PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix is wack.

FireDavidKahn
08-07-2015, 08:20 PM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25262195/report-markieff-morris-becomes-the-latest-sun-to-want-out-of-phoenix

Report: Markieff Morris becomes the latest Sun to want out of Phoenix
By Matt Moore / NBA writer
August 06, 2015 06:43 PM ET
The Suns have been within a handful of games of the playoffs twice in the past two years. By every objective measure, they're an example of a team that has managed the rebuilding process with aplomb, trading for a high-value young star in Eric Bledsoe while stockpiling picks and adding key young players. As long as you just look at the numbers on the board, everything with Phoenix is great.

Under the surface however, there are some concerning signs. Goran Dragic, never known to be a drama queen, demanded a trade last year. On the way out, he bashed the organization. Isaiah Thomas had some words about Phoenix after being dealt to Boston. The team traded Marcus Morris along with a few other players to chase LaMarcus Aldridge after signing Morris and his brother Markieff to long-term extensions, and Morris has openly torched the team. Repeatedly. There's some disagreement about how long-time Sun Channing Frye left town.

And now, there's news that Markieff Morris, arguably the Suns' second-best player behind Bledsoe, wants out.
:eek:

Lensanity
08-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Wow. What a horrible, undetailed article. Pathetic journalism.

Did that mother****er really say that Marqueef wanting out means that the Suns organization is bad? Seriously?

Marqueef AND his thug brother both have their own individual technical foul highlight reels for last season, Marcus cussed the coach out on national TV, and both got charged with FELONY ASSAULT.

The Suns got pissed and shipped Marcus' ass out, making the 2 most entitled human beings on Earth get super butthurt as they cry, piss, and moan about how they got cheated so badly by the Suns. Que the violin.

The Dragic situation was unique. What really made him upset was the fact that Hornacek changed his role, making him camp out in the corner every game. Dragic and his agent wanted a trade at the deadline and Dragic wanted to go to a good team, meaning he didn't want the team he goes to to have to give up a bunch of assets for him. Therefore, he said what he said publicly to kill the Suns' leverage.

Isaiah Thomas just wanted to start and didn't like what Hornacek is doing.

The only problem with the Suns right now is the coach. The front office is smart and know what they are doing.

And **** this article. Horrible.

QuebecBaller
08-07-2015, 09:05 PM
The only problem with the Suns right now is the coach. The front office is smart and know what they are doing.

And **** this article. Horrible.

The PG situation:

Sign Dragic
Trade for Bledsoe and give him a big contract
Sign Thomas
Trade Dragic
Trade Thomas
Trade for Knight

You call this smart?

FireDavidKahn
08-07-2015, 09:26 PM
Wow. What a horrible, undetailed article. Pathetic journalism.

Did that mother****er really say that Marqueef wanting out means that the Suns organization is bad? Seriously?

Marqueef AND his thug brother both have their own individual technical foul highlight reels for last season, Marcus cussed the coach out on national TV, and both got charged with FELONY ASSAULT.

The Suns got pissed and shipped Marcus' ass out, making the 2 most entitled human beings on Earth get super butthurt as they cry, piss, and moan about how they got cheated so badly by the Suns. Que the violin.

The Dragic situation was unique. What really made him upset was the fact that Hornacek changed his role, making him camp out in the corner every game. Dragic and his agent wanted a trade at the deadline and Dragic wanted to go to a good team, meaning he didn't want the team he goes to to have to give up a bunch of assets for him. Therefore, he said what he said publicly to kill the Suns' leverage.

Isaiah Thomas just wanted to start and didn't like what Hornacek is doing.

And **** this article. Horrible.Context is obviously not your strong point.:sleeping The article is implying that the Suns organization is dysfunctional and that multiple players have wanted out and then trashed the org.

Context:sleeping

FreezingTsmoove
08-07-2015, 09:59 PM
The PG situation:

Sign Dragic
Trade for Bledsoe and give him a big contract
Sign Thomas
Trade Dragic
Trade Thomas
Trade for Knight

You call this smart?

Delusional suns fans on this board, I have seen it all

Akrazotile
08-07-2015, 10:00 PM
#WeAreAllPhoenix

#HandsUpDontShoot #ContestedJumpers

livingby3's
08-07-2015, 10:21 PM
Their handling of their PG situation is as bad as it gets.

First the Suns wanted to do a two point approach playing both Dragic and Bledsoe.. Ok.... Fine..

Then they throw a third one into the mix by adding Thomas. Things started to ruin then.

They proceed to trade Dragic (even though I was against it, as Dragic was the true leader the Suns needed), and trade Thomas, but I thought well at least they finally decided on the PG they wanted, until they sign a big contract with Knight. Seemingly they are back to playing two points :facepalm

Markieff and Marcus, they would be right to dump them both. But the way the Suns had handled their players up till this point, you would think the young players are not going to be confident with the management. I for one, as a long time fan, am unsure of their priorities.

Good move I like this off season is them getting Tyson. Len is good offensively, and if Len can learn something on the other end from Tyson, it would be ideal.

Also I'm pleased with how the Suns have drafted in recent years. Warren, Len, Goodwin, Booker. They got those right. But their ways on free agency has been a big minus.

sfballa13
08-07-2015, 11:31 PM
Delusional suns fans on this board, I have seen it all

If you think the Suns fans on this board are delusional go visit r/nba for a good laugh

I dont get why you guys are defending your GM like he delivered a championship to your city

Your team has always sucked, will continue to suck, and with this guy at the helm more terrible decisions will follow

I cant wait to see what the Suns have to pay to get rid of Kief.

Just remember this Dragic, Morris, Thomas, Lakers lottery pick, Plumlee, Ennis for Brandon Knight and two late 1sts from the Heat.

LMFAO probably the worst 1 year stretch of any GM for a long time...and this is coming from a Pistons fan who dealt with Joe DumbAss

bdreason
08-08-2015, 01:05 AM
So all the players who got traded away are talking shit? Shocking.

That said, we've known for a long time that the Suns owner is cheap.

buddha
08-08-2015, 01:28 AM
they should trade Markieff for Taj Gibson and Doug McDermott, it'd be a good trade for both teams in my opinion, maybe add a bulls 1st also.

senelcoolidge
08-08-2015, 01:33 AM
These felons should not be allowed to play in the league. GTFO!

masonanddixon
08-08-2015, 01:36 AM
PHX has one of the shittiest GMs in the NBA.

Norcaliblunt
08-08-2015, 01:39 AM
The Suns front office is wack, but let's be real, all these players being mentioned are wack as well.

FireDavidKahn
08-08-2015, 01:52 AM
If you think the Suns fans on this board are delusional go visit r/nba for a good laugh

I dont get why you guys are defending your GM like he delivered a championship to your city

Your team has always sucked, will continue to suck, and with this guy at the helm more terrible decisions will follow

I cant wait to see what the Suns have to pay to get rid of Kief.

Just remember this Dragic, Morris, Thomas, Lakers lottery pick, Plumlee, Ennis for Brandon Knight and two late 1sts from the Heat.

LMFAO probably the worst 1 year stretch of any GM for a long time...and this is coming from a Pistons fan who dealt with Joe DumbAss
Hey now, they still have a long ways to go to catch up to David Kahn.

SamuraiSWISH
08-08-2015, 01:58 AM
Best training staff, and weather environment for athletes bodies though.

Lensanity
08-08-2015, 02:15 AM

1. You have no idea that those picks will be late 1sts. They are in 2018 and 2020 IIRC

2. Losing Marcus Morris and Miles Plumlee = Addition by subtraction

3. We also got a pick from Boston

Lensanity
08-08-2015, 02:18 AM
Context is obviously not your strong point.:sleeping The article is implying that the Suns organization is dysfunctional and that multiple players have wanted out and then trashed the org.

Context:sleeping
Wow you are REALLY stupid

The whole poijt of the article was to make the Suns front office look bad because of players having beef with the organization. That's fine. The problem is that the example of the Morris twins is the worst example in journalism I have ever seen. To look at that situation and spin it to make the Suns look bad Instead of the twins is a ****ing joke.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-08-2015, 10:57 AM
they should trade Markieff for Taj Gibson and Doug McDermott, it'd be a good trade for both teams in my opinion, maybe add a bulls 1st also.

Ducking delusional a$$hole. All u might get for this disgruntled ahole is n youn + sacre.

Cause of the salary this ahole is making i won't even do that.

U want gibson, lotto pick McD and 1st? Take ur head out ur as$

T_L_P
08-08-2015, 11:02 AM
He's one of the best defensive players in the game, but he's a total clown and I hope nobody signs him.

RRR3
08-08-2015, 11:49 AM
He's one of the best defensive players in the game, but he's a total clown and I hope nobody signs him.
Who?

FireDavidKahn
08-08-2015, 02:39 PM
Wow you are REALLY stupid

The whole poijt of the article was to make the Suns front office look bad because of players having beef with the organization. That's fine. The problem is that the example of the Morris twins is the worst example in journalism I have ever seen. To look at that situation and spin it to make the Suns look bad Instead of the twins is a ****ing joke.
...That's exactly what I said.:oldlol:

The example is immaterial when the point is still true.

Here, stare at this, this should be typical of the things that entertain you.
http://i.imgur.com/2tDepzq.gif

Lensanity
08-08-2015, 02:45 PM
...That's exactly what I said.:oldlol:

The example is immaterial when the point is still true.

Here, stare at this, this should be typical of the things that entertain you.
http://i.imgur.com/2tDepzq.gif

The point itself is OK to make IF and ONLY IF the organization is truly screwing over players. However, the Morris twins clearly don't fit that narrative even a little bit. The Dragic and Thomas situations are unique too.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that the Suns org does not treat players poorly and it is actually a good place to play. The only problem right now is Jeff Hornacek, but maybe he can turn it around this year. Not counting on it though.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
08-08-2015, 03:33 PM
The point itself is OK to make IF and ONLY IF the organization is truly screwing over players. However, the Morris twins clearly don't fit that narrative even a little bit. The Dragic and Thomas situations are unique too.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that the Suns org does not treat players poorly and it is actually a good place to play. The only problem right now is Jeff Hornacek, but maybe he can turn it around this year. Not counting on it though.

u r a FCUKING IDIOT, u DUMB FCUK

sfballa13
08-09-2015, 11:49 AM
1. You have no idea that those picks will be late 1sts. They are in 2018 and 2020 IIRC

2. Losing Marcus Morris and Miles Plumlee = Addition by subtraction

3. We also got a pick from Boston

Keep trying to convince yourself that losing Marcus is addition by subtraction

You think Sarver is going to pay 8M to watch Kief sit down for the season? If so then you more delusional than i thought.

No GM in their right mind would ever trade for Kief now without Marcus coming with him.

Your best bet is Jennings for Kief and that's if SVG is even willing to make a trade considering we have Ilyasova and Tolliver who we are paying 9M to already.

Otherwise you will be stuck with a player making 8M who refuses to play. Good luck with that.

Lensanity
08-09-2015, 11:57 AM

You think Sarver is going to pay 8M to watch Kief sit down for the season? If so then you more delusional than i thought.

No GM in their right mind would ever trade for Kief now without Marcus coming with him.

Your best bet is Jennings for Kief and that's if SVG is even willing to make a trade considering we have Ilyasova and Tolliver who we are paying 9M to already.

Otherwise you will be stuck with a player making 8M who refuses to play. Good luck with that.

Putting the twins on the same team = Felony assault charges
You are an idiot and I promise you Ryan McDonough will refuse to send Keef to Detroit.

sfballa13
08-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Putting the twins on the same team = Felony assault charges
You are an idiot and I promise you Ryan McDonough will refuse to send Keef to Detroit.

Yeh im sure he has all the say

Sarver is a cheap fcuk and he will ship him out once he gets a chance

Good luck with Brandon Knight and winning your first championship

Suns franchise is embarrassing

wakencdukest
08-09-2015, 01:42 PM
The Suns made some bad moves but anyone thinking the Morris twins complaints are in any way legit, are full of shit. Those two assholes have behavioral problems. They basically ran themselves out of town.

PejaNowitzki
08-09-2015, 02:16 PM

Except it is. The guy is a decent bench player, not a starter and is a locker room cancer. Markieff went from respectful, decent locker room guy to complete trash within a season of Marcus arriving. The shenanigans that they pulled off, the many issues they caused in that locker room, its pretty much addition by subtraction, especially since Phoenix has TJ Warren who will be getting a lot more minutes.

Marcus Morris got sent to the Pistons and has been bitching non-stop about the Suns, even in his introductory press conference. I think Pistons fans will regard him the way Suns and Rockets fans did in short order.

PejaNowitzki
08-09-2015, 02:21 PM
The Suns made some bad moves but anyone thinking the Morris twins complaints are in any way legit, are full of shit. Those two assholes have behavioral problems. They basically ran themselves out of town.

The Suns fully committed to these guys and within a season they completely managed to **** it up. Shoving the head coach on national television, an endless run of stupid technical fouls at the worst moments, calling out fans for not cheering after sucking ass in a blowout, getting felony charges thrown at them, undermining the coaching staff in the locker room and never taking any responsibility for anything.

I think if you can keep Markieff away from Marcus, at least during the season, you might be alright, he's definitely the better NBA player. Marcus is a straight cancer. Markieff was actually very well behaved and a decent locker room guy before Marcus and his bullshit "act hard" routine came on board.

PejaNowitzki
08-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Your team has always sucked, will continue to suck,

4th best winning percentage in NBA history. :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

They may not have won a championship but they've been one of the most consistently winning teams since their inception, hard to make the argument that they "suck." As a franchise they've been a consistent playoff team.

McDonough took over a team with bad contracts and little talent and in a couple seasons has managed to build a respectable roster. Go look at the roster before he came on board and what it looks like now. He's made some mistakes but he's also added a considerable amount of talent.

livingby3's
08-09-2015, 02:43 PM
In recent memories, I hate how the Suns dealt with their situations with Thunder Dan and the Dragic brothers.

We need people who actually want to be there to help the team grow.

Get rid of the self important personnel like Eric n Markieff.

Lensanity
08-09-2015, 02:56 PM

This

Literally everything is their fault. They don't have a single reason to complain.

Lensanity
08-09-2015, 02:58 PM
4th best winning percentage in NBA history. :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

They may not have won a championship but they've been one of the most consistently winning teams since their inception, hard to make the argument that they "suck." As a franchise they've been a consistent playoff team.

McDonough took over a team with bad contracts and little talent and in a couple seasons has managed to build a respectable roster. Go look at the roster before he came on board and what it looks like now. He's made some mistakes but he's also added a considerable amount of talent.

Come on man, let him feel super special because his team has a championship. After all, they wouldn't have one if it wasn't for him being a fan.

The Suns have always been good until Sarver hired Lance Blanks :facepalm

T_L_P
08-09-2015, 05:18 PM
Who?

Markieff.

Great defensive player, total asshat who I wouldn't want anywhere near my team. Poison.

Lensanity
08-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Markieff.

Great defensive player, total asshat who I wouldn't want anywhere near my team. Poison.
This is a very innacurate description of Queef. Elite midrange scorer, great touch, below average athleticism, below average defender, pathetically bad rebounder.

wang4three
08-09-2015, 06:43 PM
All this hoopla for a guy who's a poor man's Rasheed Wallace.

T_L_P
08-09-2015, 07:09 PM
This is a very innacurate description of Queef. Elite midrange scorer, great touch, below average athleticism, below average defender, pathetically bad rebounder.

Last season, Markieff was probably one of the 15 best defensive bigs in the game (imo)

Of the 35 players who defended someone in the post more than 150 times last season, Markieff ranked 12th best in Points Per Possession (.080), better than guys like Noah, Hibbert, Jordan, Noel.

His PnR defense was strong, and he's big enough to bother frontcourt players. Sure, he's not a good rebounder, but that means little to me when talking about defense, especially when since he's a PF and not a C.

He ranked 20th in Defensive RAPM last year and the Suns had an above average defense with him on the floor (7th or so worst with him off it).

I personally like his game and his defense. I'm guessing you're a Suns fan so I'm sure you've seen a lot more games than I have, but that's just my take.

dontgetchoked
08-09-2015, 07:38 PM

LOL no bulls will keep taj and doug and definitely wont give a first as well :facepalm

NugzFan
08-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Come on man, let him feel super special because his team has a championship. After all, they wouldn't have one if it wasn't for him being a fan.

:oldlol: :cheers: