PDA

View Full Version : Football (soccer) Hall of Fame

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:09 AM
I've read this article below and found crazy that soccer does not an official hall of fame.

Who would you chose as 15 inaugural inductees of a football hall of fame? Pele, Maradona and who else?

http://otaviopinto.com/index.php/2015/07/31/a-football-hall-of-fame-should-be-created-by-fifa/

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 10:15 AM
Puskas
Maldini
Raul
Zidane
Beckenbauer
Gerd M

GIF REACTION
08-01-2015, 10:17 AM
I think you should remove 'Football' From the title.

It's confusing.

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE=StephHamann]Puskas
Maldini
Raul
Zidane
Beckenbauer
Gerd M

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 10:19 AM
I think you should remove 'Football' From the title.

It's confusing.

http://amirariff.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/football_handegg.jpg

dont see why

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:22 AM
Alphabetical order:

Beckenbauer
Charlton
Cruyff
Didi
Di Stefano
Eusebio
Maradona
Pele
Platini
Puskas
Romario
Ronaldo
Van Basten
Zico
Zidane

Gr
08-01-2015, 10:26 AM
Pele
Ferenc Puskas
Alfredo Di Stefano
Johann Cruyff
Diego Maradona
Lothar Matth

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=Gr

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:31 AM
[QUOTE=StephHamann]Come on, Baggio has zero case over Gerd M

Mr Feeny
08-01-2015, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE=StephHamann]Puskas
Maldini
Raul
Zidane
Beckenbauer
Gerd M

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 10:33 AM
You're on severe drugs if you have Gerd Muller and Raul in there but not Messi. This is like making a top 15 list of NBA Players and forgetting MJ or Kareem. It's asinine beyond comprehension. Please never write again. Thx

No active players :no:

Gerd M

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:33 AM
You're on severe drugs if you have Gerd Muller and Raul in there but not Messi. This is like making a top 15 list of NBA Players and forgetting MJ or Kareem. It's asinine beyond comprehension. Please never write again. Thx

No active players in the Hall of Fame, man. Change Messi with Pele or write the same thing when Messi is retired for 5 years, and you are 100% right.

Mr Feeny
08-01-2015, 10:34 AM
You have 15 guys ahead of Pele (even Raul and Kahn!). Nothing more :facepalm than than. :lol

Now. What the heck Raul is doing on a top 15 list, I just don't know.
This must he BY A COMFORTABLE DISTANCE the worst list I've ever seen in my life :facepalm

Mr Feeny
08-01-2015, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=StephHamann]No active players :no:

Gerd M

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:37 AM
Now. What the heck Raul is doing on a top 15 list, I just don't know.
This must he BY A COMFORTABLE DISTANCE the worst list I've ever seen in my life :facepalm

And Socrates ahead of Pele? :lol Tell any brazilian that Socrates is top 5 in brazilian football and they will laugh at you.

Pele, Garrincha, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivelino, Zico, Didi, Nilton Santos, Carlos Alberto Torres, Jairzinho, Gerson, Tostao >>> Socrates

Mr Feeny
08-01-2015, 10:37 AM
[QUOTE=StephHamann]No active players :no:

Gerd M

Mr Feeny
08-01-2015, 10:38 AM
And Socrates ahead of Pele? :lol Tell any brazilian that Socrates is top 5 in brazilian football and they will laugh at you.

Pele, Garrincha, Romario, Ronaldo, Rivelino, Zico, Didi, Nilton Santos, Carlos Alberto Torres, Jairzinho, Gerson, Tostao >>> Socrates

Garrincha especially. Many Brazilians rate him higher than Pele. Pele never actually did much in 62, mind you. It was all Garrincha.

Gr
08-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Anyone who doesn't have Lothar Matth

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Ah! Didn't read that. My bad. Drop Khan and Raul and Eusebio though.

Not Eusebio IMO. Dude was like CR7, would be the best in the world in most eras, just had the misfortune of being in the same time as the GOAT, Pele (Messi in CR7's case).

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 10:39 AM

switch socrates with Pele, i wrote that list in like 2 minutes and thought i already had Pele in. :lol

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 10:41 AM
In your opinion who was the star of the team? Franz or Muller? Because 99% of football fans consider Beckz to have been the undisputed star of the team. Beyond goal scoring (in which admittedly he's elite at, and even better than C Ronaldo for example) what else does Muller do on a football pitch? He's too one dimensional to have on here in my view.

In my opinion they were like Xavi and Iniesta for Spain, the Co-Stars.

Breitner was the vocal leader though, dude inspired the whole team with his communist hippie spirit.

http://polpix.sueddeutsche.com/polopoly_fs/1.1139123.1355574051!/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/900x600/image.jpg

lakers_forever
Garrincha especially. Many Brazilians rate him higher than Pele. Pele never actually did much in 62, mind you. It was all Garrincha.

It was all Garrincha indeed. But it's a myth that many brazilians rate Garrincha higher than Pele. Only fanatic Botafogo fans would do that.

Biggest tv station in Brazil. Cool thing to chose you all time Brazil. Pele is easily ahead of everyone (CLICK on ESTATISTICAS DE ESCALA

NBAplayoffs2001
is Brazilian Ronaldo a hall of famer?

He had potential to be the GOAT without those knee injuries and weight issues.

Gr
08-01-2015, 10:42 AM
In your opinion who was the star of the team? Franz or Muller? Because 99% of football fans consider Beckz to have been the undisputed star of the team. Beyond goal scoring (in which admittedly he's elite at, and even better than C Ronaldo for example) what else does Muller do on a football pitch? He's too one dimensional to have on here in my view.

:facepalm Ignore list worthy.

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:44 AM
switch socrates with Pele, i wrote that list in like 2 minutes and thought i already had Pele in. :lol

:cheers:

lakers_forever
08-01-2015, 10:46 AM

Of course. He is in the GOAT CF discussion with Gerd Mueller, Van Basten and Ronaldo.

PS: Guys like Pele, Eusebio, Cruyff and Di Stefano were not really CF.

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 10:47 AM

Healthy Barcelona Ronaldo was probably the best player ever. Skillwise on Messi's level but his body was way superior.

Gr
08-01-2015, 10:47 AM
My real list would have more defensively minded players on there, but the offense-

dannywpt
08-01-2015, 10:54 AM
Pele
Maradona
Zidane
Messi
Ronaldo
C. Ronaldo
Cruyff
Eusebio
Di Stefano
Beckenbauer

dannywpt
08-01-2015, 10:55 AM
Healthy Barcelona Ronaldo was probably the best player ever. Skillwise on Messi's level but his body was way superior.

Yeah, no. He was amazing, but I think the nostalgia factor is a little too strong here.

GIF REACTION
08-01-2015, 11:01 AM
ᕦ( ͡

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 11:05 AM
Kahn stays

GOAT GK

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 11:27 AM
One guy that barely gets mentioned is Pippo Inzaghi, i hated that guy because he was so good.

Always destroyed german teams in international competition.

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 11:31 AM
One guy that barely gets mentioned is Pippo Inzaghi, i hated that guy because he was so good.

Always destroyed german teams in international competition.

Mother****er killed Bayern in 2007.. I had extremely high hopes after the 2-2 in Milan in the first leg :cry:

God I love(d) those 2005-2007 Bayern squads

alenleomessi
08-01-2015, 12:16 PM
do you guys think xavi makes that list of 15? he is pretty much retired

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 12:18 PM
do you guys think xavi makes that list of 15? he is pretty much retired

I would put him in there, probably my favourite eye test player of all time. I could jerk it to his passes all day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOT351TD6k

iamgine
08-01-2015, 01:35 PM
I wanna put Roberto Carlos somewhere in there

NBAplayoffs2001
08-01-2015, 03:43 PM

Still did well in the Italian league which I remember was absolutely stacked with world class defenders. The Spanish league is so top heavy in talent. It's like watching the Eastern conference of the NBA lol... only a few teams are legitimately title contenders while almost every year the West has at least 5 legit teams up until the last month or so when it comes down to about 3-4.

A few years ago when I was in Barcelona, they had an old match replayed at the hotel I was at. I believe I remember hearing Ronaldo's name a few times. Was barely paying attention though.

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 03:46 PM
Still did well in the Italian league which I remember was absolutely stacked with world class defenders. The Spanish league is so top heavy in talent. It's like watching the Eastern conference of the NBA lol... only a few teams are legitimately title contenders while almost every year the West has at least 5 legit teams up until the last month or so when it comes down to about 3-4.

A few years ago when I was in Barcelona, they had an old match replayed at the hotel I was at. I believe I remember hearing Ronaldo's name a few times. Was barely paying attention though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iXOMPo7cEI

Messiesque

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 06:16 PM
Was watching 2011 Ronaldo stuff and nearly cried.. I love him :cry: Gonna miss him so much... the GREATEST.

People now tend to forger or gloss over how significantly of a superior player Ronaldo was in 2013 and 2014 since Messi's TEAM did well in 2015. Messi had former Barca players come out and critique him, I think Cruyff made a suggestion of selling Messi... you'd look at the Barca forum, and anytime they went deep into the Champions League they were fed up with him, his lazy on pitch antics, theatrics, coaching troubles (rumours), and subpar big game play, which was the reason between him and Ronaldo, who delievered, time and time again....

This cannot be forgotten. Ronaldo was better from the start, right up until 2009, then Messi shined, got too many Ballon D'Ors, and Ronaldo, realistically, took over again and since 2012... it was infuriating seing Messi win that Ballon, since Ronaldo did just about everything right in the crucial matches, where as Messi flaundered... hell, people got upset and were confused at Messi finishing 2nd at the Ballon in 2013 over Ribery and 2014 over Neuer. In 2014 Neymar/Valdez looked most decisive to Barca.

Simply the title count can't/doesn't represent all this.. Ronaldo's historically was more so on the bad side of luck, with the 2010 League, 2012 Cup/CL/EURO's, 2013 Cup, 2014 League, 2015 League/CL.

knickballer
08-01-2015, 06:28 PM
No landon Donovan? SMH :facepalm

Trololololoollol

alenleomessi
08-01-2015, 06:43 PM
AW you seem like a nice kid but you are way off on your messi-cr topics..

stats might be close but you have to understand there are two things that separate messi and CR.. one is, messi is a natural god-like talent. second is, messi is a big game player.. he has dominated 95% of the big matches he played in ( so yeah feel free to mention the Copa, WC and that chelsea match as the 5%).. CR's choking abilities are well documented

and other thing, refer to him in another way because the only guy who has a place in this thread is the real Ronaldo. The thread isnt about active players

And stephhamann R9 had more strength but messi probably has the goat body control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0gS5CshUDE

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 07:01 PM

stats might be close but you have to understand there are two things that separate messi and CR.. one is, messi is a natural god-like talent. second is, messi is a big game player.. he has dominated 95% of the big matches he played in ( so yeah feel free to mention the Copa, WC and that chelsea match as the 5%).. CR's choking abilities are well documented

and other thing, refer to him in another way because the only guy who has a place in this thread is the real Ronaldo. The thread isnt about active players

And stephhamann R9 had more strength but messi probably has the goat body control

:kobe:

We can't call it that anymore... the 'fake' Ronaldo is now the superior of the 2.

Anyway, I'll look up other years, but I have 2013 for big games on me right now.

Big-matches

Ronaldo:

R16 Tie vs Manchester United - 2 matches, 2 goals
R8 Tie vs Galatasay Istanbul – 2 matches, 3 goals
R4 Tie vs Borussia Dortmund - 2 matches, 1 goal

CDR SF vs Barcelona - 2 matches, 2 goals (decides 2nd leg himself in a dominating win)
CDR Final vs Atl

StephHamann
08-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Just one fact that shows how superior Messi is.

Messi never shots freekicks in his first few seasons, one summer he said he only trained freekicks and he instantly becomes way better than "Mr. Western"

http://www.ronaldo7.net/gallery/game/26_01_2011/cx12.jpg

http://www.lionel-messi.co.uk/content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/2014/03/20140304-024022.jpg

alenleomessi
08-01-2015, 07:25 PM
AW, was 2013 really better than 2014? take away the complete disaster at the end of la liga and his pathetic CL final he had a great season.. the closest to messi he has ever gotten..

2012-2013 he had around the same number of goals as falcao until the very end iirc.. they needed ref help to get past a pathetic united team.. galatasaray big game? you dont see me mentioning messi's 5 goals against leverkusen as a big game.. because its not.. they were also huge favorites against dortmund.. CR got completely outshined by the likes of blaszczykowski

what happened in the CDR final i forgot.. oh yeah, they lost. in another match where they were huge favorites.. those game werent supposed to be even BIG.. so he disappeared and lost in games that werent even supposed to be big.. messi was injured during that whole knockout stage.. didnt even play that 2nd leg against bayern.. 60 goals that season.. not bad for his 'let me take a quick breath' season..

alenleomessi
08-01-2015, 07:28 PM

Messi never shots freekicks in his first few seasons, one summer he said he only trained freekicks and he instantly becomes way better than "Mr. Western"

http://www.lionel-messi.co.uk/content/uploads/wpcf7_captcha/2014/03/20140304-024022.jpg
I think the sad part is that he doesnt realize that he is a completely mediocre free kick taker.. James, Bale, Kroos should be taking all the free kicks.. Did you see that James goal the other day? CR has never scored anything close to that ever.. all of his free kicks are retard luck pure power or a gk/wall mistake

kNicKz
08-01-2015, 07:33 PM
I think the sad part is that he doesnt realize that he is a completely mediocre free kick taker.. James, Bale, Kroos should be taking all the free kicks.. Did you see that James goal the other day? CR has never scored anything close to that ever.. all of his free kicks are retard luck pure power or a gk/wall mistake

obsessed

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 08:21 PM

Messi started making free kicks in 2012, right (not just taking, but scoring)? Like 3? Ronaldo had like 7 FK goals that year. And he's shared some, too. Messi became a better set piece taker in 2014, but I don't think he's had too many since.

AW, was 2013 really better than 2014? take away the complete disaster at the end of la liga and his pathetic CL final he had a great season.. the closest to messi he has ever gotten..

2012-2013 he had around the same number of goals as falcao until the very end iirc.. they needed ref help to get past a pathetic united team.. galatasaray big game? you dont see me mentioning messi's 5 goals against leverkusen as a big game.. because its not.. they were also huge favorites against dortmund.. CR got completely outshined by the likes of blaszczykowski

what happened in the CDR final i forgot.. oh yeah, they lost. in another match where they were huge favorites.. those game werent supposed to be even BIG.. so he disappeared and lost in games that werent even supposed to be big.. messi was injured during that whole knockout stage.. didnt even play that 2nd leg against bayern.. 60 goals that season.. not bad for his 'let me take a quick breath' season..

2014 was the closest he's ever gotten to Messi is what you're saying in your first paragraph? Lol

Okay, I get you on the Gala/Leverkusen stuff.. who cares who was favorites in that CL SF? This is football, even in Basketball it makes little sense sometimes, but one man can impact little when 11 men are outplayed by 11 men.

Again in the CDR final, they lost as favorites, thanks, thats what I was getting at, Ronaldo did his part, but his team lost.

2014 was his 'let me take a breath' season. 2013 during the SF he was actually fit, lets be real about that, sat out because he didn't need another whopping, which many sensed was about to come again. It was a helpless situation, they were pretty much out of it already.

9erempiree
08-01-2015, 08:27 PM

You're the only one that brings up 'CR choking in big games'. I frequent many soccer sites and never hear of anyone making this argument. You seem to be the only one bringing up something that doesn't exist but only in your mind.

You can go check the stats and he has come through in many big games.

Also, there is no fake or real Ronaldo. We already know who is first and second and we also know Cristiano Ronaldo is the superior one of the two. Brazilian Ronaldo was great and transcended the game, every kid had a Ronaldo haircut back in the days but lets be honest here, Cristiano is the best of the two.

9erempiree
08-01-2015, 08:43 PM
:facepalm

So full of stupid.

9erempiree
08-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Messi started making free kicks in 2012, right (not just taking, but scoring)? Like 3? Ronaldo had like 7 FK goals that year. And he's shared some, too. Messi became a better set piece taker in 2014, but I don't think he's had too many since.

2014 was the closest he's ever gotten to Messi is what you're saying in your first paragraph? Lol

Okay, I get you on the Gala/Leverkusen stuff.. who cares who was favorites in that CL SF? This is football, even in Basketball it makes little sense sometimes, but one man can impact little when 11 men are outplayed by 11 men.

Again in the CDR final, they lost as favorites, thanks, thats what I was getting at, Ronaldo did his part, but his team lost.

2014 was his 'let me take a breath' season. 2013 during the SF he was actually fit, lets be real about that, sat out because he didn't need another whopping, which many sensed was about to come again. It was a helpless situation, they were pretty much out of it already.

Last year's version of CR was probably his best in his career. He led the league in goals and assists for a long ass time till he hit his slump. During the time when he was breaking up with Irina. He seemed to be lost.

The CL winning year he was beasting like crazy till his knee injury acted up.

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 08:50 PM
Last year's version of CR was probably his best in his career. He led the league in goals and assists for a long ass time till he hit his slump. During the time when he was breaking up with Irina. He seemed to be lost.

The CL winning year he was beasting like crazy till his knee injury acted up.

Last year? I have the hardest time depicting his peak... the hardest. From 2008, 2012, 2014... he had several different insane stretches, he was on some next level shit in the 2013 summer/2014 start, 2015 start...

For Messi its pretty easy with 2011.

9erempiree
08-01-2015, 09:01 PM
CR9 was great too.

That seems like the forgotten days.

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 09:06 PM
CR9 was great too.

That seems like the forgotten days.

Yeah, his dribbling was actually still very on point.. and his start to the season, with all the pressure, was magnificent... robbed off the league title.

alenleomessi
08-01-2015, 09:26 PM
Since that chelsea match where he missed the penalty he has been bellow his god-like standards.. started 2014-2015 a bit slow as well but from january to june it was the best 6 months he ever had hands down.. more complete player than the one in 2011.. doesnt need xavi and iniesta anymore

and you should get your facts straight if you wanna discuss this topic

he was playing injured that whole spring..

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000349/match=2009602/postmatch/lineups/index.html

scored and got injured, came off at the half.. psg almost won the game

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000349/match=2009604/postmatch/lineups/index.html

psg are leading, barca need a goal to go through.. an injured messi has to come in.. he comes in, they score.. he is pretty much screwed for the buyern matchup.. sacrifice.. meanwhile, CR is enjoying a rest on the bench against dortmund while his team gets manhandled (in 2014 though, if it wasnt for chokitariyan they never make the final)

9erempiree
08-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Lets not forget 13/14 Messi. Struggled immensely during the season. Had games where the goalkeeper covered more kilometers than him. It was like a stroll in the park and I don't mean it as a good thing.

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 09:33 PM
Since that chelsea match where he missed the penalty he has been bellow his god-like standards.. started 2014-2015 a bit slow as well but from january to june it was the best 6 months he ever had hands down.. more complete player than the one in 2011.. doesnt need xavi and iniesta anymore

and you should get your facts straight if you wanna discuss this topic

he was playing injured that whole spring..

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000349/match=2009602/postmatch/lineups/index.html

scored and got injured, came off at the half.. psg almost won the game

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/round=2000349/match=2009604/postmatch/lineups/index.html

psg are leading, barca need a goal to go through.. an injured messi has to come in.. he comes in, they score.. he is pretty much screwed for the buyern matchup.. sacrifice.. meanwhile, CR is enjoying a rest on the bench against dortmund while his team gets manhandled (in 2014 though, if it wasnt for chokitariyan they never make the final)

very bad comparison, Madrid looked to be trough, and they looked hopeless without Ronaldo.. complete contrast to with him. What is this supposed to prove? lol. Nothing negative for him, believe that. Even if Mikyatawhatever makes that goal, its still going extra time.

As for Messi's "injury", he played league games between the legs lol, and, get this, his great solo goal against Bilbao came before the 2nd leg aswell.. so the injury excuses are bullshit.

9erempiree
08-01-2015, 09:34 PM
very bad comparison, Madrid looked to be trough, and they looked hopeless without Ronaldo.. complete contrast to with him. What is this supposed to prove? lol. Nothing negative for him, believe that. Even if Mikyatawhatever makes that goal, its still going extra time.

As for Messi's "injury", he played league games between the legs lol, and, get this, his great solo goal against Bilbao came before the 2nd leg aswell.. so the injury excuses are bullshit.

That's his retarded logic though.

9erempiree
08-01-2015, 09:35 PM
No landon Donovan? SMH :facepalm

Trololololoollol

Definitely should be on there.

alenleomessi
08-01-2015, 09:45 PM

Ok bro you win. CR had the goat season even though that led him to ZERO titles with a supporting cast of iker, ramos, pepe, marcelo, xabi, modric, dimaria, ozil, benzema.. poor guy.. equivalent of lebron's 2007 cast

ArbitraryWater
08-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Ok bro you win. CR had the goat season even though that led him to ZERO titles with a supporting cast of iker, ramos, pepe, marcelo, xabi, modric, dimaria, ozil, benzema.. poor guy.. equivalent of lebron's 2007 cast

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/MaleRuler/GIFs/7VskSiz_zpskyoyt5s5.gif (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/MaleRuler/media/GIFs/7VskSiz_zpskyoyt5s5.gif.html)

Might aswell list the same star names from the Argentine team.. you know better.

9erempiree
08-01-2015, 10:03 PM

In which he did eventually win.

Please not act like Adm was a superstar. The jury is still out on him and ozil.

Look at where these guys are at post-madrid.

TheMan
08-01-2015, 11:28 PM
After the initial 15, here are a few others...

Carles Puyol
Enzo Francescoli
Gabriel Batistuta
Ronaldinho
Figo
Hugo Sanchez
Mario Kempes
Patrick Kluivert
La Brujita Veron
Jurgen Klinsmann
Gianluiggi Buffon
Teofilo Cubillas
Ruud Gullit
Karl Hienz Rummenigge
Marco Van Basten

zizozain
08-02-2015, 01:12 AM
After the initial 15, here are a few others...

Carles Puyol
Enzo Francescoli
Gabriel Batistuta
Ronaldinho
Figo
Hugo Sanchez
Mario Kempes
Patrick Kluivert
La Brujita Veron
Jurgen Klinsmann
Gianluiggi Buffon
Teofilo Cubillas
Ruud Gullit
Karl Hienz Rummenigge
Marco Van Basten
Franco Baresi

Daniel Passarella

alenleomessi
08-02-2015, 03:55 AM
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah306/MaleRuler/GIFs/7VskSiz_zpskyoyt5s5.gif (http://s1383.photobucket.com/user/MaleRuler/media/GIFs/7VskSiz_zpskyoyt5s5.gif.html)

Might aswell list the same star names from the Argentine team.. you know better.
you are out of arguments so you are gonna add the national resume now? its not helping much bro.. CR's record has been pathetic for portugal after deco and maniche, the real leaders of portugal retired. his WC was as pathetic as hazards.. he was injured? i thought we didnt care about injuries.

ArbitraryWater
08-02-2015, 07:21 AM
you are out of arguments so you are gonna add the national resume now? its not helping much bro.. CR's record has been pathetic for portugal after deco and maniche, the real leaders of portugal retired. his WC was as pathetic as hazards.. he was injured? i thought we didnt care about injuries.

:biggums:

Have you missed the point that badly?

You went on listing a bunch of names, many who've done nothing without Madrid, so I reminded you of the fact that Argentina has a bunch of star names, but as you've said in the past, their performance didn't always reflect that... capiche?

Mr Feeny
08-02-2015, 07:39 AM

In which he did eventually win.

Please not act like Adm was a superstar. The jury is still out on him and ozil.

Look at where these guys are at post-madrid.

Put the cracks down. Di Maria is not just a superstar. He's an elite superstar. A genuine game changer who was Madrid's best player in Champions League final against Atletico. Go put on some old Kobe tape and keep yourself occupied with that. You have no business talking about football.

Mr Feeny
08-02-2015, 07:43 AM
You're the only one that brings up 'CR choking in big games'. I frequent many soccer sites and never hear of anyone making this argument. You seem to be the only one bringing up something that doesn't exist but only in your mind.

You can go check the stats and he has come through in many big games.

Also, there is no fake or real Ronaldo. We already know who is first and second and we also know Cristiano Ronaldo is the superior one of the two. Brazilian Ronaldo was great and transcended the game, every kid had a Ronaldo haircut back in the days but lets be honest here, Cristiano is the best of the two.

Err....no. That's the general consensus around football fans. You're welcome to poll the Shed End, Arsenal-Mania, Blue moon, RAWK, or even Red Cafe (in which 80 percent consider Messi to be leagues above Ronaldo and bemoan the very fact which you're contesting, that he disappears in big games).
Either do research or stop talking. Pay a visit to any fan forum. In fact, visit 20 and poll them and come back here and post the results. Madrid fans themselves consider him a professional choke artist. If you don't want to believe that, it's fine but it's the same delusion you have with Kobe and his perception as a selfish team cancer shot jacking low IQ selfish basketball player.

It's the general consensus for a reason.

alenleomessi
08-02-2015, 07:46 AM
:biggums:

Have you missed the point that badly?

You went on listing a bunch of names, many who've done nothing without Madrid, so I reminded you of the fact that Argentina has a bunch of star names, but as you've said in the past, their performance didn't always reflect that... capiche?
so you are comparing messi's subpar career for argentina to CR's club career at Real? yes they are comparable

how many seasons has CR been at real so far? 7? one CL and one la liga.. dont care how many he scored.. thats pretty poor for a club that spends 200mil every summer.. and yes, its CR's fault too.. he is like kobe in a sense that players dont really like to play alongside him.. whats your excuse for not winning anything last season? they had bale/isco coming from the bench ffs

Mr Feeny
08-02-2015, 07:50 AM

As for Messi's "injury", he played league games between the legs lol, and, get this, his great solo goal against Bilbao came before the 2nd leg aswell.. so the injury excuses are bullshit.It's simple enough. Fans of all teams, PSG included accept and know the Messi was injured. He could barely walk during that second leg against PSG.
And to have a Nadal fan putting quotation marks around "injuries" is so hilarious ill have to spit my drink out. The difference between Rafa and Messi here is that the general consensus indicates he was injured while ij Rafa's case, an entire stadium of 20,000 people openly booed him for faking an injury during the A.O. final AGAINST Wawrinka.
Yet we have Rafa fanboys telling us that 20,000 people have no idea what they're talking about and that Rafa was injured, and that football fans around the globe have no idea what they're on about when they think that Messi was injured and said Rafa fans know for a fact that Messi in fact was not injured.
I usually agree with you on basketball matters. This hipocrasy here is just funny. It might be by far the dumbest point u've ever made on this forum thus far, and it's a shame because some of us actually rated you as a poster.
If you want to take a position, stick with it and be consistent. Don't flip flop depending on which individual You're fanboying.

Mr Feeny
08-02-2015, 07:52 AM
so you are comparing messi's subpar career for argentina to CR's club career at Real? yes they are comparable

how many seasons has CR been at real so far? 7? one CL and one la liga.. dont care how many he scored.. thats pretty poor for a club that spends 200mil every summer.. and yes, its CR's fault too.. he is like kobe in a sense that players dont really like to play alongside him.. whats your excuse for not winning anything last season? they had bale/isco coming from the bench ffs

Exactly this, and I'm not a fan of either. Christiano went missing in several of the biggest games that could have swung each of the past 5 seasons his team's direction. Scoring tap-ins doesn't make you a footballing great of the ilk of Messi, Maradona and Cruyff. It makes you a poor man's Gerd Muller. Not an insult by any means, but that's all Ronaldo is.

ArbitraryWater
08-02-2015, 08:30 AM

why does one need an excuse? Team totally broke in at one point.. Messi been playing for a dream team since 2006 :biggums:

And no, I did not compare Messi's argentina career to Ronaldo's Madrid one.. honestly baffled you'd think that.

Been 6 years at RM, robbed off the 2014 league, 2010 too.

You may remember Barca's 1-0 win over Espanyol, a penalty by Ibra from a Xabi dive.. or the draw against Almeria, coming off a free kick which was an offensive foul by Ibra.. a season that was decided on the last day, both teams 1 point apart.

You need to rely on club stats, individually Ronaldo's been better since 2012, in big games too.

ArbitraryWater
08-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Exactly this, and I'm not a fan of either. Christiano went missing in several of the biggest games that could have swung each of the past 5 seasons his team's direction. Scoring tap-ins doesn't make you a footballing great of the ilk of Messi, Maradona and Cruyff. It makes you a poor man's Gerd Muller. Not an insult by any means, but that's all Ronaldo is.

You're clearly not qualified for this discussion.. your hatred for guys like Ronaldo, Kobe, Nadal, etc. I'm guessing you have plenty more of these habits with other athletes from different sports doesn't allow you to be rational :lol At least I can see Messi is a top 5 GOAT.

your love for Messi doesn't help. "He could barely walk against PSG" which was what, a ****ing month before the 2nd leg against Bayern :biggums:

Thats just some dumbass shit to say, bro.. no hard feelings

edit: I'm actually confused right now.. just read your other post and you're back on Rafa, telling me to be consistent? consistent with what logic? We're talking about completely isolated incidents, hell, from different sports... and you've become the spokes person for thousands people worldwide it seems, of different groups, too... grow up Feeny. This will be my last reply for your sorry, overreacting dramatic ass.

Mr Feeny
08-02-2015, 08:54 AM
You're clearly not qualified for this discussion.. your hatred for guys like Ronaldo, Kobe, Nadal, etc. I'm guessing you have plenty more of these habits with other athletes from different sports doesn't allow you to be rational :lol At least I can see Messi is a top 5 GOAT.

your love for Messi doesn't help. "He could barely walk against PSG" which was what, a ****ing month before the 2nd leg against Bayern :biggums:

Thats just some dumbass shit to say, br
o.. no hard feelings

edit: I'm actually confused right now.. just read your other post and you're back on Rafa, telling me to be consistent? consistent with what logic? We're talking about completely isolated incidents, hell, from different sports... and you've become the spokes person for thousands people worldwide it seems, of different groups, too... grow up Feeny. This will be my last reply for your sorry, overreacting dramatic ass.

You're completely clueless aren't you? Do you know ANYTHING about football? You have to accept that Messi is a top 5 GOAT because the majority of fans across the world have him as a top 2 all time, and many believe he is the GOAT outright. It's the general consensus.

On the other hand, very few people believe that C Ronaldo as anywhere near being a top 5 player all time.

You talking about Kobe hate now:oldlol: Hipocrasy hand in hand with stupidity I see.

And yes, Messi could barely walk. If most pundits across the globe openly stated the same thing, I guess most analysts "are in love" with Messi for some reason and in no way are reporting what they're eyes tell them , which is that the Messi barely seemed to be able to move.
We can do this all day. I actually thought you might have had a clue what you're talking about but after reading several reponses it's like debating a child.

Keep coming at me, kid. This is cute

Gr
08-02-2015, 09:23 AM
You're completely clueless aren't you? Do you know ANYTHING about football? You have to accept that Messi is a top 5 GOAT because the majority of fans across the world have him as a top 2 all time, and many believe he is the GOAT outright. It's the general consensus.

Appeal to majority fallacy.

Mr Feeny
08-02-2015, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Gr

Gr
08-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Nope. Not quite.

People say he's a top 5 player of all time therefore he is a top 5 player of all time.

Textbook argumentum ad populum.

ArbitraryWater
08-02-2015, 10:10 AM
[QUOTE=Gr