PDA

View Full Version : why dont they bloody compete in the all star game??

NZStreetBaller
07-31-2015, 07:40 AM
Im getting quite sick of watching a game thats just a display of skill and if its semi close towards the end they kind of compete. seriously the nba needs to like stir beef up between the conferences. start getting players comments throughout the season on what they think about the opposing conferences.
hell they should even play 2pac and biggie theme songs for the team.
Play ACTUAL basketball it'd be great.

Im so tired of the way it is. a whole bunch of dudes just throwing up fancy pants moves feeling extremely insecure about actually trying (otherwise they'll get judged for taking the all star game seriously)

lets be honest here the most exciting thing thats happen in the all star game in the past decade was kobe defending lebron. (he didnt bite back either)

I'd love it even if their were alot of guys calling eachother out it'd wicked. CP3 vs Irving. lebron vs durant.

bloody make a massive statement everytime one conference wins over the other. somebody get fire into these so called top elite players

Kvnzhangyay
07-31-2015, 07:44 AM
they probably are just tired as fk and see the all star break as a vacation

Quickening
07-31-2015, 07:45 AM
Kobe is the opposite, tries super hard on defence in all star, zero effort in regular season.

NZStreetBaller
07-31-2015, 07:58 AM
they probably are just tired as fk and see the all star break as a vacation

they're the highest paid nba players suck it up.

NZStreetBaller
07-31-2015, 07:59 AM
Kobe is the opposite, tries super hard on defence in all star, zero effort in regular season.

atleast somebody tries

Nuff Said
07-31-2015, 08:18 AM
Are you just now watching the game or something?

Fallen Angel
07-31-2015, 09:01 AM
Threads like this need to be deleted. This dumbass needs to be revoked of his thread making privileges.

sammichoffate
07-31-2015, 11:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHql0vXMu1M
14 years ago, NBA players actually tried on defense :(

WayOfWade
07-31-2015, 11:14 AM
That is true, good for Kobe

DCL
07-31-2015, 11:25 AM
if they truly competed, it'll be an ugly game.

free throw shooting festival and all-star players flopping in the first quarter and shit. :oldlol:

FireDavidKahn
07-31-2015, 11:56 AM
Because it's a game for show and the fans.:rolleyes: :sleeping

Charlie Sheen
07-31-2015, 12:02 PM

that ai alley to himself with vc on the wing shows what his fans love about him and what the haters hate about him in one play :lol

AnaheimLakers24
07-31-2015, 12:27 PM
Bron needs more all stars on his all star team

I Love the Game
07-31-2015, 12:32 PM
There was a Horace Grant radio interview on here last week where he talked about how guys actually cared about the game back then. It was all about bragging rights because they didn't make 20 million a season to be the 9th seed in the east. The bonus money from winning games + bragging rights drove those dudes to a whole other level. I love the league like no other, but AAU 'let's play for fun' ball has taken the edge off certain elements of the competition.

ImmortalNemesis
07-31-2015, 12:41 PM
Millennials.

Real14
07-31-2015, 01:05 PM
That is true, good for Kobe
welcome back my niguh:applause:

RidonKs
07-31-2015, 02:02 PM
****ing awesome, best all star game ever.. the mj return game was sick but a bit erratic iirc

funny thing is kobe lost the game because the double came hard off the pick but he hesitated before delivering to duncan leaving no time

ball hog prick erryday :pimp: :lol

Jailblazers7
07-31-2015, 02:12 PM
I wish they would go back to wearing their team unis in the all-star game. Way cooler than some poorly designed East vs. West shit.

RidonKs
07-31-2015, 02:22 PM
I wish they would go back to wearing their team unis in the all-star game. Way cooler than some poorly designed East vs. West shit.
agreed that was dope

just watched the ending of the 2003 all star game where mj hits the game winner, then kobe loses his man and gets fouled on a prayer by jermaine o'neal... game goes into ow, west dominates, mj's writing is on the wall

that's gotta go down with the blocks on lebron as kobe's greatest all star moment haha everybody wanted to burst out laughing

Bernkastel
07-31-2015, 02:24 PM
Why does anyone watch the all-star game? Or any of the events. They're all weak now.

RidonKs
07-31-2015, 02:37 PM
Why does anyone watch the all-star game? Or any of the events. They're all weak now.
because they used to be good!

Marchesk
07-31-2015, 02:40 PM

Puts some money on the table. Winners get a million each.

bdreason
07-31-2015, 04:05 PM
It's the Kanye West generation. Act like you don't care, and it doesn't matter if you win or lose.

RidonKs
07-31-2015, 04:22 PM
It's the Kanye West generation. Act like you don't care, and it doesn't matter if you win or lose.
:applause:

Bernkastel
07-31-2015, 04:49 PM

It's the All-Star game, so yeah, it doesn't matter if they win or lose.

RidonKs
07-31-2015, 04:51 PM
give the winning side home court advantage in the finals :D

bdreason
07-31-2015, 04:53 PM
It's the All-Star game, so yeah, it doesn't matter if they win or lose.

It doesn't matter if you win or lose a pickup game either... but I still want to win.

West-Side
07-31-2015, 04:58 PM
Maybe they should implement what MLB did?
Winner of the all-star gets home court in the NBA finals.

Bernkastel
07-31-2015, 05:08 PM
It doesn't matter if you win or lose a pickup game either... but I still want to win.

A pretty disingenuous statement considering that pick-up games aren't like all-star games.

Bernkastel
07-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Maybe they should implement what MLB did?
Winner of the all-star gets home court in the NBA finals.

Nobody likes that.

FKAri
07-31-2015, 05:14 PM
lmao Anthony Mason was an all-star? WTF. I don't even remember that :roll:

What an era. Jamaal Magloire and Anthony Mason were all-stars :roll:

RidonKs
07-31-2015, 05:20 PM
lmao Anthony Mason was an all-star? WTF. I don't even remember that :roll:

What an era. Jamaal Magloire and Anthony Mason were all-stars :roll:
mason was a baller man, he did a little bit of everything. athletic scorer early on, great point forward late in his career like a pitch black boris diaw and dabs of fat. mason defending mj in the playoffs. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L2_Yp09-As)

mason with a one handed ft at 2:29, and mj's patented fadeaway shortly after

oarabbus
07-31-2015, 05:30 PM
Because who the fu.ck wants to get injured in a meaningless exhibition game and ruin your chance at playoffs? :facepalm

SHAQisGOAT
07-31-2015, 05:48 PM

Loved that one...

1990 is one of my favorites, star-filled like crazy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omuLSPRwRmA

Really liked the 1983 one as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5SaZcko3D8

But the best I've seen is probably the 1977 one, in terms of EVERYTHING:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsJG5ek5fkI

^Watching the best players in the world competing and almost trying like it's a "real" game is pretty cool... Even very intense and very close at the end.

RidonKs
07-31-2015, 05:55 PM
Because who the fu.ck wants to get injured in a meaningless exhibition game and ruin your chance at playoffs? :facepalm
who the fu.ck wants to get injured in any one of 82 regular season games, especially those your team would probably win or lose anyway, so why not sit out of them to avoid ruining your chance at the playoffs?

because that's dumb, then we wouldn't get to see our favourite stars compete at a high level against one another. well, what's the all-star game? oh that's right, our favourite stars competing at a high level against one another.

Doranku
07-31-2015, 06:00 PM

The Kobe to KG lob off the backboard and then the KG to Kobe lob. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

What a duo that would have been if he had come to LA in '08 instead of Boston.

FKAri
07-31-2015, 06:34 PM
The Kobe to KG lob off the backboard and then the KG to Kobe lob. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

What a duo that would have been if he had come to LA in '08 instead of Boston.

I think Gasol fit in better with the team as crazy as it sounds. When he came to LA, everything just clicked. Plus with Garnett's injury I don't see how LA would've done better than 2 championships.

Dro
07-31-2015, 10:59 PM
There was a Horace Grant radio interview on here last week where he talked about how guys actually cared about the game back then. It was all about bragging rights because they didn't make 20 million a season to be the 9th seed in the east. The bonus money from winning games + bragging rights drove those dudes to a whole other level. I love the league like no other, but AAU 'let's play for fun' ball has taken the edge off certain elements of the competition.
Yup, I saw that and I agree.. It makes for better highlights too..Somebody will have to actually cross somebody up who's playing tight D on them and this is an all-star game so they'll go for the fancy moves more.

But who cares about a bunch of non contested dunks. Shits boring. I look forward to the dunk contest and 3 point shootout more.

Back in the day, I rememer guys getting dunked on in the all-star game because guys are trying to block shots.

Whats fun about watching guys NOT actually compete?

oarabbus
08-01-2015, 01:51 AM
who the fu.ck wants to get injured in any one of 82 regular season games, especially those your team would probably win or lose anyway, so why not sit out of them to avoid ruining your chance at the playoffs?

because that's dumb, then we wouldn't get to see our favourite stars compete at a high level against one another. well, what's the all-star game? oh that's right, our favourite stars competing at a high level against one another.

Because your playoff seed and chance of winning depends on how many regular season games you win. Just ask the Spurs this past season. Please tell me you are being facetious :facepalm :facepalm

MJistheGOAT
08-01-2015, 02:12 AM
Weak era of beta-high paid- friendly superstars.

stalkerforlife
08-01-2015, 04:06 AM
League has way too many injured players to lose another one at an exhibition game.

NZStreetBaller
08-01-2015, 04:31 AM
League has way too many injured players to lose another one at an exhibition game.

82 games of competition...... 1 extra game for the sake of conference pride wont hurt anyone provided d rose isnt selected

NZStreetBaller
08-01-2015, 04:31 AM
Threads like this need to be deleted. This dumbass needs to be revoked of his thread making privileges.

3 pages homo.