PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Arenas Say's LeBron will never Be On Kobe's Or Jordan's Level

branslowski
08-04-2015, 07:33 PM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/07/gilbert-arenas-reveals-why-lebron-james-will-never-be-michael-jordan-kobe-bryant

[QUOTE]"His first 2 steps aren't very powerful so this hurt him on isos and the ability to blow pass (sic) players from standstill position.

"James isn't a #1 option

outbreak
08-04-2015, 07:37 PM
Holy shit I think I just invented time travel

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
08-04-2015, 07:38 PM
Big Agent Zero fan but lol @ him going right to iso ability.

In his prime tho Gilbert was easily one of the best pullup and mano a mano players ive seen. He just had so many ways to come at u, stick u, drive and shoot. Specially wit dat pullup 28 just poppin nikkas

9erempiree
08-04-2015, 07:43 PM
Water is wet.

SpaceJammeR
08-04-2015, 07:48 PM
basketball is a team game. he also said that lebron can be goat if he wanted to.

"This man could be the second best 3rd for sure player to ever play when it's all said and done around 2020+," he wrote, "and he didn't even tap into his ability to be GREATEST.."

3rd for sure?? and he didn't even tap into his ability yet... scary

9erempiree
08-04-2015, 07:50 PM
basketball is a team game. he also said that lebron can be goat if he wanted to.

Basically he can't.

Are you telling me Lebron doesn't want to be GOAT?

Anyone can be anything if they put their mind to it.:lol

Nash
08-04-2015, 07:57 PM
oh pls :lol :lol

actually he said Lebron could be the 2nd or 3rd best player in nba history.

Hey Yo
08-04-2015, 08:14 PM
Gilbert also used the non-term "double headed sword" during a live interview.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-04-2015, 08:17 PM
The same Arenas who brought guns into an NBA locker room? Think I'll pass on whatever he has to say.

LeBron and Kobe are at the VERY least the same class/tier of player.

ArbitraryWater
08-04-2015, 08:20 PM
Go on Arena's IG, look at the whole post, thanks...

he said Bron is a Player that comes around once every blue moon, thinks of him as 2nd or 3rd best Player ever..meanwhile, listed a bunch of reasons why KB can't touch MJ, wonder why you didn't post all that here.

Megabox!
08-04-2015, 08:23 PM
OP showing that low IQ of his again

Lebron23
08-04-2015, 08:24 PM
OP showing that low IQ of his again

He's always been a terrible poster.

knicksman
08-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Lol at lacking selfishness. More like hes not confident coz his skills are just for 1st qtrs/fastbreak/garbage time. Thats why he needs a proven player(wade)

gilalizard
08-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Honestly, as sorta correct as Arenas is here, I've got to say it's likely just luck. The guy is a ****ing chowderhead.

AnaheimLakers24
08-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Lebron has a small dick

stalkerforlife
08-04-2015, 10:42 PM
Just look at the one on one ISO percentages.

Young X
08-04-2015, 10:43 PM
People need to stop putting Kobe on MJ's level like they're close or something.

SouBeachTalents
08-04-2015, 10:44 PM

Kobe is MUCH closer to LeBron all time than Jordan, and vice versa

PJR
08-04-2015, 10:50 PM

Lol this.

And Arenas is a known idiot. I use to throughly enjoy when Wade use to fry that niqqa every game.

Young X
08-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Kobe is MUCH closer to LeBron all time than Jordan, and vice versaExactly.

idk how Kobe just leapfrogged all those greats like KAJ, Magic, Bird, Shaq and got to MJ.

Kobe never dominated the league on the same level as Jordan and has nowhere near the amount of legendary games, moments, and playoff runs as him. Nor did he do what Jordan did for the game impact wise.

I'm tired of seeing Kobe lumped with Jordan like they're peers or something. Stop f*cking putting them on the same level.

stalkerforlife
08-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Kobe is Jordan's peer. Fact is, they played in different eras and the variable circumstances have to be accounted for. You can't honestly sit down and watch tapes of both players and definitively say one of them is not in the discussion with the other. Period.

Kobe is THAT good. Jordan was better, but he's certainly not above being compared to Kobe.

stalkerforlife
08-04-2015, 11:01 PM
Exactly.

idk how Kobe just leapfrogged all those greats like KAJ, Magic, Bird, Shaq and got to MJ.

Kobe never dominated the league on the same level as Jordan and has nowhere near the amount of legendary games, moments, and playoff runs as him. Nor did he do what Jordan did for the game impact wise.

I'm tired of seeing Kobe lumped with Jordan like they're peers or something. Stop f*cking putting them on the same level.

By playing basketball? He's better all time than Bird, Magic, and Shaq. Please be serious.

plowking
08-04-2015, 11:13 PM
By playing basketball? He's better all time than Bird, Magic, and Shaq. Please be serious.

Out of the players you mentioned, he is only better than Magic.

The other two he never surpassed as a player.

branslowski
08-04-2015, 11:16 PM

Kobe's also greater than Bird. Please don't make me pull the facts out.

ShawkFactory
08-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Kobe is Jordan's peer. Fact is, they played in different eras and the variable circumstances have to be accounted for. You can't honestly sit down and watch tapes of both players and definitively say one of them is not in the discussion with the other. Period.

Kobe is THAT good. Jordan was better, but he's certainly not above being compared to Kobe.
And Lebron, as much as it may pain you, is good enough to be talked about with Kobe as well. Different player...also THAT good.

Seriously. Without trolling, Bron from 09-13 is ABSOLUTELY on that level. You can't get out of character but you know it's true :lol

ShawkFactory
08-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Kobe's also greater than Bird. Please don't make me pull the facts out.
:rolleyes:

branslowski
08-04-2015, 11:32 PM
:rolleyes:

:kobe:

Kobe more Titles, avg more ppg and ast than Bird...Kills Bird in All-NBA and All-Defensive First Team, More All-Star App, More All-Time Playoff points, assist, and steals. Kobe better offensively and defensively.

Same amount of Finals MVP's

Bird just has more MVP's and rebounds better

I honestly don't see how you can even say Bird>Kobe with a straight face, cause there's no facts behind that.

I could of posted those numbers flat out for you, but do your own research, my lady tryna watch season 7 of Dexter with me on Netflix rightnow. Takecare

stalkerforlife
08-04-2015, 11:42 PM

Kobe would wipe the floor with Bird on both ends. Why not be real? Bird could not stop Kobe if his life depended on it.

And Kobe dispelled the Shaq myth long ago. That ship has sailed.

ShawkFactory
08-04-2015, 11:43 PM
:kobe:

Kobe more Titles, avg more ppg and ast than Bird...Kills Bird in All-NBA and All-Defensive First Team, More All-Star App, More All-Time Playoff points, assist, and steals. Kobe better offensively and defensively.

Same amount of Finals MVP's

Bird just has more MVP's and rebounds better

I honestly don't see how you can even say Bird>Kobe with a straight face, cause there's no facts behind that.

I could of posted those numbers flat out for you, but do your own research, my lady tryna watch season 7 of Dexter with me on Netflix rightnow. Takecare
If your facts are total number of all-NBA teams and pure bulk numbers then I'm not even going to remotely get into this argument with you.

Btw, even if Kobe DID average more assists than Bird (which he didn't...), Bird is quite clearly the better passer between the two of them.

Not that it really matters this discussion of course but for anyone else who is interested: Bird averaged 25.9 points and 8.2 assists per game in the 1986 playoff run...with a 23.3 USG%! That shit is CRAZY. Basically means that pretty much every time he touched the ball...something good happened. And that doesn't include the things that he did that don't show up on the stat sheet.

And season 7 is dope. My third favorite behind 1 and 4.

stalkerforlife
08-04-2015, 11:43 PM
And Lebron, as much as it may pain you, is good enough to be talked about with Kobe as well. Different player...also THAT good.

Seriously. Without trolling, Bron from 09-13 is ABSOLUTELY on that level. You can't get out of character but you know it's true :lol

Bran, with the help of the league, is indeed in that discussion.

ShawkFactory
08-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Bran, with the help of the league, is indeed in that discussion.
Aw shucks

3ball
08-05-2015, 12:04 AM
Without trolling, Bron from 09-13 is ABSOLUTELY on that level.

Horseshit - 2009 and 2010 gave us our first indication that Lebron-ball was suboptimal and not a winning style - he couldn't even make the Finals for two straight seasons despite being the favorite and 1 seed (2009 and 2010)..

And don't even THINK about saying he didn't have any help - this is disproven by the stats - the Cavs supporting cast provided enough help on top of Lebron's 28/8/7/49 to win 66 games, whereas the 1989 Bulls only provided enough help on top of MJ's 33/8/8/54 to win 47 games.. As usual, no comparison - Lebron simply had a multiple 60-win teams that failed in the playoffs and underperformed drastically.

The reality is that Lebron-ball is suboptimal and was never going to win a ring unless he team-hopped to play with Clyde Drexler and Shawn Kemp... Er, I mean Wade and Bosh...

In 2011, he played with the most talented Big 3 of all time, and he flat-out sucked - he wasn't even the best player on his own team and had the biggest choke in the history of basketball.. So don't overrate his career like most people - it's not being smart.

ShawkFactory
08-05-2015, 12:06 AM
Horseshit - 2009 and 2010 gave us our first indication that Lebron-ball was suboptimal and not a winning style - he couldn't even make the Finals for two straight seasons despite being the favorite and 1 seed (2009 and 2010)..

And don't even THINK about saying he didn't have any help - this is disproven by the stats - the Cavs supporting cast provided enough help ON TOP of Lebron's 28/8/7/49 to win 66 games, whereas the 1989 Bulls only provided enough help on top of MJ's 33/8/8/54 to win 47 games.. As usual, no comparison - Lebron simply had a multiple 60-win teams that failed in the playoffs and underperformed drastically.

The reality is that Lebron-ball is suboptimal and was never going to win a ring unless he team-hopped to play with Clyde Drexler and Shawn Kemp... Er, I mean Wade and Bosh...

In 2011, he played with the most talented Big 3 of all time, and he flat-out sucked - he wasn't even the best player on his own team and had the biggest choke in the history of basketball.. So don't overrate his career like most people - it's not being smart.
Ho hum

3ball
08-05-2015, 12:27 AM
No Mas
fixed

Rocketswin2013
08-05-2015, 12:32 AM
The same Arenas who brought guns into an NBA locker room? Think I'll pass on whatever he has to say.

LeBron and Kobe are at the VERY least the same class/tier of player.
Laughed out-loud.

Mr Feeny
08-05-2015, 12:36 AM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/07/gilbert-arenas-reveals-why-lebron-james-will-never-be-michael-jordan-kobe-bryant

Actually said that a 36 year old Jordan is better than prime Kobe. And that Lebron actually has a chance to challenge Jordan for GOAThood or at the very least end up top 3 all time.

Mr Feeny
08-05-2015, 12:37 AM
Laughed out-loud.Kobe is about 10 tiers below MJ. I was laughing too, reading that:lol

Droid101
08-05-2015, 12:39 AM
Kobe consensus top 10. Stay mad.

3ball
08-05-2015, 12:44 AM
Actually said that a 36 year old Jordan is better than prime Kobe. And that Lebron actually has a chance to challenge Jordan for GOAThood or at the very least end up top 3 all time.
show me where he said this.. sounds like you made that up

he said lebron hasn't tapped into his ability to be the greatest.. of course, this makes zero sense and is just hyperbole to compensate for knocking Lebron's game earlier in his post..

he never said Lebron has a chance to challenge MJ for goat.. he said Lebron has NO chance to match MJ and MJ's the GOAT .. That's what his post actually said

Rocketswin2013
08-05-2015, 12:50 AM

And don't even THINK about saying he didn't have any help - this is disproven by the stats - the Cavs supporting cast provided enough help on top of Lebron's 28/8/7/49 to win 66 games, whereas the 1989 Bulls only provided enough help on top of MJ's 33/8/8/54 to win 47 games.. As usual, no comparison - Lebron simply had a multiple 60-win teams that failed in the playoffs and underperformed drastically.

You are actually ****ing stupid if you think the Cavs won so many games in 2009 and 2010 because the team was great outside of LeBron. You also need to stop using 28/8/7 as if it were some measly statline. James went out and got that playing at early 2000's playoff game pace.

Not like Jordan playing for stats at the detriment of the offense in a fastbreak league in 1989. How you can even be delusional enough to keep mentioning such an exposed, known, empty stats season says a lot.

When on the court his team was also ATG level in terms of offensive efficiency. LeBron-ball rivaled peak Nash Suns and the Showtime Lakers in terms of effectiveness when he was in the court. The only reason they even lost against Orlando in 2009 I'd because of how they were d-league level without him on the court.

I didn't even read the rest of your regurgitated garbage, but I skimmed it, and I've seen you spam that, "2009 & 2010 LeBron, suboptimal offensive play, I'm a Jordan c0clsucker and a pretentious pseudo-intellectual" shit too many times.

warriorfan
08-05-2015, 12:56 AM
LeBron had help in 2009 and 2010. He had no business losing to a Jameer Nelsonless Orlando team in 2009. Best player was Dwight....second best player was Ra$hard Lewis. :oldlol:

3ball
08-05-2015, 01:08 AM
Your also need to stop using 28/8/7 as if it were some measly statline. James went out and got that playing at early 2000's playoff game pace.

MJ's stats are still better after accounting for pace.

Accept the cold hard facts - Lebron's 2009 supporting cast added enough help on top of his 28/8/7 to win 66 games in 2009, while MJ's 1989 Bulls only added enough help on top of his 33/8/8 to win 47 games..

Lebron's cast provided had 60+ win help, while MJ's cast only provided 47-win help - those are the facts - they're not refutable.. 2+2=4.

LeBron-ball rivaled peak Nash Suns in terms of effectiveness when he was in the court.

Yes, I agree - Lebron-ball was on that peak-Nash level: suboptimal as **** and a losing style of play in the playoffs..

That's why he lost as the favorite and 1 seed in 2009 and 2010 - Lebron/Nash-ball is suboptimal and NOT CAPABLE of winning at a high level in the playoffs.

Face it - Lebron is a Karl Malone-level player, except he team-hopped while in his prime to play with the league's best talent.. Otherwise, he'd be ringless like Karl.

The only reason they even lost in 2009 is because they were d-league without him on the court.

EVERY team is much worse without their star player on the court - so this argument is meaningless.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
08-05-2015, 01:16 AM
Laughed out-loud.

What's so funny?

They're both typically ranked at the back end of the top 10.

Rocketswin2013
08-05-2015, 01:24 AM
What's so funny?

They're both typically ranked at the back end of the top 10.
Doesn't mean it's for a good reason.

Droid101
08-05-2015, 01:25 AM
feeny is a liar and a fraud. no surprises in this thread.

ShawkFactory
08-05-2015, 01:30 AM
fixed
If that comforts you then yes.

I like to make people happy. It makes ME happy.

I could start arguing something..but we both know that would be pointless, don't we? (winkie face)

3ball
08-05-2015, 01:53 AM
I like to make people happy. It makes ME happy.

Nah, you're just scared of this:

In 2009, Lebron's 28/8/7 + supporting cast = 66 wins... Compare to the 1989 Bulls, where MJ's 33/8/8 + supporting cast = 47 wins..

So algebra proves that Lebron's cast was vastly superior... He had legit 60-win supporting casts that were the favorite and lost in the playoffs TWICE as the 1 seed (so no flukey, just suckey).

And the 2011 season VERIFIED that 2009 and 2010 were choke jobs that resulted from Lebron-ball's suboptimal style.. Lebron played with the most talented Big 3 of all time in 2011 (prime Wade and Bosh) but couldn't win the championship against a far less talented team - he wasn't even the best player on his own team and had the biggest choke in the history of basketball..

So don't overrate his career like most people - it's not being smart - he underachieved every year from 2009-2011.

bizil
08-05-2015, 01:56 AM
For starters, Lebron is a completely different player than Kobe and MJ. All three guys are great at virtually every facet of basketball (scoring, passing, rebounding, defense) for their positions. BUT MJ and Kobe do it from a score first perspective. Bron does it from a pass first perspective. MJ and Kobe have two of the top ten scoring skillsets of all time. Bron's scoring skillset isn't as varied.

But he STILL has the 4th highest scoring average in NBA history!! And he's the most versatile player of all time. So are MJ and Kobe better alpha dogs than Bron, YES! Is Lebron still an alpha dog caliber player, YES! Can MJ and Kobe match Lebron's versatility, NO!

When u break it down like that, u see the uniqueness in Lebron's game. Stylistically, the players Lebron is most similar to are Magic, Big O, G Hill, and Pippen. In open court he reminds me of Dr. J BUT has the body of Karl Malone. SICK SHIT!!

ShawkFactory
08-05-2015, 02:03 AM

In 2009, Lebron's 28/8/7 + supporting cast = 66 wins... Compare to the 1989 Bulls, where MJ's 33/8/8 + supporting cast = 47 wins..

So algebra proves that Lebron's cast was vastly superior... He had legit 60-win supporting casts that were the favorite and lost in the playoffs TWICE as the 1 seed (so no flukey, just suckey).

And the 2011 season VERIFIED that 2009 and 2010 were choke jobs that resulted from Lebron-ball's suboptimal style.. Lebron played with the most talented Big 3 of all time in 2011 (prime Wade and Bosh) but couldn't win the championship against a far less talented team - he wasn't even the best player on his own team and had the biggest choke in the history of basketball..

So don't overrate his career like most people - it's not being smart - he underachieved every year from 2009-2011.
Nah I'm not scared. You can trust me on that :lol

3ball
08-05-2015, 02:21 AM
Bron's scoring skillset isn't as varied.

He's the most versatile player of all time.

^^^^^ oxymoron.

Lebron is only elite in a point guard role - people don't take this seriously enough - if you told Lebron "hey lebron, you aren't allowed to use any live dribbles next game", he would have a horrible game - he wouldn't be nearly as good if he couldn't be the primary ballhandler.

Otoh, MJ and Kobe could still get 50 - certainly with MJ, he had 50 point games where he used little or no live dribbles... These guys had far superior scoring versatility and weren't just elite as the primary ballhandler - they were elite in ALL areas, including post, mid-range, on-ball and off-ball.

Can MJ and Kobe match Lebron's versatility, NO!

MJ and Kobe had far greater scoring versatility - their elite ability in ALL scoring areas was needed so they could play in whatever fashion enabled the best team chemistry..

Their ability to mix it up gave their team more capacity to overcome a wider range of opponent strategies and avoid being predictable/exploitable themselves (otoh, Lebron one-dimensional offensive attack has gotten him exploited on many occasion).

Mr Feeny
08-05-2015, 03:16 AM
I am obsessed with Feeny.

Fixed :applause:

imnew09
08-05-2015, 03:43 AM
When Arena said something bad about Kobe yall Lebeta dikrisers were all on his d*** and now yall saying hes trash:lol :roll:

Take this fken L 2/7

Lakers Legend#32
08-05-2015, 03:44 AM
Is Arenas still alive?

knicksman
08-05-2015, 04:09 AM
For starters, Lebron is a completely different player than Kobe and MJ. All three guys are great at virtually every facet of basketball (scoring, passing, rebounding, defense) for their positions. BUT MJ and Kobe do it from a score first perspective. Bron does it from a pass first perspective. MJ and Kobe have two of the top ten scoring skillsets of all time. Bron's scoring skillset isn't as varied.

But he STILL has the 4th highest scoring average in NBA history!! And he's the most versatile player of all time. So are MJ and Kobe better alpha dogs than Bron, YES! Is Lebron still an alpha dog caliber player, YES! Can MJ and Kobe match Lebron's versatility, NO!

When u break it down like that, u see the uniqueness in Lebron's game. Stylistically, the players Lebron is most similar to are Magic, Big O, G Hill, and Pippen. In open court he reminds me of Dr. J BUT has the body of Karl Malone. SICK SHIT!!

bran, kobe and mj are same type of players except for advance scoring skillset. Kobe and mj are just willing to sacrifice stats coz they knew they could deliver result while bran cant. They could still produce stats even in tough situations while bran has to accumulate his stats asap or he wont be compared by his stans to jordan/kobe. Bran is more like Big O, cant sacrifice stats, thus are losers.

oarabbus
08-05-2015, 04:37 AM
buncha shiit

3ball, honestly I don't care about the bullshit you're spouting. However, I do agree with you that Jordan is GOAT.

I just have one question, if you could be so kind as to answer. What is your #1, best of all time Jordan YouTube mix? Not a top 5 list, just the one single best mix on youtube.

Cocaine80s
08-05-2015, 04:57 AM

Empty stats

Lebrons all around game impacts the team much more than Mjs

Dragonyeuw
08-05-2015, 06:34 AM

The eastern conference was an entirely different beast in 1989 and 2009. Thats IMO a bigger factor than the difference between their rosters.

nzahir
08-05-2015, 06:40 AM
IF ANYONE READ HIS IG POST HE SAID LEBRON WILL END UP TOP 2-3 ALL TIME

And how can lebron not be a #1 scoring option when he has averaged more pts in his career than kobe up to this point?

sportjames23
08-05-2015, 06:40 AM
Empty stats

Lebrons all around game impacts the team much more than Mjs

True, but in a negative way. Hence, 2/6.

HurricaneKid
08-05-2015, 10:23 AM

So algebra proves that Lebron's cast was vastly superior...

Holy ****. You don't understand math (or basketball) even a little.

Straight_Ballin
08-05-2015, 10:35 AM
Gilbert making bran stans cry.

Tears do taste good tho.

Da_Realist
08-05-2015, 11:13 AM
The eastern conference was an entirely different beast in 1989 and 2009. Thats IMO a bigger factor than the difference between their rosters.

This. 1989 East included the eventual NBA champs who the Bulls had to play six times.. And if Bird had played at all that season, the Bulls probably would have only won around 45 instead of 47 games. No one trick pony was going to win 66 games in that conference.

tmacattack33
08-05-2015, 11:19 AM
Arenas had a low iq as a bball player. Especially for a "point guard". He was a chucker. No wonder he thinks Kobe is so good.

I'd much rather here Jason Kidd or Magic Johnson's opinion.

Dragonyeuw
08-05-2015, 11:25 AM
This. 1989 East included the eventual NBA champs who the Bulls had to play six times.. And if Bird had played at all that season, the Bulls probably would have only won around 45 instead of 47 games. No one trick pony was going to win 66 games in that conference.

Yep, and extend that to the league as a whole for that decade. Look at the champions: Lakers, Celtics, Sixers, Pistons. Those teams were loaded with legit star power complemented by great depth. No team with one legit star and a cast of role players was going to do much damage in the playoffs.

Clifton
08-05-2015, 02:25 PM
I love Gilbert Arenas, but why does anyone care about his opinion? Especially about Lebron? It'd be like Ehlo saying, "Jordan wasn't nearly as good a jumpshooter as Kobe."

Lebron thoroughly clowned and destroyed Arenas' Wizards like 3 years in a row.

Arenas never had any idea what was going on more than 2 feet away from his body. He was looking to get up as many FGAs and FTAs as possible. Had no sense of the rhythm of a game or the team dynamic. He's a checkers player, can't meaningfully understand the kind of game a chess player like Lebron is playing.