sucks. The fact you claim he is anything other than that, basically puts you in same category of trolling here as Rooster.

outbreak
07-30-2015, 03:24 PM
WTF are you talking about? You need to seek help with your lying addiction.
I have a source that proves you wrong. Take your 6 month ban and **** off please

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:29 PM
Hell, I just looked up UNICS's roster from last year..........

I would also take Pavel Antipov, Dmitry Sokolov, and Anton Ponkroshov any day over James White as well. All of them are better players than he is also.

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:31 PM
I have a source that proves you wrong. Take your 6 month ban and **** off please

I said that the Euroleague MVP award never existed before the year 2005. WHICH IS A FACT.

You are the one LYING and saying it existed BEFORE that.

You are now posting about an MVP award given out in the year 2006 and saying I claimed it did not exist in 2006.

You are getting just as pathetic as Rooster.

outbreak
07-30-2015, 03:33 PM
You are an absolute freaking idiot.

He's a borderline scrub material at Euroleague level. He's basically like serving the role as the guy teams sign after every single available free agent on the continent was already signed and they have no one left to sign, and there are no domestic players capable of filling their roster need available.

Nothing remotely close to being "solid". chocolatethunder said he would not do whatever on Barca - he would not even make a team like Barca, let alone much better teams like Real, Olympiacos, CSKA. Hell, he would not even make it in the 6-8 level Euroleague teams like Panathinaikos or Efes. He would not even pass a tryout.

The best player on UNICS is Kostas Kaimakoglou and when he was with Panathinaikos he was like their 7th or 8th best player. Panathinaikos has been like 5-8 best team in Euroleague in last few years. But there is a huge difference to a team like UNICS, where a player like Kaimakoglou would clearly be the team's best player.

After that still on that UNICS team last year in addition to Kaimakoglou, Keith Langford is better than White, Curtis Jerrells, Sergey Bykov, D'or Fischer, Valery Likhodey - all players on that team last year that are better than James White.

Plus, they had Nikos Zisis up until the last 1/3 of the season. And he's WAYYYYYYY better than James White and for the first 2/3's of the season of course would be the best player on the team.

So yeah, wow, like the 8th best player on UNICS, which was just a decent Eurocup team and nothing more. Get a grip Outbreak.

Randolph is a good player. I'm not sure how good he would be in an actual big Euroleague team (he played last year in a good Eurocup club, and this year he will be in a mid level Euroleague team). But White sucks. The fact you claim he is anything other than that, basically outs you in same category of trolling here as Rooster.
Borderline scrubs shoot 15ppg on 59 percent

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:36 PM
Borderline scrubs shoot 15ppg on 59 percent

Hundreds, maybe thousands of scrubs have had similar stats in the NBA. WTF is your point? And he didn't shoot 59% idiot.

All of this time and this forum still can't grasp what a 2 PT FG is...........

Also, he averaged 10.4 points in Euroleague and 9.0 points in VTB league and 13.4 points in Eurocup.

You are now just MAKING UP FAKE STATS.

Outbreak and Rooster alt alias troll accounts ---> CONFIRMED.

That's like what 5 of them now?

outbreak
07-30-2015, 03:37 PM
I said that the Euroleague MVP award never existed before the year 2005. WHICH IS A FACT.

You are the one LYING and saying it existed BEFORE that.

You are now posting about an MVP award given out in the year 2006 and saying I claimed it did not exist in 2006.

You are getting just as pathetic as Rooster.
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2003-04

Oh look mvp award. Take your leave like a man.
You actually said 2007 was when it started which was when a greek player won. You also said parker didnt win one. You also said nba scrubs dont win them.

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:42 PM
http://www.euroleague.net/competition/awards/awards-2003-04

Oh look mvp award. Take your leave like a man.
You actually said 2007 was when it started which was when a greek player won. You also said parker didnt win one. You also said nba scrubs dont win them.

You still have not figured out that I know who you are?

Let me guess, you will issue a warrant to subpoena my IP?

Milbuck
07-30-2015, 03:42 PM
James White was a 2x Euroleague champion, once in TBL and once in Eurocup. And he was a 4x Euroleague All-Star as well, 3 of those times in the Euroleague Italian League and once in PBL. Dude is a bonafide STAR in Euroleague. Lmfao at him being a scrub. His resume over there is pretty much Lebron's legacy in the NBA minus a few all-star games.

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 03:45 PM
James White was a 2x Euroleague champion, once in TBL and once in Eurocup. And he was a 4x Euroleague All-Star as well, 3 of those times in the Euroleague Italian League and once in PBL. Dude is a bonafide STAR in Euroleague. Lmfao at him being a scrub. His resume over there is pretty much Lebron's legacy in the NBA minus a few all-star games.

I could troll and lie and make up something stupid like this, but I don't have to.......

I have truth and FACTS.

Giannis Antetokounmpo gave an interview and said he has played his brother Thanasis Antetokounmpo hundreds of times one on one and that Thanasis has beaten him every single time. He in fact just said that Thanasis has beaten him many times just this summer.

PATHETIC for a so-called "NBA franchise player".

Maybe I should start a thread about it just for you...........

Milbuck
07-30-2015, 03:47 PM
I could troll and lie and make up something stupid like this, but I don't have to.......

I have truth and FACTS.

Giannis gave an interview and said he has played his brother Thanasis hundreds of times one on one and that Thanasis has beaten him every single time. He in fact just said that Thanasis has beaten him many times just this summer.

PATHETIC for a so-called "NBA franchise player".

Maybe I should start a thread about it just for you...........
No links, no source....again :oldlol:

The reality is Giannis is a good starter and double digit scorer on a playoff team at just 19-20 years old in far and away the best basketball league on the planet. Spanoulis in the same league in his absolute peak got penetrated for 31 games until he was sent back to the amateurs. These are facts.

Cleverness
07-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Looks like he's driving on the wrong side of the road https://youtu.be/dAxiURdPzks?t=1m49s :lol

Rooster
07-30-2015, 04:17 PM

Minor league legend like Saras was pretty decent Division 1 player. Even Euroleague MVP Joseph Blair was Damon Stoudamire sidekick at Arizona. Too many teams though that talents are watershed. Most NBA player came from major programs. Some mid majors have produced quality players. 2 Americans in Euroleague All Decade are from small time college programs. Also Euroleague MVPS Nate Huffman came from obscure Division 1 program.

bdreason
07-30-2015, 04:19 PM
Attitude is everything.

Rooster
07-30-2015, 04:22 PM

James White was dunking from Euroleague 3 point line.:bowdown:
Also Haislip is still making a living over there.:oldlol:

warriorfan
07-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Don't they use 9 foot rims in Europe?

outbreak
07-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Don't they use 9 foot rims in Europe?
:facepalm

I actually went to the euroleague final four this year, check out some pictures I took.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/1369977063_transl20100524_0887.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41-5yA8hy8L.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/toys/detail-page/c26-B000GKE2N0-1-l.jpg

http://www.produnkhoops.com/photos/albums/rikk-42x32-pro-dunk-platinum-basketball-system-555/kids-having-fun-adjusted-low-pro-dunk-platinum-basketball-1889-source.jpg

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71d5a3RipjL.jpg

The athleticism these guys show is really under rated on this forum

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Australia really has a lot of rednecks.

outbreak
07-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Australia really has a lot of rednecks.
well if you are going to blatantly lie when actual sources are posted then why can't we have some fun?

Euroleague
07-30-2015, 06:25 PM
well if you are going to blatantly lie when actual sources are posted then why can't we have some fun?

You are slipping up. It amazes me though that all this time you actually think no one here knows who all of you are.

Fire Colangelo
07-30-2015, 08:23 PM

I lol'd at this.

There are a bunch of players in the NBA that are not really athletic that have succeeded. Andre Miller, Steve Nash, etc weren't given godly bodies yet they still had plenty of success in the NBA.

You're a dude that just didn't work hard enough on the game like the rest of us here. Work ethic is either there or it's not, have a NBA body doesn't automatically mean you'll work on your game more, in most cases in fact just the opposite.

I don't want to pop your bubble, but this is like the 2nd time I've seen you say something like this and it's pathetic. Quit making excuses for yourself, athleticism is only part of the game, there are tons of other factors like skill, mentality, etc. Don't blame it on your genes, if anything you didn't work hard enough to get the most out of your genetics, which is a lack of work ethic in itself.

Just my 2 cents.