PDA

View Full Version : A bad trade idea!! Bulls/Pels/Thunder

kshutts1
07-28-2015, 12:18 PM
So, what piece are the Bulls missing? Another shot creator on the perimeter, plus more 3p shooting overall.

Pels? Depth, particularly versatile post players.

Thunder? Defensive big beyond Ibaka.

Bulls send -- Taj Gibson, Pau Gasol
Bulls receive -- Steven Adams, Dion Waiters, Pondexter, more PT for Mirotic
Reasons -- Waiters can be a shot creator, even if he is a little mental at times. Adams is a good prospect in the post, that can provide depth while playing 25-30 mins a game. Mirotic can/should be the second scorer for the Bulls, while offering the stretch-4 that everyone seems to be embracing.

Pels send -- Asik, Pondexter
Pels receive -- Gibson, Gasol
Reasons -- Pels get really strong, versatile post players in Pau and Taj. Front court rotation is nasty, now. Ryan Anderson and his 3p shot round it out.

Thunder send -- Adams, Waiters
Thunder receive -- Asik
Reasons -- Adams is a nice player, but he's more of a defensive project that doesn't provide elite rim protection. At least not the way that Asik does. Asik is the perfect body to come off the bench behind Kanter and Ibaka and continue to protect the rim. Is he a little slow, and not suited for an up-tempo game? Yes, but so is Kanter. The trade makes their team stronger, but still not ideal, for today's game.

All in all? Seems like every team but the Bulls clearly benefits. The Bulls benefit by way of potential, and creating space for Mirotic. If Waiters becomes a sixth man type player, Adams continues on with his improvement, and Mirotic expands on a stellar rookie year to average something like 18/6 on 45/35/80, along with that offensive versatility, that's a huge win.

kshutts1
07-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Man, it seems as though I chose a terrible thread title.

It's really hard to get zero replies to a thread on this forum. I normally get, at the very least, someone calling me an idiot :rolleyes:

TheMan
07-29-2015, 02:21 PM
idiot

SOD 21
07-29-2015, 04:07 PM
An absolute horrible trade for Oklahoma City.

Steven Adams is only 22 years old and is already nearly as good of a player as Omer Asik, who is seven years old than Adams. Not to mention, Asik makes 9 million more than Adams.

So OKC is going to trade for a player who is seven years older and makes five times more money? Makes sense.