PDA

View Full Version : How often do trolls in here change their opinion or admit that they are wrong?

nba_55
08-10-2015, 08:55 PM
INB4 some1 turns this against me.

but it's a legit question

97 bulls
08-10-2015, 08:55 PM
legit question
Never

nba_55
08-10-2015, 08:57 PM
Never

then, why do members in here keep arguing with them? What are they trying to accomplish by doing that? Why do people keep arguing with 3ball or euroleague, etc?

ralph_i_el
08-10-2015, 09:01 PM
then, why do members in here keep arguing with them? What are they trying to accomplish by doing that? Why do people keep arguing with 3ball or euroleague, etc?

For the innocent lurkers

oarabbus
08-10-2015, 09:14 PM
INB4 some1 turns this against me.

but it's a legit question

No it's not by definition trolls don't admit they are wrong or change opinion or they wouldn't be trolls

nba_55
08-10-2015, 11:07 PM
No it's not by definition trolls don't admit they are wrong or change opinion or they wouldn't be trolls

you are right, but this one is legit:
Why do members in here keep arguing with them?

Rocketswin2013
08-10-2015, 11:10 PM
you are right, but this one is legit:
Why do members in here keep arguing with them?
3ball is literally insane. I have no idea why people even get into spam contests with him.

RRR3
08-10-2015, 11:12 PM
3ball is literally insane. I have no idea why people even get into spam contests with him.
You think 3ball is insane, be glad you never met lakersreign. Dumbest and craziest poster ever

kshutts1
08-10-2015, 11:17 PM
I never truly though 3ball was insane until today.. and his "results oriented" argument.

But I continued to have discussions with him because I hoped that if I could show him how illogical his arguments were, that he may recant them. Not disagreeing with his opinion, but with his "facts" and double standards, etc.

Also, for the "innocent bystander" as another poster pointed out.

nba_55
08-10-2015, 11:20 PM
I never truly though 3ball was insane until today.. and his "results oriented" argument.

But I continued to have discussions with him because I hoped that if I could show him how illogical his arguments were, that he may recant them. Not disagreeing with his opinion, but with his "facts" and double standards, etc.

Also, for the "innocent bystander" as another poster pointed out.

how did the discussion end? He continued to post the same thing?

nba_55
08-10-2015, 11:23 PM
For the innocent lurkers

it doesn't help because responding to troll encourages more trolling. All they want is reactions. More reactions mean more trolling.

kshutts1
08-10-2015, 11:27 PM
how did the discussion end? He continued to post the same thing?
It ended because I stopped responding, because he didn't refute my question, that was essentially "did you really just say that we need to consider the player Pippen COULD HAVE BEEN in a different situation?".

Big Cheese
08-10-2015, 11:59 PM
it doesn't help because responding to troll encourages more trolling. All they want is reactions. More reactions mean more trolling.

yup, 3ball literally spams topics, deletes and edits his own posts so he can bump old threads, and copy and pastes his own post repeatedly just so he can fish for replies.

I never seen a troll so desperate for attention in my life.

I wish we could get some site wide agreement to all ignore him, it would be hilarious, he would spam 20 topics a day, trying to bait arguments and once he sees that no1 replies to him he would probably go into meltdown mode but I doubt people on this site have the self control to not reply to him.

J Shuttlesworth
08-11-2015, 12:10 AM
I've never seen it on here.

This simply isn't a forum where people are looking to discuss things and alter their opinions. It's one of the reasons I barely participate in the LBJ/Kobe/MJ/Wilt discussions on here anymore. Everyone has their opinion and is set in it. You could completely logically debunk their opinion, and they'll come back the next day saying the same garbage.

I seriously don't know how guys like Laz/CavsFTW write essay after essay trying to explain Wilt to someone who will trash Wilt no matter what kind of argument you present. Same goes for the guys participating in all the LBJ/Kobe/MJ stuff. I see guys like kenneth, 3ball, etc. on here constantly getting in the same arguments over and over and getting nowhere with them. I just don't get how they haven't gotten sick of it.

chips93
08-11-2015, 12:23 AM
I once thought op wasn't a ******.

disel
08-11-2015, 12:26 AM
lin trolls will never admit he is a average playa because they think he is a star:roll: . kobe fans will never admit he is not a superstar anymore. LBJ fans think he has no flaws. every fanbase is delusional

DMV2
08-11-2015, 12:33 AM
lin trolls will never admit he is a average playa because they think he is a star:roll: . kobe fans will never admit he is not a superstar anymore. LBJ fans think he has no flaws. every fanbase is delusional
I liked Lin in NY and even in Houston but there no excuse for anybody to lose their starting gig to Ronnie Price. Price never been a starter ever.

There's actually still 1 Lin stan here. Kiddsomething...forgot his name.

nba_55
08-12-2015, 03:01 AM
I've never seen it on here.

This simply isn't a forum where people are looking to discuss things and alter their opinions. It's one of the reasons I barely participate in the LBJ/Kobe/MJ/Wilt discussions on here anymore. Everyone has their opinion and is set in it. You could completely logically debunk their opinion, and they'll come back the next day saying the same garbage.

I seriously don't know how guys like Laz/CavsFTW write essay after essay trying to explain Wilt to someone who will trash Wilt no matter what kind of argument you present. Same goes for the guys participating in all the LBJ/Kobe/MJ stuff. I see guys like kenneth, 3ball, etc. on here constantly getting in the same arguments over and over and getting nowhere with them. I just don't get how they haven't gotten sick of it.

You are right. At this point, after all the essays, if someone is not convinced, they won't ever be convinced.

Also, I think it's okay to have some trolling, sometimes it's funny and fun. A forum where everyone is always serious about everything is boring, but in here, it's too much trolling.

JohnMax
08-12-2015, 03:53 AM
I used to be a Kobe fan until they got Pau Gasol. That's when I realized Kobe is a ballhogger even when he has good teammates. So I became a Kobe hater.

I desperately wanted to root for someone who could surpass Kobe. I chose Lebron but he let me down by going 2/6. I now hate Lebron.

I study basketball now so I don't get fooled into supporting flawed players like lebron. I realized Lebron's main weakness is his lack of quick first step. So I can't root for any player with a weak first step. They include Westbrook, Wall, Lavine, Durant and Paul George.

TripleA
08-12-2015, 04:01 AM
I used to be a Kobe fan until they got Pau Gasol. That's when I realized Kobe is a ballhogger even when he has good teammates. So I became a Kobe hater.

I desperately wanted to root for someone who could surpass Kobe. I chose Lebron but he let me down by going 2/6. I now hate Lebron.

I study basketball now so I don't get fooled into supporting flawed players like lebron. I realized Lebron's main weakness is his lack of quick first step. So I can't root for any player with a weak first step. They include Westbrook, Wall, Lavine, Durant and Paul George.

:lol what a fake nerd who are you 3brick. Leandro Barbosa
Has a elite first step but sucks at everything else. You a fan of that first step boy.

Mr. Jabbar
08-12-2015, 04:07 AM
i've seen it happen:

http://i.imgur.com/rkLXeCJ.png

97 bulls
08-12-2015, 04:26 AM
I am willing to discuss basketball with him because we have an audience that probably didn't watch those players as their situations unfolded. But i do feel having discussions with him is a waste of time

Dro
08-12-2015, 06:22 PM
To answer the OP, NEVER. Kenneth, silkk, 9erempire, whoever, they are all just sh*tty trolls who never answer to sh*t. It amazes me that people still take their threads seriously. Its only going to lead back to Kobe's the bestest if you're talking to Kenneth or 9er and Silkk only shows his face when Lebron wins.....

ekosky
08-12-2015, 06:25 PM
I am not a troll but I only recently realized LeBrons greatness. IT HAPPENS.