PDA

View Full Version : Dear "GOAT = Finals record" crowd: Stop disrespecting John Havlicek 8-0 in the Finals

CavaliersFTW
07-30-2015, 08:55 PM
He's GOAT by finals record criteria no if's and's or but's.

If your face is suckling upon the tit of Finals records, please feast your eyes upon the GOATliest GOAT in basketball history ever. More flawless victories than the false deity known as Michael "gotta combine his career with Hakeem to match Hondo" Jordan. Better winning percentage in the Finals than Bill "You lost once breh" Russell.

Lebron and Kobe don't hold a candle. Wilt who!? Flawless victory by John Havlicek. Most flawless Finals career ever.

Get em GOATlicek! By his proven track record Hondo would BULLY literally ANY PLAYER from ANY ERA in the Finals EVER the man has NEVER LOST on the biggest stage! He played against Robert Parish who played against Kobe Bryant, if the mind **** hasn't set in yet the visa vis is Hondo is capable of playing anyone anytime now pick up that slack jaw and stop breathing out your mouth.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/John-Havlicek-says-Paul-Pierce-is-the-greatest-one-on-one-player-in-Celtics-history..jpg
So ahead of his time the outdated caption only mentions wheeling to the basket but the modern caption would read: UNDEFEATED EIGHT TIMES

No disrespect to Jordan or Bill Russell intended. They're some of the greats but they just didn't do what Hondo did. Just jumpin in on the ringz discussion to make sure Hondo doesn't continuously get disrespected by these ring jerkers shouting out fractions. Jordan aint the benchmark. Russell aint either. HondGOAT is.

8/8

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 08:58 PM
8/8, wait does this mean hondo is goat?:biggums:
/ish logic

gilalizard
07-30-2015, 08:59 PM
So ****ing salty.

Well guess what, this means LeBald is even further away from GOAT status.

8/8
6/6
5/7
2*/6

Which you want?

CavaliersFTW
07-30-2015, 08:59 PM
/ish logic
Yes.

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 09:11 PM
who ever said jordan had the goat finals record

bill russell has the best finals record

11-1 would be ahead of 6-0 or 8-0 in any type of standings for major league pro sports

its his 6 for 6 fmvp's everyone boasts about... LOL silly OP

:lol

TheBigVeto
07-30-2015, 09:45 PM
/ish logic

He has a case for that.
I have to bump him up to 2nd GOAT SG now, after Michael Jordan.

RRR3
07-30-2015, 09:47 PM
OP is right, but ISH trolls never worry about being consistent in their inane arguments.

warriorfan
07-30-2015, 09:52 PM

If your face is suckling upon the tit of Finals records, please feast your eyes upon the GOATliest GOAT in basketball history ever. More flawless victories than the false deity known as Michael "gotta combine his career with Hakeem to match Hondo" Jordan. Better winning percentage in the Finals than Bill "You lost once breh" Russell.

Lebron and Kobe don't hold a candle. Wilt who!? Flawless victory by John Havlicek. Most flawless Finals career ever.

Get em GOATlicek! By his proven track record Hondo would BULLY literally ANY PLAYER from ANY ERA in the Finals EVER the man has NEVER LOST on the biggest stage! He played against Robert Parish who played against Kobe Bryant, if the mind **** hasn't set in yet the visa vis is Hondo is capable of playing anyone anytime now pick up that slack jaw and stop breathing out your mouth.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/John-Havlicek-says-Paul-Pierce-is-the-greatest-one-on-one-player-in-Celtics-history..jpg
So ahead of his time the outdated caption only mentions wheeling to the basket but the modern caption would read: UNDEFEATED EIGHT TIMES

No disrespect to Jordan or Bill Russell intended. They're some of the greats but they just didn't do what Hondo did. Just jumpin in on the ringz discussion to make sure Hondo doesn't continuously get disrespected by these ring jerkers shouting out fractions. Jordan aint the benchmark. Russell aint either. HondGOAT is.

8/8

I agree 100% Hondo was the man on those teams, Russell was a glorified hustle man along for the ride. That is why it's not impressive that Wilt put up stats an overrated 6'9 Russell. Wilt's best competition was a second fiddle hustle man and he still couldn't get it done. What a choke.

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 09:52 PM
He has a case for that.
I have to bump him up to 2nd GOAT SG now, after Michael Jordan.
Why stop at 2nd, 8 rings bro.

sdot_thadon
07-30-2015, 09:53 PM
I agree 100% Hondo was the man on those teams, Russell was a glorified hustle man along for the ride. That is why it's not impressive that Wilt put up stats bs an overrated 6'9 Russell. Wilt's best competition was a second fiddle hustle man and he still couldn't get it done. What a choke.
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

T_L_P
07-30-2015, 09:54 PM
Nobody calls him the GOAT because he averaged 22/6/5 in the overpaced 60s and he won a few rings scoring as little as 12 and 13 PPG.

The lynchpin of the 'Jordan is GOAT' argument isn't his Finals record. It's that he's the greatest Playoff and Finals performer of all-time.

Why are you so bitter?

DonDadda59
07-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Hondo's underrated as phuck. Been saying that for years around here (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127659)

RRR3
07-30-2015, 09:57 PM
Hondo's underrated as phuck. Been saying that for years around here (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127659)
Kobe fans scurred of this thread.

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 09:59 PM
was checking for some highlights and came across this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ARGtKNGp9Y

check out the video at 68 seconds in..

:roll: :roll:

Wilt just fuccing beasting down to court to contest the shot...

Hey Yo
07-30-2015, 10:00 PM
Nobody calls him the GOAT because he averaged 22/6/5 in the overpaced 60s and he won a few rings scoring as little as 12 and 13 PPG.

The lynchpin of the 'Jordan is GOAT' argument isn't his Finals record. It's that he's the greatest Playoff and Finals performer of all-time.

Why are you so bitter?
But Hondo never quit the league...twice... with the chance to repeat or 4peat.

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 10:05 PM

But he did play on a four-peat team (from '63 thru '66.)

ClipperRevival
I guess that makes Robert Horry 2nd GOAT. He's 7/7. :biggums:

TheMarkMadsen

of his 8 rings 3 rings came in an era where you had to win 4 games to make the finals..

4 of hist 8 rings came while averaging less than 19 points per game for the entire playoffs..

8 of his 8 rings came in an era where had to either win 4 or 8 games to make the finals..

:sleeping :sleeping

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 10:06 PM
I guess that makes Robert Horry 2nd GOAT. He's 7/7. :biggums:

Hondo was Boston's best player in their '68, '69, and '74 title runs. And a KEY contributer in the other five.

Horry...occasionally would hit a big shot (Big Shot Bob.)

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:07 PM
But he did play on a four-peat team (from '63 thru '66.)

the athleticism shown by Wilt here at 1:08 really showcase his ability and effort

you guys should add that to the collection

:applause: :applause:

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 10:08 PM
of his 8 rings 3 rings came in an era where you had to win 4 games to make the finals..

4 of hist 8 rings came while averaging less than 19 points per game for the entire playoffs..

8 of his 8 rings came in an era where had to either win 4 or 8 games to make the finals..

:sleeping :sleeping

In his title runs...

11, 10, 12, 17, 19, 18, 18, and 15 playoff games.

the mesiah
07-30-2015, 10:10 PM
There U have it ..
TOP 5 ALL TIME
1."GOATdo"
2.Jordan I guess
3.IT
4.DOESN'T
5.MATTER

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:10 PM
In his title runs...

11, 10, 12, 17, 19, 18, 18, and 15 playoff games.

that's like mid second round in the playoffs these days..

every single year he either had to win 4 games or 8 games to make the finals..

sorry but..

that's not nearly as impressive as having to win 12 games to make the finals..

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 10:13 PM
the athleticism shown by Wilt here at 1:08 really showcase his ability and effort

you guys should add that to the collection

:applause: :applause:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

A couple of minutes of Wilt's career.

How about this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G94iJr8ZbzM

And all of that comprised less than 2% of his career, and with zero footage from his most dominating performances.

And if you can't watch all of that...this is a pretty good condensed version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWrGWuU2Ak

THAT Chamberlain would just CRUSH the stumble-bums of today.

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 10:14 PM
that's like mid second round in the playoffs these days..

every single year he either had to win 4 games or 8 games to make the finals..

sorry but..

that's not nearly as impressive as having to win 12 games to make the finals..

So, instead of facing a powerhouse in the first or second round...Havlicek could have REALLY beefed up post-season numbers by adding MORE cannon-fodder in earlier rounds.

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:19 PM
that type of laziness and self loathing attitude displayed in the video I posted is probably the biggest reason why Wilt has more than 3x as many losses in the finals as he has wins..

turns it over then jogs down the court while not even trying to contest the shot which could have easily of been contested..

no wonder this dude never won shit until he took a lesser role..

and if you continue watching that video I posted he goes on to claim Boston was the luckiest team of all time, and cites Havliceks steal from the finals as an example..

what a fuccing loser mentality

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 10:19 PM
Kobe fans scurred of this thread.

its about rings by mvp winners with asterisks for 60's titles or lockouts ( half value )

its always been this way.

hense

#1a jordan ( 6 )
#1b kareem ( 6 )
#3 russell ( 5.5 )
#4a magic ( 5 )
#4b kobe ( 5 )
#6 duncan ( 4.5 )
#7 shaq ( 4 )
#8 bird ( 3 )
#9 hakeem ( 2 )
#10 wilt ( 1.5 )
#10b lebron ( 1.5 )

andgar923
07-30-2015, 10:20 PM

8/8

STFU you were born in the 80s and never saw him play outside highlight reels.

Even then, nobody states that MJ is GOAT solely because he went 6/6. He's the GOAT for that and HOW he won and the moments that he gave us along the way.

F*ckin *******

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:22 PM

So, instead of facing a powerhouse in the first or second round...Havlicek could have REALLY beefed up post-season numbers by adding MORE cannon-fodder in earlier rounds.

wtf are you talking about, i never said anything about his numbers.. his numbers for playing in the high paced 60's (where the best players averaged trip doubles and put up 50ppg) aren't even that impressive

it's much tougher to have to consistently play your best ball for 4 straight series than it is for 2, that's just a simple fact..

those runs aren't as impressive when you consider that by the time they won the finals they had played less games than most teams play by the second round this year..

and not to mention that all he has to do is win 4 games to make the finals while he has a team loaded with future HOFers..

it's not that impressive

TheBigVeto
Why stop at 2nd, 8 rings bro.

Ok then 1a and 1b with Michael Jordan.

RRR3
that type of laziness and self loathing attitude displayed in the video I posted is probably the biggest reason why Wilt has more than 3x as many losses in the finals as he has wins..

turns it over then jogs down the court while not even trying to contest the shot which could have easily of been contested..

and if you continue watching that video I posted he goes on to claim Boston was the luckiest team of all time, and cites Havliceks steal from the finals as an example..

You call yourself a Lakers fan and here you are shitting on one of the Lakers all time greats. Just admit you are a Kobe dickrider already

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:28 PM
You call yourself a Lakers fan and here you are shitting on one of the Lakers all time greats. Just admit you are a Kobe dickrider already

he's not all time great Laker

he's an all time great who happened to wear a Lakers jersey for a few years

Wilt spent the tail end of his career on the Lakers years before I was even born , I have no investment in that.. I didn't watch that, I didn't celebrate that, I didn't begin to like the Lakers and then retroactively throw a party in honor of Wilt's 14 ppg during the 72 playoffs..

and again for like the 5th time today get off my dick..

Smoke117
07-30-2015, 10:29 PM
Wilt spent the tail end of his career on the Lakers years before I was even born , I have no investment in that.. I didn't watch that, I didn't celebrate that, I didn't begin to like the Lakers and then retroactively throw a party in honor of Wilt's 14 ppg during the 72 playoffs..

This f@ggot never shuts up with his moronic bullshit nonsense. too easily trolled, rent free. lol

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 10:30 PM

i'm sorry but blind faith is never something to be proud of

you're probably religious and fallow/do/worship/believe everything you were told at a young age too eh. can't think for yourself. you need a source to tell you what to do

no wonder youre a bran stan

people who think for themselves can actually give constructive criticism on something thats affiliated with their own passion

if a guy likes the lakers. that doesnt mean they have to respect kwame brown ?

or smush parker?

magic was an all time great but some laker fans werent fans when he played

so theres absolutely no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt 100% of the time in any debate just because he played for a team people currently root for

thats homerism at its worst.

and the fact that youre belittling someone for not succumbing to that unsightly trend is peculiar to say the least

log off and kill yourself

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:30 PM
This f@ggot never shuts up with his moronic bullshit nonsense.

Wilt isn't an all time great Laker..

he's an all time great who happened to play for the Lakers for a few years..

there's nothing "all time great" about his years with the Lakers..

Worthy is more of a Laker great than Wilt..

RRR3
07-30-2015, 10:31 PM

I don't root for the Cavs you ***, I root for LeBron. Team wise I root for Miami.

RRR3
07-30-2015, 10:32 PM
i'm sorry but blind faith is never something to be proud of

you're probably religious and fallow/do/worship/believe everything you were told at a young age too eh. can't think for yourself. you need a source to tell you what to do

no wonder youre a bran stan

people who think for themselves can actually give constructive criticism on something thats affiliated with their own passion

if a guy likes the lakers. that doesnt mean they have to respect kwame brown ?

or smush parker?

magic was an all time great but some laker fans werent fans when he played

so theres absolutely no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt 100% of the time in any debate just because he played for a team people currently root for

thats homerism at its worst.

and the fact that youre belittling someone for not succumbing to that unsightly trend is peculiar to say the least

log off and kill yourself
Still salty I ethered you i see.

I don't believe in God FYI. Go **** your self

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 10:33 PM

Here is a 35 year old Wilt, playing with one badly sprained wrist, and the other FRACTURED...in the clinching game five of the '72 Finals. And keep in mind, that Wilt had, BY ALL ACCOUNTS, outplayed a PEAK Kareem in the previous round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvPQV1WHtsU

And watching that footage...I have no doubt that Wilt could have hung 40 that night.

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 10:34 PM
Still salty I ethered you i see.

I don't believe in God FYI. Go **** your self

lol that fake story was a rehash joke you tried on ISH a day or 2 before with a different fake pic and headline... but it didnt go over as well as you planned so you repackaged it and mailed it out again like some carlos mencia wannabe stand up comedian

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Here is a 35 year old Wilt, playing with one badly sprained wrist, and the other FRACTURED...in the clinching game five of the '72 Finals. And keep in mind, that Wilt had, BY ALL ACCOUNTS, outplayed a PEAK Kareem in the previous round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvPQV1WHtsU

And watching that footage...I have no doubt that Wilt could have hung 40 that night.

you're missing the point

Wilt didn't have his best years as a Laker

yeah he won some rings in LA, but the Lakers have a really deep history full of players who have spent their entire careers here..

I would put Kareem > Wilt as an all time great Laker regardless of where I rank them in my top 10 all time.

Same goes with Magic, Kobe etc.

iamgine
07-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Havlicek to Russell impact was like Pippen to Jordan.

Clearly Russell had much bigger impact and thus Havlicek was disqualified from GOAT talk.

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:36 PM
lol that fake story was a rehash joke you tried on ISH a day or 2 before with a different fake pic and headline... but it didnt go over as well as you planned so you repackaged it and mailed it out again like some carlos mencia wannabe stand up comedian

lmao thats actually true, I saw the original attempt and it nobody really cared

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 10:38 PM

In Wilt's five seasons in LA...

FOUR Finals, two of which had game seven losses (and he dominated in both)...seasons of 55-27, 60-22, and 69-13 (and all-time Laker record.) Led his Lakers to their first ever title in LA.

FOUR RPG titles (and had he not been injured in the '69-70 season...a fifth, as well as a ppg and FG% title.) THREE FG% titles, including the all-time record of .727. TWO First-Team All-Defense (and likely at least one DPOY had the award existed.) And a FMVP.

Not bad for five seasons, four of which came after major knee surgery.

RRR3
07-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Mad.

I learn from my mistakes.

You should do the same.

DonDadda59
07-30-2015, 10:40 PM

In Wilt's five seasons in LA...

FOUR Finals, two of which had game seven losses (and he dominated in both)...seasons of 55-27, 60-22, and 69-13 (and all-time Laker record.) Led his Lakers to their first ever title in LA.

FOUR RPG titles (and had he not been injured in the '69-70 season...a fifth, as well as a ppg and FG% title.) THREE FG% titles, including the all-time record of .727. TWO First-Team All-Defense (and likely at least one DPOY had the award existed.) And a FMVP.

Not bad for five seasons, four of which came after major knee surgery.

Wilt in LA = 1970s DeAndre Jordan with better teammates. Teammates who made the finals the season before he got there, mind you.

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 10:46 PM
Wilt in LA = 1970s DeAndre Jordan with better teammates. Teammates who made the finals the season before he got there, mind you.

Where was BAYLOR from '71 thru '73? And how did he do in the '72 Finals. Oh, and in their ONE FULL season together...Baylor put up a 15 ppg .385 FG% playoff run, which included performances in three Finals' losses of 2-14, 4-18, and 8-22 shooting.

And again, in West's five years with Wilt...

ONE truly great playoff run; ONE very good playoff run, albeit, he puked all over the floor in a game seven Finals loss; one below average playoff run; one HORRIFIC playoff run; and another in which he MISSED the entire post-season.

Not quite the same as joining a PRIME Baylor and West combo, was it?

Smoke117
07-30-2015, 10:46 PM

Man wtf? I forgot to add in some white text and you responded before I even could and it took me literally maybe 15 secs to do that. What do you do...just sit there hitting reload...get a life bro. Kobe doesn't care about you.

HylianNightmare
07-30-2015, 10:50 PM
His ankle looks terrifying on that cover

DonDadda59
07-30-2015, 10:52 PM

Where was BAYLOR from '71 thru '73? And how did he do in the '72 Finals. Oh, and in their ONE FULL season together...Baylor put up a 15 ppg .385 FG% playoff run, which included performances in three Finals' losses of 2-14, 4-18, and 8-22 shooting.

And again, in West's five years with Wilt...

ONE truly great playoff run; ONE very good playoff run, albeit, he puked all over the floor in a game seven Finals loss; one below average playoff run; one HORRIFIC playoff run; and another in which he MISSED the entire post-season.

Not quite the same as joining a PRIME Baylor and West combo, was it?

Hey, when the Lakers made the finals the year before Dippy got there and lost to the Celtics... only for them to lose in the finals to the Cetics after Dip got there... you think they could've possibly won had Wilt averaged more than 11.7 PPG that series? :confusedshrug:

And1AllDay
07-30-2015, 10:53 PM

:lol :applause:

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:56 PM
Man wtf? I forgot to add in some white text and you responded before I even could and it took me literally maybe 15 secs to do that. What do you do...just sit there hitting reload...get a life bro. Kobe doesn't care about you.

i'm sure whatever your angry ass had was going to put in white text was going to be a gem :rolleyes:

you fuccing weirdo you BRING UP KOBE EVERY TIME YOU RESPOND TO ME and i'm not even talking abut Kobe.. second time this week you've done that..

:roll:

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 10:56 PM
IMO wilt is the GOAT player in the regular season

and an absolute BETA in the playoffs

dude was shook of his own dick shadow

probably looked like someone was chasing him with a spiked bat cause of all the mushroom std's growing on his tip

goodrich dominated the finals, west was 2nd leading scorer. yet the renowned playoff choker wins fmvp

doesnt make sense

wilt was the original lechoke. and i'd be a hypocrite if i backed him as a basketball fan... even if i'm a laker fan

TheMarkMadsen
07-30-2015, 10:59 PM

pretty much

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 11:00 PM
goat laker centers

#1 kareem ( 5 titles )
#2 shaq ( 3 titles )
#3 mikan ( 2.5 titles, pre 70's half value )
#4 wilt ( 1 title )

no one can argue this

Smoke117
07-30-2015, 11:04 PM
i'm sure whatever your angry ass had was going to put in white text was going to be a gem :rolleyes:

you fuccing weirdo you BRING UP KOBE EVERY TIME YOU RESPOND TO ME and i'm not even talking abut Kobe.. second time this week you've done that..

:roll:

rent free

sportjames23
07-30-2015, 11:05 PM

Why are you so bitter?

/thread

Smoke117
07-30-2015, 11:06 PM

probably looked like someone was chasing him with a spiked bat cause of all the mushroom std's growing on his tip

goodrich dominated the finals, west was 2nd leading scorer. yet the renowned playoff choker wins fmvp

doesnt make sense

wilt was the original lechoke. and i'd be a hypocrite if i backed him as a basketball fan... even if i'm a laker fan

You are about 17 years old...what the hell do you know? lol. Gotta love these children throwing around what they think of players they read a few statistics about and watched a couple highlights of. Pathetic. That you even think anyone would take your opinion seriously in any capacity basketball related leaves me gasping for air in laughter.

FireDavidKahn
07-30-2015, 11:08 PM

Damn, dat whitey clowning those nigguhs:oldlol:

kennethgriffin
the goat finals performer could be bill russell in all honesty

11 for 12 record

probably averaged a combined 15ppg/25rpg/5apg/5blk/5stl as the teams co-offensive playmaker and defensive anchor while being the leagues best defender

its too bad they didnt keep more advanced stats back then or hand out fmvps

LAZERUSS

doesnt make sense

You want the WORST Finals performer of all-time by a Top-10 candidate?

None other than your boy KOBE:

99-00
Regular season 22.5 ppg .468 FG%
Finals 15.6 ppg .367 FG%
Last Game of Series .296 FG%

00-01
Regular season 28.5 ppg .464 FG%
Finals 24.6 ppg .415 FG%
Last Game of Series .389 FG%

01-02
Regular season 25.2 ppg .469
Finals 26.8 ppg .514 FG%
Last Game of Series .438 FG%

03-04
Regular season 24.0 ppg .438 FG%
Finals 22.6 ppg .381 FG%
Last Game of Series .333 FG%

07-08
Regular season 28.3 ppg .459 FG%
Finals 25.7 ppg .405 FG%
Last Game of Series .318 FG%

08-09
Regular season 26.8 ppg .467 FG%
Finals 32.4 ppg .430 FG%
Last Game of Series .435 FG%

09-10
Regular season 27.0 ppg .456 FG%
Finals 28.6 ppg .405 FG%
Last Game of Series .250 FG%

Other noteables:

97-98
Swept by Utah 4-0.
Kobe averages 10.0 ppg on a .367 FG%

98-99
Swept by San Antonio 4-0
Last game of the series : Kobe 16 points on a .438 FG%

02-03
Lose to Spurs in WCF's, 4-2.
Last game loss by a score of 110-82 (Kobe with 20 points in a season in which he averaged 30 ppg)

03-04 Finals
Heavily favored Lakers lose to Pistons, 4-1.
In the clinching game five loss Kobe shoots .333 in a 100-87 loss (and LA was down 23 going into 4th quarter)

04-05
Team goes 34-48 and misses playoffs

05-06
Regular season 35.4 ppg .450
Playoffs 27.9 ppg .497
Last game (7) 24 points in a 121-90 loss (after blowing a 3-1 series lead)

06-07
Team goes 42-40
Loses in first round to Suns, 4-1.
Last game of that series, Kobe shoots .394 from the floor

07-08
Lakers are blown out by Celts in Finals.
In game four the Lakers blow a 23 point lead, and lose, in a game in which Kobe shot .316 from the field.
In the clinching game six loss, the Lakers lose by a Finals record margin of 131-92. Kobe shoots .318 from the floor.

10-11
Lakers with HCA are swept by the Mavs, 4-0.
In the clinching game four loss, LA loses 122-86. Kobe shoots .389 from the field.

Just pure TRASH.

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 11:11 PM
You are about 17 years old...what the hell do you know? lol. Gotta love these children throwing around what they think of players they read a few statistics about and watched a couple highlights of. Pathetic. That you even think anyone would take your opinion seriously in any capacity basketball related leaves me gasping for air in laughter.

i'm 31

and you'd have to be in your 60's to know anything more about wilt chamberlain than i do

and even then i know for a fact that 95% of the games back then werent even televised

so youd be basing your advanced knowledge on a few live games

:oldlol:

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 11:15 PM
You want the WORST Finals performer of all-time by a Top-10 candidate?

None other than your boy KOBE:

Just pure TRASH.

i'm sorry

all i see is

5 for 7
2 fmvps

25/5/5 all time combined finals average
26/6/5 all time combined championship playoff average

21/5/5 playoffs in 2000
29/7/6 playoffs in 2001
27/6/5 playoffs in 2002
30/6/5 playoffs in 2009
29/5/5 playoffs in 2010

so what if he had a lower fg%. hes a guard. the points per shot/true shooting % and result is all that matters

KevinNYC
07-30-2015, 11:16 PM

Plus look at the quality of sneakers they had back then.

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 11:20 PM
i'm sorry

all i see is

5 for 7
2 fmvps

25/5/5 all time combined finals average
26/6/5 all time combined championship playoff average

21/5/5 playoffs in 2000
29/7/6 playoffs in 2001
27/6/5 playoffs in 2002
30/6/5 playoffs in 2009
29/5/5 playoffs in 2010

so what if he had a lower fg%. hes a guard. the points per shot/true shooting % and result is all that matters

HISTORICALLY LOW FG%'s.

Thank god for Shaq in the first three Finals. And thank god for Gasol in the last two title runs, as well as Ron Artest saving his "6-24" ass in a game seven.

TheMan
07-30-2015, 11:20 PM
OP makes a great case, will move Hondo on my all time list from #22 to #21 :bowdown:

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 11:33 PM
HISTORICALLY LOW FG%'s.

Thank god for Shaq in the first three Finals. And thank god for Gasol in the last two title runs, as well as Ron Artest saving his "6-24" ass in a game seven.

his season fg% is 45.1%
25.4ppg career

his playoff fg% is 44.8%
25.6ppg career

his finals fg% is 41.1%
24.7 PPG career

5 for 7 nba finals
5 titles

historically bad?

wilts numbers dropped off quite a bit more than that. kobes actually sorta went up in the playoffs overall

wilts season fg% was 54.0%
30.1ppg

wilts playoff fg% was 52.2%
22.5ppg

wilts finals fg% was 45.1%
17.2ppg

2 for 5 finals
1 fmvp

i actually just made up his finals average. its what i assume it is. waiting for you to notice and give me the real and much lower numbers than originally thought

deja vu
07-30-2015, 11:33 PM
its about rings by mvp winners with asterisks for 60's titles or lockouts ( half value )

its always been this way.

hense

#1a jordan ( 6 )
#1b kareem ( 6 )
#3 russell ( 5.5 )
#4a magic ( 5 )
#4b kobe ( 5 )
#6 duncan ( 4.5 )
#7 shaq ( 4 )
#8 bird ( 3 )
#9 hakeem ( 2 )
#10 wilt ( 1.5 )
#10b lebron ( 1.5 )
This guy. :rolleyes:

TheMan
07-30-2015, 11:35 PM
Hey, when the Lakers made the finals the year before Dippy got there and lost to the Celtics... only for them to lose in the finals to the Cetics after Dip got there... you think they could've possibly won had Wilt averaged more than 11.7 PPG that series? :confusedshrug:
:biggums:

Adjusting it per pace today and that's like 6 PPG :yaohappy:

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 11:40 PM
This guy. :rolleyes:

you act like my rankings arent mirrored by 90% of media/fan/voting outlets

people naturally hold those rankings by instinct. i just clarified the reasons why their subconscious comes to that conclusion by instituting a formula

its obvious people think highly of russell. but not as highly as jordan. they wanna say he doesnt have a legit 6. but at the same time wanna put him in the goat conversation. you cant demote him to 5 cause he'd be tied with kobe/magic/duncan

so naturally people think his rings are worth about half of 11

just makes sense to discount sh*t eras

lockouts are a real asterisk aswell

LAZERUSS
07-30-2015, 11:42 PM
his season fg% is 45.1%
25.4ppg career

his playoff fg% is 44.8%
25.6ppg career

his finals fg% is 41.1%
24.7 PPG career

5 for 7 nba finals
5 titles

historically bad?

wilts numbers dropped off quite a bit more than that. kobes actually sorta went up in the playoffs overall

wilts season fg% was 54.0%
30.1ppg

wilts playoff fg% was 52.2%
22.5ppg

wilts finals fg% was 45.1%
17.2ppg

2 for 5 finals
1 fmvp

i actually just made up his finals average. its what i assume it is. waiting for you to notice and give me the real and much lower numbers than originally thought

I noticed and here were his six Finals numbers, five of which were played after his scoring prime. 18.6 ppg on a .560 FG%, while outscoring his opposing centers (ALL in the HOF), and holding them to a combined .439 FG%. Oh, and he outrebounded those HOF peers in EVERY Finals, and by a collective 24-16 margin.

BTW, Chamberlain's playoff career FG% of .522, came in post-seasons that shot about .435 in that same span...or nearly a staggering nine percentage points higher than the post-season league average.

deja vu
07-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Kenneth, why do you discount lockout titles by the way?

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 11:46 PM
I noticed and here were his six Finals numbers, five of which were played after his scoring prime. 18.6 ppg on a .560 FG%, while outscoring his opposing centers (ALL in the HOF), and holding them to a combined .439 FG%. Oh, and he outrebounded those HOF peers in EVERY Finals, and by a collective 24-16 margin.

BTW, Chamberlain's playoff career FG% of .522, came in post-seasons that shot about .435 in that same span...or nearly a staggering nine percentage points higher than the post-season league average.

dropping from 30 to 22 to 18

thats futile beta'ness to say the least

if kobe shed 12 points off his average his fg% would go up too

being scared isnt something to be applauded for

DonDadda59
07-30-2015, 11:51 PM
:biggums:

Adjusting it per pace today and that's like 6 PPG :yaohappy:

Also averaged 11.6 PPG against the Knicks in yet another finals loss.

Now you know why they called him the Big Dipper :ohwell:

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 11:51 PM
Kenneth, why do you discount lockout titles by the way?

because theyre not the same as a real title

theyre a bogus season with an alternate reality/4th dimensional outcome

had the seasons been redone with 82 games. the timeline would have been drastically different. and more than likely 1 or 2 different teams end up there at the end since allot of luck/streaks/health goes into winning a title

meaning it wasnt meant to be and only happened due to the lockout occurring

had there been a full season in 1999... would ewing have been injured? would the leagues best team during the regular season ( jazz ) been more consistant in the playoffs?

had there been a full season in 2012... would rose have been injured? would the lakers had been better with their new coach and system had they been granted with a training camp? would gasol have stunk so much? would older teams have benefited more had there not been back to back to backs and 5 games in 6 nights?

who knows... what i do know is theyre not fully entrusted rings to whomever owns one

LAZERUSS
07-31-2015, 12:03 AM

In a season in which he averaged 9 ppg against the Knicks, and 13 ppg overall. Just a HUGE drop, right?

Oh, and he badly outrebounded Reed in that Finals, by a 19-9 margin. And in the last game of the series, he outscored Reed, 23-18, and outrebounded him, 21-12.

LAZERUSS
07-31-2015, 12:09 AM

Kareem against Thurmond in the '72 playoffs...

In a season in which Kareem averaged 34.8 ppg on a .574 FG%...

22.8 ppg on a .405 FG%.

Oh, and Thurmond outscored him, 25.0 ppg to 22.8 ppg, and outshot him, .437 to .405.

More of the same the next season...

In a season in which Kareem averaged 30 ppg on a .550 FG%...

22.8 ppg on a .428 FG%...

BUT, this time he took his 60-22 Bucks down the toilet in that first round series, losing to a 47-35 Warrior team, that Chamberlain's 60-22 team would destroy in the next round.

superteamtheory
07-31-2015, 07:35 AM
John Havlicek is clearly the GOAT.

8 beats 6, as Michael Jordan always points out. ("5 beats 2" etc. Well then, 8 beats 6...)

And we all know Russell's 11 don't count since Hondo was an all-star for 3 of them... Russell never would have made it that far without Hondo playing as The Man -- proven by how he scores more than Russell = he was the man on that team, not Russell... According to the law of 3Ball, everyone would trade 10 of Russell's rebounds for 10 more points of Hondo's scoring... Statistics are perfect measurements of player impact! :hammerhead:

John Havlicek, the greatest basketball player ever. (Even tho eye test says Ginobili would have been as big a star if he played back in the 70's.)

HONDOOOO
:bowdown:

:confusedshrug:

Psileas
07-31-2015, 09:50 AM

Which is why after all the Sixers destroyed the Celtics in that series. :rolleyes:
Equally ridiculous on your part that you mock Wilt's defensive effort here, only to add that it's no wonder that Wilt won with a "lesser role", despite these 2 things having no connection with each other, since, by "lesser role", you obviously mean lesser scoring. Logic is not your thing, eh?

Not to mention that Wilt was getting huge minutes per game in both his title runs, way more than any other teammate of him.
Btw, Wilt blocked 4 shots in that 2nd half alone.
And it's not "more than 3x as many losses in the finals as he has wins" either, get your facts straight just once in a while, moronic troll.

SugarHill
07-31-2015, 10:24 AM

:oldlol:

StephHamann
07-31-2015, 10:37 AM
8/8 sounds like your typical Cowboys season