PDA

View Full Version : melo has to be a top 3 offensive player

avonbarksdale
08-10-2015, 12:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82bDmaSCNY

has every move

bizil
08-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Scoring wise, YES!! In terms of production and scoring skillset as a package, I think Melo, Durant, Harden and Curry are the best in the world. A healthy Kobe would of course be in the mix too. But offense ALSO involves passing the rock. So the best offensive player in the world needs to be a great scorer AND great passer. In that realm, Lebron is the best in the world. And has been for the longest time. After Lebron, u got guys like Curry, Harden, a healthy Kobe, Westbrook, and CP3.

Legends66NBA7
08-10-2015, 01:11 AM
You need more than every move to be a top 3 offensive player. Scoring, passing, and how you can carry a team overall on offense, I'd still take...

LeBron
Durant (healthy)
Curry
Paul
Harden
Westbrook

Melo might fall in the top 10 but still chases those guys. If Kobe and Dirk weren't old and falling apart, they would be higher too. Still, I probably see most taking last year's Dirk over Melo.

TheMarkMadsen
08-10-2015, 01:11 AM
Curry is the best offensive player in the world

bizil
08-10-2015, 01:42 AM

He has a case for sure! He's the best combo of shooting, handles, and dimes in the world. And the production that Steph puts up shows how dominant he is on offense. For me, I prefer Lebron because he can physically impose his will on his opponents. Both in terms of freak athletic ability and size.

Historically, when u look at guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Big O, they could physically impose their will either by their size OR freak athletic ability. Bird, Magic, and Big O weren't freak athletes. But they had the size advantage at their positions VIRTUALLY every night. Big O was the size of a small forward playing the PG position. Magic and Bird were the size of some PF's at their respective positions. So they could kill u with skill, IQ, and size.

TheMarkMadsen
08-10-2015, 01:46 AM
He has a case for sure! He's the best combo of shooting, handles, and dimes in the world. And the production that Steph puts up shows how dominant he is on offense. For me, I prefer Lebron because he can physically impose his will on his opponents. Both in terms of freak athletic ability and size.

Historically, when u look at guys like Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe, and Big O, they could physically impose their will either by their size OR freak athletic ability. Bird, Magic, and Big O weren't freak athletes. But they had the size advantage at their positions VIRTUALLY every night. Big O was the size of a small forward playing the PG position. Magic and Bird were the size of some PF's their respective positions. So they could kill u with skill, IQ, and size.

I put Curry there because imo nobody receives as much defenisve attention currently as he does..

you'll never see the defense completely allowing Curry to shoot mid range jumpers and iso all game like you will see defense do to Lebron..

a guy like Curry gets double teamed in places on the court that nobody would even imagine double teaming a player 2 years ago..

this guy get his teammates open by just having the ball past half court..

ekosky
08-10-2015, 02:14 AM
LeBron
Durant
Melo

That third spot is arguable tho. A bunch of players could be there instead of sMell-o.

bizil
08-10-2015, 02:25 AM
I put Curry there because imo nobody receives as much defenisve attention currently as he does..

you'll never see the defense completely allowing Curry to shoot mid range jumpers and iso all game like you will see defense do to Lebron..

a guy like Curry gets double teamed in places on the court that nobody would even imagine double teaming a player 2 years ago..

this guy get his teammates open by just having the ball past half court..

I agree with u! U can for sure argue Steph as the best offensive talent in the world. In terms of technical-fundamental ability, he is the best offensive weapon in the world. He's the Daniel Bryan of the NBA!

StusOneGoodEye
08-10-2015, 02:36 AM
put him in a non scoring role. dispicable

TheMarkMadsen
08-10-2015, 02:38 AM
I agree with u! U can for sure argue Steph as the best offensive talent in the world. In terms of technical-fundamental ability, he is the best offensive weapon in the world. He's the Daniel Bryan of the NBA!

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Heavincent
08-10-2015, 02:57 AM
He's clearly not.

Durant
Curry
Lebron
Harden

All undeniably better.

imdaman99
08-10-2015, 10:26 AM
Has every move and is a willing passer if he has players around him. I'm not talking about kicking it out to JR so he can take a stepback 20 footer. When he had high IQ veterans around him, Melo won plenty of games. He's had bargnani and Shump and JR around him the last few years... Kidd was a corpse in the playoffs, but he was really good in the regular season in the 12-13 season because of the ball movement he provided. Same when he was with Billups in Denver.

Talent is important...but not as much as leaders with high IQ.

ArbitraryWater
08-10-2015, 10:29 AM

damn, made that reference knowing Madsen is a WWE fan? :bowdown:

Kobe_6/8
08-10-2015, 10:38 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82bDmaSCNY

has every move

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmsjxtrdF61qiz3j8o1_500.gif

derb2k2
08-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Lot of good it's done for him in his career.

Nuff Said
08-10-2015, 10:51 AM
At this point I would say even kyrie has a better offense than melo. So no, not top 3, or 5.

Rocketswin2013
08-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Not even a top 3 scorer IMO. And that's like, his main offensive output. Underrated offensive rebounder, though.

PJR
08-10-2015, 10:57 AM
Lol no. Dude sucks at finishing at the rim.

ralph_i_el
08-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Melo just needs good defenders, shooters, and ball movers around him. He's an offensive weapon, pure and simple.

pastis
08-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Melo still has 3-4 elite years to play. so he has all chances to win a chip? in the east with NY he def. has better chances than in the west.

saying that, i guess he just didnt want to be a second banana or 1B in chicago, so he took the money in ny and hopes to contend there.

in the east an ECF run is possible every year with an great individual performance and some reliable stidekicks

TheCorporation
08-10-2015, 02:50 PM

He has scored 25 ppg 0 times
He has shot over 49% 0 times
He has averaged over 8.5 apg 0 times

He DOES have an amazing 3-point shot and FT % though

Nice try, junior. Back to reality now :lol

Heavincent
08-10-2015, 02:56 PM
He has scored 25 ppg 0 times
He has shot over 49% 0 times
He has averaged over 8.5 apg 0 times

He DOES have an amazing 3-point shot and FT % though

Nice try, junior. Back to reality now :lol

He averaged 28 PPG in a title run.

And lol at your extremely arbitrary cut offs.