PDA

View Full Version : I was banned during the finals, but I have to speak about Curry and the finals MVP...

stalkerforlife
08-01-2015, 01:28 AM
First of all, the fact that Curry didn't receive a single vote for finals MVP is an absolute disgrace. Unfortunately, most people don't have a very high basketball intellect. If you watched the games closely, you would notice Curry received more defensive attention than anyone on the floor...INCLUDING Bran. They would literally double Curry hard if a pick was set near mid-court. When Curry was trapped, he would continuously find an open man and the possessions continuously led to open shots for the Warriors. Curry didn't get a ton of assists, but the attention he received led to the game being opened up for his teammates. I have NEVER seen a player trapped and doubled so hard so far away from the basket. Curry's numbers suffered, but his IMPACT was visible to the trained eye.

Curry was the finals MVP.

And Bran getting 4 votes was unbelievable. 39% on 33 shots a game, 28% from beyond 5 feet, and 33% in 4th quarters. His team lost 4-2. It's not like it went down to a close game 7. Listen, Bran did what he could do and was outnumbered, but he definitely did not deserve any finals MVP votes.

warriorfan
08-01-2015, 01:39 AM
The Media Hype Train for LeBron is real

inclinerator
08-01-2015, 01:46 AM
The Media Hype Train for LeBron is real
who is l james

Asukal
08-01-2015, 01:48 AM
I agree but iggy winning FMVP makes for a more compelling story. :cheers:

Angel Face
08-01-2015, 01:49 AM
Iggy has a case and he deserved it, but Curry not recieving a single vote was just ridiculous. The guy who chuck 35 shots to score 36 and is unclutch got votes. Meanwhile Curry who is GSW go to guy in clutch didn't recieve a single vote. This is just garbage voting from the media.

Honestly Curry should've won it imo.

TripleA
08-01-2015, 01:56 AM
Probably because he got his lunch money took that one game. He probably deserved votes.

imnew09
08-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Gotta give credits to iggy too. Dude was a legit pro. Humble and professional man

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-01-2015, 02:33 AM
Lebron shrinks and make FMVP's like no other

Droid101
08-01-2015, 03:02 AM
Agreed.

Jacks3
08-01-2015, 03:46 AM
i would given it to curry as well (though i think iggy has a great case), but i don't get why people act like he was drawing a ridiculous amount of defensive coverage compared to some other superstars. i've definitely seen other series where a superstar was seeing a similar amount of defensive attention.

stalkerforlife
08-01-2015, 03:57 AM
Don't get me wrong, I loved Iggy's series. It was an amazing display from a player that didn't start a game until the NBA finals. (Good adjustment by Kerr) Iggy, in ISO situations, really handled Bran. Iggy not only defended well, he was big offensively. GREAT series from him.

I just think the overall impact Curry had was understated, overlooked, and unappreciated.

FKAri
08-01-2015, 04:26 AM
0 votes is ridiculous. I think he was punished for those 2 subpar games he had. Voters expected him to light up the depleted Cavs but it didn't happen. I honestly think Lebron had a better case than Iggy. It should've been either Curry or Lebron before Iggy. With all due respect to Iggy's 1 on 1 defense which really dictated the series, Lebron couldn't hit open jumpers.

raprap
08-01-2015, 09:31 AM
0/11

sammichoffate
08-01-2015, 10:06 AM
All to make a Lebron-centered story, most casual fans probably didn't even know who Iggy was before the Finals.

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 10:15 AM
0/11

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 10:28 AM
It could have gone to Curry.

But I know this: Andre Iguodala kept the Warriors from getting swept thru 4 games.. He gave them the lift at all the critical times and was the main defender on Bron resulting in the lower percentages. (Otherwise Bron would have torched Warriors for 50 in at least one game.)

Granted, without Curry, Warriors wouldn't be there in the first place... just like Cavs would be picking lottery selections again...

It was one of the least clear cut Finals MVP votes ever IMO..

Rocketswin2013
08-01-2015, 10:31 AM
It could have gone to Curry.

But I know this: Andre Iguodala kept the Warriors from getting swept thru 4 games.. He gave them the lift at all the critical times and was the main defender on Bron resulting in the lower percentages. (Otherwise Bron would have torched Warriors for 50 in at least one game.)

Granted, without Curry, Warriors wouldn't be there in the first place... just like Cavs would be picking lottery selections again...

It was one of the least clear cut Finals MVP votes ever IMO..
Lottery? When's the last time a team with the league's best defense, was one of the worst teams? They'd win 45-ish games without Curry.

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Lottery? When's the last time a team with the league's best defense, was one of the worst teams? They'd win 45-ish games without Curry.

I don't think the Warriors would do well without Curry but my emphasis was meant to be more on how LeBron took a sure lottery team to Finals...

konex
08-01-2015, 11:01 AM
I agree. It was a complete sham and shows you how little the media knows about basketball. Everything they do is to advance a current narrative (LeBron so good) or create a new one (Iggy saved GS).

Braincells
08-01-2015, 11:15 AM
IMO, the FMVP is slowly changing from a legitimate award to a popularity contest vote. Iggy getting it without regard to how the Cavs defended the GOAT shooter is kind of a joke. Iggy was the beneficiary of Blatt's defensive gameplan to neutralize Curry on the perimeter.

Curry basically gave Iggy those open looks because the defense was sending an extra defender to shadow him after the PnRs. This also meant that someone was going to be open almost every offensive sequence, and Curry is being penalized for hitting the open man. Festus Ezeli was beginning to capitalize on this later in the series as well.

Lebron getting votes despite 33 shots on 39% shooting diminishes the award substantially.

Quickening
08-01-2015, 11:18 AM
He struggled in multiple games against a player earning 1 mill per year...

ralph_i_el
08-01-2015, 11:41 AM
He struggled in multiple games against a player earning 1 mill per year...
+whoever else was coming to trap or double him

sportjames23
08-01-2015, 11:41 AM
First of all, the fact that Curry didn't receive a single vote for finals MVP is an absolute disgrace. Unfortunately, most people don't have a very high basketball intellect. If you watched the games closely, you would notice Curry received more defensive attention than anyone on the floor...INCLUDING Bran. They would literally double Curry hard if a pick was set near mid-court. When Curry was trapped, he would continuously find an open man and the possessions continuously led to open shots for the Warriors. Curry didn't get a ton of assists, but the attention he received led to the game being opened up for his teammates. I have NEVER seen a player trapped and doubled so hard so far away from the basket. Curry's numbers suffered, but his IMPACT was visible to the trained eye.

And Bran getting 4 votes was unbelievable. 39% on 33 shots a game, 28% from beyond 5 feet, and 33% in 4th quarters. His team lost 4-2. It's not like it went down to a close game 7. Listen, Bran did what he could do and was outnumbered, but he definitely did not deserve any finals MVP votes.

Welcome back, my nigguh. :cheers:

Cali Syndicate
08-01-2015, 11:50 AM
I just dont understand how iggy shot so bad from the ft line....the cavs started to hack a iggy.

Hey Yo
08-01-2015, 11:56 AM
I agree. It was a complete sham and shows you how little the media knows about basketball. Everything they do is to advance a current narrative (LeBron so good) or create a new one (Iggy saved GS).
So you know more about BB than the guys listed below who had votes?

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/chrm1whusaagd-g.jpg

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 11:59 AM
The Konex Curse is broken, so they must know more since they were right on a troll board.

Beastmode88
08-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Lebron deserves something after 2 years of not winning anything right? :confusedshrug:

J Shuttlesworth
08-01-2015, 12:09 PM
The Warriors won 3 straight after being down 2-1. The difference was that they started Iggy and tried to force the game to a faster pace. Iggy was the guy leading that charge and always had a couple of early fastbreak buckets to up the pace.

If you win a series because you making a coaching change, that player is inevitably the MVP.

JT123
08-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Curry got exposed as a beta male in the Finals. What kind of MVP needs 6 games to take out Delly, Shumpert, and Mozgov? :oldlol:
ANY other league MVP from the last 5 years would have swept that depleted Cavs team, but Curry had to be saved from ultimate embarrassment by a role player. :facepalm

TheMarkMadsen
08-01-2015, 12:44 PM

this part is so fuccing true and the haters won't dare admit this..

Curry saw doubles throughout the finals..

Bran saw single coverage the entire time..

that says so much

TheMarkMadsen
08-01-2015, 12:49 PM
The Warriors won 3 straight after being down 2-1. The difference was that they started Iggy and tried to force the game to a faster pace. Iggy was the guy leading that charge and always had a couple of early fastbreak buckets to up the pace.

If you win a series because you making a coaching change, that player is inevitably the MVP.

so i guess Haslem & Miller were co FMVP's in 2013..

Curry saw more defensive attention that bran did, he was constantly doubled.. they decided they'd rather have Draymond Green & Iggy taking open jumpers all series than Curry taking contested shots from 30 ft away..

meanwhile the Warriors seemingly feared the Cavs shooters more than Lebron's iso scoring, seeing as they never doubled off the shooters..

that says so much about who is more feared on the court offensively..

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 12:53 PM

Right. And anybody who actually watched it knows that Iggy was bailing out the Warriors as early as game 1. The Cavs were up big to open game 1, they sub Iggy in -- has nothing to do with Curry -- and he just immediately went to work scoring, having a mean gameface on, defending Bron better than their other guys had been doing... If i had to read his thoughts, Iggy was basically like: "We aint goin out like that"...

This is before they unleashed Delly on Curry, Curry was still having a decent game at this point -- Cavs didn't really have an answer for him yet, they were just playing strong D and Warriors were choking with their execution... And then Iggy came in and kept them alive long enough for Kerr to figure out what the solution was -- he rolled the dice on Speights and it was the right call to help them make to it to halftime, then they regrouped and played a tough second half...
& then...
At the end of that game, Iggy's D down the stretch on LeBron was *thee* crucial thing preventing them from losing and forcing Bron into lower percentage shots in clutchtime...

Warriors lose game 1 b/c Iggy isn't able to step up to challenge of guarding Bron... then Cavs have Kyrie for rest of series, could win the next two the way they were playing at the start of series, then with Kyrie in lineup would have had enough to finish it off in Cleveland in a tiring game 4... Warriors wouldn't have even had a shot.

So while I'd agree Curry played a big part in the later games (he was the MVP game 5 no question), his struggles in the two losses and the fact that Iggy was able to come through so huge for Warriors, I see how Iggy was a fair candidate, period. Curry didn't separate himself enough.

J Shuttlesworth
08-01-2015, 01:01 PM

Curry saw more defensive attention that bran did, he was constantly doubled.. they decided they'd rather have Draymond Green & Iggy taking open jumpers all series than Curry taking contested shots from 30 ft away..

meanwhile the Warriors seemingly feared the Cavs shooters more than Lebron's iso scoring, seeing as they never doubled off the shooters..

I like how you're so desperately trying to make this about LeBron. Have you not gotten your morning fix of daily LeBron arguments yet? The bulk of Haslem/Miller's shots came from assists from LeBron. Their spacing complimented LeBron's game and worked well in the finals. How is that in any way comparable to Iggy leading the team in scoring a couple games, having a huge defensive impact, and forcing GSW's tempo anywhere close to Miller making wide open 3's, and Haslem hitting his baseline j? I mean this is such an asinine comparison that I feel bad for myself for actually responding to it.

Iggy didn't see as much defensive attention, but he also didn't lay two eggs costing them games 2-3 and never got shut down by a guy like Delly. Iggy was more consistent, and he was really the one pushing the ball for Golden State. I don't think people realize how important tempo was in that series. As someone rooting for the Cavs, Iggy's shots seemed to sting the most and always seemed like they came at the most important times. Never felt like that about Curry outside of game 5.

For me, it was either LeBron or Iggy. Media seemed to agree, and that list of voters is pretty knowledgeable, particularly Zach Lowe.

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 01:02 PM

yeah or whose passing ability is more feared...

there's a reason Curry wasn't getting a lot of assists, he isn't able to thread the needle well enough under pressure, the Warriors offence was a shook mess at a times b/c of Cleveland D / Curry being more of a shoot-first PG... also, Delly's single coverage shut down Curry at times too. it wasn't just the traps and doubles...

Curry got more attention but he also blanked a game and a half and averaged less on shooting only .045% better, as the greatest shooter ever, than Bron who gets crucified for less than 0.05% difference.. because his haters are desperate to find anything they can use against him because let's face it, they're the ones with the agenda.

:rant

J Shuttlesworth
08-01-2015, 01:04 PM
So while I'd agree Curry played a big part in the later games (he was the MVP game 5 no question), his struggles in the two losses and the fact that Iggy was able to come through so huge for Warriors, I see how Iggy was a fair candidate, period. Curry didn't separate himself enough.
Exactly. It doesn't make Curry not great or the best player on the team. Iggy just had a bigger value to that series. Yes, it's strange that Curry received 0 votes because I thought it was close, but ultimately, Iggy earned it. People will completely ignore the other side of the ball where Iggy is covering LeBron and Curry has to work hard to shut down the talents of Matthew Dellevadova.

Milbuck
08-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Iggy didn't see as much defensive attention, but he also didn't lay two eggs costing them games 2-3 and never got shut down by a guy like Delly. Iggy was more consistent, and he was really the one pushing the ball for Golden State. I don't think people realize how important tempo was in that series. As someone rooting for the Cavs, Iggy's shots seemed to sting the most and always seemed like they came at the most important times. Never felt like that about Curry outside of game 5.

For me, it was either LeBron or Iggy. Media seemed to agree, and that list of voters is pretty knowledgeable, particularly Zach Lowe.
Iggy "didn't see as much defensive attention" is one of the biggest understatements possible. They literally didn't guard him at times. You place so much value on him pushing the tempo as if he was prime Magic or something.

The reality is Curry is the far and away biggest reason GS' offense is the way that it is. He is the driving force. He drew the most defensive attention out of anyone that series and aside from Lebron no one else came remotely close. No one in the playoffs saw that type of defensive attention. The guy saw constant doubles, triples, traps, swarming defense from everywhere, and more often than not made the right decision. People are so willing to trash the guy for a couple bad games, but they refuse to admit how ridiculously easy it makes the game for players around him. Honestly, anyone else faces that kind of defense and they're struggling too. But they're not receiving that type of defensive attention because they're not the surreal offensive threat Curry is the second he crosses halfcourt.

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 01:11 PM
I don't even know why people get upset that no one voted for BMC. It's not like they got together and said "No votes for that guy." They all just saw it a different way, and, by coincidence, voted for someone other than Curry.

wtf is with people going "Yeah, but Curry should've gotten at least some votes." If you agree they made the right choice, then Curry received the proper amount of votes: 0.

Wade's Rings
08-01-2015, 01:13 PM
I don't think the Warriors would do well without Curry but my emphasis was meant to be more on how LeBron took a sure lottery team to Finals...

The Cavs with Love & Kyrie + Solid Role Players would've been a Playoff Team.

TheMarkMadsen
08-01-2015, 01:16 PM
I like how you're so desperately trying to make this about LeBron. Have you not gotten your morning fix of daily LeBron arguments yet? The bulk of Haslem/Miller's shots came from assists from LeBron. Their spacing complimented LeBron's game and worked well in the finals. How is that in any way comparable to Iggy leading the team in scoring a couple games, having a huge defensive impact, and forcing GSW's tempo anywhere close to Miller making wide open 3's, and Haslem hitting his baseline j? I mean this is such an asinine comparison that I feel bad for myself for actually responding to it.

I like how you're so desperately trying to make this about LeBron. Have you not gotten your morning fix of daily LeBron arguments yet? The bulk of Haslem/Miller's shots came from assists from LeBron. "

o i was just using the same stupid logic you were using,.. you literally argued for Iggy being the FMVP because he was inserted into the starting line up and "had a few easy fast break buckets"

The bulk of Haslem/Miller's shots came from assists from LeBron. [/B]Their spacing complimented LeBron's game and worked well in the finals. How is that in any way comparable to Iggy leading the team in scoring a couple games,

how blind are you that you can't see that Curry was doing the exact same thing you are claiming bran did for his teammates, except in this case Curry was doubled almost immediately after passing the half court, and created so many open looks for his teammates.. the spacing he creates on the floor is at an all time great level

How is that in any way comparable to Iggy leading the team in scoring a couple games

Iggy didn't lead the warriors in scoring in any of the games :facepalm

what a terrible argument, Chalmers led the team in scoring in the 2013 finals more than Iggy did.. so fuccing what..

and forcing GSW's tempo anywhere close to Miller making wide open 3's, and Haslem hitting his baseline j? I mean this is such an asinine comparison that I feel bad for myself for actually responding to it.

are you trying to be this stupid?? Iggy was taking wide open shots the entire series due 100% to the attention Curry was getting

but he also didn't lay two eggs costing them games 2-3 and never got shut down by a guy like Delly. Iggy was more consistent,

you're seriously delusional

Curry didn't play well in the game 2, that's it, he played poorly through half of game 3, and then was superb from there on out, yet you're boy lebron didn't score more than 18 points through the first 3 games of the 2013 series.. yet i don't see you holding that against him.. it's just so easy to point on your double standard..

Wade's Rings
08-01-2015, 01:17 PM

Agree with this entirely. Also was Curry Trapped the Whole Series? From what I remember he was facing single coverage from Delly in Games 2 & 5. I don't think he was being trapped in Game 1 either.

TheMarkMadsen
08-01-2015, 01:19 PM
yeah or whose passing ability is more feared...

there's a reason Curry wasn't getting a lot of assists, he isn't able to thread the needle well enough under pressure, the Warriors offence was a shook mess at a times b/c of Cleveland D / Curry being more of a shoot-first PG... also, Delly's single coverage shut down Curry at times too. it wasn't just the traps and doubles...

Curry got more attention but he also blanked a game and a half and averaged less on shooting only .045% better, as the greatest shooter ever, than Bron who gets crucified for less than 0.05% difference.. because his haters are desperate to find anything they can use against him because let's face it, they're the ones with the agenda.

:rant

:oldlol: :oldlol:

you can try to spin it that way if you want..

but Kerr even has said that they feared the shooters more than Lebron's iso scoring, which is why they were so disciplined and always stuck with their man instead of doubling on lebron

and I love how you guys keep riding Curry for game 2, yet don't mention lebron's game 4 when telling the world how he was FMVP

J Shuttlesworth
08-01-2015, 01:28 PM
o i was just using the same stupid logic you were using,.. you literally argued for Iggy being the FMVP because he was inserted into the starting line up and "had a few easy fast break buckets"

how blind are you that you can't see that Curry was doing the exact same thing you are claiming bran did for his teammates, except in this case Curry was doubled almost immediately after passing the half court, and created so many open looks for his teammates.. the spacing he creates on the floor is at an all time great level

I don't see how what curry did is in any way the same as what LeBron did? Are you talking about 2012 LeBron? 2013? LeBron never had an individual game as bad as Curry's 5/23 or whatever it was in those finals. Yes, Curry created some great spacing, but he also didn't control the tempo like Iggy did. And you can create the spacing, but when has that been enough for an FMVP? Does Mike Miler deserve an FMVP for creating spacing for LeBron?

Iggy didn't lead the warriors in scoring in any of the games :facepalm

what a terrible argument, Chalmers led the team in scoring in the 2013 finals more than Iggy did.. so fuccing what..
Second highest scorer on the team, 24 assists to 6 turnovers, best defender on LeBron... how is that not FMVP worthy? The only edge Curry had was really just pure scoring. Curry had 28 turnovers as well. Iggy led the Dubs in scoring in game 6 i believe, or maybe he was tied for leading scorer. These comparisons to guys like Chalmers/Miller aren't helping you at all.

are you trying to be this stupid?? Iggy was taking wide open shots the entire series due 100% to the attention Curry was getting

you're seriously delusional
If you watched the series, you'd know that Iggy didn't only take open shots. He also forced tempo getting steals and forcing the fast break and getting buckets plenty of times. His passing/playmaking gets completely overlooked, but it was good against Cleveland.

Curry didn't play well in the game 2, that's it, he played poorly through half of game 3, and then was superb from there on out, yet you're boy lebron didn't score more than 18 points through the first 3 games of the 2013 series.. yet i don't see you holding that against him.. it's just so easy to point on your double standard..
I'm not sure why you're trying to make this so much about LeBron. He won his FMVP in 2013. Are you actually salty about that? It wasn't even close either.

J Shuttlesworth
08-01-2015, 01:31 PM
So for you guys like Madsen who don't think iggy should be FMVP,

Do you think he had no case at all and it was a completely robbery? Do you think the list of voters are complete idiots? Most of those guys on the list are pretty well known in the b-ball world, and aren't some Broussard type idiots. I actually enjoy most of those writers. Do you think the ones that voted for LeBron/Iggy are just complete idiots if you think Curry was such a clear cut FMVP?

I'm out though ISH. Gotta get my day going, and ISH has been too toxic lately to enjoy. Peace out bros. I'll read this thread later today for responses

Milbuck
08-01-2015, 01:38 PM
So for you guys like Madsen who don't think iggy should be FMVP,

Do you think he had no case at all and it was a completely robbery? Do you think the list of voters are complete idiots? Most of those guys on the list are pretty well known in the b-ball world, and aren't some Broussard type idiots. I actually enjoy most of those writers. Do you think the ones that voted for LeBron/Iggy are just complete idiots if you think Curry was such a clear cut FMVP?

I'm out though ISH. Gotta get my day going, and ISH has been too toxic lately to enjoy. Peace out bros. I'll read this thread later today for responses
I don't see how pointing out the voters as if they consistently get stuff right is a meaningful argument. Iggy had a "case" for FMVP...the same type of case Tyson Chandler had as the Mavs' most important player on their 2011 run. Both of their games epitomize what the NBA wants to promote - toughness, energy, hard work, unselfishness, intangibles, etc...but the reality is the team would still be good without them. Without the other guy - Curry/Dirk...they'd be completely and utterly hopeless.

Iggy was clearly the 2nd best player on the Warriors that series and the 2nd most valuable but you cannot tell me that if you remove him from the Warriors they wouldn't be significantly better than the Warriors had you removed Curry.

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 02:09 PM
The Cavs with Love & Kyrie + Solid Role Players would've been a Playoff Team.

So let's hope they actually have that in rounds 2, 3 and 4 this year...

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Agree with this entirely. Also was Curry Trapped the Whole Series? From what I remember he was facing single coverage from Delly in Games 2 & 5. I don't think he was being trapped in Game 1 either.

exactly. for at least 1 game, he got embarrassed a thousand times worse than Bron ... but then they accuse us of sweeping Bron's game 4 under the carpet. dude, Bron's worst game still blows Curry's worst away.

/thread.

3ball
08-01-2015, 02:20 PM

Curry was definitely the MVP.

Iggy's impact is vastly overrated - Lebron shot 39.9% against Chicago and 43.8% against Atlanta too, so I never understood why Iggy was all of a sudden getting all this credit..

Lebron was shooting poorly regardless of who was on him - the common thread in these bad shooting performances wasn't Iggy - it was high volume..

It's simply not Finals-MVP worthy for Iggy to get 16/6/4 while playing the same caliber defense Chicago and Atlanta played against Lebron.

It's ridiculous actually... Curry should be salty (but I know he isn't).

Bernkastel
08-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Curry should be salty (but I know he isn't).

Didn't you see his face when he didn't win it? Dude was legit upset. His owner was furious as well. :lol

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 02:31 PM
Lebron was shooting poorly regardless of who was on him - the common thread in these bad shooting performances wasn't Iggy - it was high volume..

So why doesn't he shoot badly with high volume in 2009?

It isn't high volume, it's the defenders -- Butler, Carroll, Iggy -- three of league's best in a row, each one wearing him down as the lone option for the majority of three series in a row...
Just like when they put a fresh Delly on Curry, your MVP got shut the **** down..

Still a great player tho, love watching Curry most the time etc. etc. think he's one of the top 50 ever and the greatest shooter etc., I just don't see how he has any better an argument with a game and a half like that and the rest of his finals, outside of game 5, nothing historical..

3ball
08-01-2015, 03:00 PM
Didn't you see his face when he didn't win it? Dude was legit upset. His owner was furious as well. :lol
I missed that... In that case, I stand corrected.

It certainly doesn't SURPRISE me that he would be upset... He's just such a good dude that I figured he probably brushed it off - but honestly, that's asking way too much - giving the award to Iggy is that egregious.

Iggy won the award by getting 16/6/4 while playing the same defense Chicago and Atlanta played - this is probably the weakest performance ever for a FMVP - I'm open to other guys who may have been weaker, but I can't think of any.

3ball
08-01-2015, 03:02 PM
So why doesn't he shoot badly with high volume in 2009?

Do you even LOOK at the stats before you post?... Or do you just post blindly?

Lebron only averagd 25 shots per game against Orlando in 2009... He averaged nearly 35 against the Warriors.

Again, Lebron's high volume was the common thread in each series - that was the reason he shot badly against Chicago, Atlanta and GS... NOT Iggy..

Iggy didn't play for CHI or ATL, so he doesn't explain Lebron's shooting performance in those series.. Period.

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 03:16 PM
Do you even LOOK at the stats before you post?... Or do you just post blindly?

You got me there. I go more off general impressions.. If I went more off stats like you i'd probably argue Wilt was the GOAT.

Again, Lebron's high volume was the common thread in each series - that was the reason he shot badly against Chicago, Atlanta and GS... NOT Iggy..

Highlighting or italicizing it doesn't necessarily make it more true.

If Chicago or Atlanta beat Cavs, the MVP of those series could be Butler or Carroll...

But whatever, ISH forums from here on out = 3Ball forums and MJ-Kobe worship and whatever fits those agenda..

thought this place might be cool, clearly not..

3ball
08-01-2015, 03:21 PM
thought this place might be cool, clearly not..

By cool, do you mean people spreading lies about things that didn't happen?

If that's the kind of forum you're looking for, this is just the place.. However, you have to tolerate truth police like me.

If Chicago or Atlanta beat Cavs, the MVP of those series could be Butler or Carroll...

Btw, you said IF

The fact that those teams DIDN'T win, proves that such defense on Lebron was not the deciding factor that allows a team to beat the Cavs - this proves Iggy's defense was not the most valuable factor in the Finals...

And lord knows his 16/6/4 wasn't FMVP worthy either.

stalkerforlife
08-01-2015, 03:32 PM

https://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/chrm1whusaagd-g.jpg

I do.

stalkerforlife
08-01-2015, 03:35 PM
this part is so fuccing true and the haters won't dare admit this..

Curry saw doubles throughout the finals..

Bran saw single coverage the entire time..

that says so much

I was shocked at how inept Bran was in single coverage ISO situations. It was sad to see "the best player in the world" not be able to exploit one on one coverage.

stalkerforlife
08-01-2015, 03:41 PM

Iggy's impact is vastly overrated - Lebron shot 39.9% against Chicago and 43.8% against Atlanta too, so I never understood why Iggy was all of a sudden getting all this credit..

It's simply not Finals-MVP worthy for Iggy to get 16/6/4 while playing the same caliber defense Chicago and Atlanta played against Lebron.

3ball wins the internet again. Iggy gave a valiant effort, but Bran's high volume destroyed his "efficiency." Bran has tried to protect his stats his entire career, but this time he had no choice. Up against the wall, Bran was exposed.

superteamtheory
08-01-2015, 04:25 PM
By cool, do you mean people spreading lies about things that didn't happen?

Like that Jordan took a lottery bound Bulls directly to a threepeat? Whereas LBJ actually literally did take a team that was in the lottery chase to a ring chase...

But whatever, you can go to hell, pig.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea108jdRGPY

warriorfan
08-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Shuttlesworth went full retard in this thread

AMC making him feel some type of way

It is nice to see that most posters have seen the light on how Curry was robbed of the 2015 FMVP though

warriorfan
08-01-2015, 04:45 PM

Agreed, the Media tries to make stopping LeBron some monumental and incredible feat when really LeBron stops himself with the glaring holes in his game and waning mental toughness as the game winds down.

sportjames23
08-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Like that Jordan took a lottery bound Bulls directly to a threepeat? Whereas LBJ actually literally did take a team that was in the lottery chase to a ring chase...

Salty af. :oldlol:

Rose'sACL
08-01-2015, 06:35 PM
The truth is that zach Lowe and jvg voted for lebron. If curry got some votes, lebron would have won fmvp. You guys should be happy that no one voted for curry otherwise lebron would have been fmvp.

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 07:21 PM
Am i the only one who thinks some voters voted for Iggy to diss Bran? Second time a role players wins FMVP because of Bran.

Beastmode88
08-01-2015, 07:23 PM

Wait.... how many players were from the same cavs team the previous year. Dumbass alert.

Rose'sACL
08-01-2015, 07:28 PM
Wait.... how many players were from the same cavs team the previous year. Dumbass alert.
why does that matter?
Do you reply like this to all the idiots spamming 2/6?

If you want context to matter then it should matter in both cases.

knicksman
08-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Curry got exposed as a beta male in the Finals. What kind of MVP needs 6 games to take out Delly, Shumpert, and Mozgov? :oldlol:
ANY other league MVP from the last 5 years would have swept that depleted Cavs team, but Curry had to be saved from ultimate embarrassment by a role player. :facepalm

:sleeping 1/1>>2/6

knicksman
08-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Am i the only one who thinks some voters voted for Iggy to diss Bran? Second time a role players wins FMVP because of Bran.

its more like they want to continue the narrative of him being the best that whoever stops him is also great. They just want to save face of hyping bran.

comerb
08-01-2015, 11:18 PM

You don't get FMVP for being double teamed dumbass.

warriorfan
08-01-2015, 11:21 PM
You don't get FMVP for being double teamed dumbass.

Yeah all Curry did was demand double teams throughout six straight games.

Not like he still managed put up 26/5/6 on great efficiency or anything....

:biggums:

warriorfan
08-01-2015, 11:24 PM
The truth is that zach Lowe and jvg voted for lebron. If curry got some votes, lebron would have won fmvp. You guys should be happy that no one voted for curry otherwise lebron would have been fmvp.

Zach Lowe isn't a basketball expert. He's some limp dicked stat nerd hipster who trys to take "outside the box" opinions to make himself seem like some savant who knows more about the game when really he is just a long winded fraud.

Wade's Rings
08-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Yeah all Curry did was demand double teams throughout six straight games.

Not like he still managed put up 26/5/6 on great efficiency or anything....

:biggums:

Didn't Curry face Single Coverage in Games 1, 2, and 5?

warriorfan
08-01-2015, 11:28 PM
Didn't Curry face Single Coverage in Games 1, 2, and 5?

No

Funktion
08-01-2015, 11:29 PM
If Steph would have won it Bran fans would have bitched about stats and Steph being media darling. Now Curry fans are pissed, even tho he has an MVP and Ring. 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

DMV2
08-01-2015, 11:36 PM
Both Leonard and Iguodala won MVP because of the last 3 games of the series. Definitely were most impactful players on the winning team.

Best players on the winning teams were Duncan and Curry.

Best player overall was LeBron.

Normally you go by the best player on the winning team. Voters went against the grain all because of LeBron.

It was definitely more of a LeBron-centered voting mentality. And yes, professional media writers/reporters are extremely biased for the best players, especially for a guy like LeBron, who is the best player/most popular athlete.

Curry should have been FMVP in my opinion. Leonard and Duncan was actually pretty close, I think that one should have been co-FMVPs.

warriorfan
08-01-2015, 11:39 PM
Both Leonard and Iguodala won MVP because of the last 3 games of the series. Definitely were most impactful players on the winning team.

Best players on the winning teams were Duncan and Curry.

Best player overall was LeBron.

Normally you go by the best player on the winning team. Voters went against the grain.

It was definitely more of a LeBron-centered voting mentality. And yes, professional media writers/reporters are extremely biased for the best players, especially for a guy like LeBron, who is the best player/most popular athlete.

Curry should have been FMVP in my opinion. Leonard and Duncan was actually pretty close, I think that one should have been co-FMVPs.

You wanna see impact? Have Curry not play vs the Cavs and watch the Warriors struggle to score 70 points a game.

DMV2
08-01-2015, 11:42 PM
You wanna see impact? Have Curry not play vs the Cavs and watch the Warriors struggle to score 70 points a game.
We know what Curry can do. And in fact, he opened up spots for Iggy and other GSW to make shots.

Iggy moving to starting line up completely switched the series around. No way to deny that.

I would have voted for Curry. Traditionally, it would have been for Curry.

Wade's Rings
08-02-2015, 12:57 AM
No

I know Game 2 was single coverage because that was when Delly had him on lockdown.

Dro
08-02-2015, 01:05 AM
Agree completely with OP.......

Prime_Shaq
08-02-2015, 02:11 AM
I think Iggy fully deserved Finals MVP, but I am also surprised Curry got 0 votes :lol you would think he would get at least one

superteamtheory
08-02-2015, 07:46 AM
why does that matter?
Do you reply like this to all the idiots spamming 2/6?

If you want context to matter then it should matter in both cases.

context: Jordan took an extra year of development before the threepeat... Jordan jockers just shrug this off, alrite fine. I'm shrugging off the roster changes on Cavs then especially when they would be a lottery team anyway after Love goes down. (Having an extra year seems a lot more important to me but whatever.)

but they will nitpick things like this, use everything they can against you etc. because they're a buncha corrupt agenda-pushing cop mentalities. 3Ball isn't a troll, he's a pig.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383374 < literally nothing to his argument in that one, Cavs just traded a ROY for a Love they might not get back ... it's just propaganda, it's clear he has an agenda...

no community here at all, don't know why the few good posters here (Laz, mehyaM24 or a guy as poetically minded as KBlaze etc.) even stick around since it's not like anybody's on their level or will ever believe their arguments anyway or even want to look at them with some goodwill and anything other than OCD analytics... and soon 3Ball will be chief of this place, with guys like stalkerforlife ("I'm a Kobe fan because I was a accused rapist") as his guys 3Ball is totally okay with as his right hand men, so have fun.. here's to hoping all the future 20something posters like me avoid wasting their time with this shit as long as 3Ball and the Kobe-riding posse are around... might as well just show this them this post first so they know what they're getting into...

Wade's Rings
08-02-2015, 11:31 AM
context: Jordan took an extra year of development before the threepeat... Jordan jockers just shrug this off, alrite fine. I'm shrugging off the roster changes on Cavs then especially when they would be a lottery team anyway after Love goes down. (Having an extra year seems a lot more important to me but whatever.)

but they will nitpick things like this, use everything they can against you etc. because they're a buncha corrupt agenda-pushing cop mentalities. 3Ball isn't a troll, he's a pig.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383374 < literally nothing to his argument in that one, Cavs just traded a ROY for a Love they might not get back ... it's just propaganda, it's clear he has an agenda...

no community here at all, don't know why the few good posters here (Laz, mehyaM24 or a guy as poetically minded as KBlaze etc.) even stick around since it's not like anybody's on their level or will ever believe their arguments anyway or even want to look at them with some goodwill and anything other than OCD analytics... and soon 3Ball will be chief of this place, with guys like stalkerforlife ("I'm a Kobe fan because I was a accused rapist") as his guys 3Ball is totally okay with as his right hand men, so have fun.. here's to hoping all the future 20something posters like me avoid wasting their time with this shit as long as 3Ball and the Kobe-riding posse are around... might as well just show this them this post first so they know what they're getting into...

:facepalm You can't be serious.

I.R.Beast
08-02-2015, 12:15 PM
Iggy "didn't see as much defensive attention" is one of the biggest understatements possible. They literally didn't guard him at times. You place so much value on him pushing the tempo as if he was prime Magic or something.

The reality is Curry is the far and away biggest reason GS' offense is the way that it is. He is the driving force. He drew the most defensive attention out of anyone that series and aside from Lebron no one else came remotely close. No one in the playoffs saw that type of defensive attention. The guy saw constant doubles, triples, traps, swarming defense from everywhere, and more often than not made the right decision. People are so willing to trash the guy for a couple bad games, but they refuse to admit how ridiculously easy it makes the game for players around him. Honestly, anyone else faces that kind of defense and they're struggling too. But they're not receiving that type of defensive attention because they're not the surreal offensive threat Curry is the second he crosses halfcourt.

No need to exaggerate. We watched the finals.. he was not doubled and tripled the way youre suggesting. Delly and even kyrie before gettin hurt was manning him up...he only had one impactful game and got held in check.

Nilocon165
06-25-2016, 08:54 PM
Meltdown