PDA

View Full Version : wesley mathiews disrespected by blazers over "lack of interest in an injured player"

kennethgriffin
07-31-2015, 12:38 PM
I laughed for about 5 minutes straight

We're talking about the f*cking blazers... being cautious.... about a guy who just had one of the worst injuries possible.

The blazers...

And wesley dumbsh*t cant understand why

From Blazers

JUL 30, 2015 7:11 PM

The Portland Trail Blazers never made an offer to Wesley Matthews in free agency.

Matthews signed with the Blazers in 2010 and became one of the NBA's best two-way shooting guards. But Matthews ruptured his left Achilles tendon in March.

"I was pissed off," Matthews said. "I felt disrespected."

The only change the Blazers would pursue re-signing Matthews was if LaMarcus Aldridge also committed to remain with the franchise.

"I was angry," Matthews said, "but I also realize that this is a business."

Before free agency, Matthews said he was worth $15 million per season and then he watched DeMarre Carroll and Khris Middleton receive that type of money.

"No knock on them, but I'm taking me 10 times out of 10 over them," Matthews said. "There was a time when I was undeniable in the NBA; you could not deny me. Everything that happened to me before, I was able to get to this point because of my passion, my motive."

theaussieguy
07-31-2015, 12:52 PM
people call Rondo a headcase, but he never openly says stupid sh!t like this because he is actually a smart guy. This guy is just a ****ing dumbass, like Gilbert Arenas who thinks contracts are given as rewards, not for what you are expected to do. Yes he actually said that.

Rooster
07-31-2015, 01:02 PM
Mavs will regret that contract in a year or two.

Phenith
07-31-2015, 01:34 PM
Mavs will regret that contract in a year or two.

May regret it as soon as he is not in uniform for the start of the season. I hope he comes back 100%, but that is a rough injury to try and bounce back from, he may not be the player he was.

GreggPopazit
07-31-2015, 01:40 PM
Yeah, Portland was smart. Them not giving him an offer was based on LMA in addition to the injury. Why pay a bunch for a guy post injury, when the best case scenario is him returning to form and worsening their lottery odds.