PDA

View Full Version : Shaq: "Pippen is a bum"

sportjames23
07-28-2015, 04:04 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/shaq-calls-hall-of-fame-nbaer-a-bum/ar-AAdD6z7

Bidness just picked up.

Vancouver-Grizz
07-28-2015, 04:08 PM
I heard Scottie was bankrupt or close to bankruptcy so "BUM" is not too far off.

andgar923
07-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Kinda petty-low move by Shaq.

Lebron23
07-28-2015, 04:13 PM
Ethered

JT123
07-28-2015, 04:14 PM
Pippen 6/6
Shaq 4/6

Indian guy
07-28-2015, 04:17 PM
Typical Shaq. An insecure, oversensitive, classless bully. Pippen didn't say anything to warrant that.

Lebron23
07-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Pippen 6/6
Shaq 4/6

Straight from Shaq's mouth.

He made it personal when he put @Shaq, we got six rings like he was the main focus of the six rings. You were not the main focus of the six rings. Don't make me pull up the scouting report. You wasn't even a factor on the scouting report. It was all about Mike.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/shaq-calls-hall-of-fame-nbaer-a-bum/ar-AAdD6z7

Akrazotile
07-28-2015, 04:21 PM
This is the same problem he has on Inside.

Shaq doesn't seem to be witty enough to be capable of just sparring with jabs, as peers or even friends often do with each other. Just like Charles and Kenny and Ernie do with each other.

If you tweak Shaq, he's not sharp enough to tweak you back. He has to pull out the same old cliche haymakers every time. He's just not really shrewd enough to joust casually.

AirFederer
07-28-2015, 04:21 PM
Typical Shaq. An insecure, oversensitive, classless bully. Pippen didn't say anything to warrant that.
This.
He really did it this time. Still the insecure biatch

zeerghit
07-28-2015, 04:23 PM
Shaq has IQ <80, hes goat player, but he's just stupi as shit, and espiacially 90% of his jokes are ****ing terible

Natureland
07-28-2015, 04:32 PM
I like how not just on here but on other places where I see this situation being discussed it's gone from "haha okay Shaq nice use of photoshop" to "okay Shaq get over it" :lol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-28-2015, 04:43 PM
He swung first so I'm going to swing second and I'm going to swing last. Because I don't let bums disrespect me. Yeah, he was a great player but I'm the bridge, he's the water. He will always be under me. Every now and then he will rise to the occasion to get to the same level as the bridge but when reality kicks in, I'm bridge, he is water, he is under me. Scottie Pippen can't disrespect me.

Damn. Like pouring salt on the wound...

Yoda
07-28-2015, 04:44 PM
I heard Scottie was bankrupt or close to bankruptcy so "BUM" is not too far off.

Deep Shaq's insult must cut.

ArbitraryWater
07-28-2015, 04:47 PM
As usual, tasteless... here, did a thread on their IG battle

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383137

rmt
07-28-2015, 04:52 PM
No need for Shaq to resort to insults (Pippen is NOT a bum). Shaq takes things personally - on the Open Court episode of "The Next 10" you could see his dislike of Nash (that they dared to give him 2 MVPs which Shaq thought he deserved) - and it's not like Nash had ANYTHING to do the choice. Also thinking that Penny was better than Wade/Durant just because he played with him. He wouldn't dare say anything to MJ though.

Charles is much more secure in himself - doesn't get all huffed up when anyone criticizes him. The old Inside the NBA (without Shaq) used to be the best - sometimes better than the game itself but even now it's still miles ahead of ESPN.

West-Side
07-28-2015, 04:58 PM
And you guys still wonder why Kobe & Shaq did not get along? He's an insecure baby. Everyone knew Shaq was #1 on LA from 00' - 02', but as soon as Kobe was becoming a legit superstar, beef happened.

I know Kobe is an ego-maniac too, but no where near Shaq's level.
Scottie did not deserve this; he was instrumental to those championship runs, they wouldn't have won even two without him on the team.
As soon as he won a title; he publicly sang about "Kobe can eat my ass", remember that? Kobe's rebuttal 3 years later was priceless though "Hey Shaq, I got 5 now." Alpha. :applause:

Shut up Shaq.
You and Michael won nothing without Kobe/Wade & Scottie.

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 05:01 PM
And you guys still wonder why Kobe & Shaq did not get along? He's an insecure baby. Everyone knew Shaq was #1 on LA from 00' - 02', but as soon as Kobe was becoming a legit superstar, beef happened.

Scottie did not deserve this; he was instrumental to those championship runs, they wouldn't have won even two without him on the team.
As soon as he won a title; he publicly sang about "Kobe can eat my ass", remember that? Kobe's rebuttal 3 years later was priceless though "Hey Shaq, I got 5 now." Alpha. :applause:

Shut up Shaq.

That's cute but it's MJ with 6 rings as lead dog and Shaq with 3 as lead dog any way you spin it. Kobe and Pippen could settle for and enjoy their side kick rings. The big dogs don't care. They're on another table.

And the words alpha and Kobe in the same sentence make me want to laugh. This is the guy who was scared to the point of nearly pissing his pants when T Prince was put on him in the 2004 finals. Demolished Kobe and held him to 38%fg while the latter cost the Lakers the title by hogging the ball and building a house with his bricks rather than feed an alpha Shaq who (as always) was beasting in an NBA finals . Something Mr 40%fg for his career in the finals has no idea about.

But lets stick to the topic on hand. Betas like Kobe have nothing to do with this thread. Wonder why you brought him up

Lebron23
07-28-2015, 05:05 PM
No need for Shaq to resort to insults (Pippen is NOT a bum). Shaq takes things personally - on the Open Court episode of "The Next 10" you could see his dislike of Nash (that they dared to give him 2 MVPs which Shaq thought he deserved) - and it's not like Nash had ANYTHING to do the choice. Also thinking that Penny was better than Wade/Durant just because he played with him. He wouldn't dare say anything to MJ though.

Charles is much more secure in himself - doesn't get all huffed up when anyone criticizes him. The old Inside the NBA (without Shaq) used to be the best - sometimes better than the game itself but even now it's still miles ahead of ESPN.

Charles is a good sport.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-28-2015, 05:08 PM
That's cute but it's MJ with 6 rings as lead dog and Shaq with 3 as lead dog any way you spin it. Kobe and Pippen could settle for and enjoy their side kick rings. The big dogs don't care. They're on another table.

And the words alpha and Kobe in the same sentence make me want to laugh. This is the guy who was scared to the point of nearly pissing his pants when T Prince was put on him in the 2004 finals. Demolished Kobe and held him to 38%fg while the latter cost the Lakers the title by hogging the ball and building a house with his bricks rather than feed an alpha Shaq who (as always) was beasting in an NBA finals . Something Mr 40%fg for his career in the finals has no idea about.

But lets stick to the topic on hand. Betas like Kobe have nothing to do with this thread. Wonder why you brought him up

Kobe is a beta because of a few bad series? Don't be a fool. He, like Jordan and LeBron, has led multiple teams to championships (2009/2010). By all intents and purposes, he is an alpha dog when it pertains to winning as "the man".

Springsteen
07-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Deep Shaq's insult must cut.

I love you.

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 05:11 PM
Kobe is a beta because of a few bad series? Don't be a fool. He, like Jordan and LeBron, has led multiple teams to championships (2009/2010). By all intents and purposes, he is an alpha dog when it pertains to winning as "the man".

No he's a beta because he was petrified of T Prince. You nailed it. He was lead dog on only 2 title teams in 19 years of play. Why the Kobe stan felt the need to denigrate Shaq and bring Kobe into this thread is beyond me. Kobe was never able to do it on the biggest stage like Shaq was no matter how his stans try to spin it.
End of dicussion. Let's stick to the topic

brownmamba00
07-28-2015, 05:13 PM
Shaq is making this too personal...doubt Pip gives that much of a shit.

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 05:17 PM
Shaq is making this too personal...doubt Pip gives that much of a shit.

Look at their instagram accounts from last week. They got in a really heated quarrel and it got both silly and childish. Shaq always does this though. The guy needs thicker skin. You just embarass yourself when you start reacting like a teenage girl every time someone makes a comment.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-28-2015, 05:21 PM
No he's a beta because he was petrified of T Prince. You nailed it. He was lead dog on only 2 title teams in 19 years of play. Why the Kobe stan felt the need to denigrate Shaq and bring Kobe into this thread is beyond me. Kobe was never able to do it on the biggest stage like Shaq was no matter how his stans try to spin it.
End of dicussion. Let's stick to the topic

Bean was the leader of his teams since the 2004-2005 season. Putting him in that Pippen-sidekick box is hamming it up. You know better.

Shaq was the best player on those Laker teams and was clearly lead-dog, but his attitude and work ethic have always been piss poor. That's why he ain't GOAT.

oarabbus
07-28-2015, 05:21 PM
Shaq shits on Pippen

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 05:25 PM
Shaq pretty much started this whole thing, didnt he? I mean, the Lakers have like 5 of the top 10 players to play the game. No fcuking shit they're going to be pretty dominant against most teams.

scandisk_
07-28-2015, 05:34 PM
Shaq pretty much started this whole thing, didnt he? I mean, the Lakers have like 5 of the top 10 players to play the game. No fcuking shit they're going to be pretty dominant against most teams.

He could've handled it a bit maturely though. It was good all along til the unnecessary insults came. bridge and water smh :facepalm

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Bean was the leader of his teams since the 2004-2005 season. Putting him in that Pippen-sidekick box is hamming it up. You know better.

Shaq was the best player on those Laker teams and was clearly lead-dog, but his attitude and work ethic have always been piss poor. That's why he ain't GOAT.

No, that would be MJ. Who cares if the Shaq is GOAT? That's not the discussion. The Kobe fanboys brought Kobe into a thread he doesn't belong in (seems to be common behaviour here) and denigrated Shaq to put Kobe up, before concluding with the all too boring "5 rings".

I correctly pointed out that Shaq was lead dog on 3 rings. Kobe was never able to do that. That's that. Mentioning the "5" as a reason to prop up kobe and put him above Shaq just makes us want to laugh when Shaq was the one carrying that team (sometimes almost single handidly ) to championships.

Regarding Kobe being the lead dog since 2005, many woupd disagree on the 2010 season and especially the finals. In many ways, Gasol was the superior player. But anyways, like I said, let's stick to the topic. I'm not getting sucked into a long Kobe debate as usual. If you guys want to believe that he's alpha or the GOAT or better than Jordan/Shaq/Russell/Lebron/John Smith, then great for you.

3ball
07-28-2015, 05:49 PM

Bidness just picked up.
:applause:

3ball
07-28-2015, 05:49 PM
He could've handled it a bit maturely though. It was good all along til the unnecessary insults came. bridge and water smh :facepalm
panties in a bunch?

3ball
07-28-2015, 05:50 PM
I mean, the Lakers have like 5 of the top 10 players to play the game. No fcuking shit they're going to be pretty dominant against most teams.

true

3ball
07-28-2015, 05:51 PM
SHAQ DIESEL ON PIPPEN:

"You were not the main focus of the six rings. Don't make me pull up the scouting report. You wasn't even a factor on the scouting report. It was all about Mike."

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/64/6494d9a65195279d35717e6d97375037c34660e076011dc05b cc67011a212df0.jpg

Chuck Daly specifically discussing the "Jordan Rules":

"We knew how dangerous he was. And we knew we had to devise something special.. And so we most definitely devised, what we called, THE JORDAN RULES"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIY_4vIxGEE&t=22m49s

Bill Laimbeer:

"We didn't even think about Scottie Pippen. It was Michael Jordan and the Jordannaires - and you can't win championships like that with only 1 player."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h07m33s

Phil Jackson:

"Don't leave Michael all alone here. It's not TIME yet."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgJhzj4W9M&t=30m20s

This was Phil Jackson during a huddle in the 1991 NBA Finals, showing how the everyday game plan was to leave Michael alone and let him do everything down the stretch of games.

Chuck Daly:

"It doesn't entail me playing you necessarily... it's our 5.... playing... you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gCMWuCdsGQ&t=27m41s

Horace Grant:

"If it wasn't for MJ, I don't think I'd be sitting here right now. I mean, would've had a decent career, but for a leader like that to lead you to 3 championships..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aYOQVWSCY&t=14m44s

Dumars and Isiah:

"Isiah said he sat out by the water for 4-5 hours (thinking about MJ)".

"Dumars and i were on the phone for HOURS, talking about 23 in red."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h05m33s

This was Dumars' and Isiah's reaction to the Bulls taking 2-1 series lead in 1989 ECF after MJ hit GW over Rodman.

Reporter Pat O'Brien in 1989, confirming that Chuck Daly's championship defense was about stopping 1 guy via the "Jordan Rules":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2v0LOhjsJs&t=3m27s

Bill Laimbeer:

"The Jordan Rules were just stop him, because no one else could beat you on that ballclub"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2v0LOhjsJs&t=1m22s

Scottie Pippen:

"It was the pressure. As the pressure grew, the pounding grew. I wasn't able to answer the bell.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h22m15s

This was Pippen in the Bad Boys documentary ADMITTING he the pressure caused him to disappear in 1990 ECF Game 7 - this cost the Bulls a trip to the Finals and the ring - (Bulls would've beaten Blazers - Blazers only took Pistons 6, while Bulls took then 7.

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 05:55 PM

Of course Shaq could have handled it better. Thats the point I was trying to get at.

Bankaii
07-28-2015, 05:56 PM
"A load of recycled bullshit"
1-9 without Pippen.

Bankaii
07-28-2015, 05:58 PM
I don't understand why a guy widely regarded as a top 7 GOAT and MDE can be so insecure about the smallest things.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-28-2015, 06:01 PM
No, that would be MJ. Who cares if the Shaq is GOAT? That's not the discussion. The Kobe fanboys brought Kobe into a thread he doesn't belong in (seems to be common behaviour here) and denigrated Shaq to put Kobe up, before concluding with the all too boring "5 rings".

If Shaq truly cared about his body and demonstrated better work ethic, there is no doubt he's in most GOAT conversations. His peak is already regarded as that, or close to.

We're all talking about Shaq's childish demeanor, so whether a Kobe fan pointed that out isn't relevant.

I correctly pointed out that Shaq was lead dog on 3 rings.

Absolutely, but this is common knowledge. Where did that Kobe fan suggest otherwise?

Regarding Kobe being the lead dog since 2005, many woupd disagree on the 2010 season and especially the finals.

You would have to be dense to think that, considering Kobe led the team in RAPM and Playoff PER. He was clearly their best player.

I'm no Kobe fan, but I am a fan of reality. Suggesting Gasol was better than Kobe in 2009 or 2010 is laughable.

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 06:04 PM
If Shaq truly cared about his body and had better work ethic, there is no doubt he's in most GOAT conversations. His peak is already regarded as that, or close ot.

We're all talking about Shaq's childish demeaner, so whether a Kobe fan pointed that out isn't relevant.

Absolutely, but this is common knowledge. Where did that Kobe fan suggest otherwise?

Regarding Kobe being the lead dog since 2005, many woupd disagree on the 2010 season and especially the final

How about WS? Why have you specifically picked PER in this instance?
Since you love it so much, let's look at Kobe's PER year by year and career wise and compare it with any of today's top stars.

You'll be interested to know that Kobe has only once has a top 3 finish in PER over the coarse of the season. Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul have always left him in their wake and continue to do so. Glad we value PER now:applause:

And you'd have to be "dense" to take the 40%fg scorer over the course of the 2010 finals and 6/24 shooter in the most decisive game of the year - THE game 7 of all game 7's, over the big man who kept bailing him out after his bricks. But you're entitled to your opinion. If you want to harp on it, we could go all night on this Kobe thing. I'd rather stick with the Shaq topic if you ask me.

3ball
07-28-2015, 06:08 PM
recycled comments

Recycled?? - half of those quotes are new - and you won't find more definitive quotes anywhere.

btw..... there's PLENTY more where that came from because it was common knowledge that the Bulls were the most 1-man team in history.

So naturally, there are thousands of quotes to that effect.

1-9 without Pippen

Fyi - anytime you say 1-9, you're saying that Bird's 1986 and 1987 Celtics and their #1 defense is equal to Gilbert Arenas 42-40 Wizards and their #22 defense (Lebron played the Wizards 3 years in a row in 1st Round).

Btw, get your facts right - it's 1-9 with no all-stars.

Otoh, Zydrunas Illgauskas was named an all-star in 2003 and 2005.. So Lebron missed the playoffs in 2005 despite having an All-Star on his team.. And when he won his first playoff game in 2006, he did so with the help of a 2-time All-Star.

Otoh, MJ never played with an all-star, or anything NEAR that during his early playoff career... But once he got just 1 all-star, he went 6/6.. Whereas, Lebron missed the playoffs despite having an all-star, and only went 2/4 with two all-stars in Miami.

SaltyMeatballs
07-28-2015, 06:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6M7y6i3.png

gcvbcat
07-28-2015, 06:18 PM
shakeel & his like have no class.

disgrace to humanity.

TheMan
07-28-2015, 06:19 PM
You bastard :oldlol:

Big Cheese
07-28-2015, 06:20 PM
I don't understand why a guy widely regarded as a top 7 GOAT and MDE can be so insecure about the smallest things.

i think alot of the top nba players are insecure. Jordan was pretty insecure as well. He always felt the need to trash people that were below him.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-28-2015, 06:25 PM
How about WS? Why have you specifically picked PER in this instance?
Since you love it so much, let's look at Kobe's PER year by year and career wise and compare it with any of today's top stars.

You'll be interested to know that Kobe has only once has a top 3 finish in PER over the coarse of the season. Lebron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul have always left him in their wake and continue to do so. Glad we value PER now:applause.

Because winshares aren't adjusted like RAPM is. RAPM adjusts for teammates, offenses, defenses, and level of competition - it's by all accounts superior.

PER is an efficiency metric, so LeBron, Wade and Paul being more efficient than Kobe never and still doesn't surprise me.

Pau simply doesn't have a case over Kobe in 2010, who had more MVP votes, better advanced (adjusted) metrics along with raw numbers.
Matter of fact, nobody thought Gasol was better than Kobe in 2010 save for trolls.

And you'd have to be "dense" to take the 40%fg scorer over the course of the 2010 finals and 6/24 shooter in the most decisive game of the year

Kobe also grabbed 15 rebounds and played REALLY good defense. If we are ignoring the all-around game and just talking about scoring, you would have a point (not really because Gasol was also inefficient), but one series and ONE game isn't enough to sway my opinion - an opinion backed by hard data.

How his 2004 finals = 2010 finals is beyond me. The latter series vs Boston was a FAR better performance.

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 06:26 PM
i think alot of the top nba players are insecure. Jordan was pretty insecure as well. He always felt the need to trash people that were below him.
Anything on record like what Shaq said?

3ball
07-28-2015, 06:29 PM
:facepalm

guy
07-28-2015, 06:29 PM

Shut up Shaq.

Umm Kobe seems pretty damn insecure and right up there with Shaq.

CJ Mustard
07-28-2015, 06:30 PM
Shaq is such a bitch. Most insecure athlete I've ever seen. Seriously, he actually caught feelings over what Pippen said? LMAO. What a big joke this guy is. No way he has any real ****** in the circle if he's like 40 years old and still acts like a petulant child regularly.

3ball
07-28-2015, 06:30 PM

You guys are amazing.. You're acting like what he said was bad.

He told the truth!

ANYONE getting into a beef with Pippen will say the same thing.

Btw, you guys forget... Shaq was THERE in the 90's.. He's not looking stuff up on bballref 20 years after the fact like you guys.

iTare
07-28-2015, 06:37 PM
That's weird.

Big Cheese
07-28-2015, 06:39 PM

Dont remember the exact words but during his hall of fame speech, I remember him talking about how great he was and how (insert player/person) sucked or how much it would of sucked if he was them.

HitandRun Reggie
07-28-2015, 06:40 PM

Actually it was another guy named Scottie Pippen, not NBA Pippen, who was bankrupt, but the media ran with it after the story was released. I believe Pippen successfully sued the media outlet who said he went bankrupt. He's supposedly worth 50 million.

Smoke117
07-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Shaq is so horrible at this...his whole I'm a bridge and he's a water rant...:biggums: Yes...Shaq...bridges cross bodies of water...correct. Why is he using this as a comparison? It doesn't sound clever...just moronic.

Smoke117
07-28-2015, 06:49 PM

He told the truth!

Btw, you guys forget... Shaq was THERE in the 90's.. He's not looking stuff up on bballref 20 years after the fact like you guys.

Here's an example of what happened to one guy (Larry Johnson) who said something like this during the 97 season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KUu0RENh5Q

Scottie completely embarrassed him.

3ball
07-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Here's an example of what happened to one guy (Larry Johnson) who said something like this during the 97 season:

From the youtube uploader of that video:

Pippen responded with 30 points through 3 quarters and was really the only Bull to have anything going until Jordan went crazy in the 4th qtr for 20 points. Rodman and Kukoc were out with injuries.

Even on his best nights he can't close the show and needs MJ to save the team down the stretch.. Even Phil Jackson knew he had to rely on MJ down the stretch of EVERY GAME:

Phil Jackson:

This was Phil Jackson during a huddle in the 1991 NBA Finals, showing how the everyday game plan was to leave Michael alone and let him do everything down the stretch of games.

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 06:51 PM

Why are we mentioning Larry Johnson? He wasn't part of the elite players in the league. Shaq was.

Magic 32
07-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Regarding Kobe being the lead dog since 2005, many woupd disagree on the 2010 season and especially the finals. In many ways, Gasol was the superior player. But anyways, like I said, let's stick to the topic.

http://www.evilenglish.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/stfu-1.jpg

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 06:58 PM
http://www.evilenglish.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/stfu-1.jpg
Aww have we hurt your feelings:lol

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 06:59 PM

Pippen responded with 30 points through 3 quarters and was really the only Bull to have anything going until Jordan went crazy in the 4th qtr for 20 points. Rodman and Kukoc were out with injuries.

Even on his best nights he can't close the show and needs MJ to save the team down the stretch.. Even Phil Jackson knew he had to rely on MJ down the stretch of EVERY GAME:

Phil Jackson:

Thank you for these new quotes 3ball:applause:

funnystuff
07-28-2015, 07:01 PM
Umm Kobe seems pretty damn insecure and right up there with Shaq.
Exactly, their personalities are NOT far off.

Magic 32
07-28-2015, 07:02 PM
Aww have we hurt your feelings:lol

You hurt my intellect.

I lost precious IQ reading your inane post.

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 07:05 PM
You hurt my intellect.

I lost precious IQ reading your inane post.nice to know I have that effect on you da'ling :rockon:

Magic 32
07-28-2015, 07:11 PM
nice to know I have that effect on you da'ling :rockon:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a8/bc/e4/a8bce4d8a6871ef44a87abfb77b3e200.jpg

bluechox2
07-28-2015, 07:13 PM
pippen made what scrubs make today

Mr Feeny
07-28-2015, 07:17 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/a8/bc/e4/a8bce4d8a6871ef44a87abfb77b3e200.jpg

Aww and yet you dug up my post and keep following me around :Lebronamazed:
Awww babeh. Dis is juss sosweat. Ttyl my stalker. Dnt let me nuts get in the way of you talking :lebronamazed:

(Self five)

3ball
07-28-2015, 07:20 PM

My pleasure - here's more:

Chuck Daly specifically discussing the "Jordan Rules":

"We knew how dangerous he was. And we knew we had to devise something special.. And so we most definitely devised, what we called, THE JORDAN RULES"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIY_4vIxGEE&t=22m49s

Bill Laimbeer:

"We didn't even think about Scottie Pippen. It was Michael Jordan and the Jordannaires - and you can't win championships like that with only 1 player."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h07m33s

Phil Jackson:

Chuck Daly:

"It doesn't entail me playing you necessarily... it's our 5.... playing... you."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gCMWuCdsGQ&t=27m41s

Horace Grant:

"If it wasn't for MJ, I don't think I'd be sitting here right now. I mean, would've had a decent career, but for a leader like that to lead you to 3 championships..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aYOQVWSCY&t=14m44s

Dumars and Isiah:

"Isiah said he sat out by the water for 4-5 hours (thinking about MJ)".

"Dumars and i were on the phone for HOURS, talking about 23 in red."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h05m33s

This was Dumars' and Isiah's reaction to the Bulls taking 2-1 series lead in 1989 ECF after MJ hit GW over Rodman.

Reporter Pat O'Brien in 1989, confirming that Chuck Daly's championship defense was about stopping 1 guy via the "Jordan Rules":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2v0LOhjsJs&t=3m27s

Bill Laimbeer:

"The Jordan Rules were just stop him, because no one else could beat you on that ballclub"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2v0LOhjsJs&t=1m22s

Scottie Pippen:

"It was the pressure. As the pressure grew, the pounding grew. I wasn't able to answer the bell.."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h22m15s

This was Pippen in the Bad Boys documentary ADMITTING he the pressure caused him to disappear in 1990 ECF Game 7 - this cost the Bulls a trip to the Finals and the ring - (Bulls would've beaten Blazers - Blazers only took Pistons 6, while Bulls took then 7.

FKAri
07-28-2015, 07:39 PM
My pleasure - here's more:

Ya I bet. You sick fukk

Dragonyeuw
07-28-2015, 07:54 PM

He told the truth!

So you think calling Pippen a bum is mature discourse? All part of the MJ is god narrative, eh?

Also this 'you guys werent there' BS is getting old, just as you acting like the foremost authority around here.

PejaTheSerbSnip
07-28-2015, 07:56 PM

Shaq doesn't seem to be witty enough to be capable of just sparring with jabs, as peers or even friends often do with each other. Just like Charles and Kenny and Ernie do with each other.

If you tweak Shaq, he's not sharp enough to tweak you back. He has to pull out the same old cliche haymakers every time. He's just not really shrewd enough to joust casually.
This, so much this.

Shaqs the type of douche that would start a fight with you if you were embarrassing him verbally in front of a group of people. Even if he started it and escalated it. Everybody knows a dbag like that in their own life.

stalkerforlife
07-28-2015, 07:59 PM
This is why Kobe traded Shaq and why Kobe proved he is simply a better player.

Shaq is far too insecure, emotional, and undisciplined to meet Kobe's standards.

Bond007
07-28-2015, 08:02 PM
Why do you guys think Shaq has no more hatred for kobe?

TheMan
07-28-2015, 08:04 PM

O

Phil Jackson:

Only 3ball can take a game where Pip beasted (30 points through 3 qtrs, almost singlehandidly kept the Bulls in the game) and somehow make it a negative :biggums: :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
07-28-2015, 08:05 PM
Why do you guys think Shaq has no more hatred for kobe?

Because he got all cute after the 06..

then Kobe made 3 straight finals and won 2 FMVP which is more the Shaq ever got close to doing without him then ether'd him in the press conference while celebrating #2 without Disel..

2>1

The cactus knows this

Smoke117
07-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Because he got all cute after the 06..

then Kobe made 3 straight finals and won 2 FMVP which is more the Shaq ever got close to doing without him then ether'd him in the press conference while celebrating #2 without Disel..

2>1

The cactus knows this

3 FMVP > 2 FMVP.

TheMarkMadsen
07-28-2015, 08:09 PM
3 FMVP > 2 FMVP.

I guess PP & Iggy > KG & Curry..

rings without Kobe: 1

rings without Shaq: 2

5>4

stay mad bitch :oldlol: :oldlol:

Da_Realist
07-28-2015, 08:13 PM

Exactly this.

Bankaii
07-28-2015, 08:22 PM
Otoh, MJ never played with an all-star, or anything NEAR that during his early playoff career...
Lebron wasn't even apart of this, but since you're so insecure to bring him up, I'll call you on your bullshit again.

Big Z averaged 17&9 on 48% and was an All-Star in the "weak, inferior east". So don't use all star selections.

MJ's teammates:
1985: Woolridge - 23/6 on 55%.
1986: injured - Woolridge - 21/5 on 55%.
1987: Oakley- 15/13 on 45%. Then 20/15 on 38% in the playoffs.
Both of them are equal to if not greater than Big Z.

What other bullshit do you need debunked?

rmt
07-28-2015, 08:29 PM
This is why Kobe traded Shaq and why Kobe proved he is simply a better player.

Shaq is far too insecure, emotional, and undisciplined to meet Kobe's standards.

I would choose Shaq over Kobe to start my franchise every day and twice on Sunday. Kobe has nothing over Shaq - not impact, not dominance, not ease of building around, nothing. Well, I guess I'll give Kobe work ethic.

stalkerforlife
07-28-2015, 08:32 PM
I would choose Shaq over Kobe to start my franchise every day and twice on Sunday. Kobe has nothing over Shaq - not impact, not dominance, not ease of building around, nothing. Well, I guess I'll give Kobe work ethic.

Lies.

TheMarkMadsen
07-28-2015, 08:32 PM

must be why Shaq had prime Penny & prime Wade yet still couldn't make as many finals finals or win as many rings as Kobe did with Pau Gasol..

in fact, Shaq was never consistent enough to make consecutive finals without Kobe..

Kobe proved he was consistent enough to make 3 straight finals (in a western conference where 2/3 years he made the finals all 8 teams had 50+ wins)

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

TheBigVeto
07-28-2015, 09:36 PM

And to think this clown has a 'PHD'.
Shaq is overrated. Without David Stern he wouldn't have won any ring.

tpols
07-28-2015, 09:52 PM

you can make the same argument for shaq over Duncan.. way more dominant, just obliterates him offensively and defensively its much much closer in their primes than most would assume.

Problem with shaq was he wasn't fully invested in basketball like Duncan or kobe were.. he wanted to win something so no one could say he was a loser obviously, but he was much more about promoting his own individual brand.. hence why you see him even in retirement taking pot shots at other legends and acting in a very selfish and petulant matter.

Shaq may have had a nice FG and didn't take many bad shots, but he was one of the most selfish players ever.. his attitude and work ethic were cancerous.. his "second options" were better than pippen, pau, manu, McHale, worthy, etc. He needed as stacked teams as anyone has ever needed to win.. and even then by the skin of his teeth did he make it happen.

nzahir
07-28-2015, 11:11 PM
I guess PP & Iggy > KG & Curry..

rings without Kobe: 1

rings without Shaq: 2

5>4

stay mad bitch :oldlol: :oldlol:
FMVPs only count really if you are in the convo.
Mvps, fmvps are top 2 awards for players; if you want to count rings then tom heinson>Mj

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
07-28-2015, 11:17 PM

Shaq got a babydck it is well documented. There was a sex tape of his that he tried so hard to get back when it was rumored too. Its why he had beef with Kobe b/c he couldnt deal with the Black Mamba below. Players like Lebron and Deandre Jordan is cut from the same cloth, big dudes w/ babydcks that get emotional, sensitive and defensive so easy

Heavincent
07-28-2015, 11:22 PM
Damn, Pippen has Shaq all butthurt :oldlol:

You Cant Ban Me
07-28-2015, 11:43 PM
dude really going on pippen for no reason.He must be insecure as a mf to react like this.Pippen wasnt on the team they would of won 3 rings max

KayHaven
07-29-2015, 12:27 AM
People! People!

We're losing the main focus of this thread......

And that's that Shaq is 13 year old stuck in a grown man's body......COT DAMN he's been irking the shit outta me every since he retired....how can someone soooo great be sooo insecure...it's mind boggling.

First he's had a damn near decade beef with Dwight...all over a nickname.

Then this year he caught feelings over hack a shaq...which led to the awkward moment with Reggie

Tons of other awkward moments on inside the nba..bc like someone else said he's not witty or smart enough to realize when things don't have to go to the next level

Now this..

sportjames23
07-29-2015, 12:28 AM

MJ did it on the court doe.

sportjames23
07-29-2015, 12:30 AM
Dont remember the exact words but during his hall of fame speech, I remember him talking about how great he was and how (insert player/person) sucked or how much it would of sucked if he was them.

His HOF speech was mostly him explaining how competitive he was and how it got him to where it did.

nathanjizzle
07-29-2015, 12:37 AM
shaq takes an L for this one. pippen didnt really say anything....

Kobe_6/8
07-29-2015, 12:43 AM
He needed as stacked teams as anyone has ever needed to win.. and even then by the skin of his teeth did he make it happen.

:biggums: Shaq never had a stacked team with a 'big 3'.

By the skin of his teeth? Shaq dominated during his 00-02 run. Phil Jackson said Shaq would be the unquestionable GOAT if he had a solid work ethic.

nathanjizzle
07-29-2015, 12:46 AM

shaq is overrated. just because hes a very large dominant paint man doesnt mean the argument of impact is end all be all. keep in mind centers dont offer much out of the center position style, no assist, no offensive play creating, no maneuverability, no running back on defense, they lack 90 percent of skills needed for actually basketball play and rely on teammates to make up for that in team basketball. and in shaqs case, he was a game liability at the end of the games, and throughout with his free throws.

Kobe_6/8
07-29-2015, 01:24 AM
shaq is overrated. just because hes a very large dominant paint man doesnt mean the argument of impact is end all be all. keep in mind centers dont offer much out of the center position style, no assist, no offensive play creating, no maneuverability, no running back on defense, they lack 90 percent of skills needed for actually basketball play and rely on teammates to make up for that in team basketball. and in shaqs case, he was a game liability at the end of the games, and throughout with his free throws.

1. Does Michael Jordan offer much out of the Shooting Guard position style?

2. High assists Centers (besides Divac) didn't exist from the mid 90's to early 2000's.

3. Shaq's presence created offensive play creating. Teams had to build their gameplans around him.

4. http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nba/random/ShaqShake.gif

5. Running back isn't expected of most Centers...he was never projected or expected to do that.

6. Shaq was a good player if he only possessed '10% of skills needed for actual basketball play'. If he 'relied' on his teammates, the stats and videos don't show that.

7. His 'game liability at the end of games' and 'throughout with free-throws' is true, but his overall value is worth it.

sportjames23
07-29-2015, 01:34 AM

This a serious question?

Solid Snake
07-29-2015, 01:50 AM

Yep, when Shaq joined the crew that's when I stopped watching. I used to watch that show religiously, I loved the chemistry.

Solid Snake
07-29-2015, 01:51 AM
People! People!

We're losing the main focus of this thread......

And that's that Shaq is 13 year old stuck in a grown man's body......COT DAMN he's been irking the shit outta me every since he retired....how can someone soooo great be sooo insecure...it's mind boggling.

First he's had a damn near decade beef with Dwight...all over a nickname.

Then this year he caught feelings over hack a shaq...which led to the awkward moment with Reggie

Tons of other awkward moments on inside the nba..bc like someone else said he's not witty or smart enough to realize when things don't have to go to the next level

Now this..

What happened with Reggie?

Dragonyeuw
07-29-2015, 07:04 AM

2. High assists Centers (besides Divac) didn't exist from the mid 90's to early 2000's.

3. Shaq's presence created offensive play creating. Teams had to build their gameplans around him.

4. http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/social_assets/nba/random/ShaqShake.gif

5. Running back isn't expected of most Centers...he was never projected or expected to do that.

6. Shaq was a good player if he only possessed '10% of skills needed for actual basketball play'. If he 'relied' on his teammates, the stats and videos don't show that.

7. His 'game liability at the end of games' and 'throughout with free-throws' is true, but his overall value is worth it.

Its amazing how quick Shaq was in that vid.

havoc33
07-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Its amazing how quick Shaq was in that vid.
I'd say that's an amazing travel.

aj1987
07-29-2015, 08:00 AM
Stick to Rose threads, dumbass.

warriorfan
07-29-2015, 08:05 AM
WHy is shaq always so insecure?

Dragonyeuw
07-29-2015, 08:09 AM
I'd say that's an amazing travel.

That's not the point. He was still MOVING very fast for a guy that size, even his between the legs dribbling was quick and fluid. The shimmy move that initially shook MJ prior to the shot wasn't a travel.

DCL
07-29-2015, 08:26 AM
what made shaq all pissed off and serious?

pip only tweeted: "Sorry @shaq but I don't get caught up in hypotheticals. All I know is we won 6 titles, twice the amount you claimed while in LA..."

but in shaq's mind, it probably translated into something different: "n!**a, you only got 3 rings in la. we doubled that shit in chicago. that's reality, sucka. keep dreaming about six. we have it. you don't. sit yo dumb ass down."

scandisk_
07-29-2015, 08:30 AM

you em now, lots of em

HOoopCityJones
07-29-2015, 09:39 AM
Lmao, Shaq always been an insecure ass ni99a.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-29-2015, 09:42 AM
pip only tweeted: "Sorry @shaq but I don't get caught up in hypotheticals. All I know is we won 6 titles, twice the amount you claimed while in LA..."

but in shaq's mind, it probably translated into something different: "n!**a, you only got 3 rings in la. we doubled that shit in chicago. that's reality, sucka. keep dreaming about six. we have it. you don't. sit yo dumb ass down."

If Scottie knew how Shaq would've reacted in hindsight, he should've just said this. :oldlol:

Dragonyeuw
07-29-2015, 09:42 AM
what made shaq all pissed off and serious?

I understand Shaq's point. Basically that having 6 rings as a second banana shouldn't equate to 3 rings as a lead dog. He just came off dickish about it. And it's well known at this point that Shaq can't engage in harmless trashtalk, ( hence the 'Pippen is a bum' comment). That's just taking it into getting personal. Look how many awkward moments he's caused on TNT the last 3 years, because he acts like a petulant bitch whenever Chuck/Kenny engage in some innocent trashtalk.

Fallen Angel
07-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Shaquille O'Neal is trying to start drama against less credible former NBA superstars. In all actuality, no other top 10 all-time player would be childish enough to partake in a Twitter beef.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-29-2015, 10:10 AM
I correctly pointed out that Shaq was lead dog on 3 rings. Kobe was never able to do that. That's that. Mentioning the "5" as a reason to prop up kobe and put him above Shaq just makes us want to laugh when Shaq was the one carrying that team (sometimes almost single handidly ) to championships.

You really can't be this stu..

Regarding Kobe being the lead dog since 2005, many woupd disagree on the 2010 season and especially the finals. In many ways, Gasol was the superior player.

Oh, nevermind you are.

Derka
07-29-2015, 10:12 AM
Shut the hell up, Shaq.

Dragonyeuw
07-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Shaquille O'Neal is trying to start drama against less credible former NBA superstars. In all actuality, no other top 10 all-time player would be childish enough to partake in a Twitter beef.

Exactly, all the other top 10 GOATS resume speaks for itself, as does Shaq's. But you wouldn't know it by the way he acts sometimes.

3ball
07-30-2015, 10:14 AM
Big Z averaged 17&9 on 48% and was an All-Star

MJ's teammates:
1985: Woolridge - 23/6 on 55%.
1986: injured - Woolridge - 21/5 on 55%.
1987: Oakley- 15/13 on 45%. Then 20/15 on 38% in the playoffs.

Both of them are equal to if not greater than Big Z.

You're missing the obvious - it was a tougher era, and you needed much more to be an all-star (top 24 player) - none of MJ's teammates that you listed were top 24 players.

Whereas in the early-mid 2000's, Zydrunas was a TWO-time all-star and top 24 player.. Yet despite having a top 24 player, Lebron missed the playoffs in 2005.. And when he won his first playoff game in 2006, he did so with the help of a 2-time top-24 player (all-star).

Otoh, MJ never played with a top 24 player/all-star, or anything NEAR that during his early playoff career... But once he got just 1 all-star, he went 6/6.. Whereas, Lebron missed the playoffs despite having an all-star, and only went 2/4 with TWO all-stars in Miami.

Big Z averaged 17/9 on 48%.... with 2.1 blocks, but it was an all-time weak east

Agreed - the reason Zydrunas was a top 24 NBA player in the early-mid 2000's was because that's the weakest era the NBA ever had - that's the only way to describe when the NBA's best can't beat Euroleague..

From 2002-2006, the NBA lost the Olympics and World Games 3 separate times, which included 7 losses to every team imaginable (even Puerto Rico).. We're talking the NBA's very best - Lebron/Duncan/CP3/Wade/Melo/Dwight, etc - their brand of basketball and skills were so inferior, that it more than offset their massive talent advantage.

aj1987
07-30-2015, 10:18 AM
Whereas in the early-mid 2000's, Zydrunas was a TWO-time all-star and top 24 player.. Yet despite having a top 24 player, Lebron missed the playoffs in 2005.. And when he won his first playoff game in 2006, he did so with the help of a 2-time top-24 player (all-star).

:oldlol:

Did Wikipedia/BB-Ref tell you that? He wasn't. I could name over 30 players who were better than him that season.

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 10:19 AM
i'd clown on shaq all day

i'd say "why you always wearing that miami ring?"

"antoine walker was the 2nd leading scorer in the 06 finals. you both averaged 15ppg. but he averaged a slightly higher 15ppg you big fat ape... pippen outdid your average from that finals in all 6 of his appearances.. if his rings dont count then why do you wear that one all the time?"

:roll:

3ball
07-30-2015, 10:30 AM
:oldlol:

Did Wikipedia/BB-Ref tell you that? He wasn't. I could name over 30 players who were better than him that season.
he was voted in TWICE by the COACHES.

you're word 10+ years after the fact means nothing.

i was watching at the time (i was actually a lebron fan at the time), and Zydrunas was one of the best bigs in the league... a legit post presence, rim protector, and great post defender... those are the facts

aj1987
07-30-2015, 04:26 PM
he was voted in TWICE by the COACHES.

you're word 10+ years after the fact means nothing.

i was watching at the time (i was actually a lebron fan at the time), and Zydrunas was one of the best bigs in the league... a legit post presence, rim protector, and great post defender... those are the facts
You haven't watched shit. I'm 99.99% sure that you've never ever seen a quarter of BB in your ENTIRE life.

Big Z wasn't even CLOSE to being a top 24 player in the league. Rich Jeff averaged something like 20/9/5 and he wasn't even in the top 25 that season. TP averaged 17/4/6 on 48% (the same as Big Z) and he wasn't top 24 either.

Top 10 players were Pippen through '93, from '91. Rodman and Pip were top 15 from '96-'98.

Smoke117
07-30-2015, 04:29 PM
You haven't watched shit. I'm 99.99% sure that you've never ever seen a quarter of BB in your ENTIRE life.

Big Z wasn't even CLOSE to being a top 24 player in the league. Rich Jeff averaged something like 20/9/5 and he wasn't even in the top 25 that season. TP averaged 17/4/6 on 48% (the same as Big Z) and he wasn't top 24 either.

Top 10 players were Pippen through '93, from '91. Rodman and Pip were top 15 from '96-'98.

Scottie was easily a top 10 player in the league through 97.

aj1987
07-30-2015, 04:32 PM
Scottie was easily a top 10 player in the league through 97.
He wasn't top 10

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 04:37 PM
"All-Star" Ilgauskas in 2003, and the year before Lebron arrived...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

led the Cavs to a 17-65 record.

The TRUE impact of "All-Star" Big Z.

Virtually ZERO.

Smoke117
07-30-2015, 04:37 PM
He wasn't top 10

He absolutely was. 20/6.5/6 while being the best defensive perimeter player in the league isn't top 10? Okay...whatever you say.

aj1987
07-30-2015, 04:40 PM
He absolutely was. 20/6.5/6 while being the best defensive perimeter player in the league isn't top 10? Okay...whatever you say.
He wasn't top 10 in '96 and he was average at best in the PO's in '97.

SpecialQue
07-30-2015, 04:57 PM

"antoine walker was the 2nd leading scorer in the 06 finals. you both averaged 15ppg. but he averaged a slightly higher 15ppg you big fat ape... pippen outdid your average from that finals in all 6 of his appearances.. if his rings dont count then why do you wear that one all the time?"

No, you wouldn't.

TheBigVeto
07-30-2015, 10:03 PM
If Shaq wasn't 7 feet tall he'd be flipping burgers.

andgar923
07-30-2015, 10:07 PM

He actually is a cop, and has a doctorate.

Lakers Fan
07-30-2015, 10:07 PM

If I was 6'11, I'd be like Anthony Davis

TheBigVeto
07-30-2015, 10:24 PM

He got those because he was a famous basketball player, courtesy of his size.

Therefore these two facts still stand:
1. His doctorate means the organization that granted him the degree is not legit and
2. If he wasn't 7 feet tall he'd be flipping burgers

Kobe_6/8
07-30-2015, 10:55 PM
He got those because he was a famous basketball player, courtesy of his size.

Therefore these two facts still stand:
1. His doctorate means the organization that granted him the degree is not legit and
2. If he wasn't 7 feet tall he'd be flipping burgers

Shaq said he would have joined the Army if he didn't play basketball. He easily could have been a cop after that, and gone to school.

comerb
07-31-2015, 10:24 AM
And to think this clown has a 'PHD'.
Shaq is overrated. Without David Stern he wouldn't have won any ring.

Shaq doesn't have a PHD. He has an EdD

Mr Feeny
07-31-2015, 10:30 AM

Scottie was an offensive liability the last 3 years with Chicago. HECK no, he wasn't top ten. His defensive prowess doesn't offset his atrocious offensive play at that point. He had slowed down considerably since 92-93 and by 97 was a shell of his former self.

retaxis
07-31-2015, 10:39 AM

thebigveto, Shaq is a natural leader with a killer mindset so people like that will always go far in life. Sounds like your one of those people who blames and throws excuses for everything bad that every happened to you because its never your fault. Its easy to say oh x parents were rich or y was built for a sport but its never easy to work your a22 off and sacrifice to make something out of yourself. Because you can't do that you have low self esteem and lie to yourself thinking no one else works hard either and are all gifted this and that when its all about hard work and sacrifice.

retaxis
07-31-2015, 10:43 AM

you couldn't even get your fat a22 off your chair to take a sh1t thats why you wear adult nappies.

Dragonyeuw
07-31-2015, 02:16 PM
It just dawned on me, but its interesting that MJ hasnt weighed in on this issue, either as a reply to Shaq's initial comment or the subsequent war of words. I doubt MJ is in any rush to back up Pippen considering all his recent Lebron>MJ comments.

andgar923
07-31-2015, 04:08 PM
thebigveto, Shaq is a natural leader with a killer mindset so people like that will always go far in life. Sounds like your one of those people who blames and throws excuses for everything bad that every happened to you because its never your fault. Its easy to say oh x parents were rich or y was built for a sport but its never easy to work your a22 off and sacrifice to make something out of yourself. Because you can't do that you have low self esteem and lie to yourself thinking no one else works hard either and are all gifted this and that when its all about hard work and sacrifice.
Huh:biggums: i

Blue&Orange
07-31-2015, 05:06 PM
You wasn't even a factor on the scouting report. It was all about Mike.
Bulls 97 didn't made a thread about this? I wonder why not.