PDA

View Full Version : replace lebron with any other top 10 all time player from 2011-2014. how many titles?

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 01:55 PM
ages 26-29

i'd say

Jordan = 4 out of 4
Kareem = 4 out of 4
Russell = 4 out of 4
Magic = 4 out of 4
Kobe = 4 out of 4
Duncan = 4 out of 4
Shaq = 4 out of 4
Bird = 4 out of 4
Hakeem = 4 out of 4
wilt = 2 out of 4

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/Lorenzoac7/CODW/KobeBryantMiamiHeat.png

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/Lorenzoac7/CODW/MJmiamiheat.png

feel free to add other all time greats likely record with that squad

ShawkFactory
07-30-2015, 01:56 PM
3 for all except maybe Michael or Duncan.

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 01:57 PM

kobe owns the spurs in the playoffs... and historically owns dirk and the mavs

how on earth would he lose any of those series... cramps? lol

ShawkFactory
07-30-2015, 02:00 PM

The Spurs were a far better team. Played some of the best basketball I've ever seen a team play.

JT123
07-30-2015, 02:01 PM
Haven't you made this thread a few times before? You're trolling is weak son :sleeping

RidonKs
07-30-2015, 02:03 PM
Jordan = 3 out of 4
Kareem = 4 out of 4
Russell = 4 out of 4
Magic = 4 out of 4
Kobe = 1 out of 4
Duncan = 4 out of 4
Shaq = 4 out of 4
Bird = 4 out of 4
Hakeem = 4 out of 4
wilt = 4 out of 4

that's more like it. that team was starved for a big man.

JT123
Explain to me...logically...how MJ beats the Spurs in 2014. :rolleyes:

kennethgriffin
The Spurs were a far better team. Played some of the best basketball I've ever seen a team play.

kobe beat duncan 3 out of 4 times without homecourt advantage and a much lesser record

like i said

bean feeds duncan big thick testicles doused in hot sauce

ShawkFactory
07-30-2015, 02:04 PM
kobe beat duncan 3 out of 4 times without homecourt advantage and a much lesser record

like i said

Ok

RRR3
07-30-2015, 02:06 PM

like i said

and no matter how often you dream of it, he will never do this to you.

Rocketswin2013
07-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Well, none of them win in 2014. 2013 would be extremely difficult for all considering it was a borderline carry-job in the playoffs throughout. 2011 & 2012? Good chance for most. Obviously nothing guaranteed for any.

RidonKs
07-30-2015, 02:29 PM
Well, none of them win in 2014. 2013 would be extremely difficult for all considering it was a borderline carry-job in the playoffs throughout. 2011 & 2012? Good chance for most. Obviously nothing guaranteed for any.
phht

shaq wilt hakeem kareem duncan all beat the exact same spurs in 2014, paired with bosh they would be dynamite

russell and mj and bird make it a tough fight

james and bryant do not

ShawkFactory
07-30-2015, 02:47 PM
phht

shaq wilt hakeem kareem duncan all beat the exact same spurs in 2014, paired with bosh they would be dynamite

russell and mj and bird make it a tough fight

james and bryant do not
Magic?

I might redact my statement that only Duncan of the big men could do it.

I don't think Shaq would. That Spurs team was to fundamental and too smart for Shaq. They'd get him in foul trouble or come up with something that would somewhat neutralize him.

Russell didn't have enough offensively to do it I don't think.

Kareem might not have been a great enough leader at those ages listed. He'd get his but idk if he wills his team to victory or not. Same with Wilt.

Other than Duncan I think Hakeem is the most likely. But even then I'm not so sure.

The reason I think Duncan would do it is because he would dominate himself but the flow with Wade and Bosh would be much better than other top 10 guys.

None of the non big men except Jordan would have much of a chance IMO.

Rose'sACL
07-30-2015, 02:54 PM
3 for jordan.
2 for duncan
2 for shaq
2 for bird
1 for magic
1 for russell
2 for kareem
1 for kobe(2011)

Beastmode88
07-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Explain to me...logically...how MJ beats the Spurs in 2014. :rolleyes:

he wouldn't lose by a record margin that's for sure. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Rocketswin2013
07-30-2015, 02:59 PM
Magic?

I don't think Shaq would. That Spurs team was to fundamental and too smart for Shaq. They'd get him in foul trouble or come up with something that would somewhat neutralize him.

Kareem might not have been a great enough leader at those ages listed. He'd get his but idk if he wills his team to victory or not. Same with Wilt.

Other than Duncan I think Hakeem is the most likely. But even then I'm not so sure.

The reason I think Duncan would do it is because he would dominate himself but the flow with Wade and Bosh would be much better than other top 10 guys.

None of the non big men except Jordan would have much of a chance IMO. Why do you think Jordan would do it? His defensive impact wouldn't be close to enough to effect the outcome of those games. LeBron was scoring 28 PPG on 68 TS% in 37 MPG. Miami was still getting routed. I don't think Jordan has ever scored that efficiently on a defense of that caliber, and, even so, 40 PPG on 60 TS% isn't stopping SA from shooting better on contested jumpers than uncontested(something they literally did). What are any of those players going to do to stop Wade from getting his, soul taken by Danny Green and help Chalmers or Cole shoot better than 15% on 3-pointers? No player is winning that series by himself

ArbitraryWater

2012 is the toughest after 2014.. that can be easily seen in opposition and the fact that Bron was better in 2012 than in 2013 yet it was similarly close.

Nash
lebron played and defended bunch of PF's. How is any small guy going to do that?

Also in 2012 Bosh was injured, Lebron took a huge part in replacing him at the front court.

And whoever joins the team has to lead them in ppg, apg and rpg.

JT123
07-30-2015, 03:05 PM
lebron played and defended bunch of PF's. How is any small guy going to do that?

Also in 2012 Bosh was injured, Lebron took a huge part in replacing him at the front court.

:applause: Exactly. How in the world is Kobe gonna guard 1-5 like Lebron constantly had to do? :oldlol:
In all honestly the Heat win zero rings with Kobe in place of Lebron. People forget that he played worse than Bron did against Dallas in 2011.

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 03:07 PM

lebron sucks at D though

:oldlol:

its not like he was locking up any of those PF's

infact i remember dirk/kd and duncan all having solid performances

replace him with anyone and youl have an equal or better result IMO

plus who says the guy who replaces lebron has to do the same things. theyel do their own things because lebrons way only wins 2 out of 6 times anyway

1 out of 6 in reality

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 03:11 PM
if kobe can win with

fisher
kobe
ariza
odom
gasol

i think kobe can get the job done with this lineup

Wade
Allen
Kobe
haslem
Bosh

ShawkFactory
07-30-2015, 03:11 PM
lebron sucks at D though

plus who says the guy who replaces lebron has to do the same things. theyel do their own things because lebrons way only wins 2 out of 6 times anyway

1 out of 6 in reality
You sure?

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 03:13 PM
You sure?

well... lebron lost in 2013

the series ended and spurs are champs if ray allen doesnt give lebron a do over

ShawkFactory
07-30-2015, 03:15 PM
well... lebron lost in 2013

the series ended and spurs are champs if ray allen doesnt give lebron a do over
Right. Well I'm done here.

Unless someone actually has something interesting to say.

Trollsmasher
07-30-2015, 03:19 PM
one thing is sure - Kobe does not win a single one

JT123
07-30-2015, 03:20 PM
if kobe can win with

fisher
kobe
ariza
odom
gasol

Wade
Allen
Kobe
haslem
Bosh
LOL at a 40 year old Ray Allen playing starter minutes. Odom and Pau are so much better than Haslem and Bosh it's not even funny.

Mr Feeny
07-30-2015, 03:24 PM
if kobe can win with

fisher
kobe
ariza
odom
gasol

Wade
Allen
Kobe
haslem
Bosh

You mean Kobrick won't have the best front court in the league to dominate the glass and give him second chance shots and clean up his bricks? :lebronamazed:

He wouldn't make the playoffs I'd say. It would be 2004-2005 (dead in the middle of his prime ) all over again. He'd have 34 wins:rockon:

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 03:25 PM
LOL at a 40 year old Ray Allen playing starter minutes. Odom and Pau are so much better than Haslem and Bosh it's not even funny.

didnt 40 year old ray allen single handedly save lebrons legacy/future

i think his fans should show mr shuttlesworth a little more respect than that

Nash
07-30-2015, 03:27 PM
lebron sucks at D though

1 out of 6 in reality
I'm not going to into a discussion about Lebron's defensive skills.
BUT, Lebron is still 3 inches and about 60 pounds bigger than Kobe. Whatever the hell Lebron did, Kobe isn't physically capable of doing.

And then obviously lets not forget Miami was an extremely top heavy team with a bunch of flaws.

-They had no playmaking besides Lebron.
-No rebounding what so ever.
-Wade with his knees acting up in the 12, 13 and 14 playoffs.
-They were small, no front court what so ever. He had to defend for example David West.
-Joel Anthony, Juwan Howard, Illgauskas, Dampier, Birdman, Haslem, Oden, Pittman, Turiaf.. A combination of that is what Kobe has to work with, it ain't pretty.

Lebron's versatility is what made for a lot of it to work.

Kobe has to overcome all of those things.

RidonKs
07-30-2015, 03:32 PM
Magic?

None of the non big men except Jordan would have much of a chance IMO.
naa bro i love the spurs but the problem with the heat was never talent, it was structure. wade lebron bosh looks nice on paper but it's not even on par with wade bosh ewing let alone a few of those other greats. prime diesel would be the best thing to ever happen to bosh and wade would play kobe's role since prime ball handling would fall on his shoulders and i have no doubt he'd step up to the occasion. guys like battier and allen and miller and lewis and jones, plug in a point guard who can hit three's and you're gold.

i think you're underestimating the impact of a dominant big man against those spurs teams. duncan held the paint together but against an all time great in his prime, he would have looked silly especially with partners in crime like splitter and baynes and boris diaw. that spurs front line was ripe to be ripped through by a dominant big man, but since those are extinct, they went all the way. and don't get me wrong, they're one of my favourite teams of all time.

i forgot about magic. he's tough to figure out where he fits, but at the same time his 'magic' is that he can fit anywhere. plug him at point guard while he defends small forwards, play him power forward and let him post up while haslem chases offensive rebounds, etc. then again i think he could have been neutralized effectively by kawai leonard who is a defensive godsend.

Hey Yo
07-30-2015, 03:35 PM
if kobe can win with

fisher
kobe
ariza
odom
gasol

Wade
Allen
Kobe
haslem
Bosh
The above wouldn't be the lineup if LeBron was directly replaced in the starting lineup.

More like 2011
Bibby
Wade
Kobe
Bosh
Anthony....and so on for each year. Kobe 0-4.

Not sure why you're using Kobe cause we both know he isn't top 10 so....

tpols
07-30-2015, 03:38 PM
If the competition remains the same why are you using only top 10 GOATs ?

Wade/Bosh + pretty much anyone in the top 25 GOATs is auto 4 Finals trips with minimum 2 rings depending on the fit.. SG's and PF's would obviously be redundant here as both wade and bosh fill those slots..

any PG, SF, or C in top 25 is 3 rings minimum barring injuries.

NBASTATMAN
07-30-2015, 03:39 PM
ages 26-29

i'd say

Jordan = 4 out of 4
Kareem = 4 out of 4
Russell = 4 out of 4
Magic = 4 out of 4
Kobe = 4 out of 4
Duncan = 4 out of 4
Shaq = 4 out of 4
Bird = 4 out of 4
Hakeem = 4 out of 4
wilt = 2 out of 4

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/Lorenzoac7/CODW/KobeBryantMiamiHeat.png

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/Lorenzoac7/CODW/MJmiamiheat.png

feel free to add other all time greats likely record with that squad

jORDAN 3-4
Magic-3-4
Bird 3-4
Duncan 3-4
Shaq 3-4
Hakeem 3-4
Kareem only guy who maybe wins 4-4 but I doubt it cuz the Spurs were cooking in 2014
Kobe 2-4 , Kobe not beating The Celtics in 2012 with Bosh hurt or Durant , Westbrook and Harden 2012 or 2014 Spurs.. But he would not have choked vs The Mavs IMO...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
07-30-2015, 03:40 PM
Not as many that could replace Kobe during the Laker three-peat...and still three-peat.

NBASTATMAN
07-30-2015, 03:51 PM

Didnt mean shit in 2011 ... HE GOT SWEPT AND IT WAS NASTY :roll:

Kobe is not winning without a top big vs 2012 CELTIC TEAM , Bosh was hurt. NOT HAPPENING... Swept in 2011, 4-1 in 2012 and was horrible vs The Thunder that year up until the last game of the playoffs vs the Thunder.. And those were gimme points he scored that 5th game cuz the game was a blowout... Pretty much missed playoffs every year since... LOL :applause:

In his prime choked vs a SUNS team and wasn't all that great in that series EITHER....

RidonKs
07-30-2015, 04:02 PM

not isaiah thomas

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 04:07 PM
Lebron won 2 despite injuries and despite throwing the most sure one away.

Smoke117
07-30-2015, 04:13 PM
4/4 with Kobe...good one. The heat won with defense more than offense...especially in 2012 and Lebron was generally the most impactful defender except in 2011 (when Wade was still healthy and they were a devastating duo) and 2014 when he was just tired. In 2012 he was easily their best defensive player and at his peak in this regard...so this clown really thinks you can replace him with Kobe who has little to no impact defensively by this time and they are just going to win it all? :oldlol: Good one.

G0ATbe
07-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Kobe would have 9 rings and since he wouldn't have left, eventually 10:bowdown:.

BBallZen83
07-30-2015, 04:20 PM
Replace your brain with any other normal, functional brain from 2011-2014, how many Kobe/Lebron posts?

superteamtheory
07-30-2015, 04:44 PM
he wouldn't lose by a record margin that's for sure. :roll: :roll: :roll:

it would definitely put MJ's mythic ability to make teammates fly to the test.. to see if his extra 7 ppg (which still wouldn't be enough) could inspire that crumbling Heat roster to play A1 defence instead of putting up a record bad stand while Wade falls apart from unreported injuries...

likewise, MJ wouldn't have defensive lapses in game 2 2011, wouldn't have a Space Jam stolen abilities game and might be able to help better on Nowitzki... but can he actually jump inside Bosh's skin and play better straight up D than Bosh was able to I kinda doubt it, never saw MJ do that... but his fans tell me there is literally nothing he can't do so psychic mind control is definitely not out of the question, especially with how he controlled the refs... and that last part would help Heat a lot in 2011... he also could have stopped Wade from getting injured pre-game 6 critical game...

MJ might have scored more to bring Cleveland the title in 2008, making him infinitely better than Bron by a whole 1 game that year, he probably would have got to Finals in 2009 then lost to Kobe's superior roster anyway and in 2010 he wouldn't have quit on team, he would have put up a bunch of meaningless overglorified stats then lost anyway and Shaq would take the blame for being too old..

in 2015 he may have won and be hailed for his ability to score 7 more ppg on .100% better shooting and turn scrubs into stars like LBJ does, they'd build a statue for him outside the new Warriors arena and he'd be universally agreed upon as the GOAT (whereas if LBJ did exact same thing and wins everybody would say pft. still just 3/6) and those who didn't agree MJ is the greatest guy ever would be burned at stakes as a sacrifice to the basketball gods, as it is now... but if he lost, it'd just be an off year with excuses, like 95...

:cheers:

ekosky
07-30-2015, 04:49 PM
What. A. Meltdown.