PDA

View Full Version : No American has gone #1 in the draft since 2012

Nash
07-31-2015, 08:06 PM
And there is a huge possibility that the streak will continue and it will be an Aussie going nr 1 in 2016(Ben Simmons).

Weird, isn't it?

TripleA
07-31-2015, 08:07 PM
And there is a huge possibility that the streak will continue and it will be an Aussie going nr 1 in 2016(Ben Simmons).

Weird, isn't it?

Kyrie was born in Australia too:lol

I know he is an american.

kNicKz
07-31-2015, 08:10 PM
Karl-Anthony Towns isn't American??

CelticBaller
07-31-2015, 08:13 PM
half dominican, but still was born in America

So OP is full of shit

Nash
07-31-2015, 08:16 PM
in basketball he's officially repping the Domincan.

GrapeApe
07-31-2015, 08:41 PM
in basketball he's officially repping the Domincan.

Lol. He's American. He's from New Jersey and has lived his entire life in the U.S.

Cocaine80s
07-31-2015, 08:43 PM
Wow, 3 whole years :lebronamazed:

coin24
07-31-2015, 09:03 PM
Yeah but we all know Pauk likes to forget pre 2012:lol

FreezingTsmoove
07-31-2015, 09:07 PM
Karl Towns played on the Dominican team

Sarcastic
07-31-2015, 09:43 PM
Anthony Bennett should have never even been a lottery pick, let alone the top pick. He shouldn't count.

Fowl
07-31-2015, 09:51 PM

So OP is full of shit
http://i.gyazo.com/bad046b21c398277ae6123cf22cad1e8.png

Fowl
07-31-2015, 09:59 PM
Lol. He's American. He's from New Jersey and has lived his entire life in the U.S.
"I am proud to be a Dominican"

http://i.gyazo.com/3dde30a2c2ec2008e2057acc5338da96.png

FireDavidKahn
07-31-2015, 10:32 PM
KAT was born in the USA and has spent his entire lIfe here. He is American:rolleyes:

FireDavidKahn
07-31-2015, 10:34 PM
"I am proud to be a Dominican"

http://i.gyazo.com/3dde30a2c2ec2008e2057acc5338da96.png
He has part dominican....ok

Doesn't mean he isn't American. Using this logic there is no such thing as being an American

Cocaine80s
07-31-2015, 11:20 PM
His mom is Dominican and his dad is American

He was born and raised in America, so hes American

This is like saying African Americans arent american :facepalm

Nuff Said
07-31-2015, 11:22 PM

...or white Americans aren't American.

D-Wait
07-31-2015, 11:30 PM
Anthony Bennett should have never even been a lottery pick, let alone the top pick. He shouldn't count.

http://i.cbc.ca/1.2526138.1391718097!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_620/grant-chris-04311921.jpg

Fowl
08-01-2015, 01:21 AM
KAT was born in the USA and has spent his entire lIfe here. He is American:rolleyes:
http://i.gyazo.com/bc1356124f63b4683e42bb0022e357ce.png

BlackWhiteGreen
08-01-2015, 04:22 AM
Nationality is what you identify by imo as long as you have bloodline or have lived there for most of your life. He's identifying as Dominican, so he is Dominican.

HeatFanSince88
08-01-2015, 04:32 AM
Technically a native american has never gone #1.

Only those who originate from Africa or Europe.

WeGetRing2012
08-01-2015, 04:36 AM
Technically a native american has never gone #1.

Only those who originate from Africa or Europe.

You just went full retard.

Technically the league is full of Africans because that where humanity originated :rolleyes:

WeGetRing2012
08-01-2015, 04:44 AM
Nationality is what you identify by imo as long as you have bloodline or have lived there for most of your life. He's identifying as Dominican, so he is Dominican.

Nationality - where you come from
Race - genetic make up

Karl is Black (father) & Dominican (mother). He was born & raised in the US so he is American. The only reason he was able to play for the Dominican national team was because of his mother's heritage. Just because you play for a national team doesnt mean thats their nationality. For example, Serge Ibaka plays for Spain because he became a naturalized citizen but he is from the Congo.

Patrick Chewing
08-01-2015, 09:13 AM
How do some of you on ISH manage to get your hands on a computer?? Dumbasses.

He can say he's Dominican all he wants, because that's his heritage. But he's American by birth.

KNOW1EDGE
08-01-2015, 09:15 AM

Yeah but he reps Dominican Republic so he's not American.lol

KNOW1EDGE
08-01-2015, 09:17 AM

I identify as a squirrel, so I am a squirrel.

Nash
08-01-2015, 09:28 AM
whatever, on paper he's domincan. In nba terms he's domincan. When drafted he was considered Dominican, therefore he counts as the first Domincan drafted #1.

niko
08-01-2015, 11:03 AM
whatever, on paper he's domincan. In nba terms he's domincan. When drafted he was considered Dominican, therefore he counts as the first Domincan drafted #1.
Your point is stupid and you can't spell Dominican.

Fallen Angel
08-01-2015, 11:10 AM
Karl Towns is American. There's no sure thing as a pure American.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 12:10 PM

So OP is full of shit

He considers himself Dominican genius. It's only in the crazy lunatic bizarro world of ESPN and the NBA where he is counted as American.

According to the NBA almost every single player that won Olympic medals for Lithuania's national team is "American".

Get serious.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 12:12 PM

It never ceases to amaze how these threads bring out all of the xenophobes and racists and how they always instantly expose all the nationalist Europeans and all of the ugly Americans and rednecks.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 12:14 PM

Use actual facts idiot.

He's a Dominican with American nationality. Not "he's an American".

The level of basic world knowledge in this forum is truly scary.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 12:17 PM
You just went full retard.

Technically the league is full of Africans because that where humanity originated :rolleyes:

Except you just went more full retard. Because genetic codes show only SOME people originate from Africa.

The claim that everyone does is just something that comes from school books and the media.

Genetic codes say some people originate from Africa and others originate from Europe.

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 12:20 PM
He's American.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Nationality - where you come from
Race - genetic make up

Karl is Black (father) & Dominican (mother). He was born & raised in the US so he is American. The only reason he was able to play for the Dominican national team was because of his mother's heritage. Just because you play for a national team doesnt mean thats their nationality. For example, Serge Ibaka plays for Spain because he became a naturalized citizen but he is from the Congo.

What the hell is this bullshit?

It's like this forum is full of Rush Limbaugh listeners.

That is what you THINK in your delusional fairy tail make believe world.

In the actual world, he's a Dominican with American nationality, or what is called a "Dominican American".

Freaking idiot.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 12:23 PM
This is good....................FINALLY the racist have attacked a black player that is not European and not Greek.

Since Jeff evidently thinks it is OK to make racist comments against white players, or Greeks or Europeans......maybe THIS will finally be enough to convince him that the forum is indeed full of racists and these kinds of threads and comments need to be stopped here.

Unbelievable the people denying that he is Dominican, which PROVES all the people that deny X, Y, Z player is Greek ARE being RACIST when they do it and not just "trolling".

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 12:26 PM
How do some of you on ISH manage to get your hands on a computer?? Dumbasses.

He can say he's Dominican all he wants, because that's his heritage. But he's American by birth.

Which makes you a racist. Because you don't become "American" by being born. That's a concept that ONLY xenophobes and racists believe in.

And no, it's not something inherited in law. Nationality of one country does not revert nationality of another country. Idiot. Especially when US contains a little something called "dual citizenship law".

Unless you think for example, say a Chinese person, is no longer such, and is simply "American" upon birth in say Texas.

You are a serious moron.

Let's hop over the border and have a baby......"American".

Piss off.

tpols
08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Use actual facts idiot.

Who cares? All the ball he played growing up was in nj.. he didn't grow up playing basketball in the Dominican republic.. he's an American bred player

RidonKs
08-01-2015, 12:27 PM
i hope somebody has already mentioned that two canadians have...

:lol :lol :lol

comerb
08-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Use actual facts idiot.

You're an idiot.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Who cares? All the ball he played growing up was in nj.. he didn't grow up playing basketball in the Dominican republic.. he's an American bred player

That's not the same thing as "an American". How the hell hard is it for people to not be racist and xenophobic?

This forum has so many xenophobic nationalistic racists that it is absolutely sickening.

You could just say he's a Dominican American that grew up in USA that learned basketball in USA....that he considers himself more Dominican, he plays for Dominican national team.

What the hell would be the problem?

But no................................................

Can't have actual facts and truth.

Have to start talking like Fox "News" and right wing talk radio gone wild.

I mean hell, if you want to get this damn argumentative and shit about grew up where and all this crap....I could claim Wiggins as Greek.

Since he spent something like 5 years in Greece.

And don't make me show the ESPN video where Kobe himself told ESPN that he considers himself ITALIAN because that's where he grew up and that when he came to the USA that he could barely even speak English.

No, no, no how about if we start a thread about that one, complete with Kobe's video interview about it from ESPN? How do you think that will go over here?

The racist nationalist xenophobic bullshit in this forum is absolutely freaking ridiculous. The forum is full of a bunch of damn ignorant rednecks.

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Euroleague is going all-out today. :applause:

WeGetRing2012
08-01-2015, 12:54 PM
What the hell is this bullshit?

It's like this forum is full of Rush Limbaugh listeners.

That is what you THINK in your delusional fairy tail make believe world.

In the actual world, he's a Dominican with American nationality, or what is called a "Dominican American".

Freaking idiot.

If you actually pick up a book and read it, you would not be confused.

Its obvious you dont know what your talking about because you are from Europe and over there its different. But in America if you were are born & raised here, you are American. Its not just an opinion its our law.

"Generally speaking, a person can become a U.S. citizen in one of four ways. First, by being born in the United States or one of its territories. Second, if you were born to parents who are U.S. citizens, then you may be a U.S. citizen yourself. This process is called "acquisition" of citizenship. Third, you can be a citizen through the naturalization process, which generally involves applying for, and passing, a citizenship test. Lastly, you may be a citizen if one or both of your parents have been naturalized. This is called "derivation" of citizenship. - See more at: http://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/u-s-citizenship-through-parents-or-by-birth.html#sthash.M3vczHqC.dpuf"

So Karl who was born in the US to an American father, who has never been in the Dominican Republic before joining the team, and who was raised here is whole life... Is an American.

Yes, his mother is Dominican and I'm not even sure if she is also an American. So Racially he is part Dominican and who knows what else from his Father's side.

I don't know whats so hard to understand. He is American with parents who are Black and Dominican. Before Karl even played for the Dominican Republic team he never step foot in the country, so how can his Nationality be Dominican?

You are confusing Nationality & Race. They are not the same.

christian1923
08-01-2015, 12:57 PM
I'm pretty sure if TeamUSA wanted him he'd play for USA.

Same situation for me. My parents are Dominican, But i was born and raised here.. I'm American.

WeGetRing2012
08-01-2015, 01:01 PM
That's not the same thing as "an American". How the hell hard is it for people to not be racist and xenophobic?

This forum has so many xenophobic nationalistic racists that it is absolutely sickening.

You could just say he's a Dominican American that grew up in USA that learned basketball in USA....that he considers himself more Dominican, he plays for Dominican national team.

What the hell would be the problem?

But no................................................

Can't have actual facts and truth.

Have to start talking like Fox "News" and right wing talk radio gone wild.

I mean hell, if you want to get this damn argumentative and shit about grew up where and all this crap....I could claim Wiggins as Greek.

Since he spent something like 5 years in Greece.

And don't make me show the ESPN video where Kobe himself told ESPN that he considers himself ITALIAN because that's where he grew up and that when he came to the USA that he could barely even speak English.

No, no, no how about if we start a thread about that one, complete with Kobe's video interview about it from ESPN? How do you think that will go over here?

The racist nationalist xenophobic bullshit in this forum is absolutely freaking ridiculous. The forum is full of a bunch of damn ignorant rednecks.

You're an idiot some people actually find the terms Dominican American, African American, Asian American offensive because we actually have identify that our ancestors immigrated/were brought here at some point. While there are no such terms for European American, Irish American, German American, etc... they are simply Americans.

As, for Kobe born in Philly to African American parents. He is also American who identifies with Italian culture because he spent some of his life there.

Stop talking about America like you know something.

ralph_i_el
08-01-2015, 01:05 PM
Except you just went more full retard. Because genetic codes show only SOME people originate from Africa.

The claim that everyone does is just something that comes from school books and the media.

Genetic codes say some people originate from Africa and others originate from Europe.

no, it says that some of our genetic code came from a Genus-Homo ancestor that originated in Europe. Most likely neanderthal. Every person today has African Homo-Sapien ancestry. Not everyone has neanderthal ancestry as well.

WeGetRing2012
08-01-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure if TeamUSA wanted him he'd play for USA.

Same situation for me. My parents are Dominican, But i was born and raised here.. I'm American.

I don't think he can ever play for Team USA now. To me it was a brass decision because he wanted some experience.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 01:11 PM
no, it says that some of our genetic code came from a Genus-Homo ancestor that originated in Europe. Most likely neanderthal. Every person today has African Homo-Sapien ancestry. Not everyone has neanderthal ancestry as well.

No they don't. Stop being an idiot. It's called RH negative. Millions of people alive today do not have any genetic background at all from Africa. Stop with the bullshit.

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 01:13 PM
While there are no such terms for European American, Irish American, German American, etc... they are simply Americans.

You just gave the terms for them. They were big back in the 1900s, and they're still used today. They're not widely used because people just label them as "White" just like they put Hispanics under "Latino."

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 01:14 PM
If you actually pick up a book and read it, you would not be confused.

Its obvious you dont know what your talking about because you are from Europe and over there its different. But in America if you were are born & raised here, you are American. Its not just an opinion its our law.

"Generally speaking, a person can become a U.S. citizen in one of four ways. First, by being born in the United States or one of its territories. Second, if you were born to parents who are U.S. citizens, then you may be a U.S. citizen yourself. This process is called "acquisition" of citizenship. Third, you can be a citizen through the naturalization process, which generally involves applying for, and passing, a citizenship test. Lastly, you may be a citizen if one or both of your parents have been naturalized. This is called "derivation" of citizenship. - See more at: http://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/u-s-citizenship-through-parents-or-by-birth.html#sthash.M3vczHqC.dpuf"

So Karl who was born in the US to an American father, who has never been in the Dominican Republic before joining the team, and who was raised here is whole life... Is an American.

Yes, his mother is Dominican and I'm not even sure if she is also an American. So Racially he is part Dominican and who knows what else from his Father's side.

I don't know whats so hard to understand. He is American with parents who are Black and Dominican. Before Karl even played for the Dominican Republic team he never step foot in the country, so how can his Nationality be Dominican?

You are confusing Nationality & Race. They are not the same.

So you don't even know what dual nationality is.......right, another moron American.

And like 1/3 of the people that run for US president are not even born in the USA.

SamuraiSWISH
08-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Or any American based off their ethnicity. Noah playing for France is a disgrace. And Kyrie is American. He was an American born in Australia and raised in the United States. The greatest Greek National player of all time ... Was an American.

Milbuck
08-01-2015, 01:23 PM
Peja Stojakovic is Serbian.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 01:25 PM
You're an idiot some people actually find the terms Dominican American, African American, Asian American offensive because we actually have identify that our ancestors immigrated/were brought here at some point. While there are no such terms for European American, Irish American, German American, etc... they are simply Americans.

As, for Kobe born in Philly to African American parents. He is also American who identifies with Italian culture because he spent some of his life there.

Stop talking about America like you know something.

So now we have the idiot communist ultra radical left wing type joining in. Who of course also is a moron and also has every single "fact" wrong.

Yeah, "German American" no such term.............etc. piss off clown.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Or any American based off their ethnicity. Noah playing for France is a disgrace. And Kyrie is American. He was an American born in Australia and raised in the United States. The greatest Greek National player of all time ... Was an American.

Yeah Noah being from Paris, what a disgrace.............

Isn't that the argument made here. I just saw the argument being made that since Towns was raised in America and he should be "American basketball product".

I love how you change your argument even in the same post..........."Galis is American, the Greek you refer to, simply you are making that claim obviously because of his being an American basketball product.

Typical racist. Just make up whatever fact and change it whenever you want as you see fits your racist agenda.

As I said, almost every Lithuanian national team player of the last 20 years is American according to this criteria then genius.

Funny, but I've never once EVER heard ANYONE call ANY of them "American" though, even though they ARE Americans under the criteria you racists lay out in your arguments.

WeGetRing2012
08-01-2015, 01:29 PM
So you don't even know what dual nationality is.......right, another moron American.

And like 1/3 of the people that run for US president are not even born in the USA.

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You should just stop here.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 01:32 PM
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

You should just stop here.

You are a typical right wing nut. It's common knowledge and fact that several people that ran for President of US in recent years were not born in USA.

In fact McCain was not even born in USA (Panama). Cruz that is currently running was not born in USA (Canada).

I could go on and on with the examples.

You probably think it was Obama though right?

I'm done with you racist imbeciles.

WeGetRing2012
08-01-2015, 01:32 PM
You just gave the terms for them. They were big back in the 1900s, and they're still used today. They're not widely used because people just label them as "White" just like they put Hispanics under "Latino."

They are not used today. When is the last time you filled out an application or something & saw the term German, Irish, etc American?

They were big in the 1900s because of Industrialization but they are hardly used today.

WeGetRing2012
08-01-2015, 01:34 PM
You are a typical right wing nut.

Name one president who wasn't born in the US? One!

Hell name one who ran for president that wasn't born in the US.'

Again, you know nothing about American law.

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 01:45 PM
They are not used today. When is the last time you filled out an application or something & saw the term German, Irish, etc American?

They were big in the 1900s because of Industrialization but they are hardly used today.

I don't recall those terms being used. But it's also been a while since I filled something out.

@Euro: McCain was born in an American military base, which gives him citizenship by default. Cruz has his mother's citizenship to lean back on to claim he is a natural born citizen.

Nash
08-01-2015, 01:59 PM
actually KAT is American and he only chose the Dominican for personal gains.

But it it keeps my theory somewhat alive so :lol

ShawkFactory
08-01-2015, 02:19 PM
You are a typical right wing nut. It's common knowledge and fact that several people that ran for President of US in recent years were not born in USA.

In fact McCain was not even born in USA (Panama). Cruz that is currently running was not born in USA (Canada).

I could go on and on with the examples.

You probably think it was Obama though right?

I'm done with you racist imbeciles.
:biggums:

Quit speaking. Fvcking smelly ass European piece of shit.

morbius
08-01-2015, 03:29 PM
If the guy is half-Dominican, it's perfectly ok for him to identify as Dominican, even if he was raised in USA. And he seems genuinely passionate about Dominica. :confusedshrug:

What's with forcing the guy to be American?

KNOW1EDGE
08-01-2015, 03:43 PM
If the guy is half-Dominican, it's perfectly ok for him to identify as Dominican, even if he was raised in USA. And he seems genuinely passionate about Dominica. :confusedshrug:

I dont think anyone really cares. But since we are discussing the thread title, it comes into play.

KAT, who was the #1 pick this year, was born in, grew up and is a legal citizen of the USA. He is American, which makes the thread title incorrect, which is why people are attempting to explain this to some of our slower posters.

Cocaine80s
08-01-2015, 04:29 PM
Use actual facts idiot.

What the **** is that supposed to mean? :biggums:

Hes American but i cant call him "an American"?

The fvck ***** :biggums: :biggums:

**** You

Fowl
08-01-2015, 04:33 PM
The guy identifies himself as Dominican. That is what he is.

KNOW1EDGE
08-01-2015, 04:47 PM
The guy identifies himself as Dominican. That is what he is.

And Bruce Jenner is a woman.

LOLCATS' "girlfriends" are women

And I'm a stapler

..because, that's the way we identify.....

dunksby
08-01-2015, 04:48 PM
Good job pauk, you brought the ISH's black plague into this thread.

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 04:50 PM

Gender-wise, she is a woman. But in terms of sex, yeah, he's still a dude.

CelticBaller
08-01-2015, 04:55 PM

Dominican Republic, dominica is another Island

dunksby
08-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Being a woman is different than just wearing makeup and boob jobs you flaming ******.

Fowl
08-01-2015, 05:04 PM

LOLCATS' "girlfriends" are women

And I'm a stapler

..because, that's the way we identify.....
Except Caitlin doesn't have a vajayjay.. and Towns has dominican blood.

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 05:10 PM
Being a woman is different than just wearing makeup and boob jobs you flaming ******.

Euroleague-level knowledge in this post.

dunksby
08-01-2015, 05:11 PM
Euroleague-level knowledge in this post.
Never touched a woman virgin confirmed.

KNOW1EDGE
08-01-2015, 05:14 PM

Ok I think I get it now, so what your saying is, much like

Jenner is a make believe woman who is really a man,

KAT is a make believe Dominican who is really an American.

I like the compariosn:cheers:

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 05:14 PM
No argument.

Yes, we know.

dunksby
08-01-2015, 05:17 PM

The dude's love for cawk ain't made up though :lol

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 05:20 PM

Insecure guys in here. :lol

KNOW1EDGE
08-01-2015, 05:25 PM
Insecure guys in here. :lol

I know dude, I really don't get some of these people, it's a trip they wont accept reality in fear of hurting someone's feelings :cheers:

Glad there are a few people in here who can see black from white.

DMV2
08-01-2015, 06:03 PM
"But he played for the Dominicans"

Yeah at 18-19, he wasn't gonna make it on the USA Team with that little of experience. Maybe their amateur USA Team.

Let's wait and see which team he plays for once he played in the league for a season or 2.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 06:15 PM
"But he played for the Dominicans"

Yeah at 18-19, he wasn't gonna make it on the USA Team with that little of experience. Maybe their amateur USA Team.

Let's wait and see which team he plays for once he played in the league for a season or 2.

Are you stupid?

He's a member of Dominican Republic national senior men's team and has been playing for them for awhile.

I am pretty sure that FIBA isn't going to let USA steal another player away from another country needlessly like they already stole..............

Ewing from Jamaica

Seikaly from Greece

Duncan from US Virgin Islands

Olajuwon from Jordan

I am pretty sure FIBA won't allow that anymore. Not even from USA basketball.

DMV2
08-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Of course, he'll play for the Dominicans cuz he hasn't been established enough to play for Team USA yet.

If he becomes good enough to play for Team USA but continues to play for Dominican Republic then he's dumb cuz he ain't never gonna get a gold for DR.

DMV2
08-01-2015, 06:25 PM
Euroleague....

no matter how many times you claim to be from Greece, you'll still be that creepy fck from Arkansas.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 06:26 PM
Of course, he'll play for the Dominicans cuz he hasn't been established enough to play for Team USA yet.

If he becomes good enough to play for Team USA but continues to play for Dominican Republic then he's dumb cuz he ain't never gonna get a gold for DR.

You don't seem to understand how this works. The national teams and FIBA decide what country you play for. The players don't decide.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Euroleague....

no matter how many times you claim to be from Greece, you'll still be that creepy fck from Arkansas.

I never said I was "from Greece" idiot.

DMV2
08-01-2015, 06:30 PM
If a player is legible to play for multiple teams, which Towns is(for USA or DR), I'm 100% sure they can decide decide.

- By birth
- Citizenship by neutralization
- Father's home land/ mother's homeland

DMV2
08-01-2015, 06:31 PM
I never said I was "from Greece" idiot.
But you're still a fckboy from Arkansas?

Good to know.

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 06:40 PM
If a player is legible to play for multiple teams, which Towns is(for USA or DR), I'm 100% sure they can decide decide.

- By birth
- Citizenship by neutralization
- Father's home land/ mother's homeland

Really?

Anyway, no, that's not how it works. Once you have played for a team past age 18 you are bound to that team. Dominican Republic would have to grant special permission and release him (they might if he asked it). FIBA would then have to review it and decide if it was good for the sport and best for the development of the game (which it would not be) and agree to it (unlikely).

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 06:41 PM
But you're still a fckboy from Arkansas?

Good to know.

No, I'm not "from Arkansas". And why the hell is where I am from so important to you?

Lebron23
08-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Golden Age of Canadian Basketball. And International Players are getting more hype.

Nash
08-01-2015, 07:09 PM
Seikaly from Greece

Duncan from US Virgin Islands

Olajuwon from Jordan
lebanon and nigeria, fuccboi

kNicKz
08-01-2015, 07:31 PM
So someone born and raised in New Jersey isn't American? Interesting

Euroleague
08-01-2015, 07:54 PM
lebanon and nigeria, fuccboi

Seikaly was not from Lebanon. He was from Greece idiot. He was also a member of Greece's national team, both junior and senior.

Then USA stole him and naturalized him.

The fact that he later was allowed to play for Lebanon as part of FIBA's "helping to develop and grow the sport and expand it around the world" does not change that fact.

Nigeria did not even have a national team when Hakeem was a player you freaking moron. And Hakeem is not a Nigerian national idiot. He is a Jordanian national. He was a member of Jordan's national team program.

Good god, you are a ****ing dumb ass.

morbius
08-02-2015, 05:06 AM
Seikaly was not from Lebanon. He was from Greece idiot. He was also a member of Greece's national team, both junior and senior.

Seikaly is an Arab, you dipshit. His father is Lebanese Christian Arab, his mother is from Siria, none have Greek lineage. When he was 3, hist parents emigrated to Greece where Rony grew up. Once it was discovered that he can play ball, Greeks scrambled to get him the citizenship, but bureaucracy took too long and Seikaly went to USA where he was soon given American citizenship and won gold for team USA in 1986. He likes Greece, but has never played for the Greek national team in any category, though in 1987 Eurobasket he was honoured by being given a seat next to the Greek bench.

So, Seikaly is not Greek and neither are you, you're not fooling anybody. At best, you're like a ginger idiot who claims to be Navajo because of his great-great-grandmother.

JtotheIzzo
08-02-2015, 09:01 AM
Jamal Murray is gonna make it 3 out of 4 for Canada

Rooster
08-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Seikaly is an Arab, you dipshit. His father is Lebanese Christian Arab, his mother is from Siria, none have Greek lineage. When he was 3, hist parents emigrated to Greece where Rony grew up. Once it was discovered that he can play ball, Greeks scrambled to get him the citizenship, but bureaucracy took too long and Seikaly went to USA where he was soon given American citizenship and won gold for team USA in 1986. He likes Greece, but has never played for the Greek national team in any category, though in 1987 Eurobasket he was honoured by being given a seat next to the Greek bench.

So, Seikaly is not Greek and neither are you, you're not fooling anybody. At best, you're like a ginger idiot who claims to be Navajo because of his great-great-grandmother.

Seikaly - Lebanese
Peja - Serbia
Jaric - Serbia
Calathes - American
Koufos - American
Tsakilidis - Georgian
Giannis - Nigerian

So in reality, no genuine Greek has average over 4 ppg in the NBA.:oldlol:

And Galis - American. Their greatest player:oldlol:

IncarceratedBob
08-02-2015, 12:47 PM
karl anthony towns is a scum bag for those photos of him. who reps a third world country? get a life dude.

Fowl
08-03-2015, 01:26 PM
karl anthony towns is a scum bag for those photos of him. who reps a third world country? get a life dude.
Dominican Republic isn't a third world country, the country next to it is.

SpanishACB
08-04-2015, 07:21 AM

he's actually an american-dominican, he has dual nationality.

In sports, dual nationality doesn't exist in practice. The player directly or indirectly chooses by playing a game with whichever national side, and from then on, he can't play for another and is considered the former.

Towns seems to have his mind pretty much made if we trust his social media posts, so by all accounts, in basketball, he's a dominican player.

He is an american prospect though, in the sense he was trained and nurtured in the US

Euroleague
08-04-2015, 06:09 PM

Seikaly's mother's family is Greek and they still live in Greece idiot.

And stop getting your facts from Wikipedia that was fake edited by someone from Lebanon.