PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors travel the most miles next season, Cavs the least.

JohnMax
08-13-2015, 01:15 AM
http://nbasavant.com/apps/map.php?team_id=1610612744&season=2015

SouBeachTalents
08-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Thanks TMZ

Lensanity
08-13-2015, 01:20 AM
TMZ

20Four
08-13-2015, 01:21 AM
The league always tryin to help leBRONZE as much as possible lol

Lebron23
08-13-2015, 01:26 AM
The league always tryin to help leBRONZE as much as possible lol

Come on Brah. Lebron was one man army in the NBA Finals last June.

20Four
08-13-2015, 01:29 AM

Damn son...since I respect you know I can't talk shit back lol tang ina

TemporaMutantur
08-13-2015, 01:35 AM
Maybe it's simply because Cleveland is more centric with respect to the other NBA cities, and by maybe, I mean definitely. Whereas, GSW is located on one end, particularly the end with less NBA teams.

TylerOO
08-13-2015, 01:39 AM
Maybe it's simply because Cleveland is more centric with respect to the other NBA cities, and by maybe, I mean definitely. Whereas, GSW is located on one end, particularly the end with less NBA teams.

Dont use logic.

Spurs m8
08-13-2015, 01:41 AM

Exactly.

Not everything has to do with LeBron lmao

SouBeachTalents
08-13-2015, 01:45 AM
Exactly.

Not everything has to do with LeBron lmao

It does for OP

Akrazotile
08-13-2015, 01:48 AM
SHUT THE **** UP TMZ

JohnMax
08-13-2015, 01:54 AM
Cavs also get the easiest schedule in the league

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CMQvS2RWgAAUeh9.jpg:large

KembaWalker

weak east.

Prime_Shaq
Damn son...since I respect you know I can't talk shit back lol tang ina
Putang ina bobo?

Spurs m8
08-13-2015, 01:57 AM
OP should be more worried about the Spurs than CLE tbh

bdreason
08-13-2015, 02:13 AM
I don't think it's a coincidence the Cavs travel the least AND have the easiest SOS. Must be nice having the deck stacked in your favor.

NugzFan
08-13-2015, 02:19 AM
I don't think it's a coincidence the Cavs travel the least AND have the easiest SOS. Must be nice having the deck stacked in your favor.

shouldnt the cavs have basically the same SOS as any other eastern team, with the exception that they cant play themselves?

better teams always have easier SOS for that reason. likewise bad teams dont get the chance to play themselves 4 times so they have a tougher SOS.

redboy
08-13-2015, 04:11 AM
I'm hardly a Cavs fan, but it kind of makes sense to have the easiest SOS. I mean, one of the eastern teams is going to have the easiest SOS and it makes sense for the best east team to have the easiest SOS as they don't play themselves while playing all the shitty east teams

Uncle Drew
08-13-2015, 04:17 AM
:roll:

Conspiracy!

This league is rigged, everything to help the Cavs!

Grow up.

Uncle Drew
08-13-2015, 04:19 AM
The bottom 3 teams on the miles ranking are from the central division and the Bulls rank two spots higher than the Cavs on the SOS. I figure why that is. :hammerhead:

BigTicket
08-13-2015, 05:00 AM

Do you not understand how SOS schedule works ? Of course the strongest team in the weakest conference will have the easiest schedule, there is no way to avoid that.

Gileraracer
08-13-2015, 05:19 AM
I have another idea for you Adam Silver. Just let the Cavs only play at home to make sure you carry LeBronz to another ring yet again

keep-itreal
08-13-2015, 05:51 AM
conspiracy?

Smoke117
08-13-2015, 06:40 AM
TMZ

KG215
08-13-2015, 07:29 AM
leBRONZE
:oldlol:

God one.

:rolleyes:

ArbitraryWater
08-13-2015, 10:54 AM

That shit cant be done statistically :lol

logically, since they are the best team and can't play themselves, they will have the "easiest" schedule, if you can call it that.

you're rich but retarded if you don't see why the best team in the weaker conference will logically have the 'easiest' schedule :lol :facepalm

Taller than CP3
08-13-2015, 01:08 PM
how much help does Lebron need?

QuebecBaller
08-13-2015, 01:18 PM
so less LeTravel?

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 02:22 PM
Schedules are done systematically, not by reward. Each team plays teams in the other conference twice, 6 teams in their conference 4 times, 4 teams in their conference 3 times, and their division 4 times. This is true for EVERY TEAM.

Again, not everything is about LeBron

Thorpesaurous
08-13-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm hardly a Cavs fan, but it kind of makes sense to have the easiest SOS. I mean, one of the eastern teams is going to have the easiest SOS and it makes sense for the best east team to have the easiest SOS as they don't play themselves while playing all the shitty east teams

These two guys didn't get the memo about this place. These posts are practically bannable actions.

Bruh!

bdreason
08-13-2015, 02:51 PM
Schedules are done systematically, not by reward. Each team plays teams in the other conference twice, 6 teams in their conference 4 times, 4 teams in their conference 3 times, and their division 4 times. This is true for EVERY TEAM.

Again, not everything is about LeBron

And this is what needs to change. Get rid of the Conferences and balance the SOS's. The Warriors should not be traveling 20 THOUSAND miles more and have a significantly more difficult SOS.

And the fact that the Warriors travel more than the Blazers, who are significantly more isolated in the NW, doesn't make sense either. Just poor scheduling all around.

Thorpesaurous
08-13-2015, 03:05 PM
And this is what needs to change. Get rid of the Conferences and balance the SOS's. The Warriors should not be traveling 20 THOUSAND miles more and have a significantly more difficult SOS.

And the fact that the Warriors travel more than the Blazers, who are significantly more isolated in the NW, doesn't make sense either. Just poor scheduling all around.

Portland is number two on the list, and like 1300 miles less than Golden State. It makes total sense. A couple weird games lining up, and a few nights where GS gets screwed a bit because of what I'm sure is a bigger national TV schedule, really doesn't matter that much.

Here's the link to all the info.

http://nbasavant.com/apps/map.php?team_id=1610612738&season=2015

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 03:08 PM

The team that wins the championship always gets the short end of the stick when it comes to scheduling in the goal of promoting parity. This is true for the NFL as well.

And the fact that GS is in the West doesn't help matters.

It has nothing to do with the league coddling Lebron James, as the OP is clearly insinuating.

These are big boys. Being on a plane for an extra 45 minutes is not a big deal. The amount of trips are basically the same, which is what really matters.

sd3035
08-13-2015, 04:41 PM

His opponent was only one man too

btw that guy killed him and won FMVP :lol

smoovegittar
08-13-2015, 04:43 PM
...but LeBron travels all the time -

KNOW1EDGE
08-13-2015, 04:46 PM
Dont use logic.

Seriously. Don't introduce new practices to this overwhelmed board.

sd3035
08-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Cavs are #1 if you add Lebald's on court traveling

NugzFan
08-13-2015, 09:11 PM

what the hell are they suppose to do? the warriors just play in a city further than a lot of other nba cities.

move the warriors to st louis and i bet youll see the mileage drop fast.

Meticode
08-13-2015, 09:13 PM
JohnMax going full retard twice in the same thread.

Legends66NBA7
08-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Warriors get the easiest SOS of Western teams, but they are the champs. They are off course ranked #1.

Bottom 10 SOS all belongs to the East

SpecialQue
08-13-2015, 09:36 PM

How dare you.

gilalizard
08-13-2015, 10:55 PM
Being on the coast in an actually decent metropolitan area, as opposed to being out in the sticks in Ohio, is the biggest factor. Though I wouldn't put it past the league to use that as cover to make it even less mileage for LeBron than it should be. Let's put it this way: If there's a scheduling choice between which team would get less mileage, we all know the league would give the shorter trip to whatever team LeBron is on.

That established, it's inarguable that it's yet another factor in how easy LeBron has had it throughout his entire career. Just like how weak the East is. It's not his fault the East sucks as much as it does (well, besides all the colluding and stacking he's done), but he still is benefiting from it massively. No other superstar player has ever had as easy paths to Finals appearances as LeBron has.

ShawkFactory
08-13-2015, 11:36 PM
Being on the coast in an actually decent metropolitan area, as opposed to being out in the sticks in Ohio, is the biggest factor. Though I wouldn't put it past the league to use that as cover to make it even less mileage for LeBron than it should be. Let's put it this way: If there's a scheduling choice between which team would get less mileage, we all know the league would give the shorter trip to whatever team LeBron is on.

That established, it's inarguable that it's yet another factor in how easy LeBron has had it throughout his entire career. Just like how weak the East is. It's not his fault the East sucks as much as it does (well, besides all the colluding and stacking he's done), but he still is benefiting from it massively. No other superstar player has ever had as easy paths to Finals appearances as LeBron has.
https://mattyfresh697400.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/magicsprite.jpg