PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith said Lebron is better than Bird about 15 months ago

JohnMax
08-12-2015, 02:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NWYjZDw8wI&t=6m53s

ekosky
08-12-2015, 02:36 PM
And?

kennethgriffin
08-12-2015, 02:59 PM
is this before or after 2 for 6 happened

SouBeachTalents
08-12-2015, 03:06 PM
And just a few months ago OP said LeBron was better than Kobe

Nash
08-12-2015, 03:06 PM
stephen a smith and skip just talk and talk.. they have no opinions, they just say stuff and the BS sooner or later catches up with him. Just like with this.

Dragonyeuw
08-12-2015, 03:14 PM
His position hasn't really changed. Over the first 45 minutes of the game, he would take Lebron's overall skillset on both ends but in crunch-time, he trusts and would take Bird to close the game.

wang4three
08-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Stephen A's debating tactic is so stupid. Basically he'll say one thing, then completely contradict it afterwards, but when people call him out on it, he'll refer to the one thing he said at the beginning.

Basically, it'll be like:

Stephen A: "Jeremy Lin can play, but he has suspect handles, a terrible jump shot, poor decision making, and bad defense."

Other debater: "He's average 15/8 and 2 stls with 1.5 TOs in his last 5 games while the team has gone 4-1."

Stephen A: "Did you not hear me, I said he can play!"

Guy is an idiot. He makes Skip look legit, which is very difficult.

Akrazotile
08-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Stephen A hates white (and asian) people.

FACT.

Im actually not being facetious. He does and everyone knows it.

r15mohd
08-12-2015, 03:48 PM
Stephen A's debating tactic is so stupid. Basically he'll say one thing, then completely contradict it afterwards, but when people call him out on it, he'll refer to the one thing he said at the beginning.

Stephen A: "Jeremy Lin can play, but he has suspect handles, a terrible jump shot, poor decision making, and bad defense."

Other debater: "He's average 15/8 and 2 stls with 1.5 TOs in his last 5 games while the team has gone 4-1."

this is so spot on about SAS :roll: :roll: :roll:

G0ATbe
08-12-2015, 03:59 PM
He was only 1.5*/5 back then. Guess 1.5*/6 is too laughable of a record to ignore anymore from his point of view.

JohnMax
08-12-2015, 04:18 PM
He was only 1.5*/5 back then. Guess 1.5*/6 is too laughable of a record to ignore anymore from his point of view.

He was actually 2-2. It was after Miami had a 3-1 series lead on the Pacers.

bizil
08-12-2015, 04:52 PM
His position hasn't really changed. Over the first 45 minutes of the game, he would take Lebron's overall skillset on both ends but in crunch-time, he trusts and would take Bird to close the game.

That's right! Stephen A. has ALWAYS maintained that Bird was his choice in terms of clutch scoring and KILLER INSTINCT. Alpha dog scoring ability is the MOST PREMIUM ASSET in basketball. Bron is an alpha dog scorer for sure. BUT guys like Bird and MJ are THE ULTIMATE alpha dogs.

KirbyPls
08-12-2015, 04:55 PM
That's right! Stephen A. has ALWAYS maintained that Bird was his choice in terms of clutch scoring and KILLER INSTINCT. Alpha dog scoring ability is the MOST PREMIUM ASSET in basketball. Bron is an alpha dog scorer for sure. BUT guys like Bird and MJ are THE ULTIMATE alpha dogs.

And Lebron scores more points on better efficiency than Bird in the playoffs, so there's that.

PejaTheSerbSnip
08-12-2015, 05:09 PM

Lol good post. He absolutely does do that.

Hence why I only watch first take for shits and giggles. It's not meant to be taken seriously. Anybody that thinks these guys are even TRYING to be basketball analysts should give their head a shake. Their whole schtick is to get a reaction out of people. I don't know if they've ever once had true conviction in an opinion they were expressing on air. They're on autopilot and its silly to take them even one iota seriously.

bizil
08-12-2015, 05:14 PM
And Lebron scores more points on better efficiency than Bird in the playoffs, so there's that.

But as Stephen A said, when the game's on the line, Bird is the superior player. PLUS Bird is one of the five greatest shooters of all time. He's a 50-40-90 kind of shooter. By the numbers, Bird and Bron are on the same level of scoring. BUT Bird's shooting and killer instinct is superior to Lebron. Both are alpha dogs for sure. But Bird is the BETTER ALPHA DOG!! Bron is the most versatile player of all time. So BOTH are epic in their own ways!

SpecialQue
08-12-2015, 05:17 PM
OP on a roll posting bullshit today.

TripleA
08-12-2015, 07:21 PM
op you are not even a funny troll. You serve no purpose except being the butt of everyone's jokes.

FLDFSU
08-12-2015, 08:14 PM
Stephen A hates white (and asian) people.

FACT.

Im actually not being facetious. He does and everyone knows it.

That is incredible coming from the board's resident racist moron.

Akrazotile
08-12-2015, 08:23 PM
That is incredible coming from the board's resident racist moron.

I'm not racist at all :facepalm

Youre too stupid unfortunately to understand the difference between criticizing aspects of a CULTURE, or the character of INDIVIDUALS, or simply being honest about trends that everybody sees but most are too beta to acknowledge, versus judging persons based on whatever their skin color is, which I dont and never have.

And to reiterate my point, I dont think youre TOO STUPID to understand that nuance, simply because youre black. I just think as an individual you happen to be TOO STUPID due to isolated biological defect. Im not lumping anyone else in with you simply because youre retarded and have african ancestry.

I hope this was illuminating.

TripleA
08-12-2015, 09:37 PM

Youre too stupid unfortunately to understand the difference between criticizing aspects of a CULTURE, or the character of INDIVIDUALS, or simply being honest about trends that everybody sees but most are too beta to acknowledge, versus judging persons based on whatever their skin color is, which I dont and never have.

And to reiterate my point, I dont think youre TOO STUPID to understand that nuance, simply because youre black. I just think as an individual you happen to be TOO STUPID due to isolated biological defect. Im not lumping anyone else in with you simply because youre retarded and have african ancestry.

Interesting. http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4610/tross.png

Dragonyeuw
08-12-2015, 11:22 PM

Well damn.

Marv_Albert
08-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Stephen A smith has got a lot to learn.... Should ask me first...

disel
08-13-2015, 03:36 AM

if the only thing he was right was lin and being over hyped. terrible example.

Pushxx
08-13-2015, 08:10 AM

Lol :cheers:

Especially the part about Skip. :roll:

TheBigVeto
08-13-2015, 10:59 PM
He be racist

Lebron23
08-14-2015, 12:22 AM
I don't take any of Stephen Smith, and Skip Bayless thought's seriously.