PDA

View Full Version : Young Shaq destroying Zo

StrongLurk
08-05-2015, 06:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGWToZO_Cf4

Shaq one of the greatest physical specimens ever.

Nash
08-05-2015, 06:36 PM
beeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast

LoneyROY7
08-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Zo has never been about that life.

Lebron23
08-05-2015, 07:30 PM
Shaq always owned Zo.

Round Mound
08-05-2015, 07:33 PM
I Wonder What Prime Shaq Would Do To Todays Centers. It Would Be Laughable!

bigkingsfan
08-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Shaq ate Zo's kidney.

DonDadda59
08-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Shaq made Zo look like a child on too many occasions. His rookie season he treated Gorilla Zo like a bug on a speeding car windshield (https://youtu.be/3DSN1KnAW-Y?t=1m21s)

dazzer87
08-05-2015, 07:44 PM
Shaq couldve been GOAT but has no work ethic......

JimmyMcAdocious
08-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Zo was a beast and credit for not being a *****. He's one of maybe a handful of allstar+ players who would contest everything. ...But because of that mentality, I'm pretty sure everyone has dunked on Zo at some point. I remember ****ing Divac getting him good at least once.

Crown&Coke
08-05-2015, 07:56 PM
Shaq said he would go extra hard against Zo because there was a debate on who would be the better player and he wanted to show there was no debate

1992 draft
#1 Shaq
#2 Zo

LoneyROY7
08-05-2015, 07:59 PM
I Wonder What Prime Shaq Would Do To Todays Centers. It Would Be Laughable!

Pour me a glass of that nostalgia you're gulping down over there. I could use something to stimulate a quick bowel movement.

aj1987
08-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Pour me a glass of that nostalgia you're gulping down over there. I could use something to stimulate a quick bowel movement.
Blake and DJ would shit their pants if they had to face a team with young Shaq.

Hey Yo
08-05-2015, 08:07 PM
Zo got teabagged on Shaq's 2nd dunk

Fallen Angel
08-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Shaq is only as good as the players around him. You can't just go out and say he'd win a championship every year. He got swept in the Eastern Conference Finals because he didn't have Horace Grant beside him to go against the Chicago Bulls.

ProfessorMurder
08-06-2015, 02:20 AM
Shaq made Zo look like a child on too many occasions. His rookie season he treated Gorilla Zo like a bug on a speeding car windshield (https://youtu.be/3DSN1KnAW-Y?t=1m21s)
Really sucks that he didn't stay at about that weight. Dude was crazy.

AirFederer
08-06-2015, 02:49 AM
Shaqs dunks are overrated.

Because:

Wilt Chamberlain:
Height: 7-1.06 (6-11.5 age 17, 7-1.06 age 23)
Wingspan: 7-8
Standing Reach: 9-6 (No adjustment needed - played in Chuck Taylors)
Hand Length: 9.5"
Hand Spread: 11.5"
Playing Weight:
225lbs - Kansas
230lbs - Globetrotters (signing on)
249lbs - Globetrotters (several weeks before leaving, evidently put on a lot of weight that year, lead to rookie list weight of 250lbs)
258lbs - Kutchers game just days prior to rookie debut
265lbs - 3rd season
275lbs - 4th season (list weight from there on out)
292lbs - 5th season
310lbs - late career
320lbs - maximum (overweight at training camp of 5th season)
Shoes: U.S. size 15

Shaquille O'Neal:
Height: 7-0.88 (At age 21, 7-0.63 NBA draft measurement 1, 7-0.88 draft measurement 2)
Wingspan: 7-7
Standing Reach: 9-4 (1 inch shoe adjusted)
Hand Length: 11"
Hand Spread: 9"
Playing Weight:
280 - Freshman LSU Season
285 - Sophomore LSU Season
294 - Final LSU Season
301 - 1992 draft measurement 1
303 - 1992 draft measurement 2
315 - early career
325 - early-mid career
350 - mid-late career
368 - maximum (out of shape after an injury)
Shoes: U.S. size 22

Naaaah, just kidding.

Guy was a beast of beasts. What he did in his rookie season will never be duplicated, sadly. So big, som much power, so quick and agile, so many moves. Sick.

Smoke117
08-06-2015, 02:50 AM
Zo was a beast and credit for not being a *****. He's one of maybe a handful of allstar+ players who would contest everything. ...But because of that mentality, I'm pretty sure everyone has dunked on Zo at some point. I remember ****ing Divac getting him good at least once.

Scottie has like 4 awesome dunks on him from one year lol...1995.

AirFederer
08-06-2015, 02:54 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snrVSSH1xWQ

:bowdown:

fefe
08-06-2015, 06:02 AM
There was a game when Carter dunked on Zo 4 times.
It was the same game when he had the famous dunk on Zo.
In that game he did it to him 3 more times. Not to the same extent, but those three also qualifyed as dunk over Zo.

Dragonyeuw
08-06-2015, 07:04 AM
Really sucks that he didn't stay at about that weight. Dude was crazy.

I honestly think that if he did, and had the work ethic, he would have been GOAT or at least you'd have a lot less people saying MJ. It's almost jarring to see young Shaq and how lean he was back then, but with that incredible power.

But on that first dunk....holy shit.

KobesFinger
08-06-2015, 07:19 AM
Wilt was only a size 15?

OldSchoolBBall
08-06-2015, 09:31 AM
There was a game when Carter dunked on Zo 4 times.
It was the same game when he had the famous dunk on Zo.
In that game he did it to him 3 more times. Not to the same extent, but those three also qualifyed as dunk over Zo.

Jordan also dunked on Zo 4 times in one game in 1993.

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 11:42 AM
Replace Lebron with Shaq in the 2015 NBA Finals and the Cavaliers don't win one game. Different time, defenses are smarter and more emphasis is put on the three ball and free throws. If Shaq doesn't have and All-NBA Guard by his side he wouldn't do shit in the league.

brownmamba00
08-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Replace Lebron with Shaq in the 2015 NBA Finals and the Cavaliers don't win one game. Different time, defenses are smarter and more emphasis is put on the three ball and free throws. If Shaq doesn't have and All-NBA Guard by his side he wouldn't do shit in the league.
Lol like lebron can make 3s in the finals GTFO Shaq would destroy Draymond Green and David Lee.

They'd win atleast 2 games esp if Kerr plays him 1on1 like he did with Bron

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Lol like lebron can make 3s in the finals GTFO Shaq would destroy Draymond Green and David Lee.

They'd win atleast 2 games esp if Kerr plays him 1on1 like he did with Bron
Lebron made and created threes for his team. Shaq isn't creating a single shot if the Warriors guard him 1 on 1. He can't keep up with the Warriors' shooters, and even if he does Steve Kerr will resort to hacking Shaq like all the rest have done.

Defensively, Shaq wouldn't be able to keep up with Draymond Green when he plays center. Shaq could never guard perimeter players (see Christian Laettner) and always was awful on the pick and roll (see how Bibby abused him in Sacramento). Shaq will get abused every trip down by Golden State on the defensive end with all the pick and rolls they run.

As I said before, he isn't winning one game.

aj1987
08-06-2015, 12:10 PM
Lebron made and created threes for his team. Shaq isn't creating a single shot if the Warriors guard him 1 on 1. He can't keep up with the Warriors' shooters, and even if he does Steve Kerr will resort to hacking Shaq like all the rest have done.

Defensively, Shaq wouldn't be able to keep up with Draymond Green when he plays center. Shaq could never guard perimeter players (see Christian Laettner) and always was awful on the pick and roll (see how Bibby abused him in Sacramento). Shaq will get abused every trip down by Golden State on the defensive end with all the pick and rolls they run.

Kenneth level of stupidity.

305Baller
08-06-2015, 12:16 PM
Shaq got him on that one. Anyone else would have flown to the ground but Zo was undaunted.

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Kenneth level of stupidity.
Prove otherwise.

One line of hatred isn't proving you anymore right, it's just proving that you have no rebuttal and that I'm right.

3ball
08-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Shaq is only as good as the players around him. You can't just go out and say he'd win a championship every year. He got swept in the Eastern Conference Finals because he didn't have Horace Grant beside him to go against the Chicago Bulls.
Laughable... So what was his excuse for getting swept in 1997 and 1998 by the Utah Jazz?

Shaq's game was not adjustable, so he needed a guy like Kobe or Wade to win any rings... That's a fact...

Put the league's best talent around him (1998) and he'll still get swept if he doesn't have a literal top 5 OAT wing besides him - those are the facts... Now go ahead and twist them.

Wade's Rings
08-06-2015, 12:47 PM
Laughable... So what was his excuse for getting swept in 1997 and 1998 by the Utah Jazz?

Shaq's game was not adjustable, so he needed a guy like Kobe or Wade to win any rings... That's a fact...

Put the league's best talent around him (1998) and he'll still get swept if he doesn't have a literal top 5 OAT wing besides him - those are the facts... Now go ahead and twist them.

What's OAT?

aj1987
08-06-2015, 03:04 PM
Prove otherwise.

One line of hatred isn't proving you anymore right, it's just proving that you have no rebuttal and that I'm right.
If the Warriors go small, who the **** can actually guard Shaq? Dude would literally score on almost every possession. I would be surprised if he puts up anything less than 45-50 PPG on extremely high FG% in the series. If the Warriors put in Bogut, Shaq is still gonna WRECK him. You want to use hack-a-Shaq? Over half the team will be in foul trouble before the end of the first half. That strategy only works near the end of games.

What's MJ's excuse for not winning without the GOAT perimeter defender and a top 5 SF and one of the GOAT defenders/rebounders?

ZMonkey11
08-06-2015, 03:15 PM

This has to be trolling. Every post of yours has to be trolling. You aren't this stupid.

Rockets(T-mac)
08-06-2015, 03:19 PM

As I said before, he isn't winning one game. :roll:

Are you gonna hack-a-shaq the whole game? Cuz this isn't DeAndre, shaq will make about half the free-throws, and the second you stop fouling him, he'll completely destroy whoever you put on him. And lol if the warriors guard him 1-on-1 that's pretty much a basket waiting to happen. Keep telling yourself shaq was that easy to guard.

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 03:42 PM
Shaq has NEVER EVER beat an all-time great team on his own. NEVER, including the 2000 Indiana Pacers who, based on their Elo Rating, are the 157th best team in the history of the NBA.

Shaquille O'Neal is a great scorer around the rim and a great rebounder, but his defense and free throw shooting would be easily abused during the 2015 playoffs similar to how every other flawed player was abused. DeAndre Jordan was abused, Dwight Howard was abused, Omer Asik was abused, Tony Allen was abused, Rajon Rondo was abused.

All great players with flaws will be abused and one of Shaq's biggest flaws is his pick and roll defense. And guess what, we're in the era that utilizes the pick and roll the most. To think that Shaq could last 40 minutes with the greatest pick and roll team in NBA History is ridiculous. Shaq has had great individual playoff series which ended in his team getting swept in the process (see 1995 NBA Finals and 1996 Eastern Conference Finals). This wouldn't be any more different of a result if he were to face the Golden State Warriors.

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 03:54 PM
The Golden State Warriors are ranked 3rd on the list of the Greatest Teams of All-Time via Elo Rating (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-best-nba-teams-of-all-time-according-to-elo/).

Their isn't a team in the Top 50 that Shaq has single-handedly beaten.

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 03:59 PM
You people probably attempt to overrate Shaq just because of a few Kobe stans love to underrate him.

There is no sensible person in the world that would think any version of Shaq teamed with Matthew Dellavedova, J.R. Smith, Iman Shumpert, and Tristan Thompson would win one game against the Golden State Warriors.

aj1987
08-06-2015, 04:00 PM
Shaq has NEVER EVER beat an all-time great team on his own. NEVER, including the 2000 Indiana Pacers who, based on their Elo Rating, are the 157th best team in the history of the NBA.

Shaquille O'Neal is a great scorer around the rim and a great rebounder, but his defense and free throw shooting would be easily abused during the 2015 playoffs similar to how every other flawed player was abused. DeAndre Jordan was abused, Dwight Howard was abused, Omer Asik was abused, Tony Allen was abused, Rajon Rondo was abused.

All great players with flaws will be abused and one of Shaq's biggest flaws is his pick and roll defense. And guess what, we're in the era that utilizes the pick and roll the most. To think that Shaq could last 40 minutes with the greatest pick and roll team in NBA History is ridiculous. Shaq has had great individual playoff series which ended in his team getting swept in the process (see 1995 NBA Finals and 1996 Eastern Conference Finals). This wouldn't be any more different of a result if he were to face the Golden State Warriors.
Wow.... :facepalm

SHAQisGOAT
08-06-2015, 05:24 PM

:rolleyes: :oldlol: :facepalm

Shaq would've had a field day against those Warriors, he would've MURDERED them.

Now YOU, prove me otherwise :rolleyes:

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 05:26 PM
You obviously haven't read my most recent post. Try again.

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 05:30 PM
I'd like for someone to prove to me that Shaq would single-handedly beat an All-Time great team, matter of fact name one player in NBA History that has beaten an All-Time great team by himself.

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 05:33 PM
I would have expected some of the posters that have actually watched Shaq to be the first to prove me wrong with facts instead of one-liners.

aj1987
08-06-2015, 06:15 PM
I would have expected some of the posters that have actually watched Shaq to be the first to prove me wrong with facts instead of one-liners.

Prove otherwise.

If the Warriors go small, who the **** can actually guard Shaq? Dude would literally score on almost every possession. I would be surprised if he puts up anything less than 45-50 PPG on extremely high FG% in the series. If the Warriors put in Bogut, Shaq is still gonna WRECK him. You want to use hack-a-Shaq? Over half the team will be in foul trouble before the end of the first half. That strategy only works near the end of games.

You haven't posted a SINGLE fact. You really are the kennethgriffin of Rocket fans.

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Shaq has had great individual playoff series which ended in his team getting swept in the process (see 1995 NBA Finals and 1996 Eastern Conference Finals). This wouldn't be any more different of a result if he were to face the Golden State Warriors.

bumping this for the idiots that didn't read it

Prove to me that Shaq can beat an All-Time Great Team by himself, show me once where he's done so.

Young X
08-06-2015, 06:40 PM
bumping this for the idiots that didn't read it

Prove to me that Shaq can beat an All-Time Great Team by himself, show me once where he's done so.When has that ever been done by anybody?

Fallen Angel
08-06-2015, 06:55 PM
When has that ever been done by anybody?
Exactly, that's what I said in post 40.

Shaq couldn't replace Lebron on the 2015 Cavaliers and beat the Warriors.