PDA

View Full Version : Do you eat hakka/ramen noodles?

bladefd
08-03-2015, 07:59 PM
What noodles do YOU eat?

I know there are tons of chinese hakka noodles out there, but most contain MSG. Many even contain high levels of lead that are dangerous to your health. There was a huge ban recently in India of hakka noodles that contained high levels of MSG/lead.

I used to eat Ching's chinese hakka noodles from local Chinese store and also Maggi from local Indian store. Both very tasty, but both were banned in India because they found that it had high levels of MSG/lead. I stopped eating it since.

Are there any that are safe health-wise? I like hakka noodles too much to never eat them again, but I sure as hell am not ingesting lead. :lol

Draz
08-03-2015, 08:06 PM
Do people go out of their way to eat noodles? I think I eat noodles once every few years

gigantes
08-03-2015, 08:58 PM
I know there are tons of chinese hakka noodles out there, but most contain MSG.
MSG in normal quantities is not a problem unless you're specifically allergic to it. don't get worried over nothing.

i've read that the unhealthiest part of noodle packets is in the flavor additive, which contain a lot of salt and preservatives among other things. that's really the thing to beware of unless you're buying fresh-made noodles of course.

if you like noodles you should try making them yourself-- it's surprisingly simple, and you can control exactly what goes in to them. go to youtube and watch a video of how to make chinese noodles using the 'fold and stretch' method.

bigkingsfan
08-03-2015, 09:00 PM
Chinese don't know how to make a good noodle.

gigantes
08-03-2015, 10:14 PM
Chinese don't know how to make a good noodle.
well, they only invented noodles. go figure.

Kungfro
08-03-2015, 10:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3oPzCtq.jpg

oarabbus
08-04-2015, 03:16 AM
MSG is delicious and not bad for you unless you are hypersensitive to it

Nick Young
08-04-2015, 03:23 AM
well, they only invented noodles. go figure.
China invented a lot of things that they do poorly compared to other countries.