PDA

View Full Version : How to fix the NBA.

scm5
07-30-2015, 11:28 PM
What should happen is that instead of the salary cap going up so much due to the TV deal, teams should be allotted significantly more money to used as incentives that are REQUIRED to be given out at the end of a season if they are met. If they are not met, the money goes back to the team.

ASG
ASG Starter
ASG MVP
All-NBA 1st/2nd/3rd
All-NBA Defensive 1st/2nd
6th Man
DPOY
MVP
FMVP
Championship
Additional money for each win

I'm sure I missed other categories that could be awarded, but what it would come down to is, a team gets to allot money to each category depending on how they want their team to be built/ran. There should be a minimum and maximum amount that needs to be awarded for any of these categories. An example would be: If a team wants to be a more defensive orientated team, then they allot more money to making DPOY and making the All-NBA Defensive teams.

What this would do is make the players hungrier to get better in the NBA. There's EXTRA money to be earned. What this also does is make the players hungrier for wins. Tanking would be a step closer to being fixed because if they win a game, the whole team gets more money. If they play good defense, they'll be recognized for it at the end of the season and get money. Good defense makes for better teams.

What I'm thinking is, players make enough money as is. They should keep the salary cap as-is and allot the rest of the cap as a REQUIRED amount to give out as incentives to their players for hitting these goals. This would be around $20m in 2016-17 and $40 in 2017-18 I believe.

outbreak
07-30-2015, 11:32 PM
This is a stupid idea.

Why shouldn't players be paid more? If they don't get the money it just means the owners will.

kennethgriffin
07-30-2015, 11:35 PM
no guaranteed contracts. less money for rookie deals.

will make young players try harder to improve rather than settle

the talent level would sky rocket.

scm5
07-30-2015, 11:45 PM
This is a stupid idea.

Why shouldn't players be paid more? If they don't get the money it just means the owners will.

Nope, the owners can spend less right now if they want. This is actually more money for the players. The max contract players already should get All-NBA, ASG, etc...

These incentives could be given by the league rather than a team.

Since there's a set number of wins/losses in a season, the league could allot a % of the TV money to wins alone. This would make tanking very hard. Players are less likely to be content.

imnew09
07-31-2015, 12:29 AM
Top 16 for playoff. Fk them weak East

outbreak
07-31-2015, 12:42 AM
Nope, the owners can spend less right now if they want. This is actually more money for the players. The max contract players already should get All-NBA, ASG, etc...

These incentives could be given by the league rather than a team.

Since there's a set number of wins/losses in a season, the league could allot a % of the TV money to wins alone. This would make tanking very hard. Players are less likely to be content.

What do you mean they can spend less? If they spend below the minimum cap they have to pay the difference to the players as a bonus. The orlando players each got like 1.2 mil or something as an end of season bonus to make up the difference. I believe we had the highest pay out/lowest salary for the season.

You are also missing the fact that teams already get paid based on how they perform, there are team bonuses (which could be raised) for each leg of the play offs a team makes. As far as I've heard this is then divided equally/voted upon by the players and goes to the players and the teams staff.

FLDFSU
07-31-2015, 12:45 AM
:roll: :roll: at the money going back to the team...

The damn Clippers just sold for 2 BILLION dollars...and the reason why players are getting paid is because the Owners are getting paid MORE.

:roll: :roll:

AnaheimLakers24
07-31-2015, 01:20 AM
Make a machine that puts all legends in their prime.

outbreak
07-31-2015, 01:30 AM
Make a machine that puts all legends in their prime.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/kmi.gif

And1AllDay
07-31-2015, 01:35 AM
I don't like the idea of giving the money back to the team, but having extra cash as incentives would probably work for the younger players. The more established multi-multi millionaires probably won't care to earn an extra 50K for making the all star game. In my opinion anyway.

Lakers Legend#32
07-31-2015, 04:37 AM
Return the Thunder to Seattle, their rightful home.