PDA

View Full Version : Could a starting 5 from the OTC defeat the best WNBA team?

knickballer
08-04-2015, 08:53 PM
As for OTC posters lets limit the criteria to active posters.

I would naturally think yes as the player pool would be high and you'd find some decent ballers out of here. But what if we limit the criteria further to no posters that have played in college allowed?

More importantly who'd be your starting 5?

TripleA
08-04-2015, 09:16 PM
As for OTC posters lets limit the criteria to active posters.

I would naturally think yes as the player pool would be high and you'd find some decent ballers out of here. But what if we limit the criteria further to no posters that have played in college allowed?

More importantly who'd be your starting 5?

If they are either college level or high level high school they can probably win.

Akrazotile
08-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Yes, and easily.

There's too much size here. Not that a team of guys 5'8-5'10 wouldnt also trounce a wnba team if a couple of them are decent shooters, but youve got dudes here 6'2+ who are athletic and can dunk, it wouldnt even be close.

I'm 5'11 and I'd run point, and there is zero way in hell we would lose. I am positive about this. Women arent the athletic competitors men are. Period. Even "world class" women are generally not as athletic as any remotely above average males.

9erempiree
08-04-2015, 09:22 PM
As long as I am coaching.

JEFFERSON MONEY
08-04-2015, 09:27 PM
First of all some humility.

Taurasi and Sue Bird are better shooters than 99.99% of ISH.

With that said how in the hell is this not gonna be Team ISH stuffing, stealing on D and getting 120+ on fast break points.

Lil oj mayo, plowking, lamardoom, maga, jamal99, insert big guy here.

poido123
08-04-2015, 09:30 PM

With that said how in the hell is this not gonna be Team ISH stuffing, stealing on D and getting 120+ on fast break points.

3 point sniper up in here??? :eek:

We have film :pimp:

outbreak
08-04-2015, 09:52 PM
3 point sniper up in here??? :eek:

We have film :pimp:

Easy win if Poido is on the team, he'd be dropping those WNBA players like prime Ali.

iamgine
08-04-2015, 09:54 PM
If it's a battle of confidence, OTC has them dominated.

knickballer
08-04-2015, 10:02 PM
Easy win if Poido is on the team, he'd be dropping those WNBA players like prime Ali.

You mean Jameer? He'd get sweet revenge on those females :oldlol:

Remember no college ISH players and active posters only. Brittany Grier would probably push our shit in even though we'd post the shit out of that b1tch.

Akrazotile
08-04-2015, 11:08 PM

Is this to give the women at least a chance?

9erempiree
08-04-2015, 11:18 PM
I will implement my college coaches system.

Lensanity
08-04-2015, 11:23 PM
Lol I'd **** them bitches up

No college rule excludes me tho

TheMan
08-05-2015, 02:20 AM
Can we use the WNBA's smaller basketball? I could easily palm that ball :rockon:

oarabbus
08-05-2015, 02:55 AM
A WNBA All-Star team would still lose to a nationally top-ranked high school boys team. I'm assuming the OTC has enough ex-HS/College players to beat a WNBA team.

bdreason
08-05-2015, 03:01 AM
I'm gonna say yes. I played 2 years in College and played against NCAA level women a few times... they simply can't match up physically.

Now if we're talking about a game of HORSE? That's a different discussion.

poido123
08-05-2015, 03:31 AM

:pimp:

AintNoSunshine
08-05-2015, 03:35 AM
Yes, out of all the D-Leaguer and NBAer, some are bound to visit ISH occasionally.

oarabbus
08-05-2015, 04:39 AM
Could a 6'1 and under team beat a WNBA team?

Better question.

Nick Young
08-05-2015, 04:48 AM
I have no doubt in my mind.

Lil OJ Mayo would probably be able to put up 50 on them without breaking a sweat.

It would be like Monstarrs vs Looney Toons, before Bill Murray gets there.

Nick Young
08-05-2015, 04:50 AM
A WNBA All-Star team would still lose to a nationally top-ranked high school boys team. I'm assuming the OTC has enough ex-HS/College players to beat a WNBA team.
WNBA allstars would lose to an average high school boys team. The national top-ranked high school boys team would have several elite NBA and college prospects and would wipe the floor with WNBA allstars.

The Athleticism difference is just too great. In WNBA, a 6'5 person who can hardly jump or move regularly occupies the center position.

Thorpesaurous
08-05-2015, 07:57 AM
I have a friend who was on the men's practice team that practiced against the women. In four years he said they lost twice. He was a very very good high school basketball player. Second best player on a very good team type of guy. All Conference, fringe all state. But in terms of skill set, he's about 6-6, rail thin, but can really handle it and shoot it. That's the problem matchup for women, and that guy exists in a lot of places. Too tall to guard small, too quick to guard big, and the bigger problem is that even at less than 200 lbs, that guy is too strong for most of the female bigs. Geno would be on him every practice to exploit every advantage. So if he was being guarded small, he wanted him posting up every trip.

I'm not sure how much better your average WNBA team is than UConn. I feel like women's basketball has gotten much better in the last decade. The plodding Rebecca Lobo types just don't exist anymore. And there's more players exploiting the sameness of their physicality, like a Deladon who's a three point shooting center.

They've also seemingly gotten more professional. These women treat this stuff like a job. The conditioning has improved hugely.

I think a top tier HS team could beat a WNBA team, but it would have to be well coached. But I don't believe the average HS team could beat them anymore. Any men's team would have to be smart about how they played. I'd guess there's probably enough basketball guys on this board that it's probable a team could be put together that could do it. Odds are with all the hoops fans here, there's probably a handful who are really big, and another group that are really skilled. But I do think it would require some extended preparation to get it done.

nathanjizzle
08-05-2015, 08:19 AM
no you idiots. a bunch of scrubs on a forum cannot beat a wnba team.

Nick Young
08-05-2015, 08:37 AM
no you idiots. a bunch of scrubs on a forum cannot beat a wnba team.
Have you ever played vs NCAA division I women ballers? They suck.

imdaman99
08-05-2015, 10:00 AM
When I was in HS, I played against a 6'5 girl that eventually made it to the WNBA. (When you're that tall as a girl, I imagine anyone would make it). I remember looking her up and she played a few seasons and averaged something like 2.3pts, 1.7rebs a game. She was alright, meaning she wasn't a scrub but she was not very good. She didn't know how to use her height, but that was a very young age. I didn't follow her, but I knew she was smart and I hope she did the right thing and gave up the WNBA (or it gave up on her) and she did not go play overseas but used her brains. Women's basketball even overseas won't pay.

Would ISH beat a WNBA all star team/dream team? Probably not. Taurasi and Maya Moore are legit players (at least they were in college). But could ISH beat the best WNBA team??? There's a chance if ISH practiced together. If you mean could ISH assemble a team and just throw them out there and win? HELL NO. ISH would lose like 81-32 or something along the lines.

Jailblazers7
08-05-2015, 10:06 AM
Best WNBA team or WNBA all-stars? First one yes, second one no.

alenleomessi
08-05-2015, 10:59 AM
all those ronda rousey vs insert random guy threads and now this you computer nerds are underestimating the power of men

we have jamal who is almost 7 ft iirc.. you just throw the ball at him.. what the f*ck are they gonna do?

9erempiree
08-05-2015, 11:28 AM
First of all, if I was in charge I would definitely build a team of former players, high school or any level of college experience and Sunday league guys.

We're not talking about throwing deuce Wallace of the world in there. We need real athletes. We would have to train on conditioning and learn plays and sets. The wnba women are athletes for their respective sport and we are computer guys lol.

They are better shooters too so I recommend you guys play on a wnba court. They are more likely to hit a men's 3 point shot than you guys.

Most likely than not ISH will embarrass themselves like they always do on here bu with training of one month we can be victorious.

Jailblazers7
08-05-2015, 11:33 AM
So basically it would take ISH some significant prep to win because we'd be a scattered mess without it. That is sort of the rub tho because I'm guessing most of us aren't interested in that. I certainly wouldn't want to waste a bunch of time just so I could brag about beating a WNBA team.

9erempiree
08-05-2015, 11:39 AM
Trust me it is a lot harder than you guys think.

Prep star? I am just hoping for some prep level experience.

Look at the demographics of ISH. Either kids or guys in there mid 20s to 30s. Either out of shape, conditioning wise.

Look how skylar diggns dominate in the celebrity game and I am assuming you guys can at least ball like the celebs and they are weekend ballers.

kNIOKAS
08-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Not sure... Pro women must be way better shooters, way better disciplined and poised. That amounts for 80% of success, just look at Spurs.

I've played with several 60-70 year old former professionals. They couldn't move a lot, of course, but they shot nearly 90% IN GAME. Any kind of room or a second late resulted in them just using their dead-beat orthodox jumper. It's tough.

9erempiree
08-05-2015, 12:13 PM
The best team in the WNBA would be the champions. Phoenix Mercury

They are ranked in the top 5 in most important team statistics such as shooting and points.

http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/mercury_1.jpg

Tallest player is 6'9'' with that Britney b1tch and the jury is out on whether she's really a woman. So lets say she's a man. You guys are going up against 6'9'' dude. That alone gives them a huge advantage.

This is from ISH's Streetball Forum....just look at the threads and that will give you an idea of how good people are on ISH. :lol :facepalm
http://s2.postimg.org/o5d08akmx/Untitled.png

~primetime~
08-05-2015, 12:44 PM
^^^ looks like there are several guys here that are dunking...that is more than the WNBA can say

I am thinking with a lot of prep and good coaching, yes...the best 5 here would defeat them. We would definitely have height/size on them, it would just be a matter of getting everyone on the same page.

TripleA
08-05-2015, 12:46 PM
I can dunk that does not make me a great player though.
I'm pretty much like a Shabazz Muhammad attack the rim and serviceable jump shot.
get out in transition.

Akrazotile
08-05-2015, 12:48 PM
The best team in the WNBA would be the champions. Phoenix Mercury

They are ranked in the top 5 in most important team statistics such as shooting and points.

http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/mercury_1.jpg

Tallest player is 6'9'' with that Britney b1tch and the jury is out on whether she's really a woman. So lets say she's a man. You guys are going up against 6'9'' dude. That alone gives them a huge advantage.

Too light and uncoordinated.

They might could beat a randomly generated sampling of 5 otc posters. But the 5 best, even the ones who didnt play d1 college ball - would still be too big and too athletic to make it a match. The difference in strength and coordination would be too much. These chicks would be getting swatted and dunked on. It would be embarrassing.

PistonsFan#21
08-05-2015, 10:28 PM
This is a vid of me shooting around i posted in the NBA 100 shots challenge on the main forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-XykFpXf2c

do i make the cut for a spot on the ISH all-star team?

im only about 5'9'' but i can dunk on a good day so that would make me more athletic than pretty much any WNBA player i would be matched against.

9erempiree
08-05-2015, 11:02 PM
This is a vid of me shooting around i posted in the NBA 100 shots challenge on the main forum: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-XykFpXf2c

do i make the cut for a spot on the ISH all-star team?

im only about 5'9'' but i can dunk on a good day so that would make me more athletic than pretty much any WNBA player i would be matched against.

Since we all agree that I am going to coach you fakkits and this team....I am going to say you will most likely be our starting PG. Like I said, it is very hard to beat a professional team.

First of all, you have a sweet stroke and good handles for PG. One and a half minute through the video I've seen enough.

As of right now, with only PistonsFan, and building the team around him....I will be running pick and roll. Solid physical stature, no homo, we have to run pick and pop.

As for your other teammates on here, they might be garbage.

You win the matchup...you have to guard her.....she's 5'5''
http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/722738a43743860af4ccda6ba850cf4c96d5c43f/c=0-0-2887-3849&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2015/02/04/Phoenix/Phoenix/635586680318455059-phoenix-mercury-signings.jpg

Can you stop this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBhIfRTZggU

....but your teammates might be garbage though.

Any tall fakkits on here?

More worried about their SG and Britney broad.

oarabbus
08-06-2015, 03:48 AM
^^^ looks like there are several guys here that are dunking...that is more than the WNBA can say

I am thinking with a lot of prep and good coaching, yes...the best 5 here would defeat them. We would definitely have height/size on them, it would just be a matter of getting everyone on the same page.

Pretty sure you could assemble an ISH "Unable to Dunk" team that would still beat a WNBA team.

There are good, unathletic 6'2" and 6'3" guys who cannot dunk (think a smaller zbo type player). Then you can have very athletic guys in the 5'9"+ range completing the team.

CeltsGarlic
08-06-2015, 03:57 AM
Not without me obv.