PDA

View Full Version : What happened to JJ Hickson??

Lebron23
08-09-2015, 05:07 PM
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/34/files/2013/02/7002864.jpg

He averaged 13 ppg, and 11 rpg for the Blazers, and after he signed with a contract with the Nuggets his productions went down.

Nash
08-09-2015, 05:15 PM
nothing happaned, he's just playing less minutes and being allowed to take less shots than he did at POrtland.

wang4three
08-09-2015, 05:17 PM
He's not that good.

Lebron23
08-09-2015, 05:18 PM
nothing happaned, he's just playing less minutes and being allowed to take less shots than he did at POrtland.

And the Nuggets signed him when they still have Kenneth Faried who's only averaging 27.8 mpg.

Nikola_
08-09-2015, 05:21 PM
lebon didnt make him his pippen

wang4three
08-09-2015, 06:38 PM
And the Nuggets signed him when they still have Kenneth Faried who's only averaging 27.8 mpg.

Because Brian Shaw wanted a team that was more of a half-court, which works against Kenneth because he's more of an open court player who likes to score in transition opportunities or second chance points. He wanted Kenneth and all his bigs to be more back to the basket, passing bigs, which doesn't play to Faried's strength. When the pace is faster, Kenneth is much more useful.

When Shaw was fired in March, you saw Kenneth's production and minutes jump. I think he was averaging 30mpg in March.

From what I've seen of Hickson, while he's good at rebounding, he seems rather reckless and undisciplined in his shot selection or finishing out plays. Also he doesn't seem to be very good on defense.

Myth
08-09-2015, 06:48 PM
He is a hustle player with very little offense and piss poor defense. The Blazers lacked rebounding, so he looked good statistically with us, but still was not that good. He then went to the Nuggets, where he had to share the floor with and give up minutes to a better version of himself (Faried). Anybody who knew his playing style should have been able to predict that being by Faried is not a good fit for him. He'd only be semi-productive as Faried's replacement when it was time for him to rest.

Fallen Angel
08-09-2015, 06:52 PM
Everything needed to be said about Hickson has been said. He's not that good, his stat sheet numbers aren't a good representation of the player he really is.

MP.Trey
08-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Speaking of athletic big men who had flashes in the pan but ultimately underperformed. What happened to Tyrus Thomas?

Lebron23
08-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Because Brian Shaw wanted a team that was more of a half-court, which works against Kenneth because he's more of an open court player who likes to score in transition opportunities or second chance points. He wanted Kenneth and all his bigs to be more back to the basket, passing bigs, which doesn't play to Faried's strength. When the pace is faster, Kenneth is much more useful.

When Shaw was fired in March, you saw Kenneth's production and minutes jump. I think he was averaging 30mpg in March.

From what I've seen of Hickson, while he's good at rebounding, he seems rather reckless and undisciplined in his shot selection or finishing out plays. Also he doesn't seem to be very good on defense.

I agree.

jbryan1984
08-09-2015, 08:20 PM
He can be good at times but he was never consistent. He makes a lot of bone head plays, like Javale McGee.

And1AllDay
08-09-2015, 09:52 PM
He was 13/10 in Portland
Then went to 12/9 with Denver the next year

Not that big of a drop-off.

Then 8/6 last year but he is getting 10 less minutes per game.

4 Inches
08-11-2015, 01:19 AM
An underrated piece of those 60+ win Cleveland teams.

Pushxx
08-11-2015, 01:22 AM
His set of skills doesn't fit the types of athletic advantages he has. Mismatched. I thought he could make it click, but I've lost hope. His high points are nice, though.

Wavves
08-11-2015, 08:41 AM
For a guy who is labeled as a good rebounder, I've never seen such a selfish player when going for rebounds. I didn't mind him when he was on the Blazers but definitely saw it when he left the team and my homer goggles were taken off.

chocolatethunder
08-11-2015, 09:55 AM
Hickson is a good per minute rebounder he is an awful defender.

kurple
08-11-2015, 10:01 AM
he's also a very good roll man in the PnR

Ty to JJ was the easiest assists for Lawson

RidonKs
08-11-2015, 10:14 AM
he's not going anywhere, he has something of a jumpshot, reasonable hands, and he's tenacious. he'll wind up getting picked up for vets min the next few seasons as a bonus rebounder/finisher.

but wang summed it up, he's got a lot of deficiencies. then again so does reggie evans so who knows.

Hey Yo
08-11-2015, 11:49 AM
He, along with Jamario Moon and other players, were the ones that were supposedly be the young studs that LeBron needed to wait on and let develop instead of going to Miami.

How'd that workout?

wang4three
08-11-2015, 11:58 AM
He, along with Jamario Moon and other players, were the ones that were supposedly be the young studs that LeBron needed to wait on and let develop instead of going to Miami.

How'd that workout?

Jomario Moon is like 5 years older than LeBron.

NBAplayoffs2001
08-11-2015, 12:28 PM
He is a hustle player with very little offense and piss poor defense. The Blazers lacked rebounding, so he looked good statistically with us, but still was not that good. He then went to the Nuggets, where he had to share the floor with and give up minutes to a better version of himself (Faried). Anybody who knew his playing style should have been able to predict that being by Faried is not a good fit for him. He'd only be semi-productive as Faried's replacement when it was time for him to rest.

I really liked him as a player and he is a great big off the bench in NBA 2K. Brandon Bass surprisingly is nasty in 2K11 too. He hit every mid range shot I used to give him with my Magic SG.

The sad thing is, he isn't a great defender. He is undersized, Faried is far more athletic/hustle than Hickson and has plenty of room to improve. He flamed out but still had a respectable NBA career. He came out with more hype than he deserved.

He's pretty infamous for his bad defense too. Great rebounder, poor defender as said before in this thread.

Bandito
08-11-2015, 12:54 PM
For a guy who is labeled as a good rebounder, I've never seen such a selfish player when going for rebounds. I didn't mind him when he was on the Blazers but definitely saw it when he left the team and my homer goggles were taken off.
You're supposed to be selfish when going for rebounds.

hiphopanonymous
10-21-2019, 06:25 PM
I was just wondering this myself then I looked it up...

Armed robbery;

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-nba-player-j-j-hickson-jr-accused-of-stealing-100000-in-violent-home-invasion

:wtf:

coin24
10-21-2019, 06:39 PM
Ahh Lebron23 the diehard cavs fan:lol

Is the midget still posting as Manny now?

hiphopanonymous
10-21-2019, 06:43 PM
Ahh Lebron23 the diehard cavs fan:lol

Is the midget still posting as Manny now?
I think he still posts as manny yeah, I remember endless arguments about his height - he swore up and down he's 5-10 but nobody wanted to believe the poor guy

HoopologyPhD
10-21-2019, 06:49 PM
Lebron destroys his PFs physically, emotionally, spiritually and possibly even sexually.

DoctorP
10-21-2019, 06:50 PM
Lebron destroys his PFs physically, emotionally, spiritually and possibly even sexually.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/33IuTLxqRETHkZUaH4/giphy.gif

Meticode
10-21-2019, 07:20 PM
No heart. Probably didn't love the game enough to keep working on it like others do.