PDA

View Full Version : how many games do the pistons win next season?

RidonKs
07-30-2015, 05:47 PM
i'm saying 45+

deep well coached team with lots of improving youngsters and not much chemistry conflict... size versatility defense shooting scoring. kcp can help with running the offense. steve blake will be a steadying influence.

stan van gundy is saying they have five full time scouts on the payroll since last winter, which according to him is unprecedented in the nba. great interview with zach lowe on grantland, another very candid conversation from a van gundy brother.

Legends66NBA7
07-30-2015, 06:04 PM
Detroit hasn't won 45+ since 07/08, which was also the last time they were an above .500 team. While I like their acquisitions, they are still a very young squad and I don't think they'll get that far. Probably hover around that mark.

Biggest problem is that they'll be in the toughest division in the East. Have to face Cleveland, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Indiana 4 times. Both Milwaukee and Indiana are in the same tier and all 3 are going to be scrapping for those final playoff spots. They should have the coaching advantage, but Kidd and Vogel have done good jobs too.

It looked like their still a year away, so I give them about 39-40 wins.

outbreak
07-30-2015, 06:21 PM
32~

WayOfWade
07-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Unless they make the playoffs, their win amount isn't really important to me.

ballup
07-30-2015, 06:27 PM
45+ wins usually means a 4th to 6th seed in the East. Out of the East's teams, I see the Cavs, Bulls, Hawks, Bucks, Raptors, and Wizards as sure fire locks over the Pistons.

If things don't go wrong for the Heat like last season, they are likely to be better than the Pistons too. Celtics are still a wild card with their current roster situation. The Knicks have a more complete roster, but I'm not entirely convinced whether Melo will be interested in this group. Pacers don't have much of a front line anymore, but they do have a stronger 2 and their star will be back.

So 6 teams over the Pistons on lock and I'd say at least half out of the 4 questionables will have better records. I'll throw out a 36-39 wins for them.

RidonKs
07-30-2015, 06:36 PM
pistons will leap into the same category as the bucks and wizards. celtics still don't have the talent. raptors will take a small step back, their only chance is an easier schedule thanks to their division rival sucking the big one. pistons are in a much tougher division so i guess there's a balancing effect there.

cavs
bulls
heat
hawks

raps
bucks
wiz
pistons

pacers are the only team in the east that can throw things for a loop but personally i don't see it. 45+ for the pistons might be a stretch but they'll go at least .500. reggie jackson and ersan illyasova gonna each have great years.