PDA

View Full Version : Does Kyrie Irving have the most complete scoring skill set since kobe.

TripleA
07-31-2015, 10:36 AM
He has it all handles, finishing, jump shot and can even post up other small guards. I think he has the most complete scoring skill set since Kobe. The problem is that he is prone to injuries and does not have the length, size or elite athletic ability of other players like Westbrook, Kobe, D-Wade. If he was 6'6 or had elite athleticism would he be a MVP calibre player?

SugarHill
07-31-2015, 10:37 AM
Yes!

Mr Feeny
07-31-2015, 10:41 AM
He has it all handles, finishing, jump shot and can even post up other small guards. I think he has the most complete scoring skill set since Kobe. The problem is that he is prone to injuries and does not have the length, size or elite athletic ability of other players like Westbrook, Kobe, D-Wade. If he was 6'6 or had elite athleticism would he be a MVP calibre player?

You talked about athleticism. The problem with this is that Kobe does not have the athleticism, quickness, first step or vertical leap of Dwyane Wade or Russell Westbrook or Kevin Durant.
Kylie may be a great offensive player and mirrors Kobe skill wise but neither of them are as complete as the Durant's of the world.

SugarHill
07-31-2015, 10:42 AM
You talked about athleticism. The problem with this is that Kobe does not have the athleticism, quickness, first step or vertical leap of Dwyane Wade or Russell Westbrook or Kevin Durant.
Kylie may be a great offensive player and mirrors Kobe skill wise but neither of them are as complete as the Durant's of the world.

Are you insane? Frobe was, by far, more athletic than Durant ever was. :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

And how is Durant more complete than Kobe? Kobe is more skilled than him in all areas of scoring, is a better defender and passer....

Being a better shooter makes him more complete? because that's his only advantage

Lebron23
07-31-2015, 10:44 AM
I love watching him play.

Fallen Angel
07-31-2015, 10:45 AM
Kobe didn't ever have elite handles or quickness. He was really smooth through.

retaxis
07-31-2015, 10:47 AM
Kyrie has no post game so thats half the 'scoring skill set' gone.

Otherwise as an off the dribble player he can create options like the best of them

TripleA

Yeah but he did for his position. Better than Westbrook's who plays the one.

Mr Feeny
Are you insane? Frobe was, by far, more athletic than Durant ever was. :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

And how is Durant more complete than Kobe? Kobe is more skilled than him in all areas of scoring, is a better defender and passer....

Being a better shooter makes him more complete? because that's his only advantage

Put the pipe down, boy. At his very athletic peak, Kobe had a 3i inch vehicle and an extremely slow first step.
Don't embarrass yourself by putting him on Durants level from an athletic standpoint.

And yes, Durant, iis infintantly more complete than Kobe ever was offensively.

TripleA
07-31-2015, 10:48 AM

Otherwise as an off the dribble player he can create options like the best of them

He has pretty good post game for a point guard. If he was bigger he would abuse people his footwork is impeccable.

SugarHill
07-31-2015, 10:50 AM
Put the pipe down, boy. At his very athletic peak, Kobe had a 3i inch vehicle and an extremely slow first step.
Don't embarrass yourself by putting him on Durants level from an athletic standpoint.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3998092/lebron-kevin-durant-wtf-o.gif

Legends66NBA7
07-31-2015, 10:51 AM
Better than Steph ?

Mr Feeny
07-31-2015, 10:52 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3998092/lebron-kevin-durant-wtf-o.gif

:lebronamazed:

imnew09
07-31-2015, 11:14 AM

Thats why they feed the trolls.

Name a SG who dunked on Ben fken Wallace , yao , Dwight ,

Check out some Frobe Highlight dunks to educate ur dumb a$$

WayOfWade
07-31-2015, 11:17 AM
Does he have a more complete offensive skill set than prime Dwyane Wade? I'm too biased to give an educated answer, but I'd be hard pressed to say that he does

ClipperRevival
07-31-2015, 11:17 AM
It's hard for a PG to be the most complete scorer because they rarely operate out of the post. But he's up there for sure. Unreal game. You can't teach what he has. He was just blessed. Some guys just have that extra game that's not teachable. Like Curry's shot and release.

ArbitraryWater
07-31-2015, 11:18 AM
Oh shit, WayOfWade :eek:

CavaliersFTW
07-31-2015, 12:18 PM

Yes he does he just rarely plays players smaller than himself. When he gets a mouse in the house he posts up and he's good at it.

RedBlackAttack
07-31-2015, 01:21 PM

He actually does have a perfectly decent post game. You'll see him use it most frequently when he seals off smaller, slower defenders around the basket while running sets off the ball and through screens. His footwork with his back to the basket is almost as good as it is driving to the hoop. He just doesn't use it nearly as much because he is a point guard. I'm not saying he is Mark Jackson in the post, but he undoubtedly possesses a skill set down there.

The other thing people underestimate is his size. For some reason, people think he is short, but 6-foot-3 gives him an advantage in that department over a lot of PGs in the league.

As for the comparison, I don't really think it fits other than both guys having aesthetically pleasing skill sets. Kobe was one of the most athletic players in the league in his younger years. Kyrie isn't a chump athletically, because coordination, being able to change directions with great speed and having an explosive first step are all factors in athleticism, but Kobe had more of the in your face running and jumping kind of athletic game in his prime.

Kyrie has maybe the best handle I have ever seen and basically stepped into the league as an elite long range shooter. Those are things that Kobe took some time to develop.

Kobe is one of the greatest pure scorers in NBA history. If Kyrie could some day approach that level of offensive dominance while maintaining his efficiency, it would be scary... but Kobe is a pretty rare breed of player.

Real14
07-31-2015, 01:23 PM
I actually feel bad for Irving. He needs a better star player to play with because bronna is going to ruin his career.

imdaman99
07-31-2015, 01:28 PM
Yeah, at the PG position he can do almost anything. He can shoot, he can handle, he can break down the D. But can he create for his teammates? Can he defend a tough PG? He's young so I will give him time. But knowing that he will have to share PG duties with Lebron, it will stunt his growth at the position. I'm sure he'd rather split time at the position for playoff success, and he could learn some things from Lebron. The talent is there.

brownmamba00
07-31-2015, 01:30 PM

GTFO you need to hop off lebron's dick for real

are you the same guy that said lebron is a better passer than Magic in the halfcourt?:oldlol:

did you ever watch a peak kobe you moron

Mr Feeny
07-31-2015, 01:51 PM
GTFO you need to hop off lebron's dick for real

are you the same guy that said lebron is a better passer than Magic in the halfcourt?:oldlol:

did you ever watch a peak kobe you moron

Please provide proof that I ever said that. If you can't then don't bother returning to this forum. There's nothing worse than a bunch of kids lierally making up stuff.

As far as Kobe goes, I watched Jordan in his pomp so I definitely got to watch the entirety of Kobe's career (you've been watching since 2007) and I don't think he's an elite player. You're allowed your opinion. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with it.

Now please provide proof of what you're randomly throwing around. I suspect that your a bit too much of a sissy to do so. Prove me wrong, please.

Mr Feeny
07-31-2015, 01:53 PM
Does he have a more complete offensive skill set than prime Dwyane Wade? I'm too biased to give an educated answer, but I'd be hard pressed to say that he doesI'm not a Wade fan or a Kobe fan and I can tell you Kobe never had anything close to Wade's first step at any point of his career. Never had the slashing ability, the acceleration, the quickness, the change of direction or the finishing at the rim. Definteltly never had the IQ of Wade. That's axiomatic enough.

Levity
07-31-2015, 02:02 PM

jesus, all this disdain for kobe has you losing your mind. Your intelligence has fallen to college years eric mathews.

JimmyMcAdocious
07-31-2015, 02:14 PM
I'd argue for CP3.

imo, the best mid game for a PG with perhaps the best elbow jumper in the entire NBA (pretty sure I saw a stat he scores the most off pull ups of any player), at least top 5 post PG and probably higher, finishes in the lane pretty well, and a very good shooter stretching to perimeter. Career .474/.364.861 with arguably his best percentages last season ~49/40/90. Truly elite handles and his efficiency is historically good to boot. Tho the latter is more about his complete offensive game than pure scoring ability. Flawless fundamentals...

Just has a different approach to the game than a Steph or Kyrie. We talking overall repertoire, right? The only thing CP3 can't do is get past the second round.

Rooster
07-31-2015, 02:15 PM
I'm not a Wade fan or a Kobe fan and I can tell you Kobe never had anything close to Wade's first step at any point of his career. Never had the slashing ability, the acceleration, the quickness, the change of direction or the finishing at the rim. Definteltly never had the IQ of Wade. That's axiomatic enough.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Bandito
07-31-2015, 02:25 PM

Kobe had a 3 inch "vehicle"? How the heck do you think he dunked over 7'5" Yao? With a 3 inch "vehicle" he wouldnt be able to dunk over Kidd least Yao or Dwight.

Durant just tall, that's it.

Ps: is English your first language? You make a lot of grammatical horrors when writing. :lol

Bandito
07-31-2015, 02:27 PM
Please provide proof that I ever said that. If you can't then don't bother returning to this forum. There's nothing worse than a bunch of kids lierally making up stuff.

As far as Kobe goes, I watched Jordan in his pomp so I definitely got to watch the entirety of Kobe's career (you've been watching since 2007) and I don't think he's an elite player. You're allowed your opinion. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to agree with it.

Now please provide proof of what you're randomly throwing around. I suspect that your a bit too much of a sissy to do so. Prove me wrong, please.
What pomp are you talking about?

NuggetsFan
07-31-2015, 02:42 PM
I don't think so. I've been hard on Kyrie but the one thing I will say is he came into the league as one of the more complete players, especially for this era were alot of guys don't stay in school and come out raw. Reminds me of Brandon Roy, and obviously to a much lesser extent Duncan.

Since his 2nd year in the league, the past 3 seasons he's scored between 21-22 points every year. Shot 45, 43, 47 from the field. 39, 36, 41 from 3. 85, 86, 86 from the line. What's crazy? His attempts are 4.9, 4.8, 4.9 from the FT line. He can shoot the 3, finish in traffic, beats guys off the dribble. Only thing he's really missing is elite athletic ability and getting to the line at an elite level.

Pointguard
07-31-2015, 02:43 PM
Durant has the most complete scoring as set right now. He a has a great middle game, last year a top five post game, very good long rang game. Hes best in the game in creating for himself and a top notch finisher. He's a significant step above anybody but Kyrie does rank very high.

Kyrie is tall, even seems taller than 6'3 and his shoulders are broad like John Wall who is one of a very few PGs that is bigger in height and has wider shoulders. Pretty sure Rose and Smart are stronger tho. But Kyrie is nimble for his height.

AintNoSunshine
07-31-2015, 02:56 PM
LOL since Kobe? Cant even shoot over 40%. I have all the moves too, just that the ball doesnt go in very often

chazzy
07-31-2015, 03:32 PM
What the hell. Kobe's first step is one of his best athletic traits. That's why he was still finishing at the rim in 2013

pastis
07-31-2015, 03:43 PM
is kyrie even in his prime?

what about his defense?

Lebronxrings
07-31-2015, 03:50 PM
Durant has the most complete scoring as set right now. He a has a great middle game, last year a top five post game, very good long rang game. Hes best in the game in creating for himself and a top notch finisher. He's a significant step above anybody but Kyrie does rank very high.

Kyrie is tall, even seems taller than 6'3 and his shoulders are broad like John Wall who is one of a very few PGs that is bigger in height and has wider shoulders. Pretty sure Rose and Smart are stronger tho. But Kyrie is nimble for his height.
he sure posted up 6'2 tony allen and 5'11 chris paul!

:hammerhead: :banghead:

Pointguard
07-31-2015, 04:24 PM

You even bolded LAST YEAR. He was ready for them this year.

Cocaine80s
07-31-2015, 04:34 PM
Yes. Imagine if he was like 6'6, dude would have top 10 all time potential

CTbasketball92
07-31-2015, 04:41 PM

:biggums:

Kobe had a blazing first step and unbelievable body control and coordination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg1O49X5k0U

Durant's length, quickness and coordination does enable him to impose himself more physically though. His attributes give him a definitive advantage in any matchup.

Kyrie is the most complete scorer since Kobe imo. He actually has a great post game when he uses it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC0BukoeRQ (https://www.youtube.com/watch? v=ABC0BukoeRQ)

But anyways, Kyrie is the goat ballhandler and he has a blazing first step. If you play up on him, he is going to go by you. Its as simple as that. He's a terrific finisher, and he will convert at the rim on ridiculous shots. He is also an elite 3point shooter, so if you play off of him, he will knock it down at 40%. On top of all that, he shoots 47% on long two pointers, which means that he can pull up at literally any point during his drive and knock down a jumper, if by some chance you manage to stay in front of him in the first place.

Guards like Harden and Westbrook don't have that ability. Neither are as shifty off the dribble or are quite as fluid as Kyrie to be honest. I think Kyrie's athleticism is very underrated, as he might actually be the most agile guard since 2009-2012 D.Rose. His coordination is really unreal. Its another fluidity and agility is another attribute he shares with Kobe.

Like I've said before, Kyrie Irving = 6'3" better shooting, less defensive ability, Kobe Bryant

Kyrie is not as good, however, because kobe had ridiculous endurance, was taller, more athletic and just a more dominant, game-changing scorer. I can't see Kyrie putting together 9 straight 40 point games, or 4 straight 50 point games. Kobe was a really efficient volume scorer, probably the second greatest scorer ever.

Lebronxrings
07-31-2015, 04:43 PM
You even bolded LAST YEAR. He was ready for them this year.
based on what? Durant has no post game whatsoever.

sd3035
07-31-2015, 04:50 PM
The NBA is in good hands now with Durant, Curry, and Kyrie

ShawkFactory
07-31-2015, 04:56 PM
The NBA is in good hands now with Durant, Curry, and Kyrie
I think you're forgetting someone..

Pointguard
07-31-2015, 05:19 PM
based on what? Durant has no post game whatsoever.
At work now but YouTube Durant 2015 highlights. In the high post 10-15 feet he's in the argument for the best in the game. Last year he obviously worked on his game. He has that Dirk like shot now.

ClipperRevival
08-02-2015, 03:17 PM
Damm, I watched like 45 minutes of his highlights and his game is off the charts. Making NBA players and defenses look silly. His career highlights rival that of any PG in history despite playing only 4 years. He might have the best handles I have ever seen. I don't think anyone is a better finisher near the rim, perhaps ever. The type of shots he's able to get off in traffic is unreal. Unreal array of spins, crossovers, ability to split doubles and just toy with guys. And he can shoot.

The 55 and 57 pt games last year is PROOF of what he is capable of. Barring injury, this guy is going to have more of these crazy scoring games. The guy's game is unreal. I could also see him having some legendary games in the playoffs. He has the potential to be an all time great.

STATUTORY
08-02-2015, 03:19 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :facepalm

typical bran stan

G0ATbe
08-02-2015, 03:53 PM
It's definitely arguable between him and Durant. Haven't seen a high scoring game as entertaining as Kyrie's 57 since Kobe's 81.

greatest-ever
08-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Yes. Imagine if he was like 6'6, dude would have top 10 all time potential
Well this is just silly.

AnaheimLakers24
08-02-2015, 05:06 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A-YT2pSsJrw/VAOq9nMLBUI/AAAAAAAAAUU/g7yYfuwHQ10/s1600/tumblr_m4eb98PcFn1qjm3weo1_1280.jpg

RidonKs
08-02-2015, 05:29 PM
yep. curry is close but doesn't have the bulk to score around the bucket as well. kyrie irving is going to be a special player. he scores about as well as anybody in the league. i bet he gets remembered on the same tier as iverson by the end of it.

retaxis
08-02-2015, 06:43 PM
Oh yes can't forget wade I put his post game even above kobes. Great bank shot, great mid range and the best at getting to the hoop in his younger days and don't forget how his defence is prob the best at shooting guard besides MJ.

K Xerxes
08-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Has everyone forgotten about Durant or something?

Angel Face
08-02-2015, 07:25 PM
Durant. There's a reason why he was a 4x scoring champ, would be 5x if he didn't got injured last season. Despite on high fg attempts he's still efficient. He's a threat from 3, mid-range, inside, basically everywhere. Athletic and long, most unarguable player today.

SamuraiSWISH
08-02-2015, 07:40 PM
No. Kobe has great handles and easily elite for his position.

tpols
08-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Durant. There's a reason why he was a 4x scoring champ, would be 5x if he didn't got injured last season. Despite on high fg attempts he's still efficient. He's a threat from 3, mid-range, inside, basically everywhere. Athletic and long, most unarguable player today.

Durant is more because his mobility at his height.. it's a physical advantage. Kobe and Kyrie have way better iso footwork, handles, breakdowns etc

Pointguard
08-03-2015, 02:07 AM
Durant is more because his mobility at his height.. it's a physical advantage. Kobe and Kyrie have way better iso footwork, handles, breakdowns etc
He shoots a lot better than either one of them in that middle range. He shoots about equal as Kyrie from long range. His dribble is more impressive for his height. He shoots off the dribble better than either one of them. His pull up jumper is better than either of theirs. But I agree with the rest that your wrote minus what Etc might mean.

And1AllDay
08-03-2015, 05:55 AM
And how is Durant more complete than Kobe? Kobe is more skilled than him in all areas of scoring

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

Paul George 24
08-03-2015, 06:25 AM
iverson is mcuh better than kyrie

tmacattack33
08-03-2015, 10:03 AM
OP seems to have forgotten about T-mac, Durant, and Melo.

BuffaloBill
08-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Better than Steph ?

Scoring? Yes. Overall? No

Only other ones that come to my mind right now are Durant and Melo.

Joyner82reload
08-03-2015, 11:39 AM

He led the NBA in points per post up...he was literally the most efficient post player in the NBA last year. And lets bring up 2 series in which his team won and he averaged 30/10/3 and 33/10/5. Good job retard.

ArbitraryWater
08-03-2015, 11:56 AM

dude said vehicle :roll: :roll: :roll:

English ain't your strong suit, boy.. thats not even the most embarrassing here though, that would be how utterly clueless you are about basketball.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Durant has more skills that matter. He's tougher to contain in the half-court, for sure.

He probably won't be regarded as a better scorer than MJ, but it'll be fun to watch him try. :cheers:

BuffaloBill
08-03-2015, 02:56 PM
dude said vehicle :roll: :roll: :roll:

English ain't your strong suit, boy.. thats not even the most embarrassing here though, that would be how utterly clueless you are about basketball.

:lol didn't even see that. future rep

tpols
08-03-2015, 02:58 PM
He shoots a lot better than either one of them in that middle range. He shoots about equal as Kyrie from long range. His dribble is more impressive for his height. He shoots off the dribble better than either one of them. His pull up jumper is better than either of theirs. But I agree with the rest that your wrote minus what Etc might mean.

You're right he shoots better.. Idk his midrange percentages but I've seen that part of his game become compromised when refs swallow their whistles in the postseason, stop calling that rip through stuff, and just generally let defenders push back/lay hands

Durant height also comes into play big even with his shooting.. he's like a more athletic dirk, just got that rare height and shooting ability. If Durant was 6'6 or 6'3 like kobe and Kyrie would his percantages be anywhere near the same? He relies on height to shoot over the top unimpinged.. kobe and Kyrie have to work to create their space more diligently.

Joyner82reload
08-03-2015, 03:27 PM
You're right he shoots better.. Idk his midrange percentages but I've seen that part of his game become compromised when refs swallow their whistles in the postseason, stop calling that rip through stuff, and just generally let defenders push back/lay hands

Durant height also comes into play big even with his shooting.. he's like a more athletic dirk, just got that rare height and shooting ability. If Durant was 6'6 or 6'3 like kobe and Kyrie would his percantages be anywhere near the same? He relies on height to shoot over the top unimpinged.. kobe and Kyrie have to work to create their space more diligently.

His height is part of his arsenal, just like athleticism is for Kobe. And he gets worse in the playoffs? He has the highest career playoff ppg average of any player since Jordan and that's on 58.3 TS% despite his first playoffs being a terrible 25 ppg on 50 TS%

tpols
08-03-2015, 03:31 PM
His height is part of his arsenal, just like athleticism is for Kobe. And he gets worse in the playoffs? He has the highest playoff ppg average of any player since Jordan...

What are Kobe and Durant athletic stats.. ? Durant pretty damn quick and can jump. I'm not saying he's any less effective just that he has a clearer physical advantage over his opponents that kobe does.. kobes quick but not the quickest, average height for his position, strong but never where it was really brought up, it's mostly just coordiantion/body control which is pretty much a direct effect of practicing so many moves and becoming totally fluent in them.

Lakers 24/7
08-03-2015, 06:22 PM

You just lost all credibility. If you said he's has a more complete offensive game than Kobe, I would disagree but it would a reasonable debate even if im wrong.
But INFINITELY better? Get outta here. You obviously don't know sh*t

FatComputerNerd
08-24-2015, 04:26 PM
Beast.

AI w/ elite (curry level) shooting, and Jordanesque finishing ability.

Rose'sACL
08-24-2015, 04:33 PM
Durant is the best scorer since MJ. anyone who actually watches the game with no bias can tell you that. i like lebron and i can still see that durant is the best scorer since MJ.
people don't understand that if durant doesn't win a single ring but stays healthy for 10 more years, he would be top 15 GOAT just based on his scoring even though it is very unlikely that he doesn't win at least 2 rings if he stays healthy.

ralph_i_el
08-24-2015, 04:57 PM

Durant is way quicker compared to guys his own size than Kobe and Kyrie are.

Prime Kobe was quicker than most guys his height. Durant is quicker than EVERYONE his height.

So if you're hypothetically making Durant 6'6", you have to account for the quickness he would gain from being shorter.

FatComputerNerd
08-24-2015, 04:58 PM

Prime Kobe was quicker than most guys his height. Durant is quicker than EVERYONE his height.

So if you're hypothetically making Durant 6'6", you have to account for the quickness he would gain from being shorter.

Imagine if Kyrie was 6'6+

AnaheimLakers24
08-24-2015, 04:59 PM

:facepalm stick to talking about the loser wizards and loser wall. They will never get kd

KellhitEmup15
08-24-2015, 05:01 PM
:facepalm stick to talking about the loser wizards and loser wall. They will never get kd

Shut up goon call me when the lakers are in the playoffs.

triangleoffense
A bold statement considering how the majority of all posters on here labeled Kobe's skill level as GOAT all-time with the Kareem, Bird and MJ.

I feel like OP is a Lebron-hater who is propping up Kyrie to discredit Lebron.. so many agendas on ISH.

ralph_i_el

You are the most aggressively stupid poster on this site. Literally 0 contributions to any discussion....ever. You make Laker and Kobe fans look bad.

I know you don't watch any wizards games, so keep your mouth shut about Wall.

Kevin Durant has 4 seasons with a higher Ortg than Kobe's BEST season......and he's played less than half as many seasons. He's also led the league in scoring 4 times to Kobe's 2. Durant has 6 seasons with a higher TS% than Kobe's best season.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DiligentCourageousHoneybadger.gif

Kevin Durant has done all of these things in less than half of Kobe's career.

20Four
08-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Shut up goon call me when the lakers are in the playoffs.
Call me when your team reaches 16 championships

KellhitEmup15
08-24-2015, 05:03 PM
Call me when your team reaches 16 championships

sorry man for hating on the lakers but that guy is just a dumbass.
I actually like kobe and the lakers.

20Four
08-24-2015, 05:15 PM
sorry man for hating on the lakers but that guy is just a dumbass.
I actually like kobe and the lakers.
:cheers: :cheers:

ralph_i_el
08-24-2015, 05:20 PM
You are the most aggressively stupid poster on this site. Literally 0 contributions to any discussion....ever. You make Laker and Kobe fans look bad.

I know you don't watch any wizards games, so keep your mouth shut about Wall.

Kevin Durant has 4 seasons with a higher Ortg than Kobe's BEST season......and he's played less than half as many seasons. He's also led the league in scoring 4 times to Kobe's 2. Durant has 6 seasons with a higher TS% than Kobe's best season.

Kevin Durant has done all of these things in less than half of Kobe's career.

oh also, KD has two season with a higher PER than Kobe's best season.

KD has led the league in win shares 1 time.....Kobe has done that 0 times.

KD has 3 seasons with a higher ws/48 than Kobe's BEST season.

There really is no argument for Kobe as a better offensive weapon than Durant.
Switch their team situations for the first 8 years of their careers and nobody would even be comparing Kobe to Durant.

I stay shutting down these threads. Nobody wants to play with me :applause:

bizil
08-24-2015, 06:58 PM
To be honest, Kobe, Pierce, and T Mac had the most complete scoring skillsets starting in the early to mid 2000s. Since those guys, I think Melo has the most complete followed by Durant. But for guards 6'3 and under (since they say West is 6'4), Kyrie ARGUABLY has the most complete scoring skillset I've ever seen. It's hard to compare Kyrie's skillset to bigger guys like Kobe, Durant, or Melo in a sense.

FatComputerNerd
08-30-2016, 04:29 PM
> Steph